Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 5

AS

Adrian S.

Excellent product, which has helped me sell my books

Pros

My customers tell me that it's easy to navigate through the online shop. The selections are painless, the shopping cart easy to work with and payment options easy used. Happy customer happy me...

Cons

For me the major differential in cost. The less than 100 products venture service is what I'm using now because I could never get close to the business 2500 product service. Needs to be a practical 250 products business service with all options for a little more than the venture price.

KS

Karen S.

Great Value, User-Friendly

Ecwid has been user-friendly for both my customers and myself. I'm absolutely satisfied with it.

Pros

I love that this was so simple to learn and set up. I had tried working with WordPress but for some reason it was overwhelming. Ecwid's pre-made themes really helped me find a design I was happy with, and then I was able to customize it to suit my business.

Cons

The only complaint I've had is that some things aren't as customizable as I'd like. Things like font size or color in certain areas. Mostly minor details that didn't make much difference; and the one or two things where it actually did make a difference, I was able to contact customer service and they helped create code that made it happen for me.

SD

Shanti D.

E-Learning, self-employed

Ecwid is a FANTASTIC shopping cart.

This amazing shopping cart program is so easy to use; it is so quick to add new products, and very user friendly. It does not take a highly skilled tech person to navigate. I really appreciate the custom choices for each product and the extra care that has been developed in this amazing program. Since we switched to this shopping cart our business has quadrupled! Our products look so appealing and we were able to offer more choices of a similar product to tailor the needs of each customer. Last, but not least, the customer service has been easy to deal with and very responsive. Thank you Ecwid!!

PM

Phoebe M.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

The free trial opened doors to many business opportunities.

Very good experience. It helped me when my online business was beginning out.

Pros

Being able to categorise products in a straight forward way. The website manager allows you to change the layout to your own vision and keeps track of you inventory. For a small business owner this is great as you can keep track of the business in extreme detail.

Cons

For additional add ons you have to have a monthly subscription. However, the cost of this is on par to other online shopping website domains.

MF

Merri F.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Much cheaper than shopify and very simple to operate. It's changed quite a lot over the years.

I'm able to set it up as my website while I sort out my actual website. I like a lot of the features - radial buttons etc It's very easy to use for both me and my customers.

Pros

It's easy to use and makes it simple for the customers to use as well. It's the best thing for small businesses. Thank you.

Cons

To get better and more useful features you have to upgrade. To be expected I guess. ;) At present each time I remember an option that needs updating I have to up date it in every product listed.

ES

Emina S.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Make your business unique

It gained my creativity. It boosted my willing to do more,to make unique staff to present my busines and inspired me for managing my busines to an higher level.

Pros

Everything. The ability to make it unique by choosing plan,photos,adding discount on particular products,all extensions that has on the site. Customer support .Everything

Cons

Missing video on the main page .That would be great advertising tool.Thank you Ecwid

Ben W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good place to start with E-commerce

Pros

It was simple to install on our client's website and was extremely easy for our client to add new items. The interface is pretty good, and the checkout process is simple and straightforward. I would recommend Ecwid to anyone that will only have an online store and is just starting out.

Cons

There were some drawbacks that we ran into with Ecwid. The biggest issue we have is that it doesn't co-exist with a physical store well. Our client that used Ecwid has an e-commerce store and a brick and mortar store. Ecwid could sync the purchased made on the website down to Quickbooks, but there was no way for Quickbooks to push the correct inventory back up to Ecwid. It also required using a separate monthly program to do this syncing. There are also some limitations when it comes to customization. So if you want to have a lot of control over your store, then I would suggest looking elsewhere. But if you want simple, then I think this is a great program.

Emmanuel K.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Meilleur logiciel de commerce

Pros

J'ai été vraiment satisfaite à travers ce logiciel. D'abord très facile à utiliser et c'est le meilleur logiciel électronique de commerce

Cons

J'ai pas assez de problème juste le seule problème que j'ai est que c'est pas une page

Showing original review in French. See translation

KL

Kristen L.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Pros

Ease of use and customization. Easy to set up a retail store. Lots of features

Cons

Don’t like that I have to pay for a lot of extra features that I could use

SD

Shameka D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

THE BEST ecommerce site EVER!!!!

I've been with Ecwid for a few years now even before they had a chat line. There's never been a time they didn't deliver THE BEST customer service and/or knowledge. They have even gone far and beyond their duty assisting me with my website development. They're always patient, eager to getting your solution resolved, follow-up notifications regarding your previous conversation with them, sending new product alerts, etc. I would give them 10 stars if that was an option. Yes, I would recommend Ecwid to anyone 100%!

Pros

EVERYTHING!

Cons

The software seems to be slightly dated

FS

Fernando S.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Exactly what I was looking for: Wonderful Customer Service and a Great looking & Easy to use site!

Online store, Great Customer service, Tools and Tips to help me stay ahead of the rest! And Pretty easy to use:)

Pros

I'm pretty much able to do exactly what I want with my site. If I can't figure it out on my own I simply reach out to an Ecwid Representative via Chat and they always figure it out. One of the main reason I love this software is because it's so well put together. I have looked over many store pages from well known brands to get a feel of what direction I wanted my online store to take. I'm beyond Confident and Pleased with Ecwids well Designed and Professional site.

PR

Paul R.

Music, 1-10 employees

Good Solution for E-Commerce

Easy to do business with the platform, just make sure your configurations are correct and you will be good to go.

Pros

My Ecwid store is embedded on my website. I choose it because it's a good value, and has easy integration with Printful. I wanted to be able to do print-on-demand as I have no desire to stock an inventory. This system works perfectly for my needs.

Cons

When I first started using Ecwid's integration with Printful, I didn't take the time to look at all of the videos, and read the FAQs. This was my mistake, and it caused me unnecessary confusion as my store grew. There is nothing complicated about the process, but you must understand all of the configuration parameters to make it all work correctly.

Anthony S. P.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Best ecommerce engine for the money

I have used it to sell books for 10 years now and I get rave reviews from my customers on how easy it is to checkout.

Pros

I like the features - the Ecwid team is thinking ahead and adds new features that high powered, highly expensive ecommerce apps have. I like the ease of use in setting it up initially and adding additional products. The price is a good value for the money.

Cons

It takes to too long to load on my website.

SF

Seth F.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Diamond with a few rough edges.. and a good value

I have been with ECWID for a number of years and it really works well for my business. It has a wide variety of features that help me serve my customers. There are a few areas that could use improvement, such as upselling in the cart, but what it does, it does well.

Pros

Support is excellent. There are a lot of ways to use the software to promote the product. It has simple plugins for Joomla and Facebook.

Cons

I wish it had ways to upsell during the checkout process (Add xyz for $5). This is a weakness.

SL

Sam L.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great - a couple minor improvement would make it phenomenal!

Overall I love the platform and the ease of use.... The only real challenges I have had is with single products vs the entire store, the cart functionality is clunky. Some customization options on how the check out process works would make is flawless.

Pros

Cost effective, easy to use, customizable

Cons

The cart is clunky, especially when displaying a store & a single product on the same site. The imagery on products is very small, a little awkward for single products, would be nice to have some options here.

Michael F.

Easy to set up and simple to handle. A shop with great features

Pros

You can start in a few minutes to set up an account and your basic shop. Enough features to implement the shop into my or clients sites. At the beginning, you can start with a smaller plan and upgrade every time if your business is growing.

Cons

nothing for the moment, I'm happy. The only thing what I would suggest is easier styling of the shop for clients. It can be done really good if you know CSS, but this is nothing for beginners.

SW

Sandra W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

We have been using Ecwid for over a year. We have the venture plan and it's great if you have between 1-100 items for sale. I would recommend upgrading if you have more than 100 items and/or if you have the same item in multiple sizes. We've been able to successfully troubleshoot our own problems so we haven't needed much customer service assistance. This is one of the most economical e-commerce sites available. Sandra

Pros

It's easy to use on multiple devices: desktop, tablet and mobile phone.

Cons

I don't like that this plan does not allow for an item that may have multiple sizes to be posted in one post with a drop down menu for sizing. Instead, we need to post them item in separate size posts.

Adorie R.

Great Job!

My experience with Equity has been very good and I look forward to using the company for many years to come much less expensive than my Etsy account.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. I would highly recommend it. It was very inexpensive compared to other companies. I called their customer service to find out about a discount they are running and they gave me half off for the year first year. Thanks to ecwid I am able to pay for it with my first couple orders.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons yet. It was at

TL

Teresa L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Ecwid reps are over the top in help.

I'm in shock how helpful Ecwid representative are. They by far surpass any platform I've used online for customer service and I use a lot. Ecwid reps are as much or more helpful even through chat, than other companies are by phone. They have a lot of different things you can do with their e commerce app and they are 100% up to par technically. So if I can't understand an application, they gladly jump in, and teach me how to do it, or they do it. I am gobsmacked at the user friendliness of an APP for people lay in tech. And I'm equally gobsmacked at how educated technically, polite, and generous with their time, that Ecwid reps are.

Pros

Ease of use, even for people that are not tech savvy.

Cons

Hmmm. Can't think of anything.

ZB

Zach B.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Ecwid is a great e-commerce platform for new and growing compaanies

Ecwid is a great e-commerce platform for new and growing companies. Ecwid provides easy to use inventory controls and well as product layout pages. They have support for multiple third-party applications that help with bookkeeping, shipping, search engine optimization, and more. Ecwid doesn't have all the complex and confusions "bells and whistles" of some other e-commerece platforms, but it has made simplified all the must have attributes of a user-friendly e-commerece platform. I would highly recommend this to any small to mid-size business.

KM

Kim M.

Very user friendly and allows multiple employees to easily utilize with minimal training .

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate and made changes. We have over 400 products listed and they are easily managed.

Cons

The inability to properly set up parent skus and the fact that they skus under the parent skus cannot be properly set up to search in the cart. I also wish there were additional tabs on the production description to separate product information such as dimensions or installation instructions.

OM

Oreoluwa M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Review of Ecwid

Generally, it's a very good app and user friendly, I don't regret using it

Pros

I like the fact that Ecwid allows you to set up an E-commerce store easily. The features are top notch and in a day you can have your own store up and running. It's a very good app.

Cons

I feel it could step up and develop a way it can be integrate with websites like Alibaba for direct upload of products

KM

Katalina M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Es super

Pros

Me encanto que su plataforma es demaciado completa y personalizable.

Cons

Su vercion gratuita tiene muchas limitantes y no es de un sistema de codigo abierto.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

LN

Laura N.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Good Beginner Program, Needs Some Standard Updates

We've been using Ecwid for 2 years, and it's been a great introductory program for our online business, due to it's reasonable pricing structure, and migration with our Wix website. Their support team is fairly prompt and helpful. However we had to hire an outside rep to make some customization to our platform, and they reported some difficulty getting information from the Ecwid team. However, there are a few updates that we really need, and should those not happen in the near future, we'll have to migrate over to another provider in the new year.

SS

Sharice S.

Cosmetics, self-employed

ECWID has made it easy for me to make money through my website.

Easy to use shopping cart.

Pros

What I like most is that ECWID is a complete package. They have all of the services that I need to serve my customers and make money through my website. The shopping cart and catalog is nicely displayed and clearly organized. ECWID also has great support staff that responds right away and does their best to help.

Cons

I don't particularly like the font that displays on my product info in my website through the ECWID catalog, but I am not sure if it is because I have not figured out how to change it or if it's just the default font.