Lucidpress Reviews - Page 8

Limited use for only one document

Won't use again. Annoying functionality beyond the basics and felt like they nickle and dime to keep a document up to date.

Pros

Just needed to create and upload a single document. Relatively easy to use to the basic functions, but there are many little annoyances when using the program. I can't imagine making myself use it again. Once the document was published I canceled the subscription and customer service noted we could make edits and republish if necessary with the free functionality. This was misleading, any decent sized document requires you pay again to make changes and republish.

Cons

Can't republish a document with any amount of minor edits unless you pay to re-up your subscription, despite the document technically being editable when you cancel your subscription. You can't republish if you're using too much storage space, so its essentially useful once you publish a single document. Misleading.

Super easy to create professional graphics!

Professional looking products.

Pros

The simplicity of use. I use this program every day to create marketing flyers and web banners for the agency I work for.

Bogus Billing

I was unable to create the kind of project I wanted to with Lucidpress.

Pros

I was hopeful about Collaborating with my authors and publishing on multiple platforms.

Cons

I was billed $390 for a "team" membership after I had attempted to cancel during the free trial period. I was not sent any invoice or receipt for this charge and realized it much later on, when preparing taxes. Lucid has thus far been unhelpful to resolve the billing error and I am writing to warn others. It is a pricy product and I decided to stick with Adobe.

This has been one of the best experiences taking my thoughts and making them a reality in print.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use while working in the templates. The templates are easy to change and the suggestions help when your trying to fit your content into the template. I also like having the ability to add YouTube clips. This is AMAZING!!! This adds to my ability to share multiple levels of information in one source.

Cons

Not having template choices that speak directly to my industry as a speaker. But, I have been able to find something to make it work with my content.

It is easy to be creative with Lucidpress

Helps to get marketing material out faster since I am not stumped on creativity.

Pros

I really like that there is a variety of templates that I can use. I am also able to start something from scratch if I want to use a template or incorporate my ideas into it to make more personal. I like that I am able to save my company colors so they are ready to use on hand as well with logos.

Cons

I find it hard to maneuvering and crop pictures while using. There are not many different shapes to chose from either.

You can do this!!!

I am very pleased with this software. For a novice, I feel like I was able to quickly produce a newsletter, and as I use it, I get better and better.

Pros

It is easy to learn to use! I can be creative without difficulty. Self-taught. I like that I can send the document for printing to Lucidpress. The turnaround time is awesome and the pricing is competitive.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike about the software. It does the job! In the end I have a beautiful newsletter or a beautiful flyer.

Lucidpress gets the job done on a tight budget.

Our print publication gets to be laid out in a way similar to that of InDesign. The team can work on layout together which makes print night easier.

Pros

The best part is the ability to share and collaborate on layouts. It makes delegating tasks easier and takes the workload off of one person.

Cons

After a few months of using Lucidpress, a particular function stopped working like it once did and requires tedious maneuvering to work now. Customer service "could not replicate the issue" so it has yet to be fixed.

Lucid Lights Up our Ministry

LOVE IT!

Pros

Easy to use! Vibrant Colors! Even our printer was impressed with the beautiful designs he thought a Graphic designer did. I told him it was Lucid Press! Love it! I love how your changes are automatically saved unlike other software if you forget to save it or the computer crashes everything you did is lost.

Cons

Probably a better template for newsletter 4 pages that uses the space for print rather than big graphics... More fancy fonts.

It has been easy to use but after publishing it does not look good on mobile device.

Pros

Easy to figure out, and great features to make the magazine look professional. Love the flyers and newsletter templates.

Cons

Still when we view our online magazine through a mobile device, we can't view the bottom of the page. About 1/4 of the page is cut off and it is really frustrating because over 3/4 of our viewers are viewing from the mobile device. Also, to have customer service it is all through email. Wish there was a number you could call for a quick question.

Great for Non-Graphic Designers

Pros

It's easy to learn and has a wide variety of functions. The provided templates are modern and easy to modify for any task.

Cons

It does take a bit to feel comfortable and learn how to do specific tasks. If you have zero graphic design experience, like me, it'll take some fooling around to feel comfortable.

Easy to learn

Our studio had a poorly done pamphlet that was outsourced before I found Lucidpress, now we have a beautiful catalog that showcases our memorials and speaks from our heart, and in our own language.

Pros

I like that as someone with zero knowledge of marketing or graphic design I was able to create a cohesive and beautiful catalog of our memorial glass product.

Cons

there was a bit of a learning curve, and printing is not available in Canada.

A simple design tool that produces beautiful documents and is easy for the whole team to collaborate

Simple design all in one place that our whole team can access.

Pros

The ability to collaborate and have shared documents that anyone on our team can access. The simple and intuitive design features. The ability to upload templates from indesign to make them accessible to everyone on our team.

Cons

Uploading templates still needs some work - things don't always upload perfectly (images, fonts) and then it becomes a tedious process to recreate a template.

So easy my grandma could use it

Pros

the templates make everyone think I know what I am doing

Cons

the price seems a bit high, I wish it was lower

Beats Quark ease of use and simplicity of features

price and ease of use and regular information

Pros

beats quark express for ease of use and simplicity of features shame i have go thru google to open my account

Cons

i need more simple tutorials ease of use and simplicity of features - shame i have go thru google to open my account

Great option for publishing documents like newsletters and magazines

Pros

Decent selection of templates with many types of templates Turn your online idea into a physical printed product at a reasonable price Free accounts and low cost paid accounts

Cons

You have to pay by the year, I didn't see a monthly option

Too much of a learning curve

I spent little time with LucidPress as there seemed to be more of a learning curve than other options.

Pros

I hear this software is especially good for breathing large banners, though most companies you order a banner form have their own design software.

Cons

I inherited a subscription to Lucidpress from the person who was in my position previously. I found it more complicated to get a grasp of than some of the others.

Lucidpress

Lucidpress has been an easy way for us to create books and newsletters in a professional design.

Pros

Lucidpress is easy to use and makes books/flyers/pamphlets that look amazing. I love the professional look and polish that I get from this program.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to move/toggle on a specific item (eg- picture, line, etc). And I wish the picture sizing allowed for stretching wide or long.

Drag and Drop Template Driven experience

Pros

You can drag and drop and create something pretty good. There is a free version even though it is limited.

Cons

As with all products of this type the limitations may outweigh the advantages. It all depends on your business and situation.

Amazing software to create marketing handouts

Quite Good

Pros

The Software offers a wide range of templates for editing. We had a requirement for designng a pamplet and a leaflet and the templates offered by lucidpress had quite a good variety and designing options. Also the editing was quite easy as we could easily upload pictures as well as edit the background colors for the same. Also even without the paid subscription the software allows you to download the complete edited template in pdf as well as Jpeg form which is a good.

Cons

The subscription charges are a bit high for users who only have a one time requirement.Some additional features can be developed like more editing options and increasing templates for certain options like banners and magazines.

An Okay Brochure Builder

Overall, I've had a difficult time learning this software, but it's good once you get comfortable with the mechanics.

Pros

It's a good way to get all of what my company offers into one place for potential clients to see. Good organization software.

Cons

It's somewhat difficult to learn how to use and tricky to get the hang of. I prefer other softwares, but it's okay in a pinch

Lucid Press is Great for Designers

Pros

The many features that are part of Lucid Press make it very easy to create any document.

Cons

I used this software to create a print and digital magazine. Sometimes it was hard to accurately get everything the right size.

Modest User

It gives me the ability to save money as a small business owner without going to a graphic designer- do small projects/flyers immediately and send it to my printer. I also like the fact that I can become creative in ways that I never thought I could.

Pros

I like the fact that I could go right on to my computer and start designing my flyer immediately. The new search feature from Bing is great as I was able to bring up pictures I wanted in a flash!

Cons

Really nothing. There are little things that a real graphic designer would notice but for me it is really an advantage.

Blogger Creativity

Overall it gets the job done and I can make my own paper materials in the comfort of my office without going to a large print company.

Pros

Easy to make business cards, labels, and newsletters. They provide a number of templates for use for social media.

Cons

The organization of the software was a bit confusing to initially use. Finding the right template can also be a job that encompasses too much time.

Review of Lucidpress

Lucidpress has made communicating with the school families soooo much easier. I love the design freedoms and templates.

Pros

I love the ease of creating and sharing newsletters with the school community.

Cons

The only thing I find bothersome is when you copy and paste something that you can not just click it with the mouse. You need to use the control and letter keys to complete the task.

Good for beginners

Pros

With its ready made templates and easy interface, this software is great even for graphic design beginners. In fact, Lucidpress caters to any and all users, regardless of skill level or previous experience. A plus for me is that I can use it on my Chromebook.

Cons

Upgrading to pro version is necessary. I wish more fonts were available for free.