Fulcrum Reviews

Fulcrum

Custom form creation and mobile data collection software

4.79/5 (114 reviews)

grant Hilliar-Hayes

OUTSTANDING

Reviewed 2019-04-29

It has helped us improve our online business, with an app that can be customized to your requirements

Pros
It's easy to use and there are plenty of help forms if you get stuck

Cons
sometimes with exporting information can be confusing the first couple of times

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're loving Fulcrum and it helped you improve your online business!

Anonymous

Good system, up and running in no time

Reviewed 2019-03-23

Pros
Up and running in no time. Good bouquet of features

Cons
Cannot add custom features easilty and white labeling not offered

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're enjoying several of the features Fulcrum has to offer, and that you've found it easy to get up and running!

We would love to hear more about what custom features you are looking for.

We working on some changes within our app at the moment that, while these changes are not directly being done to support white labeling, it does address some of the technical needs white labeling requires.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

jesse Jason

Detail oriented and easy to use

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Pros
The different screens are easy to move between. When inputting data it flows together seamlessly. Also, the embedded detail capture is phenomenal. ( sorry, I couldn't decide).

Cons
Location of Pin drop icon. It seems as if the icon should be at the top for order of placement.

Anonymous

Fulcrum for property inspections, condition auditing and asset management

Reviewed 2019-06-30

Pros
Fairly low cost, low commitment. Highly customisable, agile and flexible. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons
Some more advanced features can cost more. Use of more advanced features does require more technical IT knowledge. Some limitations to the UX layout of the app

Roy Dennis

Highly customisable to your needs

Reviewed 2020-05-27

Generally very good, bottle necks area generally in our own IT system not Fulcrum

Pros
Calculated fields to make your app assist users in the field Data events to make your app react to user inputs Record links to pull data from multiple sources Classification sets, reduce user input error High - low error checks built in on all fields

Cons
Lack of support on Microsoft flow Syncronisation could be faster

Paul Bunker

Time saving productivity

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Is suits perfectly my needs in the field and that translates to client satisfaction.

Pros
The easy to use online form builder always me to quickly custom build data collection apps based on specific requirements of a project. This allows me to provide my clients the exact information they require. Utilizing the forms in the field saves a lot of time with automatic and predefined data collection.

Cons
I would like customizable PDF report format including layout and presentation.

RJ Jakes

Easy and fast data collection anywhere

Reviewed 2017-05-03

Saved a lot of time in the field, and saved a lot of manpower and money not having to deal with paperwork or revisiting old sites because I couldnt read what I wrote

Pros
Fulcrum is easy to use, has several useful ways to integrate, and contains a powerful API for connecting to other back-end systems

Cons
(currently, use it on Android and on a windows desktop), and hopefully, they'll release a windows phone version.

Mike Collins

Best there is

Reviewed 2020-05-22

It has taken a lot of paperwork that disappears into files away and provided a working solution for many of out data capture and control requirements, a great product.

Pros
It has become an invaluable tool for our company operations, there is absolutely no turning back.

Cons
Would like to pay per device connected to my account and not be limited to three devices per account

Eric Wiseman

Using Fulcrum to teach college students about urban forestry

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-31

Makes teaching college students about tree inventories in the urban forest so much easier. They are excited about the technology and find it easy to use.

Pros
Simple, logical, straightforward interfaces. Abundant built-in tips when designing data collection forms. Drop-and-drag features are nice. New users can get up to speed very quickly on using both the mobile app and the website 'control center'.

Cons
When you add a feature to a map while using the app in the field, it initially gives the feature map coordinates based on where the mobile device is located. If you aren't standing right at the feature you are mapping, then you have to adjust the location of the feature on the map after the data collection form opens. So this is an extra step in data collection. It would be better if the form automatically asked you to confirm the location of the feature on the map when you initially add the feature.

Ry Blaisdell

Leverage

Excellent.

Pros
Easy to use, easy to learn, without compromise.

Cons
Basic customization of the default report. Though this should be solved soon with a huge improvement.

Gretchen Maguire

Data = Money

Reviewed 2019-08-30

I don,t know of any other products in this niche but to me the capabilities working in the field are invaluable.

Pros
I am able to collect data and format it immediately into a useful data driven process. Eliminates extra steps. I am able to implement new functionality and fields as soon as I have the “a ha” moment. Sharing is great and immediate syncing.

Cons
Little control over the interface of the app or the data fields. Hard to re-order or group fields for easier input. If several photos are associated with one record I would like to be able to scroll through them. Currently you open one, close one, open another.

Jean-François Petit

Fast, simple and reliable

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We have a multitude of data gathering tasks on a very large property (1000+ acres) with a small team of 3 people. We prefer to develop small simple apps with no learning curves that work on personal phones and tablets. We also want 100% data reliability because ground surveys are time consuming and expensive. Fulcrum has allowed us to do this flawlessly during the last year.

Pros
The speed and ease with which you can develop and deploy an app for a specific task. Data reliability. A fine but not overwhelming feature set.

Cons
Data manipulation (such as batch deletes or edits) have to be made outside Fulcrum and reimported. No big deal, but you do have to be comfortable with data management using Excel and text editors.

Adrian Caneris

Fulcrum is a great product

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Fulcrum has made numerous site visits more efficient and accurate

Pros
I was a bit daunted at first with initial setting up, but the great customer support was very helpful and always willing to assist. The ease of operation in the field and data capture is very time saving. some improvment in the reporting functions would make this product perfect.

Cons
Adding in some features can be a challenge and needs good tech undertanding. the reporting functions are limited.

Amélie Lachapelle, t.p.

Amazing versability

Reviewed 2019-03-30

Pros
What I like the most it that I can build almost any forms that I need for my work (I'm a vegetable crop advisor) to collect data from the field. It's user friendly and I've got a very good customer service with the team when needed.

Cons
Almost nothing. Every little bug was quickly fixed by the Fulcrum team.

Response from Spatial Networks

Thank you for reviewing Fulcrum app! We're glad you are enjoying the versatility Fulcrum has to offer, to support your business needs!

Stephen Chu

Fulcrum increases efficiencies and saves time

Reviewed 2020-05-22

Data is being collected more efficiently but maintains high quality data collection.

Pros
Fulcrum forms gives the used the ability to copy older forms and update accordingly. Saving time in the field when collecting data.

Cons
Fulcrum only gives you the ability to spatially map points, it would be useful to map polygons to represent what form data corresponds to.

Naqeeb Sherzad

Overall is good

Reviewed 2020-05-21

It solved all problem that we face in daily life in the organization.

Pros
Graphical user interface and synchronization

Cons
Customized report. There is no option for the customized report.

Scott Strahan

Fulcrum Reduces Manpower and Improves Efficiency

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Generally, we are very pleased with the product and have received good customer support.

Pros
Fulcrum allowed Mississippi Power to move relatively easily and quickly from hard copy, manual inspection processes to a more efficient digitally based process. In addition, data accuracy and inspection effectiveness improvements were achieved.

Cons
The technical support communication process seems somewhat restrictive. The process begins solely with an online chat feature that may lead to a phone conversation if required.

Andrew Skeet

Fulcrum Tree Management

Reviewed 2020-07-22

Tree management and inspection recording

Pros
It's easy to use, is very reliable, fast responding. good clear presentation

Cons
Can't immediately think of anything I would want changed. One very minor error was that on one occasion I was logging onto it and it let me in although I'd only just started typing my email address and hadn't put the password in. That's only happened once.

ian West

Daily Site Diaries

Reviewed 2020-05-29

Proof of defects found and to show completed works.

Pros
This product was easy to set up once we knew what each layer done. Fulcrum is easy to use and has all of the functions we require.

Cons
When we complete our works the spacing is out and the lines under the writing sometimes goes through the writing. Also the page spacing's are out of sync with what we want to show per page.

Anonymous

Fulcrum advantage and area to improve

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Pros
Easy to use compared to several other sımılar applications.

Cons
It became more costly application compared to similar apps.

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you found Fulcrum to be easy to use! We pride ourselves on being one of the most affordable mobile data collection solutions available. Since conception, our team worked steadily to continually improve our platform with additions and updates to help our users streamline their workflows.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rick Fleharty

Time Saver

Reviewed 2020-05-21

I very much like the flexibility to write my own data collection apps and this product has been very good for accomplishing that goal. Overall it has been a very good experience

Pros
this software saves me a lot of time since i only have to enter my data collection once

Cons
The software can take considerable time to update if there is no cell phone connection

Guerrero Marcos

Fulcrum

Reviewed 2020-01-16

Used for daily reporting and collection archaeological and biological data.

Pros
User interface and templates. Allow user to develop own templates to fit the job.

Cons
Would like to see UTM info used, however I have not explored this, so it may be possible.

anthony lao

Fulcrum Comments

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-03-24

Overall for me fulcrum is good

Pros
Its very easy to use as far as my work is concern.

Cons
sometimes there are some data or information not syncronized with the field, so I'm not able to see it on my end.

Response from Spatial Networks

Hi Anthony, Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad you find it so easy to use.

Have you reached out to our support team about your data not synchronizing? If not, please do by emailing support@fulcrumapp.com! The most common reasons for records not syncing to the server is that the sync is run when there is no, or a poor, network connection, when the record is rejected by the server due to a permission change,(record is assigned to another user or project the user does not have access to), or the original record was deleted from the server. Our support team should be able to get to the bottom of the issue for you.

Zack Turner

Useful tool

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Has been a vital tool for our safety department

Pros
Its search-ability and ease of use. App is very easy to use

Cons
Custom forms must be created by Fulcrum

Robin Egan

So easy to use

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Pros
The ease of use, and how quick fulcrum helps me customize my apps

Cons
The PDF reports that are generated are not customizable,