Jungle Scout Cobalt Logo

Amazon insights for brands, agencies, and investors.

Jungle Scout Cobalt Reviews

Suggested alternatives

sellerchamp
truecommerce-edi-solutions
kentro

The brand segments are inflated as they assume an equal spread of demand across variants which skews proper reporting of your brand vs competition.
Often times we struggle to cut down the number of ASINs.

MW

Macrae W.

Vast Data Set, Great for Competitive Intelligence

Pros

The only solution that offers 24 months of historical data. Relatively easy to create market segments.

Cons

Sales estimates for variant ASINs aren't always that accurate. It'd be great if there were 36 months of historical data vs. 24.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Macrae! I am so pleased to hear that you have found value in the 24 months of historical data that you can gather from the Jungle Scout tools. We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback regarding the variant estimates. Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

MV

Mario V.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Amazon data that is critical for opportunity assessment and competitive intelligence

Great customer service and they listen to questions and feedback openly. The Cobalt team has provided Excel and Power BI templates to help analyze segments more easily. More infrastructure updates have gone live recently which continues to improve the data quality. Looking forward to seeing how the design team transforms the UI in the near future.

Pros

I use the market insights feature the most because it has estimated revenue and units sold data about millions of products on Amazon. It is helpful for understanding market share and new market entrants over the last 24 months. Creating a segment with predetermined products and brands is easy and the data typically generates within 15-30 minutes. The data can be exported to Excel which is helpful for creating customized visualizations in other applications.

Cons

I prefer to use the export data feature because the UI is slow and not user friendly, specifically when trying to analyze a brand's products at a granular level. Sometimes the accuracy of the data is questionable because of how the algorithm logic groups products together. It can be challenging to build a high-level segment because title keywords and categories parameters can only filter the data so much. 36 months of data would be helpful for analyzing pre-COVID trends.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Mario! I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed using the market insight feature on Cobalt! We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback. We'd love to be able to turn those 4 Stars into 5! Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

AT

Anna T.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Love the features Cobalt offers, but have had challenges with the data

Overall I've had a good experience. My experience has varied - I was extremely happy with my initial customer success rep but less happy with another. There were times when data seemed totally right, but then changes happened and that changed. It ebbs and flows.

Pros

I love the capabilities of the software. It is incredibly helpful to size up opportunities on Amazon and better help our consulting clients by understanding the landscape. Cobalt has a ton of features that are great for that.

Cons

I have had issues with data and building segments. Often times it is obvious that some of the data is totally off, or things break when downloading the data, or I make updates to a segment and then they don't actually get implemented until I make a totally segment...etc.

Hello, Anna! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We work hard each day to ensure we're the best in this space so we would love to know what we can do to improve those 3 stars and turn them into 5 stars! If you have the time, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We want to know how we can make your Jungle Scout experience even better.  Thank you once again for the review.

AB

Andrey B.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Best software on the market but could still improve

overall we spent a lot of time looking for solutions and found Jungle Scout to be the more reliable and accurate of all, although there are times when the data isn't as accurate as we would like

Pros

Ease of use and breadth of data captured

Cons

Accuracy of underlying data could still be improved at times

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that the tools have helped you with your Amazon business. We strive for perfection, so if there is anything we can do to change that 4 to a 5 star, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your day! Thanks again! Have a wonderful rest of your day.

KK

Kailey K.

Game Changer!!!

Overall my experience with Jungle Scout Cobalt has been great and a game-changer for our marketing and brand management department. I use this software almost every day and the amount of data provided is just amazing.

Pros

My most used feature is the market insights tool. This feature lets our team know-how are clients are compared to competitors and if there's room to grow a brand or if there is something we need to improve upon. Everything from a high level view of the overall market size and revenue to the detailed view of ASIN trends and keyword bids. This software has been a game changer when it comes to growing our department. The amount of data that is available with just a few clicks is priceless and has brought great value to our team when doing market research, audits, optimization, essential day to day duties and more.

Cons

When building segments I would like to see improvement on the filters, specifically being able to filter by subcategories. Currently when I'm filtering sometimes a subcategory doesn't fit into the segment I'm trying to build. Especially when working with "broader" terms and markets being able to filter out subcategories in bulk would be very helpful. Also if there was a cleaner way to organize the keyword list instead of tabs or having to search that would be helpful. Otherwise, I have no other features that I dislike.

Hey there, Kailey! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that the tools have helped you with your Amazon business. We strive for perfection, so if there is anything we can do to change that 4 to a 5 star, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your day! Thanks again! Have a wonderful rest of your day.

CH

Corey H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Our team uses this software as an integral part of our business process

We use this in our sales process to identify and align market share with prospects. The customer service and support that Cobalt provides have made a huge positive impact on how we receive the products and our overall view of the company.

Pros

Market Share data and graphs that accompany that.

Cons

Higher-resolution graphs that can be exported (but you all are solving this with Power BI integration and training), we also have had bad data come from duplicate asin issues

Hi there, Corey! I just wanted to drop a note to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Hearing that Jungle scout is an integral part of your companies business process has truly made our day! We are always striving to be the best in the space so I have forwarded your feedback over to the relevant teams. Thanks again, Corey! Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

KC

Kathy C.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Very helpful

Assess market opportunities

Pros

Ease of creating custom segments, two years of weekly or monthly historical data for segment, product title and other ASIN level details.

Cons

Cannot save segment definitions without having to keep the segment "live" (i.e., if I delete the segment, I also lose how I created the segment). The "Segment Info" tab in the excel download does not contain enough information to recreate a segment.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Kathy! I am so pleased to hear that you have found value in the Jungle Scout tools. We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

CT

Cam T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good product, still working through some issues

Overall experience with the product has been good and we have found the features to provide meaningful data. However, we have been met with what I would call product limitations which have caused us to have some trepidation in sharing the data with our clients.

Pros

Best feature is the product insights and ASIN tracker. For our use, this tool provides a ton of value in competitor research we can provide clients, or to help us understand changes that may impact our product or sales

Cons

Seeing inconsistencies from what we see in Amazon analytics and in data provided in market insights and segment manager, specifically with the split in revenue for 1p and 3p sellers.

Hey there, Cam! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased to hear that you have found value in the Jungle Scout tools. We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback. We'd be more than happy to take a look into these limitations; when you have the chance, shoot us an email to support@junglescout.com. We'd love to be able to turn those 4 Stars into 5! We look forward to hearing from you, Cam!

RA

Reda A.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

JSC Review

very pleased with the service so far

Pros

Keywords search volume and ranking, and competitors are very handy tools

Cons

The time it takes to scout a new segment can be a bit long

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Read! I am so pleased that you have found value in the Keyword Scout tool! We are always striving to improve the speed of our tools, we know how important our user's time is when it comes to Product Research! Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

DB

Daniel B.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Great software for market and and keyword analtsis

Easy and straightforward.

Pros

Easily compiling top selling products with specific queries on

Cons

Hey Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased that our tools have helped you to find products to sell! We are always looking to improve our estimates when it comes to variations, I'll certainly send your feedback over to the team. Thanks again, Daniel! Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

TT

Tricia T.

Ultimate Planning Tool for Annual Plans

We've been using this software for about 6 months now and so far my experience has been great. Our team is constantly learning new tools within the software to help us be more efficient within our day-to-day. This tool has helped us provide great insight to brands about industry trends YoY and helps create trust between us and our clients.

Pros

This tool is great for market research, especially when pitching to new or existing clients. The segment builder tool helps us show clients how there products are performing within their industry and helps us plan for budgets moving forward. The overall software provides us with the information we need to make recommendations to brands in regards to new product launches and budget.

Cons

The software is great, but just like any other software, it can be glitchy at times. When I create a segment and I'm in the editing and filtering stage of building the segment, sometimes it takes a few tries for the filters to take in the segment. It would also be nice to be able to sort by subcategories when we are sorting through non-relevant ASINs that appear in the segment list.

Hi, Tricia! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that the tools have helped you with your Amazon business. We strive for perfection, so if there is anything we can do to change that 4 to a 5 star, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your day! Thanks again! Have a wonderful rest of your day.

MM

Michael M.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Useful for building segments

Pros

I think the function for building segments and categories for amazon brands is exactly what I want.

Cons

I wish there was international compatibility. I also find that when using keywords for products, it would be good if there was a way to narrow down criteria earlier. Many times there are so many completely irrelevant products brought in.

Hey there, Michael! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that the tools have helped you with your Amazon business. We strive for perfection, so if there is anything we can do to change that 4 to a 5 star, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your day! Thanks again! Have a wonderful rest of your day.

CD

Colin D.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great tools, but many issues with lagging, glitching, loading

Pros

Segment manager and keyword scout are the most useful for me. These tools are much more accurate than anything else I've used (i.e. Helium10 tools or merchant words).

Cons

There are a lot of bugs, especially in segment manager. Segments take very long to load and product variations on the same listing (that are clearly visible on Amazon) are often not listed with the same products in segment manager.

Hey there, Colin! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that the tools have helped you with your Amazon business. We strive for perfection, so if there is anything we can do to change that 4 to a 5 star, please shoot us an email at support@junglescout.com. We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your day! Thanks again! Have a wonderful rest of your day.

IB

Ilya B.

Retail, self-employed

General Comments

Pros

keyword search, review reminders. iJS needs more functionality to support future sales like review reminders.

Cons

Supplier database. Couldn't find a single supplier provided by JS on Alibaba.

Hi there​, I just wanted to drop a quick to say a big THANK YOU for leaving us a review! We work hard every day to ensure we are always doing the best for our customers, so hearing this feedback is really appreciated. :) We have great supplier tools that are a little nuanced and may be tough to navigate. Please send us a message at support@junglescout.com so we can help investigate! Thanks again​, and happy Jungle Scouting. :) PS: We have an exclusive group for Jungle Scout customers on Facebook, don't miss out! → jnglsct.com/FBA-Group Have a great day!

MW

Maddie W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great tool for pulling previously unavailable category data and competitor insights

Jungle Scout has been very helpful in solving client challenges and bringing new clarity into the category landscape and how we stack up against competitors. It's also been helpful in showing prospective clients the opportunity on Amazon.

Pros

Jungle Scout was easy to set up and train the team on using. We've been able to provide clients with more insights than ever before and help show the overall Amazon opportunity for brands and how they stack up.

Cons

Often times we struggle to cut down the number of ASINs. We wish there was an easier way to search by Amazon Category specifically.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Maddie! I'm so pleased to hear you find our products useful. We are always striving to be the best in this space, and the best for our customers... So to hear that you're happy with what we have to offer - Well, you just made our day! Thanks again, Maddie! Have a great day!

KX

Karen X.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

A must for someone who sells on Amazon / works in the space

Pros

Most valuable feature: Market Sizing / Data

Cons

Would like to be able to categorise the different market segments easier

Hey there, Karen! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased to hear that you have found value in the Jungle Scout tools. I'll definitely pass your suggestion of being able to categorise the different market segments easier as a Feature Request! Thanks again, Karen. Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

GR

Gil R.

Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Useful Data

Very pleasant experience with Cobalt. Gave enough information to make decisions.

Pros

The ability to track our competitors and their product sales.

Cons

Did not have seller information in regards to 3P Sellers

Hi Gil! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed using Jungle Scouts tools! We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)

KW

Keith W.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great product overall - however UI & API experience can be improved

Pros

Good insights. Building segments and intuitive visuals

Cons

UI is very laggy. Only certain features exist on UI only. Some data quality issues, such as number of reviews going up and down (it should be typically on an increasing trend)

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Keith! I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed using the Jungle Scout tools! We are always striving to have the most accurate data on the market so we are always improving our algorithms. So thank you for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day & happy Jungle Scouting :)