Handshake Direct Reviews

4.5/5 (103 reviews)

Valencia West

Makes writing orders or suggested orders quick and easy.

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Makes writing my orders very quick and convenient; valuable organized history of customers' orders, as well as a professional looking format for order confirmations or suggested orders.

Tina Scott

Save Time with Handshake

Reviewed 2015-08-10

We provided our 65 sales reps with iPad back in 2010 and wanted to utilize it to it's full extent with apps that saved the sales reps time and saved us money. Handshake accomplished both of those. Back then- sales reps were handwriting order forms and faxing them to our customer service dept. Then we had 4 people in our home office manually entering those orders! That is so much wasted time on both sides and there was a lot of room for error. With Handshake- our sales reps can easily find the product, show the images to their account, and place the order within a few minutes. Then the order is sent directly into our system- no more manual data entry. Time saved by the sales rep- 1-2 hours each day, which means they could see an extra customer during the day (and make another sale!) or not have to work at night. Time saved by the home office 4-5 hours per day. Now 2 of those 4 people in our home office have been moved to other open positions in the department, saving us money that would have been spent hiring someone new. Overall the experience with Handshake has been exceptional. It's a great product, easy to use and very efficient. We now have over 200 sales reps internationally that have been using Handshake for almost 4 years and they love it!

Kevin Jacobs

This program makes order writing and submission easier than ever

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Writing, confirming, and tracking Purchase orders is simple for factories, reps, and customers. Order writing can happen while walking on the sales floor with the buyer and looking directly at the current inventory on hand. Many Customers do not track their Purchase orders very well...so we are able to send them a copy instantly to their email....and they never "don't remember placing the order". orders can be easily split for multiple ship dates.

Kerry Pearce

Have not written an order for over 3 years

Reviewed 2015-08-04

For producing orders quickly and reliably there is no equivalent app for electronic devices. it is slick and easy to use for my sales team. I use it on my iPhone 6 plus as my preferred device for creating orders as the iPad is sometimes not on me so I can run everything from this device including upto date sales reports. If a customer rings I can do the order there and then while on handsfree. I have all there sales history and the sales can be confirmed, emailed to client and in the office within seconds of saying good bye to my client. It does not get any better than this for creating orders.

larry winderbaum

HS is a great order writing app. it has changed my life, my company's life & my sales reps lives

Reviewed 2017-11-20

as i explained in all the other questions, handshake simplifies and speeds up order writing, order transmission, submitting possible orders to clients, the many reports help alot, and on and on. handshake is AN INDISPENSABLE PART OF MY BUSINESS. don't know how i got along with out it, and don't know how i could get along without it in the future. keep up the good work

Michael Isenberg

Happy handshaking

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Great. We are able to service customers with technology that is advanced and feels cutting edge. Customers love the pictures and being to see you new items. We’re now starting to offer programs through handshake and I have also benefit from having an online website which is in past What is an underappreciated feature by chex.

Meagan Duncan

Using Handshake at Tradeshows

Reviewed 2019-09-11

In our business, we do trade shows with sales teams and then we also do trade shows without sales teams. When we do the shows on our own, we need our own ordering software. Handshake was perfect for what we were doing and very affordable. It is refreshing to have a system like this available to small businesses.

Meg Klaers Yatchak

Happy Handshaker

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Working with the Handshake team to launch the app and online experience to our teams and customers was nearly flawless. Some programs can cause "pain and suffering" but I've never been frustrated with using the system. I think that's partly because the Handshake onboarding team taught me so well but also because the software is so easy to use.

Theresa Juergens

Absolutely the best ordering system for sales reps

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Your sales reps can place orders on the iPads offline while visiting your customers, and then sync the order at a later time. It lets them show high res images of your products and color/size options. The team is incredibly helpful when it comes to setting the system up in the way that works best for you.

James Therrien

Handshake is what you need for POS

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Extremely easy to use and effective software, outstanding responsive support. Highly recommend company and product.

Chrissy Bellers

I love that it is easy, simple, and quick!

Reviewed 2017-11-15

What I like most about Handshake is that it is a simple set up process to enter customers and products and customer service is great! It also has Q & A section and tutorials available which is so helpful.

William Wade

Happy Rep agency

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I have been using Handshake for over 5 years and it’s helped me grow my business from one rep to 10. We sell products for 16 different manufactures and it’s has become my teams sales catalog. Can’t see doing outside sales any other way.

Jose Guerra

I have found the app easier to use than other apps in the past.

Reviewed 2018-04-18

It saves me a lot of time in placing my orders and I like that it gives me a total for my order right away.

Bethany Therrien

Great for Trade Shows

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-16

I love that it includes images and sends the customer pictures of what they ordered. We have a Christmas-based business and sometimes our customers will buy something in February that they don't want shipped to them until October so being able to remind them with pictures of what they ordered is fabulous.

Theresa Juergens

Easy to use - really intuitive

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Our sales reps range from 25 to 65, and all of them can handle using Handshake without problems! It's really simple to place an order, and follows a really intuitive path to getting the order in.

Jessica Shields

I use handshake to enter orders in my role in outside sales.

Reviewed 2018-01-12

I love being able to enter orders in the field, so they are place din real time. The product images are right next to the description, making it very easy to review the orders with the customer.

Isaiah Lee

Saves hours of time on order entry.

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Saving hours of order entry time and order taking time.

Corine Toren

Great for University Students!

Reviewed 2019-11-09

Overall I would say that my experience with Handshake has been very good. I think that Handshake offers a lot of opportunities for students, besides just job opportunities. It also lists campus events and question/answer forums where students can ask about specific jobs or the job hunting process. It also lets you schedule appointments which is great if you are on campus.

Alan Rush

Handshake is a Small Business’s Best Friend

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Handshake really simplifies my order processing experience. Both at trade shows and in the studio, Handshake adds a level of professionalism in the appearance and clarity of the order and shipping-related documents we create. And the customer service team at Handshake is great to work with and very responsive to even our most trivial questions.

Brian Schomaeker

Handshake has made entering and submitting orders incredibly easy and efficient....love it!

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Able to fix mistakes easily. Can change and duplicate orders in a flash. It flows extremely well with between customers and inventory.

emily tagget

Dependable, Effective, User friendly

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Every customer now receives a well written, organized packing slip and invoice. Each order gets taken to the back for other workers to start pulling it and now there is less waiting time since there is hardly any confusion.

GreatProduct

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Easy to use as long as it is only on one devise. I use to have it both on my iPad and iPhone but they could not since correctly.

david jones

As a non tech 68 year old I was apprehensive, now I can't imagine doing without it.

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Simplifies the whole ordering process. Having a current inventory status info lowers Back orders. ease of operation

Matt Smith

Territory sales

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Simply put I get back my time with handshake. I do not have to write down orders or enter them in my lap top computer. It is in real time.

AM Siddiquie

Time Saving App for ecommerce

Reviewed 2019-01-05

Its simple and easy to use, add products, check orders, order history and reports. Its great application for tracking orders at trade shows & exhibitions.

Owen King

Day to day time saver

sue croft

great ordering tool

Reviewed 2018-01-25

ease of use , catalogue, ability to apply discounts by customer. The ability to add images and on the spot reporting of customer history

Trey Lloyd

Efficient and Effective

Reviewed 2018-11-16

I have had a very positive experience with Handshake over the last few years, and I would definitely recommend it to other manufacturer sales representatives. It saves me a great amount of time each day.

Elizabeth Sloan

The perfect app for writing orders at trade shows!

Reviewed 2015-08-11

We began using Handshake almost a year ago for the trade shows our company personally attends throughout the year. Prior to Handshake everything was very analog for us, we wrote down orders on carbon copy forms and our customers left our booth with a copy of their order that was completely illegible (the carbon copies were a mess). This also meant none of our show orders could be processed while we were still at the show, because everything had to wait until we got back from the week-long show with the copies in hand before our team could start processing them. With Handshake, we take orders on our iPad minis and as the customer leaves the booth a copy of the order is immediately emailed to them as well as our team back at the office. This allows the customer to have a clear and concise record (with pictures!) of what they ordered and it also allows our folks to process the order immediately as opposed to waiting several days. Handshake has helped in countless ways and really we could not be more happy with how much more efficient we became! The user interface is clean and easy to navigate which is certainly important when taking a customer's order as it eliminates room for error.

Laurel Hathaway

My Favorite Business App

Reviewed 2015-08-11

I'm an independent sales rep with multiple lines and have been using Handshake for over 3 years. This app never disappoints and has worked seamlessly on the road and at trade shows. I even use it when customers phone in an order, it is that easy and fast to use. And then with a couple clicks I can send it right on to my manufacturer and a copy to the customer. No more homework at the end of a long day! Set up is easy, and updating pricing and adding new product takes no time at all. The Handshake customer service team has been quick to answer my questions and they have an excellent understanding of what tools a rep needs to get the job done.

Michael Borys

Excellent, use everyday to process orders

Reviewed 2017-11-24

Clear understanding and quick reference of how much my clients order

Handshake for Career Services

Reviewed 2019-08-01

We use this software to post jobs for our students and alumni at the undergraduate and graduate level. We also use this for all career services related events to be communicated to our students and employers.

Melanie Emshoff

Overall very good

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Ease of use, inventory is updated with each sync, ability to use bluetooth scanner, reports are easy to run

Ann Knowles

Handshake Review

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Overall I have had no issues. When I needed something changed, updated or have had an issue it has always been addressed right away.

Glenn Tanner

Alta Supply

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Has been instrumental in separating us from our competition

Elizabeth Galloway

A wholesale must have

Reviewed 2017-11-15

The flexibility and ease of taking orders during tradeshows really revolutionized how productive we were able to be during show periods. With a robust catalog, Handshake makes it seamless for us and the customers.

Jane Gosden

We recommend Handshake to everyone we meet.

Reviewed 2015-08-21

Elk is an Australian based fashion and accessories brand with over 800 customers worldwide. We have salespeople and rep groups on two continents, and multiple currencies all of which Handshake handles with ease. We have been working with the team at Handshake for over 5 years now, since the very beginning and couldn't be happier with the app and the personalized service that comes with it. Handshake has helped us to grow our wholesale business worldwide by putting product and sales information at our Rep's fingertips. Integrating into our existing accounts and warehousing systems, it allow professional, smooth and successful sales and distribution across the world. The sales, customer success and support teams are always available for fast responses to questions, and if you can think of a new feature, chances are it is already in the works! They're a fun and lively team, with their finger on the pulse, constantly building on an already great product. We love it!

Owen King

easy to use

Reviewed 2017-11-29

makes life easy when making a presentation. my accounts love it as they can see all of my collections without having to go through physical samples.

Brendon Brown

Save time on orders - make it easy, fast and reliable.

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Handshake is a slick, familiar interface on top of a highly manageable back-end hub. We chose this application in order to have static content not relying on an internet connection, and we stayed for the extensive customization and the well-written API.

Brian Schomaeker

Handshake Review

Reviewed 2018-11-09

… Easy to use and I would highly recommend it.

Jake Cremean

Excellent Software for B2B Niches

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Overall this is excellent software, I highly recommend it to any traveling sales reps or anyone working sales in a high-paced environment where efficiency is king.

doron mamman

top notch

Reviewed 2018-10-30

great all around very easy to use and great face for your wholesale business.

Jenn Johnson

Handshake makes order processing a breeze

Reviewed 2018-06-11

time saving accurate order placement

Nina Nicholls

Easy and clean

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Easy to navigate. Love that you can attach photos of your products. Syncs into our order software quickly!

David Head

Fetzer Vineyards

In stores sales

Spencer Beesley

Disappointing partnership

Reviewed 2019-05-09

This is absolutely the worst company we have partnered with in my 12 years with my business. Their customer service is simply horrible and I'm worried they almost got shut down because they weren't PCI compliant even though they told us they were. They gave us 2 days. Yes, 2 days to find a new CC processor and have it setup. You can only use their specific processors which don't even work with all of their tech. Their processors costs $6000 more than what we were currently paying and Handshake refused to help in that cost. The process we have to do now is different than what was initially presented to us. They switched it mid contract and then refused to refund a prorated amount. It's highway robbery in my mind. Be very cautious of anything you sign with them. Even then they'll just end up changing it mid way through the contract. Absolutely disappointed in a company that would conduct business like that.

Brock James

Easy to Use Ordering System

Great- very helpful

Lance Harris

Handshake has been great! Writing orders is so much faster and organized.

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Faster order writing. No need to carry my laptop anymore. Can check prices for any factory and item all on one app.

Rolf Poeting

Using at trade shows, changed from clipboards to Handshake, best move.

Reviewed 2017-11-24

Quick to select the items, easy to read, clean lay-out, all info at our fingertips. The training time to get new staff up to speed is amazingly short,

Mary Newton

A Must-Have for Any Sales Organization

Reviewed 2015-08-10

My company has been using Handshake for over year for the sales reps and recently added the B2B capabilities. The ease of use and the ability to share accurate sku and stock info with our reps and our customers in an automatic fashion has made it integral to our business. We have seen double-digit growth from trade shows as well as significant increase in average order size due to the app. Handshake is more than just an online catalog for our business. At this point, it is a key tool for us to maintain and grow our business.

ruairi teatum

wonderful

Reviewed 2018-01-11

The ease of the whole system - back and front end. Customer service is great. Our customers love it.

Handshake is Great for what I need

Reviewed 2018-11-09

The customer service has been awesome, everything we've needed to support our order processing has been addressed and worked on. I look forward to continuing to work with Handshake moving forward!

Amanda Babcock

Super practical!

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Its a super easy B2B platform, good for small businesses! Also has a great customer service.

Amy Curtis

Great Tool for Start-ups

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall, I think Handshake is a great tool for companies without an existing order/inventory system. While it was a nice-to-have for us at shows, it was the only time we used it and could no longer warrant the expense to keep it.

Brian Bychowski

Great B2B portal

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Easy to take show and phone orders. We use it daily.

William Rogers

Great product

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Easy order entry by me or customers makes life much better.

Zack Foster

Way to many issues. Stay in constant contact with customer support

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Syncs with QB, allows our team o be more connected

Diane Weaver

Handshake Saves Time!

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Great working with HS and they are always available if we have any questions. I would highly recommend this product.

James Smith

I like finished order form

Reviewed 2018-04-21

you can see what item you are entering and if it is in stock or not. You can go back and correct orders or add to orders on a timeley basis.

Bryan Heydeman

Great.

Reviewed 2017-11-24

No paper. Also keeps track of everything you have done. Has all past orders and returns at your fingertips.

David Emshoff

Handshake has made working with customers a breeze!

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Easy to navigate, order history is convenient, order copies offer thumbnail color images, wonderful for tracking orders at various tradeshows.

Kimberly McDermid Ralph

Eliminates the handwritten order mistakes

Reviewed 2015-08-10

We are still discovering the bonuses of this system. Working with the tutorials and finding a great Customer Service Rep that I can email on an on going basis has been useful. We have not invited all of our accounts to the system, but those that have, are finding it to be very easy to use.

Sydney Pham

Best trade show app I've used yet

Reviewed 2015-08-04

For the cost & export ability to Quickbooks, Handshake packs a punch. I've used many different handheld apps to write orders during trade shows electronically - more times than not the issue is that you end up keying them in manually when back in the office. Handshake allowed us to speed up our processing time, now instead of a customer being invoiced 1-1.5 weeks after the show, when they say they want it "ASAP", we can invoice them within the hour and ship them the next day. Over all, the app is very well laid out, user friendly and customer service has always been great.

William Filipiak

Handshake - Mobile entry

Reviewed 2018-11-20

We are able to enter orders as long as we have internet or cell service. This allows us to quickly enter orders & ship them almost the same day. It has helped us increase our service levels to customers & potential customers.

Sarah Royer

Handshake

Reviewed 2019-04-28

I like that you can search for recently graduated students with resumes as a recruiter. You can select specific schools and their majors.

Ann Jeanette Myrland

Fantastic app for the salesteam!

Reviewed 2015-08-05

We were looking for a tool for our sales team where they could browse our product catalogue. We are selling flooring and wall products so product samples took a lot of space and heavy to carry around. Handshake makes it way easier to present products, find prices and set an order. Integrating it with our ERP system made the maintenance easy. Great support and if you have any wishes they are glad to hear from you.

Ken Rosenberg

Easy and effective order entry system

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Easy entering and customers get an email copy instantly. Also has nice picture of each styles order

DJ Colantone

Need a job? Get handshake!

Reviewed 2019-09-19

Overall, Handshake has made my job search for a summer internship much easier and I have several positions lined up!

Very easy

Reviewed 2017-11-01

The system is very easy to use, creating orders, making changes, exporting, etc. I would recommend this to another user.

Neda Abousaidi

Very Frustrating

Reviewed 2018-07-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We don't recommend Handshake.

Shanna Hutchins

Extremely satisfied with the Handshake site

Reviewed 2018-01-24

I love the user-friendly navigation of the site, to be able to get to everything I need for myself and my customers

Bud Witte

Love the program, but it kicks me out sometimes when I'm taking inventory

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Ease of use. Quicker than paper inventory. Lots of good data available. I T is constantly updating .

Kirk Logan

Best Way to Find Your Next Job!

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Handshake is easy enough to use and gives students a lot of opportunity to learn about potential job opportunities.

Great App - Time Saver

Reviewed 2015-08-12

Since we started using Handshake we have been able to work with more customers at trade shows in the same amount of time. It makes the process much quicker, and our customers are happy to be in and out of our booth knowing that they have the order with pictures in their inbox. Its also saved our back office weeks of order processing time, allowing us to get orders to our factories much faster. We are very happy with Handshake!

Sarah Jutte

Streamlines Event Registrations for Universities

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Overall, Handshake is easy to use and has a vast database of schools to easily find information. However, I wish there was a way for a registration to show up just for specific departments instead of seeing everything the university is registered for.

Laura Kelly

no tech support, lost emails, ruins credibility

Sarah Quinn

Great Program- hoping for more integration

Reviewed 2018-10-31

We are solving many many communication issues, also helps coordinator normalize tasks like order placing. Hoping to take it to the next step soon by integrating Dynamics so orders are automatically placed once approved

Taylor Amsbaugh

Handshake is great for student employment opportunities

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-23

-easy to connect students with jobs -school use causes legitimacy -visibility to companies that are looking to employ

Herschel Kaufman

Simple, Smart and Powerful

Reviewed 2015-08-11

Well into our third year with Handshake and still going strong. Handshake has increased the productivity of our outside sales team and dramatically improved the efficiency and accuracy of our operations.

Handshake for networking

Reviewed 2019-04-25

My university allows students to sign up for Handshake an a way to connect with almuni. I'm still a student and haven't used it much in a job search capacity, but I have gone to a few networking events which were fun and it's great getting emails about the alumni association via Handshake to see what's going on!

Carissa Wilkerson

Love Handshake-streamlines the ordering process, simple as that!

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Very easy to use-love that it shows an insight into the customer ordering history, prices and total of order. Also, love that it shows OOS as updated feature.

Tonya Lindsay

Great

Reviewed 2019-04-30

This has been absolutely amazing!!! When I was taking online classes I came in contact with some great people. It's great meeting different people from all over the world. I now have 5 new friends just from this website.

Luis Aguilar

Handshake Is Awesome

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Sending orders very quickly for processing.

Jana Black

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I like being able to see picture with product sku #.

Anonymous

Makes writing orders at tradeshows easy

Reviewed 2018-02-22

writing orders at tradeshows with a breeze. No use for paper or pen and all of your images are downloaded.

Michelle Gregg

Handshake is the best!

Reviewed 2015-08-11

We have had Handshake for over a year now and we are very pleased. Order writing has never been so easy and it is great to be able to have access to our customers' information on our smart phones and iPads. We love it!

Lisa Denyer

Great for Sales!

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Handshake is easy to use, quick, and reliable! My customers love how quick they can see the product and get their order entered on the spot!

Tiffany Riley

Easy to use and super helpful!

Reviewed 2019-02-10

Benefits are that it can help you apply to 3x the number of jobs in half the time it would take you to search on your own!

Dale Overton

Simple yet powerful productivity increasing tool

Reviewed 2018-08-28

This is a great tool for allowing your B2B sales to be more efficient, this product also makes ordering easier for customers and supports offline orders. The ability to also be able to use Web, tablet apps, phone apps allows for the focus to be on the client or customer.

Promote your Product

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-05

Linking your consumer goods to a platform that makes it easy for you to sell your products. This software allows you to update your inventory as needed and lets you customize every facet to make sure users know the uniqueness of your products.

The best Wholesale Platform

Reviewed 2015-08-10

We thoroughly researched all the competing platforms for wholesale ordering via iPad and web and found Handshake to offer the best product, service and value. It's been nearly a year since we signed up with Handshake and we're very pleased with the product. Would highly recommend.

Kevin G

Simple as a Handshake

Reviewed 2019-01-30

Ordering new product just became as easy as as a Handshake. Overall experience is delightful.

Anonymous

Great way to find your next hire

Reviewed 2019-08-27

The software had many different outlets to find the necessary people for your organization.

Anonymous

Great, for both intern and company

Reviewed 2019-05-06

I have had a wonderful experience with Handshake.

Kourtney Kirkpatrick

Handshake is the best!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-09-30

We had a great experience using Handshake and would definitely recommend it.

OLIVIA GOMEZ

Could use improvement

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-04-26

Handshake helps you connect with students which is amazing and easy. However some links dont work or arent easy to use.

Anonymous

I use Handshake for sales transactions and data analysis.

Reviewed 2018-01-09

The ability to set up customers easily, add products quickly and do an export of sales for analysis.

Very Easy to Use

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-03-27

I find the UI very attractive and intuitive.

No handshake here

Reviewed 2019-04-11

The cute logo and the promise of helping with staffing needs.