Lumen5 Logo

AI-based video creating, editing and marketing platform

Lumen5 Reviews - Page 2

Abigail N.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy way to convert blog posts to videos

Pros

Here's what I liked about Lumen5 1. Creating a video is pretty straightforward: After signing up, you'll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the create video button, after which you'll be shown 3 options, create a video from an article or blog post, copy & paste your content, or create a video from scratch. 2. Instant Videos: According to Lumen5 "These are intelligently crafted videos based on...

Cons

1. Instant Videos: I added 2 RSS feeds to Lumen5, one was to my LGBT book blog and the other was to my marketing blog. I wanted to see what intelligent videos they would create and while the video for my marketing blog was good, the videos for my book blog was horrible. The images suggested did not match any of the blog posts. This is probably because while they have a good media gallery, the images...

rw

roy w.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

best social media video content creation tool

I have been using lumen5 for almost a year and I have to say it is probably the best social media video content creation tool in the market. I would say it is the Canva of video, basically because you can create videos with no need of video editing knowledge. You can both upload your own videos or just use their media library to create your video. Just choose a template and type in your text. A killer...

Pros

- ease of use - you don´t need to have any technical knowledge on video creation. It is as easy as choosing a template depending on the social media channel you are publishing for, select from different formats and styles and just drag and drop content from the content library. - easy to change formats - for example if you have created a video for an instagram post and decide to re-use it for your tv screen or blog post you just choose a different template and the software will adapt your content for that particular style

Cons

The starter plan which is 29$ per month only gives the option of having 720px resolution videos If you wish you have 1080 resolution videos you have to upgrade to the premium plan which is 79$ per month which is quiet a high price if you are a freelancer.

David W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

User-friendly and Intuitive

Lumen5 makes video creation simple. The AI isn't very good - like most of their competitors. Just wish their pricing was so high.

Pros

Lumen5 is a great tool for creating videos quickly and easily. It’s very user-friendly and intuitive. The templates are great and make it easy to create videos that look professional.

Cons

The starter package is currently $79 USD. The basic package, which is $29 USD doesn't include 1080p video resolution. It is extremely pricy.

AK

Aisha K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Not a great value for your money

customer service and response was quick and timely but it's not worth the money in my opinion

Pros

The software was pretty easy to use, changing between formats for Facebook to IGTV was simple. If you enter a link/blog piece it would extract the text and create a template video for you to start working with which is good.

Cons

There are a lot of glitches with the software and it does not allow for customizations. For example, I tried exporting a video numerous times throughout a week and the audio and video was continuously out of sync even after I had reached out to customer support. It also doesn't allow for customizations like increasing the volume of the music. If you want to upload your own video and have music overlay...

OR

Oscar R.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Perfect for video production automation

Overall I'm happy but I miss more templates and pre-built elements.

Pros

It greatly facilitates the work of developing automatic video based image content and presentations. The development process is simple and fast. It is also a basic application but with many possibilities.

Cons

The learning time is somewhat expensive, it is a somewhat special application in terms of the interface. The number of templates and designs is not very high. Sometimes videos based on templates look more like a PowerPoint than a video.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

The best social media platform video.

I needed to create videos with my personal style. Luxury content with music of the highest quality harmonious, cultural and inspiring. With Lumen5 I can do all this, creating videos with text content and images, or just images, or just texts, and the best, combining my ideas according to Lumen's own image and video library! It is wonderful! It has mainly Hard Rock music to serve as soundtrack for my videos! I love you guys! Please feed the platform with more images and videos from Malibu, Los Angeles, California.

Pros

Lumen5 is the best video creation platform available. I feel happy and grateful to have been one of the first users in the community. I remember that I needed to create videos from my content for #LuxuryDistrict on Instagram and Youtube, but I did not know how to start. Suddenly I received an invitation from team, introducing the launch of the platform! I love you guys! I wish you all the blessings and success ever! Congratulations!

Cons

When the branding color palette was only put to premium users. But its alright! Lumen5 is evolving every day! Congratulations!

Achir s.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best Video creation tool based on AI features

Overall Lumen5 is an awesome tool for growth hackers and marketer like me who spend their time in creating video ads. The super impressed by the functionality of this tool. With the help of this tool I save most of my time, I just have to make minimal adjustments whenever I create video for our campaign.

Pros

The best part about this tool is that it allows you to create your blog post into a video, You don't have to write the blog post again it just simple copy pasting the URL and you are good to go. There are thousands of images and video clips available which you can use while editing, adding any new slide or section to the video. The tool is based on AI which makes it easy to use. The interface is very user friendly which makes the customization part easy even for a non-technical persons.

Cons

The least liking factor about this tool is that when you convert the blog post into a video you cannot change the content in the blog, it only fetch the result in the URL or the content you have published. Recently I created a video by converting my blog post but sometimes as blogger we made some typing or grammar mistakes I was unable to change the script in the blog which I think needs improvement. Another thing which I dislike is sometimes it takes a lot of time in rendering the video.

MO

Mohammed O.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

The fastest way to create social media advertising and videos

I was astonished when I found Lumen5 on the internet. Indeed, thanks to Lumen5 ready-to-use templates, I was able to build the winning footage and ad.

Pros

Creating and sharing content on social media has never been easier than it is with Lumen5. By using Lumen5, you don't have to rely on third-party designers and producers, or on complicated software or technology to create product promotions and featured films. When you use Lumen5 pre-made tools and templates, you'll be able to produce high-quality advertising panels and video effects that can be simply shared on social media.

Cons

Every tool you'll ever need is at your fingertips as soon as you start the app thanks to the user-friendly interface.

Ivan T.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Hope it gets better

I teste lumen5 for some months with a client or two, they liked it and used for a bit, but then it was to expensive, and there was to much extra work to do so that the videos came out with a purpose. So we searched for other tools.

Pros

So, I liked the concept that you can get a text or a zoom call and make them videos on brand.

Cons

I think the text-to-video only work for generic clips, videos with "purpose" don't come very well, images choosen by the AI are to generic, and if I have to edit it myself I prefer using cupcat or canva. Also the price is not very good.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Viral videos aren't just about being funny. They're about identity creation.

Lumen 5 is a great little tool to make quick videos to add to our blog posts or use as a post promotion on a variety of social media platforms.This is SO cool and informative

Pros

October 4, 2017 at 4:16 pm I have been wanting to find an easy program or app to create short videos but many seem complicated for me, but Lumen5 Surprised me.A skill that helped me interpret information in a rational way and manage information for a given time Duration. load of a lot of feature and components are available. plus This software allows to create short videos from the website / Blog...

Cons

It Requires Excellent Connection When creating videos. Video results is great if you have a great connection too..

Ale R.

Newspapers, 1-10 employees

Amazing, easy and fast for make video

We add more content value on our site, create a new way to distribute our content on new format. We have a growing youtube channel thanks to lumen5

Pros

Make videos is really expensive and time consuming. Lumen 5 is take to next level if you work with content. Is perfect, because today people consume content on post or video. We use it on somosmamas.com.ar to transform a post into a video in minutes, now we have a youtube channel and growing. - Easy to use - Good library - Fun to use - Low cost for make a video - access to premium library - improved every single day - dont have to writte, import text for articles - Non video expert need (forget about adobe premiere) - Fast result -Perfect for brief video (1-1.30min) - Great for add a video to your content At the moment is the best solution for video. Fast, Easy and good end result

Cons

- not all video format - need to have better personalization - without a discount is not cheap - no audio recording at the moment (no voice over) - sometimes take time on rendering the video - need more text animation

Pedro B.

Simple Modern and Practical Video Maker / Editor

Pros

It's really cool to use Lumen 5 to edit videos and create unique content. The free plan already provides many options to use, I can create videos with images or just texts that I don't appear on. For those who are embarrassed to show up, this is very good. There is an excellent option in Lumen 5 that allows me to capture my Blog content, such as articles and automatically convert it to videos. This...

Cons

I have no disagreements with Lumen 5 , a word against this tool is totally unnecessary.

Amazing tool for creating shareable videos in minutes

Pros

At the risk of sounding dramatic, Lumen5 was a gamechanger. While I typically don't use the blog-to-video feature as much, it's really cool and lets you create videos for social media easily - even for those without experience in video editing software. Engagement on my clients' social media account has gone way up since I started using more video.

Cons

The ONLY issue I have is when uploading your own video footage, sometimes the "timing" seems off as it's based on the amount of text, and consequently, the video almost flickers for a moment. However, this is very trivial and definitely not anything to worry about - I don't think most people would notice.

JM

Joyce M.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and a great ROI

Lumen makes it easy to create videos and share it to social media. Their support team is amazing and is a tool that works for me and my business.

Pros

I love how I'm easily able to make videos in a faster pace than before. Its a simple to use software and for that my business has grown.

Cons

Rendering time may take up to 10 minutes.

CM

Connor M.

11-50 employees

Amazing video creator and editor that allows you to upload a blog post for automatic video creation

Easily created dozens of videos for our marketing purposes. This is something I would not have thought one person would have been able to do but I was able to churn out videos without having a team to help.

Pros

We never purchased this because the free version was absolutely amazing. I was surprised there was so much functionality in the base version. The one thing the free version didn't have that I would have paid for is HD video quality but it was still good enough for our purposes. The integrated stock photos, video backgrounds, and background music is fantastic and was something I used extensively in our marketing.

Cons

It's amazing, but the one thing I wish existed that I brought up to their team is if you duplicate a previously made video, you can't change the blog post associated with it in their interface that allows you to easily copy and paste text from the blog post that the video is intended for. This is such a small complaint for an amazing free product.

MS

Mani S.

My observation of the Lumen 5

I am not going to use it, and there are too many emails sent by the team promoting but not focused on the main product that needs significant improvements. The pricing is not compatible with the offer. Every email I sent was responded to with a sales message or a webinar invite.

Pros

It is software meant for rookies and people with very little knowledge about video creation and editing.

Cons

The AI component is not desirable as it does not relate to the script you uploaded. It does not have many features that you can work and consider it helpful editing or creating tools. Most of the assets are not listed as free or pro. It prompts only when you choose and realize you wasted your time.

JF

Jessica F.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Perfect for social videos!

Overall, great experience!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and makes professional social videos, sized for different platforms. The video can be customized with your campaign logo and the highlight can be set to a specific color using the hex code from design files.

Cons

The two major cons: 1) It takes forever to render the video once created. 2) The highlight can only be placed on one section of the text, not in two different sections. That makes picking what to highlight a little tricky and it's not always exactly what you want.

James M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Final analysis

There is only problem I am solving now. Getting clients for my business.

Pros

Easy to use, most importantly it is highly professional and attractive. I like music and all features. I think most of contacts and connection will go for it sooner than later.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was when it failed to reach the URL I entered.

MM

Mario M.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

My clients love its videos

I am very happy with it and I can tell that adding this kind of videos to my websites definitely make them stand out.

Pros

It has a very wide variety of HD videos and images. They also have them frequently updtated unlike other competitors whose videos look old-fashioned and very generic. Whenever I add a video from Lumen5 into a website, my clients love how they look.

Cons

The fact that sometimes the videos are downloaded in a 720p quality instead of 1080p. But that is not something that happens a lot.

Shannon Simone M.

Pro Videos with ease

Lumen5 will have you look like a video Pro and no time you can turn your blog of content post into a live and gauging video in a matter of minutes. The simple to use interface edits and renders super fast.

Pros

What I like most about lumen5 video software is it makes anybody look like a pro and is an absolute blast to use. The software the must have for Content marketing and comes with a free robust Library a video photo and music as well as templates. You can easily import your own content or start a piece of content from scratch it's a super fast way to turn a piece of content into a video for your social sharing platforms in a flash.

Cons

There's is nothing to not love about the software.

Linda R.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

A valuable video tool for teams of any size

This is a great tool! I suggest that anyone - soloprenuers, freelancers, larger teams - try this at least once because you'll quickly see that it's a great addition to your toolkit. We have a full-time video team and we still use this on a regular basis.

Pros

It is so easy to use, and it is versatile. Great selection of stock footage, super easy to preview and edit, and output quality is high. All around, it's a great way for small teams to quickly create videos but it still scales up for larger teams who can afford to upgrade.

Cons

Exporting sometimes takes an extremely long time, and you never know when that will happen. It's a little hard if you're up against a deadline and that particular glitch occurs.

Sr. Brittany H.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Create Quick Text Based Videos for Social Media

Pros

I ran across Lumen5 when looking for a user-friendly site for branding and creating my own short videos for promoting our company. The videos were easy to build and offered a lot of stock video and photos. I can create a video in about 30 minutes (max) and format and reformat it for different platforms with ease.

Cons

I wish I could integrate my own audio or even voice overs. Its limited in that you can only use text and stock audio. It is also very expensive compared to what you can do with it. I may switch to another product next year.

Ron Elius S.

One of my most favorite Video Creation and Marketing Tool

Satisfied!

Pros

I instantly became a huge fan for this tool because of how easy it is to create Videos for your Content Marketing or Video Creation. Their Machine Learning is great! It automatically customize the duration of a "Slide" to the amount of text you inputted. That's really a time-saver for most of us! I will also going to add the vast amount of customization you can do when you create your own Video, and this sometimes can overwhelm you in a good way. Furthermore, the Stock Images, Text, Audio, etc., is huge! Customize what you need and with their Machine Learning... Videos are rich and amazing.

Cons

Maybe the duration of the conversion takes long but it produces the best quality so it outweighs the Cons. Customize Search can be improved.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Want easy to make Business Insider style videos? This is the tool for you

It's quick, powerful and lets you create truly custom assets if you put in a little extra effort to prepare your own materials to upload to the platform first.

Pros

Lumen5 is awesome. In about 5 minutes you can take any text, whether from a blog post or just copy and pasted into the tool, and create high quality 'Business Insider' style videos with just a few clicks. It's a great and convenient way to keep up with the demands of constantly needing to push out video for use on social media. The fact that you can upload your own images and videos to use in the different scenes also means that you can use this tool to create truly stunning client assets in a fraction of the time.

Cons

Once you input your script, whether its from a link to a blog post, or copy and pasted in... you can't edit it. You *can* add a line or two manually, but I've found the system doesn't do its job as well on the automated creative side if you do this. That means that if you find you want to add any text to your script after you've already started a video, your best and fastest option is just to head back to your dashboard and start fresh.

Deepak M.

Education Management, self-employed

Review of Lumen5

Overall I was quite happy with the way Lumen5 worked and with the final product.

Pros

In general, the software is able to generate videos from scripts quite well. What I like most is that the video clips used do not interfere with the message one is seeking to convey. Editing and advanced editing are also fairly easy.

Cons

A voice-over feature with readymade voices will be a nice touch to the video creation process.