Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 4

Hope J.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Ecwid is great for large shopping cart needs

Good to great, I use it every day and am basically happy with it since I can fix/add/remove any item I am selling easily from anywhere. My website integrates with it well, which means my clients can buy items pretty easily via Ecwid.

Pros

I have a lot of items to sell - cookies, bars, pies, cheesecakes - and I can put them all up for sale on Ecwid. I and my staff can put the items online to sell, make changes, add shipping options, etc. Very user friendly.

Cons

I want more options, like shipping costs/prices, to be put in there. Automatic handling fee and the like. I want to get more reports out of their system and have them be downloaded into Quickbooks.

Julian D.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

We help people to use means that benefit them more.

Pros

It seems all right when you hurry into choosing a program.

Cons

A lot. This is information that we can sell.

MF

Mati F.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Ecwid is User Friendly and Looks Very Professional

Ecwid was surprisingly easy to use. Everything is intuitive and self explanatory, and there are lots and lots of tutorials in case you have special needs or you want to do something out of the ordinary. You can customize anything from the color scheme, to bread crumbs, to shipping and handling fees, to displaying different categories of products on different websites. And, the best thing is that it makes the checkout super easy as well, so many of my customers gave me positive feedback when I started using Ecwid. I love using this shopping cart, and I can highly recommend it to anyone with a commercial website.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to modify, positive checkout experience for my customers, very user friendly, looks professional.

Cons

Can't think of any...

JS

Jill S.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Ecwid problems syncing with Clover, praise for customer service and no SEO

The overall quality was given 3 stars because of Ecwid's inability to fully sync with Clover. This was a feature that very much sold me this product so my inventory quantities would be accurate for online ordering. The syncing fails when products are sold out. I have been deleting sold out product on the Clover station and have discovered this does not sync and delete the product from Ecwid. Therefore...

Pros

Easy to use on a daily basis.

Cons

Incomplete syncing with Clover. No SEO ability.

FZ

Francesco Z.

Sports, self-employed

E-commerce ideale per cominciare

Lo ritengo il migliore software con cui abbia gestito il mio e-commerce sia prodotti digitali che beni da vendere on line, il tutto con sistema di fatturazione personalizzato ed inventario.Oltre alle statistiche fornite.

Pros

Immediato, semplice e completo permettendo di creare una Landing Page dello Shop.App integrata per utilizzo dal telefono.Facile da utilizzare con molteplici funzionalità per gestire le vendite e le spedizioni.

Cons

Il software è gratuito fino a dieci prodotti ma con alcuni limiti nelle funzioni,tuttavia può essere l'occasione per iniziare e comprendere.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

SW

Shana W.

Design, self-employed

Completely Positive

It allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web: ECWID store Facebook Also my personal store Integrates with my payment acceptance company allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public

Pros

No issues or glitches Solid Build Store Design Variations Awesome Customer Support Well documented guides to read and learn from Fairly easy to learn and use Continuous Improvement Updates Positive Messages and Blogs Offers a free version Payment Options Avaliable No Contracts Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.

Cons

Themes are Pricey I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations We all want "More for your Money" deals

CW

Chelsea W.

Farming, self-employed

Very Happy with the Experience So Far

My overall experience is greatly positive. It has been perfect for my small business and my limited understanding of e-commerce.

Pros

Its ease of use. I'm very far from being tech savvy, so Ecwid is the perfect system for my small business.

Cons

I can't thinking of much, but I suppose if I have to say something, than it could be that I haven't figured out a good way to integrate my favorite shipping service.

CD

Christel D.

All good things for your Online Shop in one easy to understand place

Peace of mind knowing that all is well and if there is a problem help is literally 2 minutes away.

Pros

Easy to get going and start selling. Then later on there are plenty things that you can customize and tweak. Easy payment gateway setup are also a great thing. Entering products into the catalogue is clear and easy to do. Taxes, shipping and discounts are well organized and easy to find and use. And should you have problems help is IMMEDIATELY available. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes to chat with a person to answer my questions. They will also help you hands on if there is something that you cannot figure out. I have no understanding of anything computers and had my shop up and running within a few hours.

KC

Katherine C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to Use, Affordable E-commerce Option for Small Sellers

Overall my clients who are not "big sellers" have been very satisfied with Ecwid. Sellers who require more robust features may wish to explore additional options. I have never had any problem integrating any credit card processor, and have never had a security issue. I DO NOT, however, recommend Ecwid for selling internationally, as the shipping becomes a nightmare.

Pros

While not as robust as some larger e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Ecwid is easier to use and more affordable for small sellers without an IT department. There are no per-transaction fees and the monthly fees are lower than other 3rd party e-commerce platforms. Sellers can even use it for FREE indefinitely to sell up to 10 items.

Cons

Customizing the look/design requires basic CSS knowledge - so it typically looks less "slick" than Shopify. I have encountered some great Ecwid support reps, as well as a few that are undertrained. Biggest downside is that it is terrible for International Sales. It rejects orders from overseas if the International address is entered in certain formats, which is a real problem.

Dana R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Limited Customization & Design Options

Pros

Ecwid is definitely one of the easiest e-commerce platforms to get started on and learn from. The options they offer in the base package is sufficient for a basic store, either digital items or physical items. They've done a great job with their package options and give you quite a bit of flexibility for a low cost. I really like that you can embed your store into your website, I just wish we had more control of style and final design. I can always tell who has an Ecwid store. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all (of course, unless it's highly customized/developed).

Cons

Customization leaves a lot to be desired. If they allowed more flexibility, I think many more of us would stay, or return.

MC

Mark C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Excellent All Round

I needed to update our online shop - choosing Ecwid is one of the best decisions I've made. It looks fantastic, while easy to use. The support is always friendly and helpful. Additional features and apps are also available to cover every requirement, from online chat boxes, to product reviews. Maintaining and updating the online shop is not only easy to do now, it's an absolute pleasure. The system...

Pros

Professional appearance, ease of use, excellent support, countless features

Cons

Would like to save a bit on the monthly price, but to be fair it is reasonably priced so it wouldn't be fair to complain.

MM

Mitch M.

1-10 employees

Hiding in Shopify's Shadow

Ecwid is a fantastic alternative to Shopify that may not get enough exposure. A fantastic small and quick shopping cart that can easily integrate with your WP site or Facebook (some integrations may require you to be on a higher priced tier on either Ecwid or the target). Ecwid offers something extremely hard to find that should have it a household name, a free tier. While some shopping carts or larger...

Pros

Fantastic introductory features and pricing - Great bunch of features and integration - Integrates with Square - PCI compliant shopping cart for wordpress

Cons

Some integration for what would be free services are only available on higher paid tiers, which is perfectly fair, but is also a bit of a con and there is some confusion as to which tier you need to be on to unlock certain premium add-ons.

MN

Melissa N.

Music, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, good value for the money.

I am using the business version of Ecwid which makes it easy to accept money on my Word Press site. I thought it would be hard to create my own site since my only experience prior to using Ecwid was being on Etsy. It is very user friendly, although there are a few more features I wish they would offer that would make it top notch. The most important being an integrated shipping feature. They do...

Pros

quality for the money

Cons

no ability to print shipping labels while in the program

JT

Joel T.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Thank you Ecwid!

Truly, I have had no bad experiences with Ecwid. Their support, which I havent needed very often at all, has always been great and friendly. Their e-commerce features are exactly what I need to run my business, no complaints! In a word - Fantastic!

Pros

I started my online business with Ecwid. I'm very grateful to Ecwid for allowing me to set up a website free of charge at the beginning, letting us grow to the point where we could actually afford to stand on our own feet and begin paying for such a great service. The way Ecwid is set-up is so user friendly, I'm very pleased with their interface. Whats also amazing is that there are features I haven't even explored yet and cant wait to do so, hopefully soon.

Cons

It's honestly hard to say, perhaps there are some items I don't understand but I will check with Ecwid once I get a chance to. They are always helpful.

RA

Railan A.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Ecwid Review for Small Business

The ease of fulfilling orders is good, but getting through to the support team is poor. And

Pros

The ease of building the site from customizable templates.

Cons

We have had many issues with SEO and SEM and the support team is not clear on what needs to happen to fix it. It is also very difficult to get through to support. You are not able to call in - but have to chat in. This makes it difficult when there is an issue that needs immediately addressed. Additionally when you chat in they don’t always respond immediately. The site also does not change photos to WEBP when uploaded. I have to manually change them prior to publishing.

RS

Ria S.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Ecwid has been a great product for us. Very easy to implement but flexible enough for our needs.

It's very user friendly, easy to integrate with my websites, and flexible enough to meet our store needs.

Pros

I love having one store that integrates into all four of our websites. Ecwid was very simple to integrate with wordpress and I love the features such as shipping calculated by USPS shipping rates, so I don't have to worry about "guessing" on S&H costs for products. I also really love the mobile app - I can ship products and notify the customer real time with their tracking number right away. It also integrated with my PayPal account without any problem.

Cons

No negative comments come to mind at this time. If anything, I would love to see all custom invoices for the Venture plan. But, that's pretty minor!

JL

Joe L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Own 3 Ecwid stores. Good value, a few serious issues.

Ecwid provides a great way to sell both hard and digital goods. I have three stores for various businesses I run. Makes keeping my books and orders really simple, and simple is good. Two issues that affect our business: - No optional Tax-Exempt status for customers who qualify such as NGO or school customers. Ecwid work-around is to "refund" tax amounts back to customers after purchase. - Cannot purchase or manage multiple stores with one account, must have a different username/password for each store.

Pros

Quick and easy product set up and display options. Easy to add the ability for customers to make alternate choices. Quick checkout system. Cool help-desk people that are fairly quick to reply to questions and chat requests.

Cons

Lack of Tax Exempt option. Have to have multiple accounts to manage multiple stores.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Easy e-commerce for your start-up business

Using Ecwid for our business has been a big help. Although we're a small company, we we're able to Ecwid to quickly bring our products online without much fuss. We also transitioned to a paid version to get more out of the service, and so far so good.

Pros

Ecwid gives you everything you need to start selling your items online. I like that they give you an option to put up an actual website if you don't have any presence yet. Facebook integration is very welcome as well in this day and age.

Cons

Once you get the hang of the starter features, it would really do you good to upgrade to a paid plan. It would give you a lot more features to use for your e-commerce website. I wish they'd give you a trial period for the full suite of features.

DS

Derek S.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Pretty straightforward to build a store, with some neat functions for product categories.

A better organised online store, with the ability to present product lines in ways customers would wish to browse for them, via multiple categories.

Pros

Pretty much ready to work, from the word go, with minimal configuration. There are some very neat way to organise products within multiple categories, to cater for different ways customers may browse for them.

Cons

It would occasionally be useful to have 'phone support during UK timezone office hours. It would be extremely useful to be able to display both the net (without VAT) and gross (with VAT) prices for products.

It is so easy to setup and works great.

Having a direct outlet on my website is great, because people that come across my site can easily purchase the products I manufacture.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup on my Wordpress site and have it integrate. I can access the backend from my Wordpress admin panel, and take care of business with ease. Adding new products is a cinch and the system is scalable so it can grow with you as needed.

Cons

I wish Google ranked it better. The SEO aspect is not available for the base store which makes it a bit challenging to grow into the next phase if you aren't getting sales due to customers not finding your store when they search key words that would normally bring up what you are in the business of selling.

NM

Nancy M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Ecwid made me famous :o)

My customers like the checkout routine.

Pros

So easy to use.Any updated product information shows up on my website instantly.

Cons

I can't think of one negative thing.

CF

Carole F.

Education Management, self-employed

An amazing, powerful and affordable online store!

I have been an Ecwid customer for a year now. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am of the product, its ease of use -- both for me and for my customers -- and the friendly customer support. I had some technical issues in the beginning that the patient staff helped me to rectify. My customers love the streamlined process and I do too! That I am able to manage my sales, my unpaid orders and confirm shipping from my phone is a HUGE help. Making e-files available to my customers for automatic download has saved me a minimum of 60 hours of emailing this year alone. Amazing. My business is booming and I credit the ease of the Ecwid system for at least part of the success! :o) Thanks for a great and affordable product! Carole

Pros

ease, portability, streamlined nature, adaptability

Cons

shipping issues... postal code issues...

DR

Deyvid R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Freedom to manage and quick access to change and configure different items.

We are very happy with the results we are achiving with our online store. The main characteristic of the ecwid store is the accessebility to all the orders and specially with all the content and configuration of the store. We would like to sugest that on the Brazilian version of the store it would be very helpfull if the store could be integrated with the government invoice issuer (nota fiscal eletronica).

Pros

How easy it is to sell to different countries, we like how the language changes depending on the country where the person is bying from. Its very easy to manage and to change the configuration of the store.

Cons

The store could have multiple currencies available. The Brazilian version could integrate an online invoice (Nota Fiscal Eletronica). For people selling all over the world it would be good to have not only the multiple currencies but also the payment methods integrated according to the contry.

AY

Andrea Y.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great for small business

I've been using ecwid for a year and a half; it suits my small business needs and I'm happy with the features. Two features I would like to see added are more partnership with shipping services (I use ShippingEasy which integrates well) but not many of the other services integrate with Ecwid so that could be a problem for some people. I also would like to see ecwid offer shipping services for different size boxes - 99% of my shipments are the same size but for the other products I had to get creative to incorporate the shipping costs.

Pros

It's easy to use, and integrates with ShippingEasy for easy shipments.

Cons

It's small compared to shopify which means not all add-ins integrate well. I also would like to see ecwid to allow multiple shipping locations in Canada and USA

KF

Katey F.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Get your business up and running straight away - no more excuses

Ecwid makes it incredibly easy to get your business up and running without anymore excuses that 'you don't know programming'. Even a basic website like mine can start generating money in no time at all. You don't have to pay thousands for a fancy website, when you can install Ecwid on your site and with a few simple touches, customers can know how to buy your products.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. A computer layman can add products and manage stock levels. Great it suits mobile devices as well. Instant update.

Cons

Lack of options for customers to input multiple discount coupons. Small loading time on website. Times out for few customers and they have to reload the order. It is a pain having to switch between headings in order to edit orders.