All categories

Lumen5

AI-based video creating, editing and marketing platform

Lumen5 Reviews - Page 2

Final analysis

There is only problem I am solving now. Getting clients for my business.

Pros

Easy to use, most importantly it is highly professional and attractive. I like music and all features. I think most of contacts and connection will go for it sooner than later.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was when it failed to reach the URL I entered.

Pro Videos with ease

Lumen5 will have you look like a video Pro and no time you can turn your blog of content post into a live and gauging video in a matter of minutes. The simple to use interface edits and renders super fast.

Pros

What I like most about lumen5 video software is it makes anybody look like a pro and is an absolute blast to use. The software the must have for Content marketing and comes with a free robust Library a video photo and music as well as templates. You can easily import your own content or start a piece of content from scratch it's a super fast way to turn a piece of content into a video for your social sharing platforms in a flash.

Cons

There's is nothing to not love about the software.

One of my most favorite Video Creation and Marketing Tool

Satisfied!

Pros

I instantly became a huge fan for this tool because of how easy it is to create Videos for your Content Marketing or Video Creation. Their Machine Learning is great! It automatically customize the duration of a "Slide" to the amount of text you inputted. That's really a time-saver for most of us! I will also going to add the vast amount of customization you can do when you create your own Video, and this sometimes can overwhelm you in a good way. Furthermore, the Stock Images, Text, Audio, etc., is huge! Customize what you need and with their Machine Learning... Videos are rich and amazing.

Cons

Maybe the duration of the conversion takes long but it produces the best quality so it outweighs the Cons. Customize Search can be improved.

Want easy to make Business Insider style videos? This is the tool for you

It's quick, powerful and lets you create truly custom assets if you put in a little extra effort to prepare your own materials to upload to the platform first.

Pros

Lumen5 is awesome. In about 5 minutes you can take any text, whether from a blog post or just copy and pasted into the tool, and create high quality 'Business Insider' style videos with just a few clicks. It's a great and convenient way to keep up with the demands of constantly needing to push out video for use on social media. The fact that you can upload your own images and videos to use in the different scenes also means that you can use this tool to create truly stunning client assets in a fraction of the time.

Cons

Once you input your script, whether its from a link to a blog post, or copy and pasted in... you can't edit it. You *can* add a line or two manually, but I've found the system doesn't do its job as well on the automated creative side if you do this. That means that if you find you want to add any text to your script after you've already started a video, your best and fastest option is just to head back to your dashboard and start fresh.

How Book Trailers Are Born

I have created some of the most remarkable book trailers using Lumen5; book trailers that have been highly complimented and shared across social media. They are an integral part of my marketing process and I can't imagine being without them.

Pros

As a creator, Lumen5 is a dream for me. When I decided to make book trailers, I had no idea how I could go about it, but this is SO easy to use and the catalog of available royalty-free options is immense. I have made nearly ten trailers but, aside from shared themes depending on the novel portrayed, each one is unique. From still pictures to video clips and to music - I never run out of ways to express myself and to showcase my work.

Cons

I didn't like how, when I'd go back to re-edit older book trailers, the formatting would change on its own upon loading. I've since gotten used to that and I can quickly fix it. But, I'm still not sure why that happens.

Very Easy to Use Tool for Creating Great Social Media Videos

Makes my messages stand out against the plain text versions of my competitors.

Pros

It is super easy to create social media videos using plain text or blog content. I use it to promote events and interesting new product features to share on our social media channels. I have been using the free version for a while and you miss no functionalities whatsoever, the only thing is the video quality is lower than if you have a paid account which is fine for our business. Am considering an upgrade.

Cons

No big dislikes but it would be great if you could also upload your own music files, currently you can only use the music they have in their own database which is free to use and probably the reason why.

Blogs To Videos (Out of Thin Air!)

Pros

Lumen5 is so flipping easy to use! That is what I like most about the software. I also like the fact of how powerful making these videos for your posts can be. You are able to make videos not off of a post as well and just on the fly. This is very helpful when making a little promo or explainer video.

Cons

I do know that there are other competitors that are emerging since the release of Lumen5. I am just hoping that they stay ahead of the curve and continue to develop the software further and add more features.

Lumen5

Pros

I really like how easy Lumen5 use to use to create awesome video

Cons

I dislike the pricing. I had access to Lumen5 via appsumo for 1 year.

Time saving video creation software

Lumen5 has helped me become more productive by saving time on video creation that I need for myself and my clients.

Pros

I love that Lumen5 has made creating a video from an article so easy with such great-looking results.

Cons

Customization of fonts and styles was limited, but has recently expanded and so I'm continuing to use this tool more often.

The Ultimate Alchemist!

This is an essential software for any social media marketer or blogger that wants to upcycle content into videos. Lumen5 does the work so that I don't have to waste my time. It allows me to do so much more...with so much less.

Pros

I work hard and I often don't have the time and energy to create multiple forms of content. Lumen5 does that for me. It takes the sweat that I put into writing my blog posts and turns them into attention-grabbing videos...instantly. All I have to do is spend a few minutes reviewing the content and then, click, I have a video. I love how Lumen5 offers a bank of images to choose from and then has an algorithm that fits them with my content. I love how I can alter texts, add music and speed up or slow down the images. Basically, I love that Lumen5 not only saves me time, but also gives me the freedom to customise my videos. What a software!

Cons

The functionality of voiceovers needs some attention. I'd like greater control over where I place them and how they fit into each slide.

When Lumen5 says, "Create a Video in Minutes", they weren't joking!!

Creating more professional style videos is flawless with Lume5!

Pros

I love Lumen5 for short videos and animated videos for my social media clients. It truly is easy to easy and has a great user interface!

Cons

I usually do not like to complain about prices but Lumen5 is pricey! Starting at $19/month, on top of other services that I pay for as a marketing consultant, this seems a bit steep!

If you are blogging, you need this tool! :-)

Easy and fast production of great videos.

Pros

This tool scans your blog posts and generates videos on his own, using the written words in your blog posts as a sort of subtitles, and searching and using to this subtitles fitting pictures. You are able the change the words, change the pictures, using background music... If you know how, a new video may be produced in less than 30 minutes (or even much faster).

Cons

To highlight the text or to change the text is sometimes a bit frustrating (at least on my laptop). When you are ready it takes several minutes to generate your (downloadable) video.

MAKING VIDEOS WITH LUMEN5

Over, Lumen5 was a good investment and I especially loved the quality of the video.

Pros

I love the fact that I can make Videos Ads for my trainings with Lumen5 which delivers the message I want to pass across.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it's not so easy to manipulate Lumen5 especially while using the edit button. A newcomer to the app may find it cumbersome.

Great for short, simple, text-based videos.

I was lucky enough to have a free 1 year subscription from AppSumo, and enjoyed it while I used it. I did not renew after the deal ended.

Pros

It made it really easy to share videos frequently on social media, without having to shoot any footage. Ideal for sharing quick tips, news, etc.

Cons

Resizing videos wasn't flawless, and sometimes updates wouldn't be saved causing work to be lost. Thankfully, it wasn't frequent.

Lumen5's AI Is So Helpful

I have saved so much money being able to produce my own quality videos and upload them to YouTube, Instagram, FB, and Twitter. LOVE this program.

Pros

Once you copy and paste your content, the AI chooses the text to highlight and it is a huge time saver. The stock video, music, and photo selection are fantastic. Being able to change the speed is also helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the AI puts too much text in a single frame and I had to learn how to separate the slides, but they have a great FB group that was really helpful.

Software Review

Been able to create short videos in under half an hour for bloggers and small businesses. Outstanding live action visual and stock music.

Pros

Easy to use. Access from all devices available. Have not experieneced any glitvhes.

Cons

The software on video play back/preview is a little delayed. However unsure if that is also affected by my wifi signal.

saves time while creating video

Time saving and easy to manage

Pros

I had to spend hours on creating video content for my business. Lumen5 has optimized my time, now I'm able to create videos from posts in 5 minutes. I also have access to a wide range oh high quality images

Cons

The subscription is pricey. It will improve if templates and more text style options are added. Also, Video recording should be supported too.

Hi Leonard, Thanks for the review! We're so glad it's saving you time. Just out of curiosity, how much time on average has it saved you per video? Thanks!

The best video making website ever!

Pros

As a small local business, it can be hard sometimes to find a good product that meets all your expectations for a lower budget. Lumen5 has made us loads of successful advertising campaigns that took less then a few minutes to set up. Absolutely amazing piece of software!

Cons

Personally I love the product the way it is, but it might've been very helpful if there was more ways of personalisation (creating own styles, uploading brand fonts, etc)

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

Pros

- you can make a video from a post in 2 minutes: just paste the link, choose the titles, put some images/videos, and its done! - you have unlimited videos per month - you have access to premium stock images and videos to put in your videos - you can export in 720p or 1080p (depends on your plan)

Cons

- you do not have pre-existent templates - its expensive for what it does: 99/per month in the premium plan

Does what it needs to.

Pros

One of the most trusted software for its functionality

Cons

Pricing is a little high. There are other software that do the same at a slightly lower price

Awesome Video Creator

Pros

The best feature I love is the Text to Video feature because I just need to copy and paste the article URL then Lumen5 will turn it to video

Cons

None as of now. I will edit this review if I found something which is not to my liking and affect other users

Great service

Pros

I love the instant videos feature. Posts from my website are extracted automatically to Lumen 5 and instantly are ready for further editing. I also love the brand preset feature, where your logo, branding colors, fonts etc are set up only once and then are available any time with one click.

Cons

I find their starter plan expensive for someone who does not a heavy content creator and needs it a couple of time during the month.

easy to use

Quick customer support when needed. Really didn't need help with much since it's very intuitive and easy to use software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Great customization options available a selection of media as well. Can also keep track of sites you want to automatically create new videos in the future.

Cons

Might be costly for smaller operations or independent users. Recommended for businesses or power users easily.

Story Time!

Huzzah! I really recommend Lumen5!

Pros

I really like the fact that Lumen5 helps you tell a story. In fact it will take any script you give it and translate it into a visual story, in movie format. It's really smooth, and the AI is impressive. It really knows how to pull the "juicy" parts from any story. In addition, its a full fledged video story board app. It lets you create your own movies however you want to. I also like the fact that it will turn my blog RSS into videos for me.

Cons

I don't really understand the purpose of having more than one workspace.

Customizeable when you need it, automated when you don't

We needed to create quality, meaningful videos with a small, nimble team with little editing/production know-how, and Lumen5 has allowed us to do exactly that.

Pros

We can turn out quality, engaging videos in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The amount of customizeable options isn't quite where I'd like it to be yet, but there seems to be more updates to the platform every day, so I'm confident that it's getting there.