Fulcrum Reviews

Fulcrum

Custom form creation and mobile data collection software

4.79/5 (114 reviews)

Manish Kapoor

Best Mobile data collection platform

Reviewed 2020-05-28

It’s The Best

Pros
It’s the most user friendly and easy to customise platform for mobile data collection

Cons
Nothing to dislike. It’s the best platform

Chris Somerlot

Fulcrum Review

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Pros
Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Cons
Enterprise integration was a long time coming

Patrick Allgaier

Shortcut to Efficiency & Organization

Reviewed 2019-09-12

The fact that the software provides you the ability to collect data for a variety of needs and store/access all of that data in one place has brought a wealth of efficiency to our organization as well as those we support.

Pros
What I liked most about Fulcrum was that is has an easy to use configuration process for setting up apps and the Fulcrum Team is always working on ways to improve these processes and implement new ones. I specifically enjoy their latest update to the User Management page, it makes setting up and editing users very easy. Also, the Learning Portal and Support Team make your program learning experience a fulfilling experience.

Cons
I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Laurier Kremer

Great product

Reviewed 2020-05-21

It has been a great tool for our specific data tracking needs and our clients have been impressed with the functionality of this database. Being a mobile app based product it allows easy access to data files and in a regulated industry (pipeline construction) we are able to verify records immediately as requests are made.

Pros
This is a great tool for managing some of our data tracking requirements and the accessibility enhances the database even more. The data base is relatively easy to use once it is set up, however set-up can be a bit of a challenge.

Cons
As mentioned above, set-up of the templates was a bit of a challenge, but that is self imposed and not the fault of Fulcrum.

Alan McManus

FIre Department's Friend

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-06-09

We use FULCRM for Damage Assessment and Search & Rescue operations and find its ease of set up and deployment really useful. Again the lack of Polygon / Linear features is an issue I'd hope will be addressed soon. Our Scientific Officers also use it to locate their air quality monitors, but again can't use it for smoke plumes / Water contaminate modelling due to lack of Polygon features.

Pros
It's ease of use and set up makes FULCRUM easy and quick to deploy in emergency situations

Cons
We'd like to be able to import / draw polygon & line features. This would be particularly useful in rural search and rescue operations. During the Bushfire season at the start of this year, we had 4 major fire complexes burning covering approximately 18,636,079 hectares (46,050,750 acres). We needed to add areas and sub areas to allocate crews which we can't do in FULCRUM. WE employed a workaround using tile files but it was rather cumbersome and obviously the tiles could not be edited or interacted with. We would be unable to tackle another catastrophic fire season like the last one, using FULCRUM, without Polygon / Linear features being added.

Jomo Toney

Excellent Functionality

Reviewed 2020-05-20

Used this application for years over several large projects and day to day data capture requirements. I'm very pleased with the software from both the mobile and web interface.

Pros
The ability to create forms that meet almost all data capture requirements and combined with Geo-tagging. Additionally the offline mode that captures the information without mobile data where it can later sync to the server has placed this solution above all others.

Cons
Work could be done on the export functionality to exclude certain columns. The data can often be overwhelming for standard users.

Lee Mattingly

Data Collection Software That Fills Our Needs

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Fulcrum has been great in aiding in collecting data and it has been very useful in our daily operations.

Pros
The program is very customizable to suit our data collection needs. I currently use Fulcrum apps for Work Orders, Daily Reports, Traffic Sign Inventory, Drone Flight Logs, and more. I can use Fulcrum on my desktop computer and collect data out in the field with my phone or IPad. I also like being able to link two apps together. For instance , I log my work orders with my daily reports.

Cons
I wish the PDF Reports would be a little more customizable. Sometimes when I add photos to a report , there is a lot of empty space on a page causing the use of more paper and looking a little less professional.

Carissa Reh

Great Product

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Software is making preliminary natural resource mapping a breeze.

Pros
Really enjoy the real time data collection and photo associations, the fact that there is no time consuming post processing work, and the ability to export a dbase from the collected data to create quick tables.

Cons
Wish there was a line collection option to delineate the perimeter of an object.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Asghar Khan

Flexible Soloution for surveys.

Reviewed 2020-06-02

Only fulcrum fill our all requirements. Fast and reliable, can control from anywhere. Good customer support.

Pros
Great product from beginner till now i am expert. A good API & data events make this product very effective , this product is a complete package. This products is also interesting for developers . In Short this is a complete soloution for any kind of business.

Cons
If there are any option for using fulcrum database locally without syncing, then this product will hit edges. Fulcrum must start professional certification programs for individuals like other products. Making API query writable also is a plus point. Custom pdf design must be client base or atleast make API for custom PDF.

David Patrick

Environmental compliance

Reviewed 2020-05-30

Easy field data collection Simple processing one you have mastered the technical side which is standard stuff

Pros
Setting up a basic recording form is so easy. If you want to move up a level the help, not and customer service are fantastic. Obtaining help is so simple and quick and developing it from a simple firm to a database is step by step

Cons
We find it easier to change our processed to fit fulcrum but, having said that, it wasn't difficult and they use standard outputs that are so easy to adapt to

Gary Dixon

Good tech support

Reviewed 2019-08-22

As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasn’t much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Pros
The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language.

Cons
I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

Anonymous

Superior Field Data Collection

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Personally, I have appreciated the flexibility that Fulcrum provides. Their apps, APIs, and open source tools give you full control over your data. I highly recommend this as a data collection platform.

Pros
Fulcrum provides an impressive array of features and possibilities with their mobile data collection platform. The ability to manage apps and data using open standards and developer friendly APIs means that you can incorporate a superior data collection experience into your workflow, regardless of your existing technology footprint.

Cons
There are some advanced features of this platform that may be difficult for a beginner. However, it is very straight-forward for a beginner to get up and running with a simple data collection app.

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for the review! We're glad you are enjoying the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer and that you're getting the most out of your API integration.

Fred Spain

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2020-05-21

Extremely useful data collection product tat has proven extremely useful for our day-to-day business as well as during the recent bushfire emergency allowing us to collect Information on thousands of Properties.

Pros
The most useful aspect is its ease of use and ability to make changes on the fly.

Cons
The inability to create our own reports (which is being looked at now though).

Anonymous

Fulcrum: A Flexible Solution

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Overally my experience with Fulcrum has been wonderful. It met the initial need I had when I purchased a few years ago and has helped me grow my business as well.

Pros
Flexible platform. The software fully supports customers bringing their own opinions to the table to get work done their way.

Cons
Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though).

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're so glad our app could help you grow your business!

Stephanie Haigh

Fulcrum Review

Reviewed 2020-05-21

I love it. I can use it in the field with or without the internet right from my phone.

Pros
It can be updated and easily changed any time to meet our needs.

Cons
The lack of dashboard for easier reporting and process control.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Mitch Polun

Excellent Tool - Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 2019-06-27

Far too much to go into any detail - we have deployed approximately 12 different tools for a variety of our field personnel to identify and track plant damage, outage incident reporting, quality assurance, new construction deployments (project management) etc.

Pros
Scalability and ease in customizing based on need

Cons
Unable to incorporate PDF uploads

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're enjoying Fulcrum, Mitch! Thank you letting others know.

Ronald Westhauser

App developed in a weekend that saved us time and money

Reviewed 2020-06-18

I have 200 electricians installing energy metering across the USA. They now use the app to report on what they did at each unique site. The app was set up in less than a week, was tested, trained and rolled out to the first 20 electricians within a month. Amazingly easy, feature-rich and fast to deploy. The field team loves it and finds that it saves them a lot of time.

Pros
Extremely easy to learn to build an app with lots of functionality. This was the first time I developed an app and I did it in one weekend.

Cons
1) Every entry field requires a new row on the app, even if is just a one-digit number. I would like to put 2-3 fields on the same row to get more on each screen. 2) I want to put an icon or small photo next to the fields to make it more user friendly. For example I wanted to show an example of what a QR code looks like next to the entry field for a QR code. 3) I want to send an email alert to my headquarters tech whenever a new file is generated in the field, so he can contact the person in the field immediately if there is a problem. I can't easily set up an alert for every time a new file is created.

Brian Wilson

Why Fulcrum

Reviewed 2020-06-04

Why Fulcrum? Why not. A platform should work for you, not against. Everything is so easy to use. It has changed documentation aspect from a labor intensive chore to a breeze. Less time with paperwork and more time working

Pros
The ease of use switching from various other pages. Quick learning and how it can be customized to fit the needs of the company. Seamless transfer from the tablet to the laptop.

Cons
On remote camera options where pictures are sent from tablet to laptop. You have to bring them over one at a time. It would be nice to pull them over at once

Kristin Carrington

Carrington Risk Review of Fulcrum

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Pros
The geospatial aspect of Fulcrum is the differentiator. It's easy to build forms. It allows us to be flexible for our clients.

Cons
Understanding of our business and workflow is difficult, so it made use a little difficult. The only item of contention right now is lack of access to the report writer. This would make it perfect!

Dave Methot

Fulcrum and telecom field maintenance

Reviewed 2020-05-22

My old way was if a located a trouble with the pole line I would take notes on a hard copy and drive ahead or back to find nearest civic number. Then enter this on a spread sheet at the office using a map or as built drawings then scanning and sending to our repair group. Fulcrum app has saved a wealth of time for me.

Pros
The fact that the instance I locate a deficiency on our aerial network I can enter it into Fulcrum, with pictures, and civic address and everyone with this app in our company has the info at that moment. Especially our aerial line repair trucks. Very easy to use.

Cons
The only problem that comes to mind is sometimes I don't require a picture, but not able to close app for that location until I take one.

ethan gillies-denning

fulcrum review

Reviewed 2019-04-09

very positive.

Pros
For someone who does not have a coding background and was apprehensive about building an app, fulcrum was incredibly user friendly and i was able to produce an app that had all the functionality i required.

Cons
there were data protection issues with it with regards to my companies data strategy.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

JOHN MORA

Track issues on a map

Reviewed 2020-05-26

You can create apps. We are a landscape co. Our biggest challenge is keeping track of the all the irrigation systems on our clients many properties. Over 7000 valves, clocks, sprinklers, back flow, weather stations etc and any one of those items stops working or gets broken. This program tracks all this. We then connect a zapier to this Fulcrum app and all the non working zones gets put into a googles sheet. From there it goes to my Method CRM program and fills in a estimate to the client. We do this so the client sees what is wrong with the system. Creating a custom Fulcrum app is pretty easy. Support help is great.

Pros
When you need help they are there. Their online docs about helping you out is pretty good.

Cons
There is not much about this. I am pretty happy about this app.

Loyiso Shelle

Components Assessment

Reviewed 2020-05-30

Our pilot project is for looking at infrastructure shortfalls and remedial work needed to make it work. We capture data on Fulcrum and analyse it.

Pros
We as a team in company drafted spreadsheets to be included into the software to help us work on a new project piloted. It could be customised and adjust as we moved along in the exercise.

Cons
Lacks technical adaptation to engineering work and data would be captured then lost. We could not get our work back. Has to be able to realise that when data is the same no need to repeat, maybe get programmers with a background in engineering in order to understand customisation in engineering projects.

Brian Settlemoir

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Overall the experience with Fulcrum has been a game changer for my firm.

Pros
This product enables us to capture and review real-time data live as it happens. Customizable to many different situations very happy we went with Fulcrum

Cons
I’d like to see more options for customer support and more options on reporting.

Tim McAfee

Saves us time and reduces errors

Reviewed 2020-06-02

We build fiber to rural communities, so there is plenty of pole data to acquire. Using Fulcrum allows us to get all the data and take notes and pictures that are helpful in estimating pole make ready costs.

Pros
We have used other products in the past that were limited in their customization and required conversion prior to being useful in any standard GIS-based product. Fulcrum allows us to export quickly and visualize the data we want to export easily.

Cons
It used to be linked to our fiber design program, Vetro, but that is no longer available. It was a nice feature to have available for our folks.