Formstack Forms Reviews - Page 2

Solid system for creating forms for a variety of uses

There are definitely parts of this system that I appreciate and find very useful, but I think there are a few areas it could improve to really perfect the experience.

Pros

Easy to use UI with pretty straightforward features and options for building out forms. Includes some helpful conditional options for specific steps on forms, which was key to a lot of the forms I've had to create.

Cons

The main complaint I have for this system is that the conditional settings (which I had to use a lot of) would erase whenever possible answers in the drop-down list for a question were adjusted. So even if I kept the name of a certain answer the same, but adjusted the positioning of it, the conditional I built around that answer would disappear. Just wish the system could have been a bit smarter with that.

Uggh....

I wish I could tell a different story, but unfortunately,​ we had a terrible experience with the software and the "support" team.

Pros

It is completely web based. That is really the only good point about the solution.

Cons

Where do I begin? Our team who used this software constantly received Error: -1 (Submission could not be updated) when editing a form. This was our Care team and they were typing notes from a meeting, and this error would cause all the notes to be lost. We contacted support, and instead of being helpful, they blamed it on the browser (when we had tried all possible browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome,...

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an application.

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users.

Pros

There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Cons

While we were able to integrate the product into our own software, we had to do some javascript magic to make it happen. If there was an easier way to include formstack forms into our custom software, the product would be near perfect.

We love to see happy clients and appreciate the great review. We do have webhooks and an API that may help moving forward. You can find that info here: https://www.formstack.com/features/webhooks-api. You can also reach out to our Support team at any time with any questions you may have. If you should have any recommendations to improve our product, please don't hesitate to add them to our Ideas site: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Form got deactivated poor notice

Pros

Good features and good functionality. Very good for integrating with google sheets and google drive to make systems more efficient.

Cons

I was moving from a different form generating software and so did the same that I was doing before. They have more sensitive information security which is good. I was given a warning and so I emailed back and after reading their info page re:information security about how I can comply with their policies. Replies were not succinct and while I was trying to figure out how to follow their rules they deactivated my form and disrupted the business operation. Sad face. And angry face at the same time I am sorry I live in Australia and it is 12am here when Formstack is operating. Sad and feel like they don't really care about me much.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer Support. If you should have any further issues or concerns, please reach out to our team at support@formstack.com. Please note that that we are moving towards 24-hour Support.

uses form to trigger work flow for contract management process

Pros

the ease with which one can develop a robust form that is easy for use by end users and does not have to have further training to use

Cons

it lacks a certain level of malleability when it comes to the structure and what is standard offerings (ex: i need 5 columns and it only has 4, unable to edit email sent out to end users)

Pretty good product at a good price.

Formstack is fairly simple to use. Like all products, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you learn it it isn't too bad.

Pros

It's fairly simple to copy events to new forms. You can group events together in folders for convenience sake.

Cons

I'm frustrated by a number of problems and lack of features. For examples - The users can't modify their registrations. The confirmation emails are fairly limited in scope and functionality. You can't send emails to all registrants, you can hook up to a third party emailer, but that doesn't work for me with my emailer. There are others, but I don't want to sound like a basher. Overall I'm pretty happy and I make it work for my needs, but I am on the prowl for other solutions.

Glitchy, bad service, confusing!

I had a really stressful experience with Formstack. It has taken me over a month to create a form - that's not even finished. It glitches, it lags, there are technical difficulties even above their heads. Even though they in the end got on the phone with me, it took pushing and a lot of time that I did not have and then when it was created it still wasnt right. It is a never-ending battle and they have not offered to compensate $ wise which is unfortunate.

Pros

-It seems like a simple interface -For simple forms it works fine -It has many options and allows for all kinds of conditional logic -It collaborates with many plug-ins and Google apps -Customer service is kind

Cons

-There is no number to call for support -Emails for support take 24 hours plus for a reply -The logic if the form is complex gets super confusing -If the form is too long it lags -If you want to reorder the form it doesn't work properly - system glitches -It is 20 bucks a month for the bronze program but for the amount of stress that goes into building one of these and the price you may as well do something more old school like a survey monkey -I can't stress enough how aggravating it is to solve a tech problem with formstack, they are so slow and not always the most knowledgable although they are quite kind

Reviews left by our customers help us continue to improve our product and our customer support experience, so thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear that responses from support were delayed, but assure you we continually work towards expanding our customer resources, so accounts without priority support included can still solve problems quickly. In the future, please don't hesitate to search our vast support library here: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us or reach out to us on our social media profiles to help expedite the support process. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Thank you!

Good form software but lacking in necessary features

I attempted to use the software to make a job application for the program my nonprofit is designing. I gave up when I realized I could not export my finished form to either Word or PDF.

Pros

I liked the ability to drag form elements into the form I was making. It was quick and easy to do so. I didn't need to know any code or complicated techniques.

Cons

It was missing simple features like the ability to export my finished form to a PDF or Word file. Both of these file formats are necessary to have if the end user does not have access to the internet but still want to fill my form out (most form software companies assume that all end users will have access to the internet and believe that a link to a finished form is sufficient). Additionally, I could not situate my form elements in a horizontal landscape orientation. As a result, the form I made with this software became one long, multi-page document. With a user filling this out on the internet, this is not an issue. If not on the internet, it is a very long document to go through.

Good Functionality for the Price

Pros

Formstack has all the functionality you need for basic question forms. It has numerous pre-configured fields that you can just drag and drop into your form. I really like the logic and how it is easy to understand and configure. The low price is hard to beat when needing a simple registration system.

Cons

There is no customized reporting. If you want to export any data from your form you have to export it all and then clean up the excel sheet to what you really want. I wish it had some more advanced functionality within the form that would make it versatile to use as a registration software.

Formstack Review - Overall really useful

Formstack is great - we use it in our small business for taking orders, website contact forms and integrations with google drive and freshbooks

Pros

Easy to use for the non coder, a lot of integrations and features

Cons

Has errors sometimes, but are quickly fixed.

Lots of Features

Great options for communicating with your survey users - you can set it so they are automatically emailed a response and also customize the landing page they are taken to after completing the survey.

Pros

There's a lot you can do with forms using this program. You can customize the URL of the form and easily embed it into other sites.

Cons

Sometimes when I duplicated forms, I noticed that the logic would get lost. This was frustrating as I would have to go through the form again to add the missing parts of the logic back. We also always had problems with people who saved their surveys being able to access them again.

Formstack is an easy way to register gifts, registration, and other transactions.

We are accepting payments, gifts, and facilitating registration/ticketing with Formstack, and although it needs some work on the presentation aspect, it is a great and economical tool for nonprofits.

Pros

The simplicity of Formstack is its greatest benefit. It is extremely simple to set up, use (on the client-facing side), and receipt.

Cons

The additional functionality and presentation are absent with Formstack. We still use Formstack (and will probably continue to use it) because it doesn't have many problems, but from the client-facing side, the forms can look like they are from the early 2000's.

Great tool, great customer support

Enabled us to capture information and have it automatically put into salesforce.com. The tool provided some features that we weren't able to get with just Salesforce such as attachment management (the ability to require attachments at various places in your form).

Pros

I used the FastForms version of this software. This software is fantastic for basic form needs that require salesforce integration. The software provides an easy to use form builder with a styling tool. Advanced customizations are possible with css and javascript.

Cons

Although it is great that we can customize with css and javascript it would be better if some basic things were included out of the box without requiring javascript or CSS. I'd like to see page specific styling and character counters as out of the box features that don't require custom CSS and javascript. However their customer support is fantastic and they went above and beyond to ensure that the customizations I needed were provided.

Thank you for taking the time to review our Formstack for Salesforce app. It is an awesome product! We are continually updating our products, and would love to hear from you with any recommendations you may have. Please visit our ideas site at https://ideas.formtack.com and please define if your idea(s) are for the Formstack form builder or the Formstack for Salesforce app.

Easy-to-Use Product

This is a great product for collecting information from staff. It is a great organizational support tool.

Pros

This software is easily used by users. Survey users can easily select the answers they'd like to use. It can be added as a button on mobile devices, making the submission of daily information (such as COVID health checks) simple.

Cons

Some of the coloring options do not quickly transfer from the desktop to mobile device platforms, making some text unreadable.

Easy Custom Form Plug In

We truly haven't found any negatives with the software. It does exactly what we need it to do and we've yet to have any issues.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use and we were up and running in a day. We set up our first form and were able to review it with our team and implement it the next day.

Cons

We are thrilled that you love using Formstack! We've updated our product with lots of new add-ons, such as workflows (https://www.formstack.com/add-ons/workflows), so check out the Product section of our website to learn more about all of these great new features.

Wonderful Form Tool

It's been great, an inexpensive way to extend Salesforce

Pros

Has worked great for extending the Salesforce Platform

Cons

I wish data limits were a little higher.

Great Choice

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone. This is very easy to use and it keeps my recruiting job easily.

Pros

Great choice especially for recruiter like me, where I can send forms to the candidates so that they can easily review the documents needed for their application.

Cons

So far, I did not encounter any problems with this software. It is a great help for recruiters like me.

No better way to capture important data

Using Formstack has seamlessly allowed us to capture duch important information from new customers and staff members.

Pros

We use this product to have customers enroll and buy our product - simple, easy and clean way to capture all the important information and allow them to safely input credit card information for payment

Cons

I am concerned that Formstack is considering changing the way they permit the user to keep credit card information.

Formstack has freed my time up for other projects!

I love Formstack. We went from an entirely paper-based registration system to using Formstack and now I only get 1 or 2 paper registrations a year (instead of 500+). It was intuitive and easy to set-up. So far, there have been options for everything I want to do. Plus, I can then keep digital records of my registrations instead of having files, and files, and files of paper. I particularly love the...

Cons

Thank you for sharing your success using Formstack! We're glad we've been able to free up some of your time for other projects!

Great tool and easy to use. Very versatile from simple forms to event registrations.

Pros

Ease of use; Ability to change quickly and in realtime; Mobile functionality; Reporting able to generate multiple formats.

Cons

Difficult to add graphics to customize form headings; Links to form names are in multiple places; Submit function not intuitive.

Thank you Kenneth for taking the time to review Formstack! We love to see satisfied customers! We are sorry to hear that there are a couple of areas that are more challenging. Here are some references that may help: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1619774 https://support.formstack.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1260843 https://www.formstack.com/blog/2016/spotlight-on-submit-actions/ https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1930012 We are continually improving our product and love to hear any ideas our customers may have! Please feel free to send any app recommendations here: https://ideas.formstack.com.

Formstack Tech support

Field service request support

Pros

I think the software can fill many gaps in our current technology platforms

Cons

the support is way to slow, I have had a ticket open for 2 weeks with no reply and we are in the proof of concept stage as a gap filler in our technology platform- i have sent several follow up emails pleading for support with nothing back

Hi John, we're really sorry to hear this. It seems like there may be a disconnect in our communications. Our Support Team typically replies within a 24 hour timespan. We will forward this review to them to reach out as soon as possible and investigate the communication issue further. If you would like to reach out to them as well, you can email our team directly at support@formstack.com. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as it helps us continue to enhance our product and customer service.

FormStack Forms

Pros

What I like most about formstack is the ease of use and user friendly qualities that it offers.

Cons

What I like least about Formstack is that I have noticed at times what information I enter will not make it to the administrator. There have been a few times where I have had to go back in and renter the data.

Moving from Paper to Online Registration

Pros

We used Formstack as a first step of transition from having no online registration or information collection to accepting registration and payments online. I liked that it was fairly simple to create forms for information collection, but that information then had to be exported and transferred over to whatever system we used to store it.

Cons

While the basic drag and drop elements of the form were simple, it was not as straight forward to link it to payment software or collect payments. There were several instances where a box wasn't checked or the formula was not set up correctly by myself, another staff member, or volunteer and because of this payment didn't go through and had to be re-collected. If you are a religious organization or non-profit, I would advise collecting information, registration, and payment through a database system or something that's more all encompassing rather than using

Great for creating pretty much anything!

Pros

This is a very user friendly way to create a variety of forms - from camp registrations to alumni gatherings to donation sites, this software can help you create pretty much all of it. It is very user friendly and the customer service is top notch with quick, same-day responses.

Cons

I want more - I wish there was even more customization available.

Thank you for leaving a great review! We always love hearing what our customers have to say! Remember you can always make product recommendations here: https://ideas.formstack.com

Pros

Virtually no time needed to train which makes it ideal to pass to a volunteer. Clean and functional

Cons

wish there were more options to make firms more aesthetically appealing like font and color options

Thank you, Crystal! We are so happy to hear how easy you find using Formstack. You mentioned wanting to be able to change font and color options. Here is some information you might find helpful: https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1239064 https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/2060542 https://support.formstack.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1760375 We love getting new ideas from our customers on product improvements. If you should have ideas, please submit them here: https://ideas.formstack.com.