Final Cut Pro Logo

Video editing software with color correction capabilities

Final Cut Pro Reviews

Suggested alternatives

videopad
mindstamp
bynder

Supports HDR, Dolby Vision, and Surround Sound. Features like Object Tracker, Chroma Key, etc. are super useful.
Also I just hated the over simplistic workflow and lack of third party plug ins and effects.
Some of the more complex functions and actions found in Premiere are missing from Final Cut.
I find it crashes too much for my liking; the spinning beach ball of death is cruel.

Ahona A.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

It's the most effective video editing software!

I required an effective yet user-friendly program to help me make video material for my social media, which was precisely what I desired.

Pros

I can easily make videos of any duration due to it. The filters and collaborative tools help me save myself a considerable amount of time. The software allows me to post my content on my social media sites, which is incredibly useful. It has a relatively user-friendly interface despite being very powerful software.

Cons

The program is quite pricey compared to other software options, and the fact that most collaboration tools don't offer a free version is a significant issue.

CM

Christoph Martin M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Most powerful editing software on the market for the best prize.

Final Cut has a somewhat different approach as to how you edit or how you use a editing software compared to other editing software solutions but once you have learned the logic behind it is an incredibly powerful software which enables you to edit anything video based.

Pros

Final Cut is super intuitive to use and learn and with a one time payment you will continually receive software updates making it the most inexpensive yet most powerful professional editing software on the market.

Cons

3rd party software integration is limited compared to Premier Pro as FCP is only available for Mac and hence has a smaller user basis.

TM

Tyson M.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Only for full time, casual users are screwed

If someone has endless time to watch YouTube tutorials and call customer service, it’s probably fine. Normal people have no prayer

Pros

It used to be fairly easy to use basic functions to make simple videos. Then if I wanted to try some advanced features. But it’s a nightmare to export and upload to other sites

Cons

I literally can’t even get a photo to upload. I used to drag and drop, and use the basic functions easily. I can’t even get one photo into my project’s timeline. Wasted 2 hours

Abegail R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Final Cut Rendering and Exporting Issues

Pros

Final Cut Pro is an easy to use beginner-friendly app. I started using this app first to get the basics of video editing in terms of the language, effects etc, after which I migrated to other platforms that did the same thing. The ease of access never measured up to that of Final Cut Pro so I ended up switching over back to Final Cut Pro. A great thing about it is that it doesn't utilize a lot of my battery percentage so I can get longevity on my battery life when using the software. I would recommend this software to a beginner in the world of video editing.

Cons

Ater fully editing my project I was ready and eager to export for use. The rendering process took almost forever to complete but I understood based on the nature of the task. After it completed rendering I left it overnight to export. When I got up to check the project it was at 27 PERCENT!!! I cancelled it and retried and it sat there for hours before it could be exported. I had to put off my presentation. I wished there was a prompt that indicated the issue that hindered exporting.

ND

Nikolay D.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Apple's Finest

For quick projects Final Cut Pro is amazing. For very heavy editing, you need plugins and other external resources in order to get the final result you may need.

Pros

What I like the most is the ease of use, very intuitive. It can be used by beginners as well as experienced video editors. The possibility to add tons of plugins with effects, visual overhaul, text, and audio plugins is endless, making Final Cut Pro really cheap and worth the money. I love that it is version based, and you don't have to be subscribed in order to use it. The rendering is mostly extremely fast.

Cons

The out-of-the-box effects are very limited, and you need to either create your own or use third-party plugins. Also, importing HDR videos from iPhone makes the project look so bright, it takes quite some time to figure out why and how to fix it.

CC

Craig C.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Final Cut Pro is Perfect for Beginners

This software has satisfied our needs ten-fold. We’ve created dozens of microlearnings using it and other smaller videos. It’s easy to use/beginner friendly but also powerful enough to do some really cool stuff.

Pros

Ease of use. Previously, I have only used iMovie. All of a sudden I was asked to produce microlearnings for our new LMS and Final Cut Pro was the software chosen. I felt at home immediately. I get better and better each month and I owe that to the layout and accessibility of the software itself.

Cons

I have no qualms for the software at all. If anything, I want to take the next step with my video editing skills and know I must seek training and/or instructional videos.

JA

Jeff A.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Final Cut Pro 2005 to 2023

Its been wonderful. I enjoy getting an idea and figuring it out on final cut pro. If you think it, you can do it. Most likely with some help from those on youtube that are better at it.

Pros

I have been using Final Cut for a long time. When I was a student in highschool this was a really hard tool to use. We used it because it was a great product but it was very difficult. I remember seeing a library of manuals for it in our lab. However, years ago they came out with FCPX and it is very user friendly now for the basics, yet still has the depth to do anything.

Cons

Wish their was more transitions, effects, etc. You can find tons of this online for a cost or even free sometimes but I wish the program itself had more to start with.

Rakesh M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Classy features with most fastest export functionality ever

The first professional video editing software that I used is Final Cut Pro. Its functionalities are so simple and easy to use for video editors. And it is so faster while using and on exporting when compared with other video editing softwares in the market. They stores all the media files within the project file while importing. So that it looks faster. But, this thing requires more storage space. So that, now I switched to another video editing software.

Pros

It looks so simple for me to edit, colour corrections, adding sound effects and music. And its export functionality is much faster than other video editing softwares.

Cons

The only thing I did not like much in Final Cut Pro is, its project file occupies more space in your storage. If a cloud base storage was integrated with this software, It becomes the best one for me.

BB

Bradley B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Good video editing suite for hobbyist or professionals.

Pros

Editing (trimming, cropping, syncing with audio) were all great. Importing and management of clips was also very simple and straightforward.

Cons

Buggy at times, sensitive to OS updates.

TS

Tom S.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easily accessible high-end editing.

Pros

Deep toolset in a fluid, easily approachable and precise interface. Ideal for beginners, but after passing the learning curve, there is a deeply complex program beneath. It is, therefore, ideal for both beginners and veterans.

Cons

Some functionality a UI features don't make sense when you have come from a program like Premiere Pro, however, with a learning curve you can get used to these.

Luciano Z.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great (but expensive) solution if you love the Apple ecosystem

A pleasant software to use, that puts you at ease and is slowly discovered as you use it. The interface is well thought out, just to avoid being scared and overwhelmed by buttons and various options. The limitation of not being able to share with Windows users is definitely worth considering if you work in a team.

Pros

This software is really intuitive and easy to use. The buttons are well placed and the rendering is handled flawlessly, making the workflow nice and smooth.

Cons

Compared to other software, you might consider the price challenging ($300 or so). I would like it if there was an internal search engine for transitions, also external and paid.

AV

Allen V.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Better than iMovie, but not pro level for many years

Easy to use, runs smooth, but not as many features or as well priced as others.

Pros

It's much simpler than some of the other options out there, and it (obviously) runs really well natively on Mac.

Cons

A subscription price for a video editing program that isn't even as good as some of the free options out there. We went with a different software.

CW

Claud W.

Media Production, self-employed

Mixed emotions

My overall experience with Final Cut Pro was really really nice at that time, really loved the ease of use and just generally everything about it would be highly recommended especially now in 2021, Final Cut Pro is really improving even with their latest updates! Oh my Gosh!! Am thinking of switching back to using it than using Priemere pro cause that has the error bug messages.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, once it's opened on your system everything is just there, very easy to cut, add transitions and colour grade, My best feature was using the chroma key or ultra key cause I really love filming using ta green screen and all I had to do is search "Chroma key" and drag n' drop.

Cons

this is where I've got mixed feels cause at the time of using the software back in 2015 - 2017, don't get me wrong it was a really nice software at the time but I wanted to do so much more like some really nice transitions and motion graphics or graphics, however, I felt so limited so because of that I made the switch to Adobe Premiere Pro cause it offered so much more plus that's what the pros were using, so that caused me to jump ship

Carlos R.

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

The best video editor, no discussion.

Fantastic, creating content in Final Cut is something I really enjoy, although my first passion is photography, video creation also occupies an important place in my life, and with this software that passion becomes even more interesting.

Pros

Let's start by emphasizing that it's an Apple product, and like everything from Apple, it's perfectly developed, design and integrated into the ecosystem. The editing functions are so many, the effects and transitions are beautiful and useful, and, although I don't consider it easy to use, I don't consider it difficult either, with some practice you learn to use it and it becomes very fun to create audiovisual content there. Finally, the rendering speed is lightning fast, the fastest of all video editing programs.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, and I'm being totally neutral.

AN

Alberto N.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

A classical for video editing

Pros

Final Cut Pro stands out as a feature-rich video editing software for professionals. Its sleek interface facilitates effortless creation, editing, and sharing of high-quality videos. With extensive format compatibility, including 4K and 8K, and a wide array of video and audio effects, it caters to diverse editing needs. The captioning feature ensures compliance with accessibility regulations, while the precise audio editing capabilities eliminate imperfections. Notably, the "flow" transition adds a touch of magic to transitions. Overall, Final Cut Pro offers an intuitive and cost-effective solution for powerful professional editing.

Cons

While Final Cut Pro offers a range of editing features, it falls short in certain areas. The stock effects often lack professional quality, and the organization of raw files can be confusing. Integration with After Effects is absent, requiring reliance on third-party add-ons.

ST

Siaka T.

Internet, 11-50 employees

This is the best editing software for mac

Pros

It is a fast software that has many features and is also easy to use. It is also stable.

Cons

I love it but it's a little too expensive. This is the only problem I have with this software

BK

Ben K.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

review final cut

Pros

this software is very simple for video editing and moreover free

Cons

I have not encountered any problems with this software and does its job well.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

My Go To NLE Software

Pros

The magnetic timeline is unparalleled and the fact it's a one time payment make it very worth the money.

Cons

Having the option to be able to separate media into tracks would be helpful.

SG

Stella G.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

The app for Apple users

Great experience!!

Pros

If you have Apple products I should say the best way to go is with Final Cut Pro. The design is beautiful and intelligent and I am sure you can even make very good materials. A feature I like more is its capacity to detect faces and objects.

Cons

I think that starting using the features of this software takes an amount of time. I could also add the price.

CS

Candi S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Final Cut Pro is a great software for high quality video production

Final Cut Pro has been a fantastic software to use to edit our videos. Intuitive and easy to use!

Pros

It's has great transition material to use between clips, the library is organized, highly recommend!

Cons

At times, I don't know how to do things in Final Cut Pro but then I search online and find answers.

MH

Momenul H.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Best video editing software

Pros

The best editing software. Every feature is great.Transitions are very important and effective

Cons

The color grading is very good, there are many features that can be used for color correction as desired

Aliki S.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Worth trying for beginners

Started using it in university during my master's and keep working with it for the first years of my career. It was the perfect tool to get introduced to editing.

Pros

Final Cut Pro has a nice interface, easy-to use, various presets and elements. It's ideal for filmmakers and editors starting video making and editing.

Cons

It doesn't as many features and presets as other similar software.

Entertainment, self-employed

Still a great NLE

Pros

It’s ease of use and rendering capabilities

Cons

It used to be a full suite before as FCS, I wish that would come back as it was very good.

Design, 1-10 employees

final cut

i save a lot of time on tedious editing tasks thanks to its fast cut functionality

Pros

the industry's leading tool for editing, retouching, creating clips and more, with a collection of sophisticated titles and transitions.

Cons

available only on Apple platforms, it remains a powerful tool in the video creation industry.

LF

Louisa F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great video editing tool

Pros

It can do pretty much everything you need in terms of video editing.One time payment for a lifetime product.

Cons

Final Cut Pro X needs and uses a lot of disk space and it can lead to some sort of lagging or issues. It's best to use with an external SSD.