Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 7

NW

Natalie W.

Great Ecommerce Solution

Pros

It is easy to use, with lots of great features and versatility. It's a wonderful solution for both physical and digital products.

Cons

I wish there was a way to directly send the digital products or links to individuals. It would also be nice if the mobile app had a way to re-generate purchase links for when customers accidentally let them expire.

BP

Benjamin P.

Olympic Peninsula Skagit Tactics

I have found Ecwid very easy to use, but with features limited as intended to encourage upgrading to the paid plans. Now we have the premier plan and I still find the "Combinations" option, which we need to manage inventory of items of different sizes and colors, kind of confusing. Every time I remove an option for being out of stock I also am forced to delete the combination because it says there...

JE

Julie E.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Ecwid is perfect to start

I am very happy to work with Ecwid. It is a very good choice to start if you need recurring payments.

Pros

Perfect and simple to start. Can be easily used by beginners. Easy to setup. Great customer support !! Answer arrive in the 48h. Recurring payments natively available on premium plans.

Cons

Lack of themes and the categorization is not optimal for now. No way to make contact page until you are very smart and implement it with Google forms.

JT

Joseph T.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

I've worked with a few other software sales products before and found Ecwid to be outstanding.

As a new starting painter, this software has been successfully getting viewership for my work without a huge expense.

Pros

The company is very responsive to ideas for improving their sites. The idea of involving their customers in the process of improvement is enlightened, to say the least. Their quick response has really impressed me.

Cons

None that I can think of other than noteriety -- I found them only through a verteran site builder (i.e., word-of-mouth. A company this good needs to be better known.

ZB

Zach B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Fast and Easy

Overall very good. I've implemented on at least 3 different sites. What I'm using it for is for simple stores with low inventory. I was not interested in spending a ton of time customizing. I know folks who got fed up using woocommerce (nice to customize but it can be overwhelming and slow down going live).

Pros

I loved that it had it's own wordpress plugin (access everything from wp dashboard) and that it was fast/easy to set up.

Cons

It depends on what you are selling and your inventory, but the free version is very limited (10 products and no way to limit inventory).

DB

Dagmar B.

Research, 11-50 employees

Pros

Easy to use, I was able to connect to a South African Payment Gateway, one of the biggest challenges if selecting a shopping cart software. Quick to add to our website, easy to add new products, add discount codes. the only challenge my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

Cons

The only challenges my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

Mike L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best we've used

We've been with Ecwid for about 5 years now. To experience Ecwid's growth over the years has been great to see. As they grow it helps all of grow. The Ease of use and simple integration is fantastic. We have been so happy with our choice to build our company with Ecwid!

Pros

Ease of use and integration. Many apps available to expand our store.

Cons

Can't think of any, it offers everything we need.

VL

Valerie L.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Very satisfied

Excellent service. Very quick response! When i have questions or problem they are ready to help and try their best! Very easy to use when you are not a pro at website!!!

Pros

Easy to use, wheb you have questions or concern they are happy to help!

Cons

The print order i had problem with it and still to with explorer but they are working on it. Otherwhise everything is very good!

KB

Kevin B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Ecwid ease of use

Pros

Ecwid is very easy to set up and to integrate into wordpress. You can have a store set up with limited items (more items = more time, but is not any more compicated) in a very short time.

Cons

confusing/limited ability to customize the correspondence that goes out to customers following a purchase.

RR

Robert R.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great product for start up Ecommerce

For someone who needs a quick and easy Ecommerce solution, Ecwid is one of the best. From it's simple setup to its easy wordpress implementation you can't go wrong. I would recommend to anyone who needs a quick and cheap ecommerce solution for their startup business.

Pros

Ease of use Easy implementation into wordpress

Cons

The lack of flexibility and the speed at which new features are added

ab

andrew b.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Simply the best

Blows Shopify out of the water. They ability to embed the website into my website (by only copying a chunk of code!) is amazing. I sell only a few products with 300+color combos, and ecwid is able to do it all. Customer service is THE BEST for any service that I use. You call, and they fix or help with anything you need....really, ANYTHING!

Pros

AMAZING Tech support and customer service. Customers stay on my website for the webstore. Amazing features and functionality. I have 300+ product combos and ecwid is the only one that can handle it all!

ED

Elena D.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Overall great software, easy to use and intuitive, no glitches. I especially like the app.

Pros

Overall ease of use and intuitive interface. Easy to add/adjust your product descriptions and prices, easy to see where you orders are, easy to connect with credit card processing platform (I use Stripe), easy to adjust shipping rates. I especially like the app. You can print packing slip from the app, see which orders have not been shipped yet, mark them as shipped and it syncs well with the desktop version.

Cons

It seems like it takes a while to load the product page on the website which is connected to Ecwid. No integration with USPS to print a label, no option to send abandoned cart reminders.

Hi Elena, Thanks for the review! We do have a couple apps that can print live USPS labels so check those out in our apps section. And we just released a feature update to send abandoned cart reminders so looks like you can use that right away. Best, Jesse

PW

Phil W.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Great software at an affordable price

I started using Ecwid in 2012 when I was starting a webstore for my business. I've never built a website before and was able to figure out how get Ecwid integrated with my site with minimal effort. I've done over $250k of business through the website over the last 4 years, all with a minimal investment.

Pros

Easy to set up, integrate and use on a daily basis. It is pretty affordable given the features.

Cons

I wish there were more options for promotional coupons, specifically restricting free shipping codes to specific regions/countries or zones.

AB

Adrianna B.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Great Value with Any Plan

I really love ecwid. Occasionally I'll look for other products just to see if I'm missing out on anything innovative but nothing ever out ranks ecwid. You get what you need to be successful even with the free plan. I love the apps and the fact that they are constantly adding more. I love all the features especially the ability to customize the smallest details. Support always responds quick and is extremely detailed and helpful. Also, they are very friendly and approachable which is awesome. Overall I'm more than satisfied with my experience. Ecwid has EVERYTHING I need even before I know I need it. Even the blog post are beneficial and detailed so I actually look at them versus other emails I just trash immediately. Ecwid is the bomb dot com.

Pros

Apps, customizing the store details, support, the ability to customize even the smallest details like how prices appear.

Cons

Inability to change social icons. Site preview on devices shows the original starter cart with the surfer dude.

JB

Jamieal B.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Ecwid review

Pros

Features for software is great has an easy to use integrations when set up and promoting your store or business using this is great lots of ways to get your business out

Cons

What could be great on this software is that they could atleast give users with no money access to have atleast a free trial in promoting to facebook or instagram instead of being premium to do so that would be great on software....

LP

Luis P.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

A fit for almost any retail industry.

I used Ecwid to sell events online for my paint and sip classes. We always get compliments on how easy the service is to use and we love how easy it is to customize.

Pros

Love the ease of use. I LOVE the app that allows me to check inventory levels and sales.

Cons

I would live the ability to see thumbnails in list view on the phone version and it would be perfect because I need my events listed in a particular order but I loose the ability to see the images which are what sells my paint class events.

HS

Holly S R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Easiest to set up

It's seamless and easy to monitor, ship, and keep track of inventory.

Pros

I tried several different shopping carts and they were a nightmare to set up. That's what made me settle on Ecwid and stay with them.

Cons

Easier than the others to set up but still a slight learning curve.

KO

Kevin O.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

A simple way to start selling online

Ecwid is a great way to develop your eCommerce business, with many features included in the free version to get you started.

Pros

Ecwid is an intuitive system for getting started and developing your eCommerce business. I integrated it with my Wordpress website in under an hour without any hitches.

Cons

Using Ecwid as a standalone online store looks to be more difficult to set up than integrating it with my existing website.

BB

Belinda B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

BEST EXPERIENCE .. BEST SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE OUT THERE

My customers are able to purchase seamlessly and with ease. Its easy to edit and design the site to my personal taste..

Pros

1-Ease and Functionality 2-Stellar Customer Service 3- Always innovating : I have been using ECWID for BOTH of my businesses for the past 4 yrs..and I LOVE how seamless it is

EC

ERIKA C.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

no era lo que esperaba

Pros

es muy facil de rellenar y todo, pero creo que yo entendi mal al leer el anuncio, pense que era un espacio para direccionar clientes a mi tienda, y no es asi, en si lo veo que es para crear tu tienda y ahi queda y tu mismo impulsarla, pero eso lo hacia gratis y en facebook, por mi experiencia no lo recomiendo

Cons

tiene un sofware facil de rellenar, pero no es lo que buscaba

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Alexander R.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Easy to Install

My experience with Ecwid was Excellent. Never had issues with their apps. Highly recommended software.

Pros

I like the most about this apps is the easyness to install and update. It is available from the admin site dashboard. I also never had problems during my regular updates of my site. No bugs and it work as it supposed to. Great apps.

Cons

I love all the features included in the apps. They’re all useful to my website.

PL

Peter L.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

East to Use e-commerce solution

Ecwid is a great e-commerce solution for small business owners who wish to focus on selling their products, not troubleshooting IT. It is one of the easiest e-commerce platform to set up. Highly recommended for beginners.

Pros

Easy to Use, can sell on your own site quickly.

Cons

Lacking some newer functions found in Shopify or Magento.

JH

Joni H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

My Boss is Happy :-)

I've wanted to offer our products online for over a year - and now that our building is closed to foot traffic (due to COVID), an online presence was an absolute necessity. Ecwid provided a fast, and efficient way for me to offer this to our members. So far sales and processing have gone smoothly. My boss is very happy!

Pros

I researched to find an ecommerce program that would integrate with both our current website provider (Wix) and our payment system (Clover). I found Ecwid through our payment system and was pleased that Ecwid worked with both Clover and Wix!! I found the set-up easy and user friendly. I remember having to reach out to the live chat support once and my question was answered and resolved quickly.

Cons

The only thing I found that Ecwid has not offered is including product variation information when exporting inventory. From what I understand, however, that particular feature is in development.

Matt M.

I'm an early adopter of ECWID and it's stable and easy to use.

ease of use and stability

Pros

Stable, easy to use, mobile friendly, Facebook shopping cart, free responsive starter website and integration with Shipstation.

Cons

Lack of customization and the inability to show all variation products in search results like Amazon.

CS

Cindy S.

Retail,

Excellent Business tool

I wasn't sure what to use over three years ago that would support my need to have a small store with the ability to expand as needed. Ecwid is the product that has made the difference for me. With the tools and help my little store has mad enough money to put my kid through college. If I can do it so can you!!

Pros

Short and easy to enter.