Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews - Page 8

CS

Cindy S.

Retail,

Excellent Business tool

I wasn't sure what to use over three years ago that would support my need to have a small store with the ability to expand as needed. Ecwid is the product that has made the difference for me. With the tools and help my little store has mad enough money to put my kid through college. If I can do it so can you!!

Pros

Short and easy to enter.

DC

Dave C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

E Commerce made simple

I have been able to create a very robust e-commerce website through Adobe Muse. Ecwid was straightforward simple to plug in and get working with the site. I miss some search and sort features when creating sales reports, but have a feeling that those might be available with some of the higher priced tiers. Ecwid is a great value.

Pros

Drag and drop simplicity for someone with no experience with e commerce previously.

Cons

I would like more ability to sort through sales in order to create sales reports

Khalid A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

HAPPY customers means ECWID in action

problems it solved in my business: taking my offline business to online bypassed the difficulty of ecommerce website setup solved online payment difficulty solved order and inventory management

Pros

impactful features of app: - flexible subscription plans as per needs of businesses - excellent customer support - easy postage -regular updates to customer ease of use -compatible with clover, wix and wordpress -image uploading feature i experienced superb integration with existing offline business

Cons

missing features in the app: -recurring bill processing -limited order managing ability -costly to customise the ecommerce features -lacks global support in features like shipping very limited store design templates aspect difficult to use: -very hard to update url of my store - difficult to add product variation while inventory export its integration with existing business was seamless

LG

Lindy G.

Farming, 11-50 employees

So easy to use, So cleverly integrated.

Ecwid is a wonderful shopping cart. Easy to use, easy to install and easy to customize. The support offered is world class, night and day there is someone online to help. I use it on three websites and I wouldn't change it for anything. Great job ECWID team!

Pros

Customizing is easy

Cons

Price for us in South Africa is quite high

DM

David M.

Fishery, 11-50 employees

Great Service with Great Customer Service!

Everything about Ecwid is great! We were amazed how great you guys really were when your home base crew flew in from Russia! This happened not only once but twice! We really appreciate everything Ecwid has done for us!

Pros

the ease of use and all the features!

Cons

Missing some key features such as out of stock notifications!

Matthew F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great to build on

It has been good. It doesn't have every function I need but I'm confident in time I'll be able to acquire it on my own or through Ecwid's own development.

Pros

This platform or sub-platform has served us very well. It is easy to build off of regardless of the program or platform you are using. You can start for free and scale with ease.

Cons

I don't like addons as a general rule. I say if you are going to include it then include it but don't nickle and dime me for every little thing I may need. I know this is a good way for companies to capitalize on revenue but I'm not a fan.

Kim Hwee S.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

I used ecwid to rent out curated flea market booths

Love this because it saved me lots of time to administrate my sales. And I don't need to make a heavy investment to get someone to build a customised solution.

Pros

Ability to upload images in their product options

Cons

Lack of reminder emails for unpaid orders or invoices

SF

Scott F.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Does the job

Reasonably intuitive and easy to use, but withholds some of the most basic functions like order editing for the most expensive of accounts when it should be available to all. If you only need the basics or are prepared to pay top dollar then it does the job.

Pros

Cons

Withholds basic functions like order editing

KL

Kerin L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great starter program!

I think the shipping options could be set up better but overall a great program especially for those just starting out. I recommend it to those I know wanting to try out selling online.

Pros

Easy to use, free version available, subdomain and mobile options available.

Cons

Shipping setup could be better.

LP

Laura P.

Retail, self-employed

Great for a small business

Ecwid has grown with us during the start up of our online boutique. This is a great storefront for a new business on a limited budget.

Pros

Very easy to load new products to store.

Cons

The search options need to be more broad - not a specific match. Lack of live customer service in the past.

SS

Stephen S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Ecwid is a quick way to transform a basic website into an ecommerce store

Ecwid offers both free and paid plans making it a very affordable way to open an e-commerce store. It also offers plugins for the two most popular content management systems, WordPress and Joomla, which make it easy for website owners to start an online business. I have used Ecwid for several projects, most recently to help a candle store sell its products online.

Pros

Ecwid is a SAAS (Software As A Service) platform that makes it easy to transform a regular website, including those using CMS's like WordPress and Joomla, into an e-commerce store. Ecwid provides the e-commerce backend. To start selling, just add an HTML code snippet to an existing website page.

Cons

Ecwid is an e-commerce backend that connects to an existing website. Because the store is on two different websites, some people suspect that there will be problems, but I have never encountered any.

SW

Sonali W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Free app made to suit all purposes!

Pros

This is the app I use to sell my services online to others & it is very useful. The most I like about is that it enables to embed their store to our own website. This is a very good feature where nobody else has. Also, it is totally free!

Cons

The limitation of 10 products for the free version is kinda annoying. I will have to delete some products to create new products.

JP

Jim P.

Multi line Shipping Calculator

I got on with Ecwid early. At the time it was the only shopping cart that had so much flexibility for shipping. In my shop some one can buy 2 items or 2002 items and i need to be able to set for everything in between. Easy to use, good value.

Pros

Shipping flexibility

Cons

Customers Cant copy item urls.

KL

Kerrie L.

Ecwid is a great tool

Ecwid has been relatively easy to use. We use it as single widgets instead of the store as it is designed. The Ecwid team helped us set it up correctly, fixed random issues we would have, and evaluated it to make sure we were getting the best use out of their product. I have appreciated what Ecwid offers.

AH

April H.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Love Ecwid!

I had to rush to build my own e-commerce site as I was planning to terminate a relationship with my previous web designer who had taken over a year (at $1000+ a month) to build our e-commerce site and had made no significant progress. I basically had a weekend to find a platform and get it setup. I found this because it worked with my merchant services so I wouldn't need a separate account for our in store transactions. I have it through Wix so I'm missing a few features that are available on the stand alone Ecwid platform. It still works really well for us, and we've been able to capture a lot of sales we have missed previously!

Pros

Cons

Limited features like shipping options.

TH

Tony H.

Best Shopping Cart for Customer Experience

This is the best shopping cart I use from the customer experience point of view. My stores with this cart require the least amount of technical support, which means the user interface is fast, clean, and easy to figure out without support. Ecwid customer support is excellent and always available.

NN

Niranjan N.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Can't get better than this!!

It's the best shopping cart software available. I love the ease with which any layman can manage his/her shop. The regular improments and feature additions makes it one of the best in the market. Love the support team. They are ALWAYS eager to help.

Pros

Ease of use. Adaptability.

Cons

None.

RD

Ruth D.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Very handy website shop!

I run a gymnastics club and I use Ecwid on my website to enable parents to sign up and pay for classes & holiday camp sessions, to pay for competitions and buy badges & kit. I've had the shop up & running about 4 years now and it is fantastic! Simple to use & maintain even if you are not great with computers (like me!) it has really reduced my admin workload and simplified my payment system. Thank you Ecwid!

Pros

Very simple to use & easy to update and maintain shop

Cons

I would like to be able to set things up to send specific emails to customers who have bought specific products rather than just the general email but apparently this is not possible on the current system.

JM

Jennifer M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Love this site!

Ecwid has been easy to use and just great for our company. It has everything I need to keep track of orders and customer service is right at your finger tips.

Pros

easy to use, price

Cons

UPS tracking does not automatically go into the system. No shipping labels fromt he site

IM

Ivan Michael P.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Ecwid is fast and easy!

It has been a great journey to use Ecwid since our set up. The system is easy to manage and fast on operation and respond.

Pros

Easy to use and dynamic to expand.

Cons

Don't really like the lay out. Do enjoy Paypal new out lay. Easier on the eyes when searching.

CA

Chelsea A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness,

I recommend Ecwid to everyone starting a new business

I started using Ecwid 4 years ago and have been very pleased. It's extremely easy to use and I can customize it to fit my website.

Pros

Ease of use, customizable

Cons

I would like an option to round up to the next dollar for charity. And I would like it to load faster.

RJ

Ryan J.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Great System

Ecwid has been great from the inception of our online store through today. The tools provided are easy to use and the overall design of back-end processes to the actual store front are great. If there are ever problems (rarely, but, things happen), Ecwid technical support are very responsive and knowledgeable and will get you going in the right direction quickly.

Pros

I like the simplicity of back-end functions as well as Ecwid technical support. These two aspects combined make this software very user friendly.

Cons

I feel that the financial reporting could be better as well as synchronization with other platforms.

RC

Ryan C.

Retail, self-employed

Product is ok but slow sometimes

My customers complain that the store is often slow and cumbersome to navigate. We have also noticed it loading excessively from time to time. I feel the price is a bit high per year on the full blown product. Especially in a business with only 30%markup. I don't like that I pay for the full version and then also have to pay for add ons to get everything I need.

Pros

Easy back end. Easy to manage sales and inventory

Cons

Often slow Cost prohibited for small business

MV

Manideep V.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Ecwid Review

Pros

Ecwid is great software for small businesses and solo entrepreneurs who are starting their businesses. It provides a ton of features and offers a free business site to sell your products. To avail some features you need to buy their plan but that's inexpensive too.

Cons

Although it's great for beginners, it may not be best for big businesses who are looking for a lot customisation. As the features may not be adequate for big businesses

GP

Guy P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Much Improved

Pros

Fairly simple to use, lots of customisation options, good customer support. In my experience customer support is vital for confidence in a product or system, and I have found that in general the support that Ecwid provides is really helpful and fast.

Cons

Initially placing large numbers of products on the site was time consuming. But much worse was trying to rearrange your products. The process was hideously slow and clunky. To Ecwid's credit, the whole process has been improved out of sight. I now have very little to complain about.