Fulcrum Reviews

Fulcrum

Custom form creation and mobile data collection software

4.79/5 (114 reviews)

Andre van Vuuren

Fulcrum

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Centralising all of our data collection very easily

Pros
Ease of use, and very easy to adapt to specific needs

Cons
Monthly fees, although it is good value for money

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for the review, Andre. We're glad you're able to centralize your data collection efforts using Fulcrum's customizable, easy-to-use platform!

Rudolf Kilian

Fulcrum - Asset Management

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
Fulcrum is easy to use and understand, the interface was clean and uncomplicated. I used the software for asset auditing purposes specifically because Fulcrum enabled me to capture and store information about various types of assets with detailed photos including GPS coordinates and date and time information. The form setup made it easy to manage the workflow and data entry to ensure consistent results. The advanced search function made it easy to filter the data to find and compare information across multiple assets and locations.

Cons
I found the synchronization process to be slow at times.

John Alderman

Fulcrum, available when we need it

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Always available and easy to use.

Pros
We survey for extremely endangered species in our nation’s backwoods. We use Fulcrum everywhere we travel.

Cons
I’m being asked to explain something negative about Fulcrum, and I’m at a loss for words.

Daniel Stepner

Transformed My Inspections

Reviewed 2020-05-21

A+ experience. I'm overly satisfied with the product and the technical assistance when required.

Pros
The ease of use for this software has transformed my field inspections. I have been able to quickly and easily learn to create my own inspection apps, without relying on my IT team to do it for me. The Fulcrum support staff has been prompt in assisting me if I ever have a question or to resolve an issue. My staff in the field have found the software easier to use than our previous inspection software. I will be converting all of my projects to use Fulcrum.

Cons
My cons typically come from converting old datasets to be used by Fulcrum. The process has a lot of room for human error. I can't necessarily fault Fulcrum for that, but a conversion tool would help me in the future.

Andrew Norman

Recording tree risk data

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-03-25

Fulcrum has provided a simple solution to recording data in the field. It has suffered the usual pricing fluctuations as it has established but is a totally functional system that saves time and effort.

Pros
PDF reports are the most useful feature for me and enables a quick and precise download of relevant information to compile my report. Ease of creating specific designs and altering layout in the field

Cons
GPS is sometimes glitchy and especially where reception is weak

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for your review of Fulcrum, Andrew! We're glad you are enjoying the reports so much.

Unfortunately, GPS reception is not something that we have any control over. Fulcrum obtains the location information from the mobile device, which in turn obtains the location data from the built-in GPS chip or an external GPS device that is paired to the device. If you are using the built-in GPS getting a, external GPS like a Garmin Glo or similar may help. These devices typically have the same accuracy (~3 meters) but tend to be a more reliable than the internal GPS chips when working in environments that have some interference.

Laura Hernandez

Reconnaissance Using Fulcrum

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-05-21

Overall, Fulcrum was a very useful tool for a reconnaissance that I was part of two years ago. It was easily to learn and practical. Also, it was convenient to download the data collected in various formats.

Pros
The ability to personalize each application depending on your data collection goals is the best advantage of Fulcrum. Also, being able to use a phone or tablet as well as desktop is practical.

Cons
I wish the images were automatically named following a pattern (based on the entry perhaps).

David Beckwith

Citycare perspective

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-05-26

Great Asset data collection tool especially in remote areas

Pros
easily configurable to a number of different applications

Cons
In my role I am not intimately involved in the day to day activities of Fulcrum so I am not actively using Fulcrum on a day to day basis

Daniel Tekin

User friendly product

Reviewed 2020-05-22

We wanted to have a system for quality check, Fulcrum meets our needs in every way. The product works well, there is a good customer support in the life chat if questions are coming up. The product is flexible and easy to use for most of the people, don't need to be a professional programmer to do that. The electronic way of doing QC helps to save paper and time. Up to today everything is very satisfying

Pros
Easy to use, the software was quite simple to learn and easy to handle changes.

Cons
For every plus it cost quite a bit more, the pdf export for example cost quite a lot for having own Logo. We use the app only for making QC.

Monty Steele

Inventory Mapping

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Overall, Fulcrum has been easy to implement and use. It is a great product and has the capability to provide even more uses once it has been linked to a database.

Pros
Fulcrum provides us with an easy way to track component location, maintenance, and status. It is easy to create complicated applications with the form editor and transfer data between applications.

Cons
It is difficult to add overlays to the applications. I am sure this is due to my lack of knowledge in the formats that are used and not any issues with Fulcrum itself.

Ahmed Mohamed ali

Great App

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-23

It is a great app for data collection. The best I use

Pros
Easy to customize and use. Very simple to download data There is an option for developers Excellent customer service

Cons
Interfaces Geo photos Flexible in all options

Renata Valladares

Excellent value and interface

Reviewed 2020-06-03

Fulcrum is awesome. It offers the best combination of professional capability and affordability of all the subscription services I’ve used. Our field team has been using it for 4 years , collecting data from thousands of households in remote villages in Brazil. It’s easy to create surveys and collect data. GIS interface is smooth.

Pros
Affordability, ease of use, flexibility to add and drop users as needed, quick response from tech team, offline data collection capability.

Cons
The photo and other attachments are automatically named by Fulcrum with very long inconvenient file names.

Gregory Pauley

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2020-05-21

This has made our field operations of gathering information for reports 100x easier and more productive

Pros
Fulcrum is a fairly straight forward app development software. It is easy to develop your own mobile app with limited starting knowledge.

Cons
There is limited formatting options unless you pay to have them to customize the app for you.

Ed Heaton

Fulcrum Review

Reviewed 2020-05-21

Very happy with support and ease of use.

Pros
Customer support is amazing. Generally have response to questions with in 10-15 minutes if not sooner.

Cons
Would like a little more flexibility on App data entry. Table where you could move left to right rather then down.

Jesper Dinesen

Data Collection on Steroids !

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
As long as the tablet has power you can use the data collection features - live connection not required ! API Is easy to use

Cons
Not sure there is a least at this moment. I can see situations where the forms could be even more customizable, but at the same time, the ease of use is a hard thing to give up !

Roger cawvey

Great Software

Reviewed 2020-05-22

Great product, we in the past attempted to build packages like this, and once we found Fulcrum we found no need to build our own.

Pros
I like Fulcrum because it does what I need it to do, and changes to update the needs project specific are very easy for out IT team.

Cons
If any cons, it would be printing, but find it normally very easy.

Stephen Taranto

Great product for field data capture

Reviewed 2019-07-06

Fantastic product. Very technically sound.

Pros
Ability to customize to fit into existing data workflows

Cons
Lack of account options for enterprise-level use

Louie Ruffin

Love Fulcrum

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Being a Project Manager, I need to be able to add information to the various projects that I work on. Fulcrum allows me the opportunity to do that.

Pros
The easy way to capture information and sort it into various project folders. This includes dimensional info as well as photos.

Cons
I have no negative issues with this product.

Seana Taylor

Fulcrum App is amazing for collecting data!

Reviewed 2020-03-04

Pros
I like the fact that you can write out a report utilizing the drop boxes in easy steps and attach photos; that it captures the address where we are immediately when we pull up to the address.

Cons
I enter some basic data (such as dates and generic info) BEFORE we capture photos so I add the data manually at the office. I don't care for the drop down box to enter dates. It works if you're adding info in the field, but when at the desktop, it's sloppy and it's a lot more mouse clicks than if you were to just enter the date, which you can't do. (Note: in the past, you could just enter the date; but, with an update, they took that feature away.)

Greg Beck

Fulcrum Review

Reviewed 2020-06-02

Fulcrum allows me to easily record sampling data during field sampling and upload it, in most cases, immediately. Having the information permanently recorded saves time later during preparation of our investigation report.

Pros
The ability to log the location and other pertinent sampling data both before I go into the field and in the field gives me great flexibility.

Cons
Retrieving the sample information once I get back into the office is not as easy as it could be. I would like to be able to have more than one user on my account without having to pay more.

Justin Tan

Fulcrum is Awesome

Reviewed 2019-06-27

Overall, we have been highly successful with using Fulcrum for our projects and it has played a critical element for winning new jobs. Our clients love our data collection services that we provide to them, and it would not have been possible without Fulcrum.

Pros
Ease of use, intuitive interface, very powerful data collection tool that is highly customizable for each project

Cons
Cannot do mass deletions of data; need to create a new database and only upload the data that you want remaining

Felipe Oliveira

Best app for research

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-05-26

Pros
User friendly, highly customizable, team is always able to help in case of any doubts.

Cons
It could draw our route while on field. With this feature, in places where there's no mobile network available to download the map (i.e. far on the countryside) we could easily navigate.

Jamie E

Good productive overall, could use improvement

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Pros
I like how you can customize the applications depending on its use.

Cons
Exporting to excel could be cleaner, and navigating using the gps map always defaults to the other side of the country.

Response from Spatial Networks

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your feedback. Have you reached out to our support team about the issues you are having with exporting to Excel and with the map defaulting to the other side of the country? If not, please do so by emailing support@fulcrumapp.com. They may be able to share some options to make working with Excel easier. Also, they can help you troubleshoot the issue you're having with the map defaulting to the other side of the country.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jessica Parker

Great software

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-03-31

Pros
Does what our company needs it for. Works great, takes a bit getting used to but not too hard to get around.

Cons
It's small item, but scrolling in pages is a bit difficult,

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for the great review of Fulcrum app, Jessica!

Anonymous

Very helpful tool

Reviewed 2019-07-04

Pros
We have been using this software to perform audits and it has greatly increased our speed in completing the task. The API access has also allowed us to upload data with ease. Very happy with Fulcrum.

Cons
Using the API could be easier if the data was stored on the server end in a more intuitive way.

ROBYN TANNY

Fulcrum for Field Collections

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Pros
I like that we can switch between map and list views, that Fulcrum has a scanner function, that we can separate all of our collections, and that we could personalize the information recorded for every collection.

Cons
I don't have any major complaints. My one complaint is that some of the icons I need to click are awkwardly placed.