Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 3

MW

Monique W.

Ecwid ecommerce storefront review

This site is perfect for every level of business including for beginners who may only be selling a few different items at a time! The site is easy to put together and navigate through. I have tried the free plan and the venture plan. The venture plan is currently $15 a month or $12.50 annually which is way cheaper than sites like Shopify and a better deal than store envy. They also have a market place in the business plan which is $35 unlike Shopify's $30 plan.

Pros

I like that the site has a simple sleep look. I reached out to their customer service via chat and there was no wait time. It is easy to get started and very simple to build your site. The banners are really easy to create through your store editor if you don't feel like creating your own or want to save money.

Cons

I didn't like that the fonts were limited leaving little room for creativity. The sizing of the product images can become difficult to get right if you want a certain look but they do give you different sizing options. I can also become difficult to add you logo to the site depending on your template and the style of your logo.

NP

Nathan P.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Modified to use for rental business

I had been searching for a shopping cart solution that could work with Wix and I was so happy when I discovered Ecwid. I had it set up immediately as everything is very intuitive and flexible enough for my rental business. The integration to Wix was super easy. We do have to utilize Order Desk to help manage orders as Ecwid is limited in its functionality. Many of the pre-built integrations are very nice and offer additional customization.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup my products and integrate into Wix. Works with Authorize.net. Flexible enough to create options for setting up my rental business. Integration with HelpfulCrowd for easy review management.

Cons

Inability to rebill for subscriptions. If this feature was available, it would be perfect.

MS

Mary S.

Publishing, self-employed

Insane value for the price!

I can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.

Pros

So far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.

EC

Edward C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid

So far so good

Pros

You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Cons

Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

CL

Catherine L.

Retail, self-employed

Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator

I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

Pros

That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

Cons

If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because...

SC

Simone C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Fantastic Shopping Cart

When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back! Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the...

Pros

Very clean, intuitive interface.

Cons

Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Uno strumento potente ed economico chi vuole iniziare a vendere sul web

Nella mia piccola impresa lo uso ormai da anni, senza aver avuto mai un problema tecnico, viene sempre aggiornato sia nelle funzionalità che nella sicurezza e offre un ottimo livello di assistenza. Per un paio di anni siamo stati anche partners come sviluppatori di siti web e ti danno una miriadi di strumenti.

Pros

La piattaforma permette in poche ore di pubblicare un sito di ecommerce molto funzionale con un costo di abbonamento abbastanza contenuto, inoltre offre molte possibilità di personalizzazione disponibili anche per utenti entry level.

Cons

Pur disponendo di molte app per espandere le funzionalità molte di queste hanno un costo di abbonamenteo decisamente alto rispetto al prodotto base.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

GP

Graham P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best value going

Smooth easy and flawless with great apps to add on.

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective, these guy's don't clip the ticket on your turnover. there are also a plethora of apps to add on for more functionality to your web page.

Cons

I would change nothing, the workflow of this software is easy and very customizable, with plenty of options.

MP

Mike P.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Ecwid helped us through the holidays

Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Pros

We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Cons

For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

JT

Johan T.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Ecwid have almost all you need

My Company has sold items for some years using Ecwid, and we have 3 subscriptions (stores) running with different content.

Pros

With Ecwid I can use the software everywhere, standalone or on any web site. Its rich customization possibillities and application features makes its very useful and flexible.

Cons

I miss the multilanguage features that some other competitors have on product and category level. It would be nice to have up to six languages (self defined) where one of them should be the default if the end-Customer have a language that is not defined. Multilanguage support in Ecwid is limited to Ecwids labels, and I can't specify additional language on product/category level. Second, I miss the invoice integrated option to one or more Swedish players such as There are API's to program such integration, but it would be easier if it was already pre-built.

LR

Lauri R.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams.

TBA

Pros

Allows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize. The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step...

Cons

Nothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.

BB

Barclay B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The BEST SOFTWARE we’ve ever used

I couldn’t ask for a better platform

Pros

We love the White label Solution Ecwid offers. We were able to develop our own services based on what they offer.

Cons

We would have loved to have the POS app available for Android.

Bev F.

The support/customer service is second to none

ECWID tailored a code for me last year, so I could produce special discounts and this was a good experience not just for me, but more importantly for my customers. I have received many compliments on my store from my regulars.

Pros

It's simple to understand when you start, and then quick and easy to update. Sometimes there's a new technical thing I want to try and when I don't have time, I go on chat. They answer fast and have always been able to help - they know what they're talking about and make me feel valued. Also there's a lot in their app market that's really useful - integration with mail-chimp for instance, is great.

Cons

Nothing really. If I don't understand I go to chat and get help. The only thing would be I wish chat was available at the weekend as that's often when I have the most time to updated my services.

MG

Michelle G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I have been with ECWID for 3 years now and have not one bad thing to say - they ROCK!!!

Makes my online store extremely user-friendly. I am an amateur web designer and managed to get my store up and running in 2 ticks.

Pros

Very easy to use. Lots of extra add-ons to make the customer experience so much more interesting. It makes my website very user-friendly - I get a lot of feedback in that regard. The customer service is like none other I've ever experienced. They have never not been able to sort a problem out and are very prompt with their responses.

Cons

I feel there needs to be an additional plan between venture and business. There is a HUGE jump from 100 products to 2500 products. I have about 300/350 products in my catalogue and cannot afford business plan - so am continuously having to delete and add products so that all 300 get a "turn" on my store.

RR

Ricky R.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Perfect E-commerce Solution For Those On A Budget

Overall my experience with Ecwid has been a favorable one. The software has allowed me to integrate the platform into Wordpress themes and social media pages, giving me a well rounded solution for my e-commerce needs.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it’s perfect for those wanting to setup an online shop but are limited with their budget or currently don’t have the necessary funds to support a month to month plan offered by many other e-commerce solutions.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is the lack of video tutorials and training available to consumers as compared to other major e-commerce platforms.

Walter S.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Ecommerce per tutti

Pros

Ecwid mette a disposizione moltissime tra le migliori funzionalità per la gestione efficace di un Ecommerce.

Cons

Essendo un'applicazione a pagamento, non è sempre semplice trovare software compatibili.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Hope J.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell

My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Pros

all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Cons

Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

AS

Ashley S.

Wholesale, self-employed

It's good but it could be better

Despite the little issues I mentioned, my overall experience has been pretty good using Ecwid.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It's quite simple to setup with your website and would be great for a business just starting out. They have a handy app as well so you can receive order notifications on the go.

Cons

What I like least is their customer service and the fact that there are a lot of helpful features, but you have to pay extra for them. One option that I believe should be free is the instock alert that can be sent to your customers, but it is a monthly subscription app. Their customer service is very friendly, but not always knowledgeable about their software.

Gildas Douglas A.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Site de vente en ligne

Pros

C'est un logiciel qui te permet de créer une boutique de vente en ligneAvec ce logiciel j'atteinds plus vite mes objectifs tu as le monopole du choix avec ce logiciel C'est le meilleur logiciel de e-commerce

Cons

Il y a pas d'inconvénients pour ce logiciel j'ai rien à dire

Showing original review in French. See translation

DW

Drew W.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pros

Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Cons

The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

JP

Jean Paul C.

Retail, self-employed

Une des meilleurs plateformes de création de site pour vendre en ligne

Pros

Je suis extrêmement satisfait de ECWID. Après avoir essayé plusieurs plateformes de création de site pour vendre en ligne, je peux dire sans hésitation que ECWID est la meilleure. Son interface intuitive et conviviale facilite la mise en place d'une boutique en ligne professionnelle en un temps record. De plus, les fonctionnalités avancées offertes par ECWID, telles que la gestion des stocks et le suivi des commandes, sont incomparables. Avec ECWID, j'ai pu atteindre mes objectifs commerciaux plus rapidement et efficacement que jamais auparavant. Je recommande vivement ECWID à tous ceux qui souhaitent créer une boutique en ligne performante et réussie.- Jean Paul

Cons

Un peu limité sur le nombre de produits de la version Venture

Showing original review in French. See translation

MD

Manu D.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Very nice platform for Ecommerce website

Pros

Very easy to use. Many useful features required for running an ecommerce website.

Cons

High charges for custom development for any feature

Fv

Francois v.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Best eCommerce solution

The features it offers are exceptional, their support is fantastic and overall the best solution out there!

Pros

Extremely easy to set up your ecommerce site, user friendly and feature rich! After investigating several other solutions, ecwid is by FAR the best of the best!!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! Compared to other product, I have absolutely nothing that I would say is a con for using this software!

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

THE BEST

I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros

Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons

None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

GS

Gregory S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Ecwid Just Works

I run a restaurant directory site. The billing for the membership is handled through the website. However, there was no way to charge any onboarding fees, extra-advertising fees, etc. I was able to add another page with the Ecwid product. This was a very quick fix that does everything I needed it to do.

Pros

The software "just works." It's super easy to set up. Very easy to integrate with my Stripe account. Changes, additions, subtractions, etc are very intuitive.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about the software. If anything, I was a little annoyed by the email follow-up campaign. Not that there was anything inherently "wrong" with it. It would be very helpful for someone who did not know at all where to start or where to go with the product. All that said, this was not a real issue. I simply unsubscribed from the emails and went on.