CorelDRAW Reviews - Page 6

SR

Serena R.

Used other for less than 6 months

Non-Graphic designers friendly

Nowadays I don't use CorelDRAW anymore, really I don't use it since the first half-year of my career. As I said before, it was my first approach to graphic design softwares, it really helped me with some basic things about sheet estructures, but today I'm part of the Adobe army. Anyway, I can see people from my family who has nothing to do with graphic design using it, and reaching what they need. I RECOMMEND IT for those who want to take their FIRST STEPS onto graphic design. But while you scale, and need a bigger and better workflow, you gonna need something more professional.

Pros

I think CorelDRAW is the first "pro" software we've all used as designers (deleting Canva lol), it is easy to understand, really intuitive (among other softwares), and helps us to achive our firsts designs (such as posters, brochures, information sheets, etc). When your aren't related to many design concepts (vectors, curves, textures, etc), it's still really useful, and many people out of graphic design is able to use it. Specially for those things you think is not necessary to get a designer, or you can't pay for it.

Cons

We all know about the historical competition betweet Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW, so I can't stay out of this comparison. The truth is that, although CorelDRAW let us make vectorial designs, Illustrator is much more complete. It is not based on the tools you have on each software, 'cause nowadays they're so similar, but its community makes the difference. Today we can found many textures, brushes,...

ET

Etornam T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

CorelDRAW: Good Platform for quality designs

CorelDRAW is a very good designing software; it provides a number of tools that makes it easy to design, edit photos, create logos etc.

Pros

CorelDRAW for me has a good interface, very easy to learn and use for graphic designing works. Designs can be created in high resolutions using CorelDRAW and provides the user with different file formats to export the design.

Cons

It sometimes difficult to update the software to newer versions and it sometimes crashes whiles using it

Misheck K.

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use

Its a really nice Graphic-design tool which helps me create high quality images in a short period of time because it is easy to use with a friendly interface

Pros

CorelDRAW user friendly and straight forward, I Started my graphic design with Adobe then was letter introduced to CorelDRAW and i discovered that its much easier and straight forward to use, Its subscription is also very affordable and it high quality images

Cons

To be honest i don't think have found any disadvantage in CorelDRAW its a great application, though the trial version comes with limited features which results in not making nice images. But that can be fixed by purchasing the application

MS

Mohammed S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Saved our project in a time of budget cuts

My overall experience with CorelDraw has been very exciting. My first attempt at it was as a result of budget cuts to my project, which meant that we could not afford to hire a graphic designer to produce the materials we needed. So I had a week to go from reading the manual guide for the very first time to creating professional-looking logos and designs. As challenging as the experience was, it has also been one of my most enjoyable tasks every undertaken.

Pros

The interface is very light on the eyes. I didn't have to struggle to much to get acquainted to the workflow and understand how to apply all the tools and features I needed to be productive. I also like that it is equally competent in working on existing material, as well as creating from scratch.

Cons

I honestly do not have any complains about the software. It has been a life saver for me and my project.

FD

Federica D.

Computer Software, self-employed

The best vector graphic software

Generally speaking, I suggest CorelDRAW as a superb decision for logo architects vector craftsmanship designers. As it has huge loads of elements superb for planning different sorts of expressions. With regards to eliminating significant blunders from the picture, refining the picture or video, or applying fundamental and advanced impacts, no other device is better compared to CorelDRAW. I tracked down CorelDRAW the ideal harmony between ease of use and usefulness. The image editor is not difficult to learn, the window examinations of plans assist the overall design process. This product is truly one of the most incredible old programs for realistic and vector altering. It performs well once you get an understanding on the best way to utilize it, and it isn't the case complex to learn.

Pros

Effectively examine your hand-brought pictures and convert into vector pictures. It resolves all issues connected with editing. Basically, there isn't anything you can't do with CorelDraw, you can accomplish nearly anything and can twist it to do such countless magnificent things in various ways.

Cons

It doesn't work with Mac and that's a shame. It should be more powerful when working with a large file size since it tends to slow down a bit. For the rest, I have nothing to say about it, it's great software.

YA

Yusril A.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Vector image creator

Pros

easy to use, good performance, and UI friendly

Cons

more tools like Adobe Illustrator tools

DS

Doug S.

Computer Software, self-employed

Was a great product but now is expensive and slow

CorelDraw was great for many years though and has always been pricey. I recently switched to Affinity Designer which is MUCH cheaper. Affinity Designer is wicked fast and is a much better product. It just shows how Corel has slacked-off over the years instead of improving their bloated products.

Pros

I have used CorelDraw since version 6 (in 1998), and in that time have used it for lots of vector graphics projects.

Cons

CorelDraw has gotten slower and less reliable over the years with lots of unnecessary features. It takes a long time to load. The price has increased even with cheaper alternatives becoming more numerous.

HH

Hussaini H.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Corel draw as the best software for design

I'm using this software to makes many designs which include, greeting cards, wedding cards, programs and bannars. Corel draw helps me to built my business and it serves as a source of income to me.

Pros

Actually, I like all the features in corel draw which makes all designs easier and faster. Corel draw is very simple to use for any user and it helps a lot in archieving all kinds of designs which makes my business moving forward.

Cons

I really don't like the fact that, users can only use this software using their computers. I think if many features were been added to this software it can make it more easier for users. I hereby suggest that, if Corel draw will be available in smart phones, it will attract more users. And sometimes I find it very difficult by using this software in computers only which delays my business.

RT

Robert T.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Digital Fabrication Makerspace Go To Design Software

I teach high school kids how to use digital fabrication tools and need a software that they can learn quickly and has the ability to generate files for use on multiple pieces of equipment. CorelDRAW does just that and is easy to get them hooked on what is possible... Especially the Art students!

Pros

This software is intuitive and easy to learn and get started with for someone who comes from a non-digital design software background.

Cons

The fact that it takes me so long to get acclimated to all of it's awesome features and functions which are plentiful.

MR

Michael R.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Un excelente software de diseño en vectores

Coreldraw es un pograma de vectores muy sencillo de usar y me a permitido hacer la mayoria de ms diseños vectoriales de forma rapida, la amplia lista de filtros y efectos que ofrece me han permitido convertir imagenes sencillas en artes profecionales.

Pros

Lo que mas me gusta de coreldraw son sus herramientas para la edificion de nodos, son super flexibles y faciles de usar. Puedes dibujar o vectrizar cualquier figura con solo un par de trazos con una sola herramienta sin tener que estar saltando de una a otra para completar la edicion.

Cons

Lo unico que no me gusta del todo en coreldraw es la calibracion del color ya que no suele ser muy exactaye ocaciones me arroja clores con tonos un poco mas oscuros cuando exporto mis diseños a otros formatos.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

ZE

Zullay E.

best software ever

Of the applications to design is the one I prefer for graphic editing and vector illustration.

Pros

It is a faster, more fluid and accurate vector graphic design software. I can create designs and illustrations very easily. of the applications to design is the one I prefer for graphic editing and vector illustration.

Cons

It is frustrating that from one version to a higher one each file needs to be updated as new ones cannot be opened with the previous number. I guess it is what keeps them in the market that one needs to buy the new version

MB

Miguel B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Design software

I liked as a beginner user but to get to know and to become an advanced user I found it too complicated with a little support. I had created simple designs for which I think Corel is a good option but to create compound vectors or shapes you have to spend extra effort and time in order to get the desired results.

Pros

Some tools of Corel caught my attention. This software offers to be the alternative as professional design software of Adobe products. Some features in design with Corel you can do with simple steps but some of them you need to have previous experience in designing.

Cons

To obtain professional results in graphics design with Corel you have to have previous knowledge in design. The lack of support to learn the use of the software. In difference with its direct competitor I think they should improve it.

MU

Marius U.

Design, self-employed

User-friendly interface and the best choice for vector design

I've been using CorelDraw for +10 years now and it's my first choice when it comes to graphic design productivity, I can easily manipulate it to create logos, app icons, business cards for my clients in the shortest amount of time.

Pros

I like the ease with which I can navigate when I'm designing vectors with commands such as zoom in, zoom out and pan, everything with a click and a scroll of my mouse. Another cool feature of this sofware is the layout, everything is well organised, so I manage to finish my work in no time.

Cons

The software is not compatible with Adobe Illustrator when it comes to export the .cdr format files to .ai format files. I have to manually adjust de file format size, the colors hex codes and it's time consuming. Other thing that I don't like, is that I can't open the newer corel files with the older version.

Iqra Z.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best and Professional Graphic Design Software

I am using CorelDRAW since 2009 and I am really satisfied and happy with CorelDRAW. Sometimes I design vectors for my business in CorelDRAW and sometimes I edit my images also in this software. I have created a number of brochures designs in CorelDRAW. All panels and tools are awesome. So the software is really incredible.

Pros

CorelDRAW allows you to design a professional vector illustration. You can edit your photos from scratch to the advanced level in CorelDRAW. The tools are very professional and the interface of the software is really easy to use and understand. You can create professional artwork according to your business requirements.

Cons

As I said, I am using the software since 2009, so I never faced any issue or problem in any version of CorelDRAW. For me, every version of the software is really awesome.

Brooke D.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

Great

CorelDRAW is actually valuable in developing styles for customers. It is a one-stop option for all type of graphic style requirements, that makes it an extremely effective and needs to have software application if you remain in the developing market.

Pros

Whatever is really instinctive, and as soon as you understand the various tools, it enables you to have a really quick workflow. Specifically really effective to deal with vectors, where other programs are slower and more complicated.

Cons

Among the couple of problems I can state about this program remains in recommendation to the gradients, since when it is printed it does not work effectively, as if it had low levels. The filters for photos, since they do not deal with pictures with lots of information, they do not look extremely natural or lose the majority of the information when used.

Samuel T.

Media Production, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Corel Draw was my first love at work.

The average experience is good / great. It is a program that I recommend because it has a balanced mix of balanced features. It is not always possible to do everything you want right away. More with time you learn.

Pros

Well, listing the Corel pros is related to the first months of work I had at the company. It is a program that I liked right away. It has friendly interface, especially for those who are migrating from Paint, or even Word / PowerPoint. The resources compare a lot with the Illustrator, (which at the time I didn't know) The program offers varied resources in graphic creation, character editing, shadow effects and other variations to compose a creation. I see as a positive point in relation to competitors the balanced consumption of VRAM and RAM. And the ability to handle lots of lines and grids.

Cons

To the points that I think Corel should be concerned with I say: Automation of processes, could be more efficient, easier accessible and productive, I particularly waste a lot of time preparing these processes / files. Because corel doesn't have as many programs as your direct competitor, I see that integration with a cloud platform is missing.

MI

Martinus Ignorence G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Coreldraw is the best graphic designing software.

I love CorelDraw, it is not difficult to utilize, saves time and its tools are outstanding. It serves you the best graphic options. It has a ton of formats to look over.Created some T-Shirt brands with it.

Pros

CorelDRAW is a generally excellent graphic design program; it gives various instruments that make it simple to create designs, alter photographs, make logos, and so on.Generally, the point of interaction is very powerful for CorelDRAW's essential assignments, and the customization choices are all magnificent.

Cons

However, there is something odd that irritated me: the console easy routes for normal devices are a peculiar blend of QWERTY keys and capability keys (F1, F2, and so on), which makes for some more slow than ordinary instrument exchanging.

IS

Issam S.

Graphic Design, self-employed

CoreD Rev

CorelDRAW is a great choice for professional graphic designers who need a powerful and versatile program to create logos, brochures, illustrations, and other documents for both print and digital media.

Pros

One of the main advantages of CorelDRAW is the sheer number of features that are available. As a professional graphic designer, I can create artwork to the highest standard with CorelDRAW. The software has a number of powerful tools and features that make it ideal for complex projects, and I can customize my workflow to suit my specific needs. CorelDRAW also has a great support community, with lots of tutorials and other resources available online.

Cons

The software can be slow and laggy when working with complex designs or large files.

MK

Mohamed K.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

logiciel de graphisme

lorsque j'ai besoin de modifier des images vectorielles rapidement, il m'aide beaucoup

Pros

sa facilité d'utilisation, et aussi sa création vectorielle

Cons

la retouche photo, elle ne me permet pas de retoucher mes photos comme bon souhaité

Showing original review in French. See translation

TH

Tajammal H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Best Grahics Designing Software with Easy to Use Tools

I worked for many years on CorelDRAW to design newspapers and ad pages.

Pros

CorelDRAW is mostly used software in world of graphics designing in computer and printing press industry. It is the largest world using software that support approximately all languages including unicode languages. It has a lot of tool sets built in the software to design beautiful graphics. It is also using in the newspapers, magazines and books publishing markets. In Pakistan everyone who want become a designer it should have great skills on CorelDRAW. Now these days there are many free and open source softwares available for designing but CorelDRAW is beating all of them.

Cons

Its more costly according to third world countries, where the users prefer to spend less money on softwares.

nl

nicola l.

Corel Draw

Ottima, ormai sono molti anni che lo uso.

Pros

La praticità Corel Draw e il programma per me più intuitivo per la grafica

Cons

Quando si blocca può essere davvero difficile. Serve spesso riavvio

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

HL

Holger L. W.

Graphic Design, self-employed

CorelDRAW - Wrongly the eternal second

I have been using CorelDRAW almost every day since 1997, parallel to other vector programs. I like the uncomplicated and intuitive way of using it. If things have to be done quickly, CorelDRAW is my first choice, even if the file format to be delivered is different. Even when it comes down to the need for a raster file at the end, I start working on it in CorelDRAW. I mainly use the program to create technical illustrations and infographics with it.

Pros

In addition to the customizable user interface and the almost unlimited application possibilities, I particularly like the various options for importing and exporting files.

Cons

What I don't like so much is color management, as it has gotten better in recent years, but is not yet at the level of the market leader.

VS

Victor S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Es una excelente herramienta

En general no tengo quejas con CorelDRAW. A veces me parece que se olvidan de algunas herramientas por querer meter nuevas ... pero si se propusieran mejorar por ejemplo en CorelDRAW la herramienta Efectos 3D y realmente se pudieran hacer presentaciones de vectores con aspecto 3D seria fabuloso

Pros

La capacidad de importar y exportar para varios programas de diseño. La capacidad de crear para diferentes medios digitales o impresos. Intuitiva potente

Cons

Me gustaría que la ventana Canales de Photopaint tuviera integradas las funcionalidades de cálculos de canales en la misma persiana para hacer separaciones de colores mas avanzadas para serigrafia

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BR

Brian R.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

CorelDRAW is excellent drafting software for novice users

Super user-friendly drafting software!

Pros

Where CorelDRAW excels is in its ease of use. This is no frills drafting software that has a number of embedded features for use across many platforms. Pros include: -easy to use interface -save-able templates -great help desk -ability to import aerial photography -layering

Cons

The one area that CorelDRAW could use some help is in it's ability to create maps with real world measurements. For example: if I set the scale to 1" = 20', it would be nice if I could prompt a command to draw a line that is exactly 20' long. Instead, you have to manually draw the line and then measure to get it the correct length. Also, the layers feature in the Object Manager can be a bit troublesome but once you understand how it works it is okay.

OG

Oscar G.

Design, 1-10 employees

Best vectors software

Yes, in the market you can't find a lot of Design Software for vectors but CorelDraw is an excellent option with a nice price, a lot of features and a complete suite that actually run well on old PCs. Corel Draw offers you a lot of simple shortcuts that allow you work fast (like C, P, L, E) and the node editing options give you the chance to make perfect curves (something really complicated in Illustrator). If you actually work in Illustrator you must give a chance to this software, especially when you are doing branding or flat design, or vector design. I strongly recommend Corel draw only for vector design because (i have to admit this) adobe is a lot better in image, video and photography edition.

Pros

The ability of nodes editing, the simple user interface, the user experience, all the tutorials and online community make this software something amazing.

Cons

you don't have tools like pathfinder, but you will find a way...