CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Software Reviews

Pros

Product is very customizable and it's quite easy to adapt it to your needs. The Multi-Vendor feature-set is great for any kind of public marketplace.

Darko G.

A relatively economical yet powerful solution. Easy to expand the capability through a wide variety of addons available in CS Cart marketplace.

Constandinos S.

The advantage of Cs-Cart unlike some other platforms is that it is easy to add add-ons created by developers and therefore easy to model in our own way.

Cons

Evaluating this software during the demo has been nearly impossible and 100% the reason why is because their support team is THE ABSOLUTE worst I have ever dealt with in my 20 years of working online.

Carl T.

Very very frustrating experience. I was not able to launch the marketplace for more then a year.

Ali H.

The customer support is not always flexible, sometimes you feel a bit lost.

Jimmy A.

Very good eCommerce market software

Overall we are extremely happy with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and would highly recommend it.

Pros

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was very easy to setup and get running quickly. The fact that the software is installed on our own server and there are no limits or extra fees based on users, etc like other online markets makes it easy to justify the upfront costs. There is a lot of flexibility with add-ons and a community of developers behind CS-Cart that allow us to make the marketplace our own. The documentation is also very good allowing for quick answers to our problems. For the couple add-ons that we did need to get developed the process was imple and the rates were reasonable.

Cons

Currently the importing of products is very robust and I feel we have not yet fully understood how this all works, but this is just a matter of us getting through that learning curve. If you have not worked with other platforms that are built in a similar way (this reminds me a lot of presta shop) then it may take you a while to understand the logic of how the site is put together.

Quite happy with CS-Cart Multivendor

I am quite happy with CS-Cart Multi-vendor so far. Obviously, there are things that should be improved but overall it is a software that I would definitely recommend to anyone that wants to start their business properly, without risking unnecessary money/time.

Pros

The support team is very professional, friendly and they usually go straight to the point. Also, one time fee was something that made me go for this software and not others. I like they listen to our needs and try to do they best to implement solutions on the upgrades. The platform works pretty well and it is responsive.

Cons

It is not very user-friendly and sometimes it becomes quite complicated to use. For example, if I want to add a video on a product file, I have to embed it with code as there is not chance to just upload it. My vendors do not really get to used to it as they find it tricky to use so I wish it was much more intuitive. For example, one of the hardest parts to configure is the shipping method for every vendor as this also varies depending on the delivery location. I think it could be overall much more intuitive.

Worst customer support experience in my life! They seem to have very little concern for your needs

The software on the surface works as intended and would be very good if it worked. The main issue is whenever a problem small or big occurred the support response time was so slow. I truly do not understand how they convert clients to paying clients if they show no care in resolving issues with the software and explaining to clients how to resolve problems and misunderstandings.

Pros

On the surface, the software appears to do everything that we wanted. We were 90% sure we were going to pay for this software after evaluating it. We loved how the software was intended to function but the reality of how it functioned was another story.

Cons

Every single time we had an issue and contacted support it took hours to days for them to respond. Many times the responses did not even address the issues. The "support" rep that kept replying to us kept saying they were more on the sales side and that is why they did not understand everything about the software? We were 90% on board and ready to pay to use this software but every time we dove further...

Hello Carl, We're sorry our product disappointed you. We checked your support tickets and looks like our support team replied to all your requests in timethe same day and just one ticket the next day. Looks like there was a misunderstanding: we have two independent teamsthe sales team and the customer care team (tech support). You communicated a lot with our sales team and they don't provide...

When they say out of the box, they mean it!

Ease of use (after a slight learning curve), out of the box features, lifetime license, and excellent customer support makes this worth every penny.

Pros

What I like most: Lifetime license (no monthly payments); excellent and fast customer support; open source (completely customizable).

Cons

A little bit difficult to get the hang of the design aspect. If you're used to using blocks to design, it'll be easier. But if you have no experience like I did, there was definitely a learning curve. But once I got the hang of it, it's easy and efficient!

Everything You Need and More!

Great overall experience. Now that I have control of how the software works I have real confidence in how I can get my products to the greatest number of people, and to help others get their products online for a fraction of the cost of doing it all themselves.

Pros

This software was recommended to me by a website designer. Now that I have worked with the software for a while, I find the software to be very intuitive and easy to use. The best part is that I can do everything myself. I don't have to pay for programming, and I am not paying monthly payments. Between the software functionality and the available add-ons from developers all over the world, there is...

Cons

Since I was new to ecommerce, it took some time to understand how to manipulate the blocks to organize the information on the page. The learning curve is a bit steep at first if you don't have any experience with using blocks. While the user guide is very helpful in explaining the basics, I found that I spent a bunch of time just moving stuff around and more or less learning by trial and error. The 1-3 minute tutorials don't cover enough info to put the puzzle together quickly and effectively. I would recommend a series of tutorials for beginners, such as myself, that takes more time with learning from scratch, with lots of examples how the blocks work and how all the functionality goes together.

Most complete and simple Shopping Cart sofware

I’ve been using CS-Cart for almost 9 years now on multiple websites. It is my go to e-Commerce platform I recommend to anyone needing a simple, but completely customizable online store. It is incredibly easy to set up, and offers so much customizability out of the box that it is easy to make it unique and professional-looking, on a non-recurring cost model. The Multi-Vendor edition of CS-Cart essentially...

Pros

One time fee. You buy it, it’s yours for life. Super easy to customize. A plethora of options. Vendors can customize their storefront. Great forum. People are always willing to help.

Cons

This is only a con for me living in Canada, but because they are overseas, the time difference means a delay in response time for any support issues or general questions. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues!

A great ecommerce software, that grew along with my business.

Pros

It has been almost 2 year since I have started using CS-Cart Multivendor software for my ecommerce marketplace. I have tried almost 20+ php shopping cart scripts available in market. Prior to using cs-cart multivendor, I had spent thousands of dollars in trying out different solution and opensource software. However, After I purchased cs-cart multi-vendor for my website, I am amazed with cs-cart...

Cons

I cannot say cs-cart is perfect in every possible way, the most thing that seem to be lagging in the software is the mobile application. With such an amazing shopping cart software, cs-cart team seem to be overlooking the fact that most of the online shopping happens in mobile applications. I would expect same quality of mobile application bundled with the ca-cart multivendor software so that the entrepreneurs get their arsenal is ready to conquer their dreams.

Premium prices but with a premium service

In general my experience has been a little confusing with a lot of learning, but in general I'm very very happy!

Pros

So much functionality has been built in and they have great videos on youtube to walk you through some of the set up processes. There is a support subscription which is definitely worth getting, as the customer service is amazing, nearly all of my queries are answered and actioned within 24 hours! Finally they can provide you with a solution to just about everything including bespoke development and hosting, which is slightly expensive but still very convenient!

Cons

It can be very confusing when you first start out, on how to use it especially from a design point of view. I would also say that there is so much functionality, and whilst CS Cart have a user guide for market places, I would recommend creating an option to receive a user guide that has the marketplaces own branding and name in it that can be handed off to vendors who are invited to sell on the marketplace. This is because we have had to take a lot of vendor calls and make our own documentation to resolve this. I would also say that purchasing CS Cart is not enough you should be ready to pay the $100 a month for support and anything extra for hosting and development(all of which are definitely worthwhile!).

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor after one year of use

it's been a year since we develop our marketplace for vendors coming from Caribbean area. We are organized aroud 2 environments (Prod and Staging). We make some testing and valiation on staging and deliver on Prod instance. We can thus ask third party partners for integrating on the testing plateform and be confient when we deliver on Prod

Pros

This platform is wery interesting . It come with a built-in maketplace design solution All features ar well organized an integrated. Multiple addons are available for theme and popular platforms like mailchimp, saleforces, etc.. Reglar update and improvement are available for the platform In case an Addons doesn't fit your needs, you can work with dev Team for custom developement. Hosting solution is well optimised Could work easily with third party developer and give them temporary acces to your platform

Cons

When updating plateform, you could need to pay for out of support custom development impacted by update. Integrating own static web site page with own brand design could be tedious Documentaion is in general well done but sometime the screenshot refer to previous design

Multi-Vendor An e-Commerce Must Have

Pros

The software is quite comprehensive and the functionality is A+, very robust. It is flexible, meeting the needs of our organization without being overly complex. There appears to be a lot of thought put into the UX, definitely a leader in the e-Commerce space. We feel the rich features and ease of use has helped us and in turn our website grow and increase reach.

Cons

The dashboard could be a bit daunting, especially if you are not as experienced in the e-Commerce space as others but the overall ease of use outweighs any concerns.

MV Plus Review

Otherwise, it's a pleasure to work with the product description and variations, listing one product in multiple categories is a big plus, provided you are the only vendor on the market. In order to make it fully correspond to its name, purpose and promise, one has to spend at least 500 hours of expert developers work.

Pros

I have migrated from another multi-thousand dollar auction platform to MV Plus because of its dynamic structure, multi-language support - only this paid the price of the transition, as it spared me $3000 for translating the interface into three additional languages, and, finally, the wide developers net producing multiple add-ons and modules for meeting almost all needs. On top of that, the friendly support forums for international and domestic users. Software was easy to install and didn't require additional server modifications and hardening.

Cons

It turned out that the multi-vendor was in fact extended mono-cart software allowing multiple vendors from one only country. It doesn't provide appropriate instruments for accommodating a truly international vendor-base. To list one of the many problems: Destination points (Locations, Shipping zones) are available only for a single vendor use. If shipping zones are created for a vendor from Berlin,...

More than 10 years with this THE BEST CART SOFTWARE

First multivendor shop we made at 2010. It is easy to use, wery well organized, feature-rich, user-friendly and easy customizable cart software for multi-vendor e-commerce business. It was easy to adjust it to Serbian market, language and laws. Our vendors are wery satisfied with tools they have. They can use and manage it fast, with no problems for people that have no experiance with webshops software. You can start e-commerce business with vendors personal fully featured dashboard on CS-Cart Multivendor in just little effort. Simple and the best multivendor cart software for me. You realy get what you payde for. We are very happy so far - please keep with this good work!

Pros

Complete. All we need is here. We are using CS Cart more than 10 years (our first shop started at 2009.) - for all our shops with great pleasure, and found it very easy to make, costumize and maintein. WE DID NOT HAVE ANY SECURITY ISSUE FOR ALL THIS PERIOD. Admin friendly. Everything that we need to make our cart recognisable, different and specialy prepared for each of our costumers is here....

Cons

We have no problems or issues that we can not solve - thanks to Simtech Development :).

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was a major upgrade for my marketplace!

Prior to finding CS-Cart, I had been running my marketplace on a couple of other platforms. I started on Shopify, but the cost became prohibitive. Then I moved to Opencart, which allowed me to control my costs, but the user interface for both the admin and vendors left a lot to be desired in its complexity. I looked through a lot of marketplace platforms, weighing both the cost and the functionality and longevity, and CS-Cart stood out as my best option. I have been running my marketplace on CS-Cart for over a year now and I am so happy with my experience, and I'm not looking to move it off the CS-Cart platform.

Pros

My favorite features about CS-Cart are the ease of design, the many available add-ons, the upgrades, the payment gateways offered and the ease of function. As far as design goes, it is so easy for me to change the home page layout on a regular basis with the use of blocks and the simple drag-and-drop functionality. I use the banners throughout my site, and it's nice to be able to switch them out so...

Cons

There are very few cons in my experience with CS-Cart. One thing is the learning curve is different for the vendors, many of whom are used to selling on Shopify or Etsy, but I have had very few complaints and the majority of my vendors have found our system easy to adapt to. The only other minor issue I have encountered is some of my Paypal Adaptive orders going to Incomplete instead of Paid status, but with CS-Cart's system it's very easy to cross check any incomplete orders with my Paypal sales and change the status to Paid if need be. This may also be an issue with Paypal Adaptive, which has been discontinued in favor of Paypal Marketplace. The latest version of CS- Cart runs Paypal Marketplace, so an upgrade should fix this issue.

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is an Affordable, Feature-rich, and Multilingual eCommerce Platform

Pros

1- Speed: My store achieved a score of 98% on Google Page Speed Insights tool without any third-party solutions. Using only Multivendor, Digitalocean Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting, and few server tweaks that can be found on CS-Cart forums, you can get fast, reliable and secure MultiveVendor store. 2- Easy to Install and Configure: Eventhough I am not a developer, I was able to configure most...

Cons

So far I had no serious issues using Multi-Vendor. However, I would say: 1- Currency sign is not translatable. It is not an issue for currencies that use a unified Sign; such as US Dollar ( Sign is $). Some currencies, especially in my region, has different sign per language. However, I was able to translate it by hiring a developer for 1-hour work. 2- Product Naming should be reconsidered: In...

Great out the box marketplace platform

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised with the depth of functionality that this system has straight out the box. I have launched a fully functional marketplace for personalised products with only a tiny spend on software development. All the functionality I would have wanted is already there straight out the box. The options configurations are quite sophisticated so I was able to set up very complex products...

Cons

When I first started with the system 3 years ago, the user documentation was really bad and consequently took me forever to figure out how things worked. Its almost as though someone just typed up what they saw on a screenshot but did not explain how it actually worked. However, they have obviously put a lot of effort into the documentation since as now when i look something up, its very clearly explained and easy to follow. When logging an issue, although they respond immediately, they typically take 2-3 days to address the issue. However, when they do, its always 100% and I never have had to go back again on the same issue. Additionally, my issues have never been urgent, so 2-3 days has not bothered me.

Solid platform to easily start with a marketplace

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, in my opinion, is mature platform to start with a marketplace within very short timeframe. It has enough features bundled to start your operations, and if you face you are missing something - there are different options to get them without great investments. The most important for me and my clients is that we feel secured: there are always experts around (CS-Cart support or community experts) who are ready to help. I can recommend CS-Cart MV for small- to mid-size business who are looking for a solution to build a marketplace that can operate worldwide, support thousands of products from hundreds of vendors presented in dozen of languages.

Pros

1) User-friendly admin area, that is optimized for mobile/tablet browser - highly valued by vendor admins; 2) Great customization possibilities - almost every aspect can be configured, designed, turned on/off, translated or adjusted via the GUI, no need to involve developer; 3) Large helpful community - if you need to make a larger modification you can find inexpensive developers from different countries, or you can ask people at the forum; 4) Great selection of free and paid addons that allow you for implement your custom business processes, intgrate your shop wil myriads of 3rd-party tools. 5) Advanced SEO features that you get out of the box, preconfigured - so you can get pretty good results without spending extra time and money on additional optimization for search engine rankings.

Cons

A few features that were required for my case (e.g. granular access control for vendors, filters by color, fuzzy search logic) were available only as paid addons, but not out of the box. I would also appreciate more detailed roadmap to be published, so I would know if it make sense to purchase/ask to develop some functionality as an addon, or I shall wait till it become available as built-in feature. Customer support sometimes is overloaded and cannot provide a quick answer.

CS-CART MULTI VENDOR is a great platform for eCommerce, with lots of built in Add-ons and features

It’s the great platform to build eCommerce Multi-Vendor site, with lots of use-full add-ons and customization. CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Software is a great product for Multi-Vendor site as per our experience.

Pros

CS-CART is one of the best CMS (Content Management System) platforms for eCommerce out there, have used it to personally from last 4 year. Some of the best features of CS-CART include : 1) Easy to Install Themes - You can find thousands themes design that suits for your CS-CART site or you can have one developed. 2) Add-ons - Can find lots of use full Add-ons which can make CS-CART Multi-Vendor...

Cons

We didn’t find any big issue about the CS-Cart Multi-Vendor. Need more power full and attractive themes specially for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor.

Best Multi-Vendor Software as per my 4 Years of Usage

Its Awesome!!!!

Pros

There is List of Positive i like in it. 1) Framework Design structure - Cs-cart Team has designed a very flexible framework and internally independent , as a result it becomes easier to develop it to any level. We have created 60 Plugins and running on single platform. When we have so much changes system becomes complicated...but in cs-cart it is not. 2) Easy to start - When we were fresher or a...

Cons

At present - Nothing. As everything is possible. and we can do anything we see in Any system on it without any issue or complications

CS-Cart, A Truly Hidden Gem!

We have been in E-Commerce business (both development and Seller) since 2006. We have some fairly large stores working on Magento for last 6 years. Magento is a well built "Platform" but unfortunately it is far from being an all-in-one E-Commerce package. It HEAVILY relies on add-ons and plug-ins even for some light and simple features. After a while it becomes inevitable for any Magento users that...

Pros

Easy to implement and use Lightning fast, gets A score from any web site speed test out of the box Tons of built in features. You barely need to install any additional add-on. Great support and steady upgrades

Cons

The biggest concern is the lack of well built themes and add-ons for very specific needs. Some tiny detailed features need to improve but developers improve the overall package with each upgrade

Very formidable force in e-commerce

Pros

I really like scalability of CS-Cart. It was not overwhelming for me to use when I started few years ago, and now as we grow, we are still able to utilise its advanced features. Some solutions out there become restrictive after a few years, however, this is not the case for CS-Cart. It just helps business to grow and matures with it. Another important aspect of it is that it just works. It is very agile, robust, secure and intuitive for new members. Cs-Cart team keeps on top of all the latest developments and therefore this solutions is very powerful, even just out of the box. There are a few very good developers who specialise in CS-Cart and very tuned into business aspects. As a result, you get some good add ons that keep this solution on the cutting edge of e-commerce.

Cons

I can not really find anything bad about Cs-Cart. But if I really need to find something, I would say that although creators of CS-Cart listen to feedback from users, sometimes they do not implement functionalities which are on my wish list. However, these could be too specific to my business and therefore, if nobody else asks for them, they do not get implemented. Great thing is that there are developers out there which can supercharge and evolve Cs-Cart for even the most demanding businesses.

Most flexibel solution for setting up a marketplace

Very good und flexible out of the box solution that needs some adaptions but once you figured out everything it works quite well. Definitely a recommendation for any marketplace!

Pros

CS-cart has lots of features and options already built in and many addons to further customize it to your needs. It works stable. The customer support was always supportive (if the problem was explained in detail). And it is the only solution I know to build a marketplace, that is scalable and professional out of the box. We screened many solutions out there. None was comparable to CS-Cart. And it has a fair price.

Cons

The Quality control of third party addons is not really good. So you have to figure out, which third party company is really professional and delivers good addons with good support (like e.g. Alex Branding). The Frontend is not state of the art, so you have to purchase a theme and some addons (like unitheme 2) and will pay some extra-money before finding the right theme and addons that are professional. The...

After 2 years of using CS-Cart MV

Overall its a great experience using CS-Cart MV, I dont have a lot of Vendors, but focusing on a few line of products. Our vendors like it, especially that products can be approved by admin before going live in one click!

Pros

I have been using CS-Cart MV for 3 years now without any issues. It has all the features you can ever imagine if you compare to any Multivendor platform like Amazon..Its fast, changes are applied instantly, product options are amazing. You can also act on behalf of Vendors from the admin Panel and process orders. I dont have the latest update but I have been using my version without bugs whatsoever. I have tried many others platforms, I would say this is the easiest one to use by far. You can also find a lot of 3rd party add-ons and themes at affordable prices. I also like the import/export tool and its responsive on any plattform you are using. Great work from CS-Cart team and developers, keep it up.

Cons

Nothing really, I discovered one bug when adding products with variables options, some work to be done manually, but I am sure this has been resolved in one of the updates I dont have. Another thing is the display of products on mobile, I would like to have 2 products per row by default instead of one.

Review of the CS-Cart marketplace

CS-Cart is great for online shopping. You can quickly create your own store or even a marketplace. The system works quite quickly, there are many tools for working with SEO and design. CS-Cart also has paid support, but it works well and quickly. This platform solves most of the problems with creating, importing, and exporting products. You can flexibly configure all the necessary parameters for your store.

Pros

1. High-quality written code 2. Design and working with templates 3. Convenient work with products 4. SEO-optimization and promotion 5. Integration with online payment and delivery services 6. Regular updates 7. User-friendly admin panel

Cons

1. The checkout process 2. In order to somehow compensate for the lack of functionality, you have to buy addons 3. Quality control of addons on the marketplace 4. Standard caching algorithm 5. Expensive addons 6. There is no integration with fulfillment services 7. No guides for sellers

Nothing can beat it.

Scaling up an e-commerce business is what seems difficult, but CS-Cart Multivendor helps you in this, now anyone can register and sell their products at your website. Easy to use and hassle free accounting makes one easy to scale up their business. It has each and every feature, you can start your business in no time. A great customer support is what one should take care while going with anyone, believe me CS-Cart gives the best and fast customer support and you will never feel like they are helping you remotely. If you want to start your own e-commerce business where you want your seller to have their personal dashboard with full features, CS-Cart Multivendor is the best product. Nothing can beat it. Very satisfying.

Pros

The admin and vendor's panel is very easy to use and that's really matters especially for the first time user. The ease of payment settlement between the vendors is what makes me to fell in love with it. One can easily customize the layout. Inbuilt SEO makes it perfect choice for e-commerce entrepreneurs. Flexibility in setting commission for each category is very important feature which is there in CS-Cart MV. You can create your own promotions. Hassle free accounting, a rich CS-Cart Marketplace and many more amazing features.

Cons

Till now I didn't find anything which I like least. Everything is perfect and amazing.

Hands down the best software we've implemented for multi-vendor platforms!

We started using CS-Cart 6 years ago, and we haven't looked back since. Our buyers and sellers love it, and that's why we love it, because ultimately that's the experience we want our customers to enjoy.

Pros

We picked CS-Cart out of 8 different other software (including Magento) and I have to say it's the best decision we ever made. CS-Cart was so easy to install and configure, and great value for money without compromising on any of the key functionality, quality and reliability we needed. There are plenty of themes and add-ons to choose from as well as great built-in features out of the box - including SEO features which is critical for a high trafficked site like ours. The product is easy to customise and gave us endless possibilities with integrating with other parts of our site, such as community and CRM.

Cons

We're located in Australia, so the one concern we had originally was whether support will be tardy or inefficient, but the team at CS-Cart were always responsive, knowledgeable and go beyond their call of duty to help out. The service was awesome!