Instagram Logo

Instagram

Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

Instagram Reviews - Page 8

3,823 reviews

RM

Rennee M.

Design, self-employed

The freedom it gives.

Over the years Instagram has really grown into an amazing social media platform. It just keeps getting better and better. It is like having a video editing app and a picture editing app all in a social media account. It has a variety of amazing uses like for personal usage connecting with family and friends, aswell as an excellent business marketing tool. The freedom it gives is out of this world. It allows you to have multiple accounts. As an entrepreneur who has more than one business, each one of them can have their own account. That is freedom at it's best. It's amazing video editing features allow it's users to make videos more interesting to their viewers. Anyone can have a top class profile with Instagram.

Pros

I could say I have four different kinds of software in one app. Those would be a video editing software, a photo editing software, a marketing tool and a social media platform. All that saves me data on updating a number of apps. I also save time, everything is done in one app. Aswell as storage, it is definitely an all in one without a doubt.

Cons

There is room for improvement when coming to it's location feature. It is amazing to be able to search world wide, but it would be nice to have an immediate hassle free option to select where in the world you wish to see certain information from. This will help improve searching and convenience searchers who are looking for a product or service around them.

AU

Arslan U.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Instagram a must to have for social media presence

Pros

Since the FB has taken over instagram; instagram has become a need for business people to promote their products and establish a presence. Especially if your business or your clients businesses operate in fashion, online shopping, photography or music industry. Over the years instagram has improved a lot like adopting features from rivals and enabling business t run targeted ads for audience as well as incorporating it into the FB business managers process. This has made it a lot more easier and budget friendly to run ads from one spot on both platforms.

Cons

Instagram is still kind of difficult to use or operate from desktop. Especially for business needs it is highly required to operate it from desktop environment and instagram lacks these capabilities. Although recently FB has made some promising changes and made it easier to run ads etc from facebook manager and make posts and create content from business manager but i will still prefer if instagram adds all features into their desktop web and app so that we don't have to pick up phones for anything while manging social media accounts.

DV

Dima V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Sharing my photos with the world

In my experience, Instagram is a very visually oriented platform, definitely suitable for sharing a lot of media and graphical content, like photos, videos, infographics etc. I would not recommend it as a discussion & group hub - a platform like Facebook does that job much better!

Pros

There is a lot of media - really A LOT! The suggestion AI is very smart and provides a lot of content. If you are willing to spend some time to sift through it, you can find very interesting posts and information. I also like the status update feature where one can put a photo or a video up for 24 hours.

Cons

The instant messaging seems to be really primitive compared to Facebook, telegram and WhatsApp. I did not even see a reply function - so if there is one, it is not very obvious to a millenial such as myself. The second con is sharing multiple photos. Instagram has a load of different sharing & posting functions. To be honest, it made me very confused because I am not willing to experiment by sharing my personal photos left and right. The other day I wanted to share a few photos in a row, but did not know how and Instagram interface is not very helpful in that regard. Also, if a photo is not perfectly square when shared, it is cropped and looks ugly.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

I'm a big fan of Instagram

Pros

I really like the community aspect that allows for "snowball effect" marketing through word of mouth as users can very easily share compelling posts and promotions with their friends which really helps brand awareness for our clients.

Cons

The fact that its userbase is so valuable that a lot of marketers in all niches flock there to engage their audiences. This makes it rather competitive, but still a must-do for marketers in today's world.

MZ

Michael Z.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Instagram is revolutionary!!

Its been pleasant thus far! I can post my pictures and videos and I know and can never lose them!!

Pros

I love that I can create my stories and link them with all my social media like Twitter,Facebook and that I can also create a separate business account!! Also love how hashtags have been revolutionary in the social media platforms and Instagram has made this experience so easy for us to interact using pictures and videos!I love it!!And what's more I know I can never lose my pics and vids!

Cons

Nothing to dislike,takes a bit of work to get followers but once you're master your niche it gets easier!

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Honest review of Instagram

I have a great overall experience with Instagram. It has become my favorite app for business. I find myself on the app for 3 or more hours daily, chatting with people around the world.

Pros

I love the fast and innovative rollout of new features on Instagram. I see the future they are designing and how they guide the user. I especially have fun in the creators area, learning new things.

Cons

The one dislike about this app is I want the stories upload to be smoother. Sometimes they get lost and I have to start over. I find that among many users.

Hafizah S.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Media social platform for personal and business needs

Pros

Following and keeping constant touch with my friend, families and public figures latest news and activity is really easy with Instagram. The feeds that shown on my main dashboard let me to know the latest post of the people that i am following without having to manually visiting their page.

Cons

I don't like that the videos is automatically playing on my feed and it consuming my internet data too much. I don't really like the algorithm as they often showing a advertisement that not even in my preference and it is annoying at the long run.

FG

FATMA G.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Keep the stress down for a minute

Overall i am very satisfied with Instagram, it is been quite big distraction during pandemic.

Pros

Instagram is essential tool now for socializing and it has reached to peak during pandemic. Since our topic is stress and healthy living, i find Instagram is very beneficial. Excessive usage might hurt though. I often track stories and i also liked the new feature - Reels very much. There are really too much creative content there.

Cons

They should really improve the complaint or blocking feature. It is really hard to convince Instagram about harassments or misusage of other users.

BM

Bernardo M.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Social media with potential to business development and reach clients

Instagram allows the company to reach many clients and the posts can give them information about our product. By showing them what is interesting to them, Instagram is a good window to show your product.

Pros

Instagram allows you to be in close contact with clients and show them your product/company in with pictures and information that is easy to access. Many people have access to Instagram, and reaching the clients is a matter of engagement. As soon as you get more engagement, i.e., can contact with costumers and show what it is important to them and can also drag their attention, the company can get more views and more people accessing the company's website. Posting photos and stories is very self-explanatory and doesn't require deep expertise.

Cons

The access to URLs and links could be allowed in the legends of pictures and posts. For the stories you can add the "see more" to direct people to your website. When it comes to pictures posted on the feed, you can't have a link in your post. It can only be accessed through your bio (profile page), which is one more step to the costumer. It could be improved.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

instagram

instagram is a great platform that gives any business or any page a voice to be heard.

Pros

instagram is a perfect way to make your business spread to a large population. sponsored ads are so focused and helps any business grow. not only you enjoy scrolling the home or explore page but you get to make money with it.

Cons

the new update that exhibits a shop where you can directly shop through the app was hard to adapt especially that instagram, when was first launched, was only intended to sharing memories and happy moments not an online business.

Adrián P.

Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 employees

In this social media era, you need Instagram.

Instagram helps me not only with my personal life, but with my business too. I can share my services with too many people I didn´t think years ago.

Pros

Instagram has more than 2 billions users....almost you dont need to say any more...This app is a must in your phone, even more if you have a business. You have lots of tools to use to get visible at Instagram (market, metrics, reeels, feed, stories, etc).

Cons

I think Instagram can improve its market, like Facebook market....it is a really usefull tool and it is not well designed yet.

IM

Ibrahim M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Instagram Review.

In general, I find the Instagram platform simple, easy to use and enjoying popularity, and it facilitated the communication processes between me and my followers, but it needs some necessary developments to keep pace with the requirements of the audience.

Pros

The Instagram application is one of the distinguished applications in social media. With a beautiful interface, it helps keep you entertained when travelling alone, has a simple design, and is also rich in content. Privacy is strict, with the possibility of doing some business through the commercial version. I can also make video calls, watch the lives of my followers and communicate with the world.It is considered a magnet for content creators and companies because it has a broad base of users.

Cons

Although there are many pros to using Instagram, some cons include the following: Anything I post on Instagram is public, which means that anyone can see my posts of all kinds, even if they are not my followers.Although Instagram doesn't allow me to (send) pictures of myself in my underwear, some pages also contain semi-naked models. It is not the most significant advertising platform because it is not the largest social media platform, there are larger platforms than it, and this does not reduce its effectiveness.

AK

Arhat K.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Not bad for brand development

Pros

Has a large user-base to cater the brand value and marketing promotions.

Cons

Expensive for advertising the brand over a large specific user-base.

AC

Andrea C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Lavorare su Instagram

Si utilizza perché è una piattaforma che continua ad avere un senso, soprattutto nel raggruppare chi non sta più su Facebook o chi non è ancora su TikTok. Nonostante non sia più quella vetrina patinata di un tempo rimane comunque un contenitore di cose interessanti da scoprire e un contatto veloce tra utenti e creators ma, soprattutto, ad oggi non è ancora sostituibile da altro. Si spera che migliori sul lato dei bug quando si deve postare e sulle notifiche.

Pros

Sicuramente è stato il social che ha ampliato il bacino di utenza che c'era su Facebook e che adesso raggruppa una fascia d'età che su Facebook non c'è più. Grazie alle integrazioni che ci sono state negli anni, diventa sempre più facile spostare l'utente dalla pubblicità all'acquisto.

Cons

Grandissima difficoltà con le notifiche che reputo importanti quasi quanto i contenuti per una piattaforma: il fatto che succedano delle cose, tag e messaggi in direct, che non vengono segnalati in tempo reale è davvero una pessima user experience.Il fatto che Instagram cerchi di intercettare TikTok copiandone le funzionalità è triste di principio ma. al momento, non intacca l'usabilità, o la produzione di contenuti extra.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Annabella Claire H.

Fine Art, self-employed

Artist With Three Different Accounts!

Overall, it has played a big role in my high school and college (and after) experience that connected me to friends and family in new ways. I will say, I feel slightly addicted to it and scared about that. I suppose that speaks to the ease of use and entertainment factor of the app! Very nice interface minus the increased advertisements and new focus on shopping and products.

Pros

I love the social media void that Instagram has filled for years… a quick and casual way to share photos and videos without having to go through too much hassle. I think the meme pages and artists that thrive on there have found wonderful communities to be a part of!

Cons

I don’t like that it was sold to Facebook. My biggest complaint recently would definitely be the focus on the Shopping section and the blatant consumerism/advertisement push. There used to be not too many ads, but now it feels like every third thing is one. The way the post feed is set up is frustrating… I don't think I like the algorithm way of things and would prefer a chronological viewing option.

Saqib S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Instagram - Co-ordination with others

I have found in this application that anybody can earn also by using Instagram with connecting and coordination with people.

Pros

Instagram is the place where everybody can connect their relatives and friends in very economical way. This application makes coordination with other instantly by using their photo and videos sharing. It has the best part that everyone can share their videos and images immediately on their Instagram page. By using Instagram anyone can approach their colleague and friends after a long period.

Cons

Nothing special to find in it any kind of lacking, this application has complete social package.

AY

Alisha Y.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Instagram Review - High Rating

Brilliant experience, I use Instagram everyday for business and personal. I post stories, highlights, reels and main page posts on a weekly basis. It is quick, doesn't crash and you can also DM (message) friends and followers securely, including sending videos and photos. Highly recommend this app.

Pros

Instagram is easy to use, highly accessible and has many useful features. It has developed over time, to now being a real-time app, as you can post stories. These stories can then be stored permanently as highlights. Most people have instagram and it works well across other Meta platforms, as you can share to Facebook, as an example. I have two instagram accounts - one personal and one business, and it is easy to switch in between them. The business account allows me to access analytics, such as post views and replies.

Cons

Sometimes accounts are randomly deleted, which is worrying especially for a business account. Also, Instagram has an increasing volume of ads on the platform, which it never used to have. But this is to be expected now from social media. Maybe a paid version without ads would be useful?

Norma Estela R.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Be careful because it can become an addiction

Instagram started as a personal social network and now it is a great tool that can help boost a business, I know many brands that grew there. You can store photos, videos and you can also communicate with customers and friends; the option to manage multiple accounts makes this possible, its synchronization with other social networks helps to reach more people. I think it is a good option that has managed to combine entertainment and business.

Pros

You can store photos and videos securely, plus it has filters that give a little touch to whatever it is you want to post. Its synchronization with other networks allows more people to see your content and share it. It is easy to keep track of the most prominent people in the world and many users have found a way to promote their businesses and ventures through this platform; there are few restrictions, which allows you to upload a wide variety of content.

Cons

I don't really agree with the idea of being forced to sync your facebook account in order to have access to Instagram; on the other hand, paid advertising has taken over the app and they want to put the character of the moment in your soup.

CS

Carola S.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great app for entertainment/work!

Overall i really snjoy the app and i think it is really interesting to watch. You can find almost any bussiness you may be interested in and also content that it appears according to your search history. I really recommend it!!!!

Pros

Instagram is such a massive app that it leads the way in social media. It allows you to see what everyone else is doing, with photos and videos, which also serves to inspire you. It is excellent to start a business or a page of something you like and patiently see how it attracts more and more people. It also gives you the option to advertise something you offer to have a greater reach. It is really very good!

Cons

As for the cons, you can get easily affected by the content you see on the app and it can affect your daily life. Seeing what other people do and letting them see, can be challenging and can have an impact on how you view things. I think Instagram should stop trying to reaccomodate the design of the app to show publicity all the time, we users don't want to see that as a priority. We first want to see what the people we follow posts, and then some publicity.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

A secure and easy to use App.

At that time, I am reviewing about worlds popular application Instagram. And that review is on my opinion. I have been using this app from many years on daily basis. Its look is so amazing and cool. And that this designed so easy operating system. And the icon of the app is awesome. And its design attracts the peoples to that side. And one of best advantage is that we can edit our picture and can get...

Pros

a secure and easy to use app for social media. With cool design, icon, and Cool fitters for editing of pictures and videos .

Cons

Instagram need to improve to create a calendar for content, tell stories instead of imparting lessons, make the content visually .

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Instagram is an essential online marketing element for small businesses!

My overall experience with Instagram is very positive. I do not have any complaints about the software. it's definitely and step up from Facebook and less intense than Twitter lol.

Pros

I love that this software is free, user-friendly, and easy to use for creators, vloggers, and marketing /social media specialists.

Cons

I do not dislike anything about this software.

Sara H.

Chemicals, self-employed

Review about Instagram

In general, Instagram is a fantastic platform for promoting your brand via the use of visual content. If your audience can promote your content, you'll get exposure and new customers. It's also convenient that you can use the application itself to make changes to your pictures before sharing them. However, the reality that it is so tightly integrated with Facebook and relies on legacy companies that may not be familiar to modern users is perhaps my greatest gripe. This makes using their promotion tool costly, if not impossible, in several cases.

Pros

It's a fun app that lets you stay in contact with loved ones and get insight into how they spend their days. You may share everything you like experiences, travels, video clips, and a mountain of photographs—all of which can be enhanced to look their best. Followers may send you messages, and you can stop uninterested users from contacting you by blocking their accounts. Whether your account is public or not is up to you. Instagram provides a window into the everyday life of celebrities.

Cons

I dislike the high cost of using the promotion function and the seamless integration with my existing Facebook profile.

Eric R. B.

Research, 1-10 employees

Instagram is so effective at sales, it's scary

We frequently use Instagram with appropriate hashtags for small, exploratory campaigns before spending more. It's a powerful product, especially since it also draws insight from Facebook to ideally serve up our ads.

Pros

I love Instagram because it's the most effective social media app for marketing. It's a mix of video, audio and simple photo presentation that is very compelling for users. The only downside is the price and inability to get much organic growth.

Cons

The cost is quite high because Instagram knows how effective it is. Organic growth is hard as well.

SN

Shanna N.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Instagram is Great For Small Business

Mostly a great tool, wish we didn’t need to often focus on the algorithm over the content we post.

Pros

Instagram is a great tool for our small business. It’s a great way to steer customers to our website and the analytics feature is important to see how potential customers respond to the content we post.

Cons

Would be nice if Instagram allowed for a more chronological feature so our content appears in more customer feeds.

ES

Eliene S.

Banking, 51-200 employees

The Best Online Social Network

Most people are connected on Instagram and certainly have a high rate of algorithm. Instagram is advantageous for any type of person, be it influencer, company or for business. It is a communication channel that allows reaching all audiences and the most comprehensive.

Pros

The application in my view is the best in online social networking. It has several features among some, such as sharing videos and photos with users and with other social networks. It offers interesting tools such as applying filters to photos and live video, great viewing of several photos in a single post, participation of live video, instastories (available for 24 hours) IGTV, Reels, Hashtags.

Cons

I am having difficulties with one of my accounts being deleted. I performed the process and so far this account has not yet been deleted. At the end of the request Instagram left a message: Your account will be deleted on March 04,2021. If I change my mind, sign in again before that date and select the option Keep account. Since the date I performed the account deletion process, I no longer accessed it for the order to be carried out.