MarketDirect StoreFront Logo

MarketDirect StoreFront

eCommerce & web-to-print solution for digital workflows

MarketDirect StoreFront Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.06/10

Reviews by rating

My overall experience with the software has been a good one, thank goodness. It has kept us up to date with new technology and has increased sales within the business.
Comprehensive operator view. Have had a great Professional Services Consultant that has help train me and given direction to achieve our goals for web-to-print and integration.
We have the backing of a powerful team and that makes me feel very comfortable. Again the user experience is so easy to navigate that up selling and selling to market segments never has been so easy.
I nearly lost a client because I didn't have access to immediate technical information to get their Store Front to perform correctly.
I'll be switching over to another company at this point and reteaching how jobs are to be submitted to our shop.
So if we decide to update pricing in one system, we have to update it in multiple places which causes more work and more potential for errors.

LM

Larry M.

Printing, 1,001-5,000 employees

10 year user of ever improving MSDSF

very good

Pros

Allows user and company admin access and ever improving back end with great customer support.

Cons

Nothing right now.

SS

Shane S.

EFI Market Direct Store Front Review

Does the job, just wish it was less complex & time consuming to set up and the software ran quicker so I don't spend so long waiting on screen redraws.

Pros

Loads of functionality, looks good to end users when set up properly. Lots of new features on the horizon. Relatively easy to go through the ordering process for end users.

Cons

Complex and time consuming to set up. Missing some features that competitor software has had for years. Inability to turn some features off which detracts from the overall user experience. Can be glitchy at times. Compared to what we were using it can be sluggish in performance. Takes way too long to get suggested improvements developed and into the software. Would be really handy to have two way communication with our estimating system (Printsmith Vision)

MC

Mike C.

Support is the worst

When ever you have a problem there is no need to hurry and look at your problem. If you loose a client because it takes 3 weeks to fix a problem they don't seem to care. I have a problem ticket still open from June of this year. (6 months)

Pros

Lots of features and great security, Our 2 biggest accounts are Universities.

Cons

You need to be good a coding and HTML so you can customize your pages.

RB

Rex B.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Educational Printing and Partner Printing

Overall has been a great asset to our organization.

Pros

This resolved a deficiency in our order management and billing and revamped how we control job flow to individual printers as well as divisions. Also assist is our supply orders for a large multi location campus. Also centralized most of our functions into one location

Cons

Original trainers did not stay with company very long and also had a tendency to do things themselves instead of training us how to do, so we ended up needing to contact service or train ourselves to figure out what they did. Site is customizable but needs a someone who understands causality of why each section works with the other for system to work. Accounting system could use work. Though you can customize report content there is need to still rework the reports after being run to meet comptrollers requirements.

GK

Ganesh K.

Dynamic Views

Its a great value added system for printing company, I've been using Market Direct for 5 years and its really help in the digital printing environment. Less touching point and save a lot of time with Fiery integration

Pros

The dynamic preview before buying a print product, Client love to see how the customize product look like before ordering.

Cons

Lack of reporting and doesn't integrate with Australian shipping companies and can't connect to external DAM

DR

Don R.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

digital storefront not updating...

i have had terrible luck trying to get my site updated and have finally given up. this is the second time i have come to this point and the last time it cost me $8,000 for professional services, on top of the yearly maintenance. i'll be switching over to another company at this point and reteaching how jobs are to be submitted to our shop.

Pros

i have been using this software since August 8, 2008 in a fully operational JDF workflow that is the envy of every print shop that's visited. Digital Storefront and our JDF workflow made it possible for our very small shop to output a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT of small jobs very efficiently for both our customers and my staff.

Cons

buggy updates while updating our self hosted site.

RE

ROBERT E.

MDSF REview

I've had a smaller learning curve than most who would take this website platform on because of my web background... I would imagine this would be a very difficult platform to learn without intense training or vast experience. But, the platform is very robust and offers a ton of cool features for the printing industry, so i say A- overall.

Pros

How seamless the backend and front end integrate between smart canvas products and the Categories. Lots of options for usage and sale of different products. I also like the admin control and the user based permissions. I was able to get a new client storefront up and products ready in just a day or so. The client was very pleased.

Cons

Yes, we've had lots of trouble with the Monarch integration, and our accounting dept. is not pleased with reports tools or how credit card systems are sometimes buggy.

CV

Crystal V.

Printing, 1,001-5,000 employees

StoreFront is Great for Internal Print Shop

It took us a LONG TIME to get the StoreFront set up for our print shop. This is mostly because we couldn't fully focus on the building and deployment of the software, it was just another duty on our lists of things to do. We have now moved our billing to be fulling connected to the StoreFront, which has cut down on time for processing billing monthly and it has made ordering easier for our customers. We eliminated paper work orders.

Pros

The software is very customizable in regards to images and building your products.

Cons

There are too many updates in between full release updates. This makes it difficult to keep up with. This also causes some admin features to be hidden and difficult to find.

EF

Elizabeth F.

Graphic Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Implementation During a Pandemic

We haven't had MDSF for very long but it is helping our unit streamline job orders and keep track of all incoming orders. It has also made the process easier for our customers to place and track orders.

Pros

I like how easily I can edit the site and how much I can edit. I've used services in the past where the company had full control over the ordering site and we had to call them every time we wanted to update or change anything and it really didn't work out for us.

Cons

I don't like that Market Direct Store Front and Print Smith Vision are very different from each other but expected to work together. It would be nice if MDSF was redesigned to match PSV better or at least integrate better. I felt like after setting up PSV I spent hours setting up the same stuff in MDSF. Very few things translate from PSV to MDSF.

CB

Courtney B.

Interprint MDSF Review

Overall my experience with the storefront has been fantastic - Easy to use and (once set up correctly) integration to our MIS is smooth - we are still in the process of developing and realising the full potential of the storefront, with each element we get right it makes processing orders much easier. We set up different storefronts and brand them for specific customers, who really appreciate how easy the interface works and it looks great too.

Pros

This software is fantastic for streamlining the order process for our clients, and processing orders that would usually take someone a long time to manually process! The back end functionality is simple to use and set up too.

Cons

Personally when the storefront kicks back a technical issue I find it difficult to get the support with fixing it swiftly. Sometimes it takes a few days for the support team to get onto it. It would be great to have an easier, more direct contact with technical support for the issues that disrupt the use of the storefront.

KG

Kayleigh G.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Web-to-print simplified!

Pros

As a print professional, EFI has always been my go-to software because it is such a swift and easy process from imposition to print. The templates are extremely helpful for those who need them and the store front makes a business look professional and put together. Overall very attractive and user friendly.

Cons

A little difficult to navigate when there is a technical issue and customer service is not always efficient in fixing the issues in a timely manner. Although, they are all extremely helpful and kind otherwise!

RS

Rick S.

MarketDirect StoreFront Rocks

As a former user of Printsmith site.. EFI/DSF has made a great product. Its simple to use and administer, Customers have grown to like it better that Printsmith site. I have about 40 customers on new Market direct StoreFront and about 200 Products.. and every one was custom designed .

Pros

StoreFront get better with every update.. My clients love its ease of use. Very user friendly..

Cons

Stacked Variables do not with in Direct Smile VDP. I can make it work with scripts, but those who do not know how to write scripts it can be tedious task to do stacked variables..

PM

Pamela M.

EFI Storefront

Pros

Our customers find this software so easy to use it requires almost no training on our end. It's a powerful order fulfillment system when it comes to utilizing Kit builds to consume inventory. The Customer Service has also been wonderful! My EFI support team has been a real pleasure to work with!

Cons

Occasionally there are things I'd like to duplicate in an easier way, but for the most part, it surpasses our customers needs.

TA

Theresa A.

Efi review

I've been very happy with this system, it does take a lot of time to get it set up and I'm always updating and still tweaking things. I feel like there is many more options that I could use and need to learn.

Pros

I like the pricing component, it makes it very easy for the user to choose different options based on price.

Cons

some of the layout options do not transfer correctly through our Ricoh system. So it takes more time to process the order than just transferring the file.

CB

Chris B.

Printing, 11-50 employees

MarketDirect StoreFront is a solid platform for selling print and fulfillment

As we see more and more apparel sites, storefront has been able to fill that need. Storefront has been the answer for most of our fulfillment customers and it sure streamlines business cards.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It makes managing multiple storefronts easy. The templates for storefronts are a great place to start. It fits most of our customers needs. It integrates well with our MIS system, PACE.

Cons

Help is not always easy to navigate and search.

LA

Lindsay A.

Printing, 11-50 employees

eComm from the dark ages

While it has served us well over the years, it has not evolved at all and the support is getting worse every year.

Pros

Component calculator is the the most representative of how print works in our industry.

Cons

Awful administration page. Very difficult to master. You only need to look at other modern interfaces like 'OnPrintShop' or 'Design n Buy' to see that DSF is dated and lacks modern features.

SM

Stew M.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Healthcare Storefront

I have worked with this software for over 14 years and have only positive things to say about it.

Pros

It was easy to learn the basic functionality of the software. We also liked how easy it was to deploy the software to a large healthcare system.

Cons

The Fusion Pro software was not easy to learn.

AY

Alina Y.

Used other for 2+ years

MDSF Review

It had its ups and downs, however the experiences with bugs and issues brought up with customer service, sales reps, and other reps made the experience bad because they were not willing to be responsible for their own products, and was consistently not helpful and was rude on top of it all.

Pros

The SmartCanvas software was pretty decent, offered switches that worked like if statements which was much better than Design Studio.

Cons

Every step is manual, as a result there is a lot of repetition, doing the same basic steps every single time. There are also quite a few bugs in the software, even the simple ones were open cases for months to years, and was not fixed even on the updates. Then the updates brought more bugs.. was unprofessional.

SC

Scott C.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

DPS Review

I am pleased overall no major issues.

Pros

The ease of customization coming in after the initial implementation I found it easy to learn how to customize the software for our use.

Cons

Problem connecting to Printsmith, and talking between programs.

SS

Steven S.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very customisable and easily tailored

We have implemented a solid web to print offering and have had support from the outset.

Pros

The system was easy to set up . No hidden options - everything is where you would expect. Changes to the site are easy to make

Cons

Nothing. The software works as expected and does everything we wanted it to do. If you want me to come up with something - the name seems to confuse some people, they call it DFS (sofas?).

DB

Delaney B.

EFI MDSF Review

Pros

I like the functionality and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I think some features are outdated and needs to be updated. It does seem like they are moving in that direction though.

MR

Michael R.

EFI Fiery

Pros

the functionality and ease of operation makes the fiery rip operate smoothly

Cons

Haven't found anything yet, except maybe it does not intergrate with other devises

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Digital Storefront - Excellent product

Pros

One of the best features of DSF is the way it scales for small and large customers. The system is easy to manage and handles print and kitting better than other storefront software. The Job tickets and files set up allow for automation through any type of system.

Cons

The inability to route a product to a specific plant or printer. The routing is currently user location based. Also, the inability to connect with other systems for two-way communication. Currently, we can only send information one way.

SU

Shannon U.

DSF Review

long implementation process with more customization to go, but feel there will be good value overall

Pros

access to more customers, easy for customers to use

Cons

integration with Pace is not as seamless as expected

TS

Tayler S.

MDSF Review

Pros

The integration with Radius, the simplistic way to link your prodcuts and send orders directly to Radius specifically.

Cons

The lack of being able to bundle and have the items flow to Radius. We have multiple "bundles" for our Oil change department and that would be a highly efficient part of the software for us.