Lucidpress Reviews - Page 4

Lucidpress Makes Us Look Good

I use Lucidpress to make flyers, proposals ebook documents the most. I have been very satisfied with the end product. It works really well for a solopreneur. I use it alongside GIMP and the two work very well for me.

Pros

Lucidpress has a wide variety of templates for all the types of design that I need. The interface is simple - easy to understand and use. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to resize, copy from one document to another, and set custom colors.

Cons

It took a little getting used to because I came to it with a different software interface in my head. In addition, I always have to increase the zoom, but that's a small matter.

Even a kid can use this!

As a small business I have a limited budget for graphic design. For small projects Lucidpress has been used for our one-off reports and mailers. This platform is perfect for people like me who have a limited budget and a basic knowledge of layout. I am sure that if I was a trained professional I could capitalize on all the features and do a better job, but for the projects that I have this is a great solution. I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

That it is drag and drop features and the help tool is great, clear, and actually does help guide you through to the solution (I have used it a lot).

Cons

It is sometimes hard to get the columns to connect/disconnect and resize.

Largely pleasant

Pros

I can use it with any device and am able to produce pretty much anything for my line of work - leaflets, flyers, newsletters.

Cons

It isn't the most flexible e.g. I'm not able to amend the colour of existing logos for leaflets or social media imagery.

One Stop Online Software Alternative to Microsoft Publisher

I have used Lucidpress at least monthly for creating booklets, flyers, handouts, and pamphlets for our school events and projects. I am grateful that they offer a discounted price for Educational accounts.

Pros

After looking for a Microsoft Publisher alternative for my Macbook, I finally settled on Lucidpress. It has all the features I enjoy about Publisher - booklet layout, overflow to additional pages, linked fomatting and so on, but is more intuitive to use and has an easy to read user manual.

Cons

Unfortunately, I cannot open Publisher extension files in Lucidpress, which would be a wonderful feature to have.

Great program, easy to use

Pros

- Has a variety of templates for posters, cards, flyers - Editing templates/creating your document is very easy

Cons

Could put some hints on like, don't forget to add a bleed if you are getting this professionally prinnted

Lucid press review Nostalgica

Pros

It's easily accessible and shareable for all users and from any locations without needing to download software

Cons

Resizing is a bit of an issue and the values when direct printing are off

Excellent options

Lucidpress allowed us to create several books and other projects with ease. The templates are terrific, the cost is perfect and the end result is stunning.

Pros

Lucidpress has provided excellent templates.

Cons

The site could use more book templates and other options.

I love having an online based publishing software!

Pros

I can use this software both at work and home. It is much better than using Microsoft Word to create posters or other publications as this allow you to put boxes where you want without auto adjusting.

Cons

I would like to be able to create text paths. I would like to be able to tell lucidpress to not put text over a picture in the corner but to flow around it with out shaping it myself.

Good, but there are better

For a cloud service to use in documents, it is very usable. Just don't expect to do creative design in it. Create multi-page text documents in it if you want, but do your cover somewhere else.

Pros

My colleague uses this and invited me to try it on her account. It has nice features and allows you to create and layout documents, and provides a catalog interface so I can see and choose all my created content quickly. Easy to use for a cloud service, good for beginners to do basic stuff.

Cons

To be honest, it feels a bit old, reminds me of Aldus Pagemaker back in the 90's. Layout functionalities are limited and stiff, provides few options for creative design. Don't get me wrong, it is very usable and you CAN do good layouts in it, but it takes time and a lot more steps than what I am used to.

I use the software to layout a print and digital magazine. It is functional and intuitive.

Pros

Provides prints ready, professional product at an affordable price. I have no prior experience with this type of product and was able to learn this system with its user friendly tutorials and easy to navigate help sections.

Cons

Despite being in the cloud it sometimes slows my computer. There are many times I have to restart the computer using the program because it freezes.

I love this publishing software. I use it for both work and personal purposes!

Enhanced program visibility for the purpose of increasing applicants to our program.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software. It's quite intuitive once you get to work. You can make beautiful, professional looking products which are sure to impress.

Cons

What I would like to be able to do, is upload word files into the system to create slides and publications. At this stage, I have to cut and paste all text, page by page. It sure would be helpful (and a huge timesaver) if I could simply upload the entire file, and then play around with formatting page layout later.

Great design app

Pros

Lucid press has great templates and things to get you started designing. It’s really easy to customize the flyers for whatever you need.

Cons

The platform left a little to be desired when it came to moving elements around within a template. The information could be customized but the elements could not be moved easily. Also the import file format was a little difficult to get a hold of.

Easy for Non-Designers

Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Pros

I liked how I was able to transfer all my skills from Illustrator and MORE from this software. It has advanced capabilities even though even though beginners can use it too. It puts a lot of pressure off me, as a graphic designer, when writers can create visuals of what they are thinking themselves.

Cons

This does not replace Illustrator in my opinion since there is just not the same amount of flexibility offered. It is still useful for the writers.

The program is intuitive and the output looks great.

Our Marketing and Communications team can create brand standards that the rest of the organization can use.

Pros

Having the ability to share documents and templates and how easy it is to use. Our team loves sharing documents with one another to get feedback and share ideas.

Cons

When you move pages around they no longer link to the next page (for text flow) so you have to re-set it up.

Great value and functionality

I use Lucidpress to produce monthly portfolio lists for my wholesale wine business

Pros

Ease of use, continuing improvements, storage of documents, low cost

Cons

So far, there is nothing that I do not like

Lucidpress

Positive!

Pros

I love Lucidpress! I’ve tried numerous other programs ( smores, eMaze, Canva) to make flyers for my class and this one is by far the most user friendly platform available

Cons

The print options directly from the program are fairly limited. I have to download it to print. I also wish the free version didn’t limit the number of flyers stored

Lucidpress for linesheets

Pros

I have continued to use this program year after year for creating linesheets for my clothing line, and have loved how easy it is to use. I can create any layout I want with a variety of font options.

Cons

They used to offer more storage space for images, etc., but now want you to upgrade to the paid version once you use up the more limited storage. I don't have a problem paying a little for the program, but the jump from the free program to the paid version is really drastic when all I need is a little more storage.

Great solution

Easy to use, great results, free version is great, affordable price for premium. Maybe just to much in-app selking.

Pros

Comparing with other software Lucidpress is an affordable alternative in designing. Even the free version is great.

Cons

I miss a function ( or didn't discover it yet) to copy designs to start a new design based on the copy.

Great product for not for profit organizations

Publishing for small churches is usually a big challenge with the people that need to often do it that don't have the necessary skills set to pull it off. Lucidpress really comes alongside people like me and make publishing flyers, brochures, booklets etc. much easier.

Pros

I have been looking for new ways to use a designing software that could help me publish without the hassle of being too creative. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but Lucidpress really made my life so much easier. Often I need brochures, flyers and other things and this software really helped me getting that going. I'd recommend it particularly to not for profit organizations that need to publish some materials but don't necessarily have the means to do it. This program is a great alternative.

Cons

I did not find any problem with it. It's been a great help for me thus far.

Useful product

After using Lucidpress, I could publish magazines without any outside help. It really is a wonderful solution for an organization with limited budget and resources.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, even for a first timer. The tools are nicely displayed and variety of each tool is amazing... inspires creativity

Cons

Sometimes the fonts don’t load properly.

A is for A4

I have found it useful in preparing a brochure and some other material for a restaurant business that is run by some friends. It's relatively intuitive but could do with more templates in A4

Pros

I like the templates and the relatively easy way to adapt them to suit your needs

Cons

There are not enough templates in A4 which is the most commonly used paper in an office and small business environment in Australia. When you change a "Letter"-sized template to A4 the design elements move out of place.

Lucid Press

Pros

Lucid press is awesome we use it to create all our eBooks, we used to work with Indesign before, but Indesign requires lots of computer resources what we like about Lucid Press is the fact that it runs on a browser

Cons

Grids and snap to grid features can be improved, text-editor needs improvements, there are no strokes for the text.

Super easy to use. GREAT results

Pros

Ease of use and options available. The fact that it allows great manipulation of pics as far as sizing and rotation etc

Worked Great For Us!

Being able to go to press quickly with our design!

Pros

We were able to create a beautiful press for a charitable campaign quickly. Graphics were good and my partners on the deal were extremely happy with the look!

Cons

I would like to see a better tutorial section in the form of short 2-5 minute videos. The learning curve for a novice would be a bit overwhelming.

Amazing and super easy

I can have my team to work in things that are usually complicated and this product makes it easy and fun.

Pros

That I can get ideas how to get stuffs done. Is easy for my team to follow and get things done on time.

Cons

I will like to have more templates. And more options for animations. But I like this software is quick and easy