Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 6

VS

Venu S.

Easy to set up and easy to use

Time to launch the online store

Pros

It is easy to set up your online store and the UI is good. As a novice web designer, it did not take much time for me to integrate Ecwid to my website and launch the Online store. Also it is quite simple to make changes to the Online Shop.

Cons

The administrator delegation features can be improved. As an administrator, I am not able to delegate functions, such as shipping and closing orders, to another individual. If selected multiple features / functions can be easily delegated to other individuals, it will be good.

ZB

Zach B.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Ecwid is a great e-commerce platform for new and growing compaanies

Ecwid is a great e-commerce platform for new and growing companies. Ecwid provides easy to use inventory controls and well as product layout pages. They have support for multiple third-party applications that help with bookkeeping, shipping, search engine optimization, and more. Ecwid doesn't have all the complex and confusions "bells and whistles" of some other e-commerece platforms, but it has made simplified all the must have attributes of a user-friendly e-commerece platform. I would highly recommend this to any small to mid-size business.

MS

Matt S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to use e-commerce management solution

Ease of use, clear SKU system and the option to modify the basics structure with third party installations.

Pros

Ecwid is an easy to pick up e-commerce system. It provides all the features you would hope for in a web store, with easy to use solutions to most common problems. They have excellent support staff, who are always ready to help. It integrates easily with Paypal, Sagepay, Facebook, eBay and Amazon.

Cons

While the store is easy to set up, to get the best out of it you should probably have some knowledge of HTML and CSS. It can be somewhat inflexible in it's behaviour. Additional functionality can be added, but isn't always easy to manage without repeatedly contacting the helpdesk or third party engineers.

LJ

Linlee J.

Easy to use, looks pretty, keeps making great little changes

Pros

I was able to quickly learn how to use Ecwid with few hiccoughs along the way. The ecwid blogs have been very helpful - our online shop may be small but it has gone from strength to strength

Cons

Can't think of anything now. The only thing that ever went wrong was a random products ecwid plug-in that we tried to put on our website front page - it just never seemed to work but ecwid soon changed it

KS

Kenneth S.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Great to work with easy to use.

Sales of ebooks and hardcopies for my publishing business.

Pros

Set up ease of use, functionality is detailed and great. I found I can integrate it well with my Business elite theme on WordPress easily with great function on desktop and mobile display.

Cons

Some themes on WordPress do not integrate the Ecwid widget well. But customer service will try to make workarounds to install e-commerce onto the theme.

KR

Kelly R.

1-10 employees

Excellent software that lends itself to total customization

For the price, this shopping cart is amazing. What I like about it most are its options. I personally needed a shopping cart button, not a store. And when I noticed I could embed the button right onto my website and then have an awesome looking fully loaded shopping cart pop up for the shopper to see I was sold. You can get rolling really fast and then take some time reading all the help areas they...

GF

Gweh F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Ecwid pour votre site de vente en ligne

Une alternatif pour les particulier et les petites entreprises qui souhaitent se lancer dans le e-commerce

Pros

Générer votre site de vente électronique avec Ecwid, très simple d'utilisation et ne requière pas de formation préalable

Cons

Bien qu'il soit gratuit de base, il faut prévoir des coûts supplémentaires si vous vouliez une utilisation avancée

Showing original review in French. See translation

DP

Deborahe P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The best choice for an on-line store

At our house I have an herbal website and my husband has an Ionic footbath website. I have used ECWID for many years and couldn't be happier. I am not not a computer whiz but the software is so user friendly I easily add products make changes, etc. The Staff at ECWID is wonderful for sending suggestions to grow your business. I researched a lot of software before chosing ECWID and I have not been dissappointed EVER. Dr. Deb www.drdebsherbals.com

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

Haven't found anything I don't like

SO

Sue O.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Great tool

Very good

Pros

It has helped to provide an organized and efficient back end for all my products.

Cons

I would like to be able to adjust the weight of each item in pounds and ounces rather than just ounces as my shipping software accepts the data in that way.

MD

Markus D.

Design, self-employed

Good for starters

Easy to use shop software, also the implementation on the website is done in no time. Overall a good software.

Pros

There is a free plan up to 10 products. Compared to others you do not have to spent a lot of money if you only start with some products to test the market.

Cons

A 360° product player is on their market platform only available for a super expensive price (USD 100 per month)...

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

All-In-One ECommerce-Shop!

Best e-commerce shop. Set up and tutorials done in less than 30 minutes. Everything you need is already on the dashboard. Set up of the email and social media platform is an added bonus for me.

Pros

Setting up the shop is easy, you don't need to be an IT expert. Categories are already set, you pick and choose. Easy to import and export your products. Free customized website, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and mobile set up. Your dashboard will have daily statistics. Follows up on abandoned carts from customers.

Cons

Add more products on the search button.

Maulik v.

Utilities, self-employed

Efficient and Convenient e-commerce solution

Ecwid is best convenient solution for any e-commerce business. They provide so many features, it is not just a store but more than a store. You will get complete e-commerce business solutions. I recommend to use it once.

Pros

The most things I like in Ecwid are, First of all Ecwid pricing is very affordable and reasonable. It is very easy to use and I can do customization as per my design choices.

Cons

The only one thing that I would like to draw attention of Ecwid is, their customer support is bad and late response I got everytime.

JG

Jeremy G.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Easy, Efficient, and Lightning Fast!

About a year we changed our eCommerce cart over to Ecwid... and we LOVE IT! We currently have over 1500 unique products and our catalog is constantly growing! The first daunting task we felt we had to accomplish was to pull in our entire catalog; ecwid make this a breeze! Their (almost) unlimited shopping cart tool chest is well worth the money and time for this excellent shopping cart backend! We love it and plan on staying here for many years to come!

Pros

It takes no time at all to add/ delete products

Cons

Does not update shipping tracking. Does not have an "app" for your site to give either shipping tables to tracking tools for your clients

Richard P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Early Adopter Loves Ecwid

I have been an Ecwid user for over 5 years and currently have two stores and soon will have a third. Ecwid has been very easy to setup and use. The plugins available help extend the built-in functionality. The are a few features that need improvement, specifically importing and exporting that would greatly enhance Ecwid, but overall a great value for the money. By the way, in the last 5 years my stores have had over $500,000 in sales.

Pros

Easy of Use, Cost

Cons

Limited import/export feature

KF

Ken F.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, self-employed

Works fantastic for all my needs.

I am just thrilled with my experience with Ecwid, it was really easy to build my webstore and maintain it. I like how easy it is to add categories and new products. With the online order tracking it makes keeping track of paid, shipped orders. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to open their own store.

Pros

Ease of use is a huge thing as I had never run a webstore before and they really come through on that! Any questions I have had, they have been really quick about getting back to me and helping me fix the problem. You can easily add it to any existing website, or facebook which is a great feature allowing you to sell on many different locations.

Cons

At this moment I can not think of anything as a Con, things have gone pretty smooth for me.

AD

Audrey D.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Easy To Use Shop

We have used ecwid for a few years. It was very easy to download and install on our website. There have been a few features that we wish we had (I.e. Different options for discounts) and a few features that are difficult to figure out (I.e. Shipping options). However, overall we have been very happy. Ecwid integrated with our Facebook and is mobile responsive. Great option for a small business.

Pros

Ease of installation and use

Cons

Limited features (discount options and shipping options)

OE

Olga E.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

Simply the best! Thank you Ecwid.

Pros

I use Ecwid from very beginning of its existence. Always easy to use, pleasant design, the greatest customer support. Very responsive to customers wishes for new features and functions. Love watching the company grow and product becoming better and better. My customers like the shopping experience on my website as well. Thank you very much.

JL

Justin L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great, Lightweight Third-Party Shopping Cart

Made it possible for us to quickly and easily launch ecommerce functionality on our site at a great price point. Very happy with the product!

Pros

The ease of use is definitely its best quality in my mind. If you only have a few products to sell or a lot of products that are fairly simple, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better cart for the price. It's embed functionality is also spot-on.

Cons

My only wish is that their reporting functionality was a little more customizable, and that order spreadsheet exports would include payment processor transaction IDs. It's possible that I've just missed this in the app, but I don't think so. Very minor issue compared to the major advantages of the software.

Kamal A.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Build and manage my store with Ecwid

my experience with Ecwid is very significant. It allows me to build a professional-looking online store, customizable design templates, and integrate with third-party tools. It has a built-in inventory and order management system, making it easy for me to sell on multiple channels.So I can say that I am satisfied with my experience in Ecwid

Pros

provide a user-friendly interface, easy-to-use tools and features, a wide range of customization options, and a variety of integrations with other platforms and services

Cons

the most thing I like with Ecwid is the price that is a little bit high, and I hope for Ecwid sometimes to make coupons or reduce fees for some period of time

Kristine D.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great Store App

Our non-profit uses the store to sell merchandise and tickets to event. the software is very easy to use and set up.

Pros

Very easy to add products and change the catalog. Easy payment set-up and I love the ability to integrate to our website.

Cons

Not a thing. All good. The support team has been fantastic as well. we had a little glitch in the integration and they helped us fix it.

BH

Brent H.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Up & Running within a few minutes

The ECWID service for integrating a standalone shopping cart is absolutely perfect for starting and growing a e-commerce company. The service is 100% reliable and scalable, providing you the confidence to focus on other tasks. Our company www.VitaHound.com started with ECWID 6 years ago and we have never had an issue, nothing, zip, zero, and everyone knows the stress when your site has a problem.

Pros

Scalable Reliable Easy integration

Cons

Limited features

Kayla S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Fantastic E-Commerce Software, Especially for Beginners

10/10 recommend for anyone who hasn't had any experience with e-commerce before. It was easy to set up, without feeling like information was going into an insecure place. It was easy to use, and nothing was ever hidden from me.

Pros

It was incredibly easy to use! I was surprised. The interface made everything transparent and accessible, and I never once questioned the validity of the product. It was easy to implement on my website, was secure, and provided an easy and pleasant transaction for both the customer and my side. I never received any complaints from consumers, and I never had any issues behind the scenes. If there was anything I needed to view, or take care of, it was all right in front of me.

Cons

I honestly can't say I disliked anything, as I never ran into any problems. Maybe down the line, after a lot more use, I will find something that doesn't work for me.

Cynthia G.

I've been using ECWID for my 2 websites since 2014, and it is SO easy to use.

Because it's easy to use, I save a lot of time.

Pros

This is the easiest way to do a website that I've ever used, and I've had a website since 2004. The support team can't be beat!!! I would highly recommend this for users of all levels.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to pull reports for the year for tax purposes. This only gives very limited reports.

Lisa B.

Need a storefront? Easy Peasy!

Pros

Amazingly simple to start up! I was concerned if I bought the lowest package I would get the lowest service but Ecwid has been super responsive. I am so impressed I bumped up my package for 2018 so I could change but current shopping on two of my other websites. My brother has worked at major tech companies and suggested Ecwid. I'm so glad he did!

Cons

I don't have any right now. If you are new to having an online store, you may not know exactly what you need until you get in the thick of things. It was nice to start slow with a smaller package, get some traction, keep analyzing what I needed as I continued to work on creating new products.

Fernando T.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Vende con EcWid

Muy buena experienca, en temas de marketing digital es una buena herramienta administrativa.

Pros

Que se puede integrar con distintas páginas web para llegar al mercado con más canales de venta.

Cons

Talvez un poco el precio de los planes, debería estar atado al volumen de ventas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation