Lumen5 Logo

AI-based video creating, editing and marketing platform

Lumen5 Reviews - Page 3

NS

Nirav S.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Useful video creation platform for making videos with text

Back in 2017 when I started my video creation journey I came across Lumen5. Video creation platforms like Adobe and DaVinci Resolve were the best in the market but were expensive. Lumen5 helped create basic video quickly. But now there are thousand of video editing platforms which can help you create much better videos than Lumen5.

Pros

1. Easy to use 2. Handy text boxes to add within the videos 3. No video editing experience is needed to get started

Cons

1. It is a little expensive 2. Voice over not available 3. Other tools with better features are available

Nevlynn J.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very Easy to Use Tool for Creating Great Social Media Videos

Makes my messages stand out against the plain text versions of my competitors.

Pros

It is super easy to create social media videos using plain text or blog content. I use it to promote events and interesting new product features to share on our social media channels. I have been using the free version for a while and you miss no functionalities whatsoever, the only thing is the video quality is lower than if you have a paid account which is fine for our business. Am considering an upgrade.

Cons

No big dislikes but it would be great if you could also upload your own music files, currently you can only use the music they have in their own database which is free to use and probably the reason why.

Ametra R.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

How Book Trailers Are Born

I have created some of the most remarkable book trailers using Lumen5; book trailers that have been highly complimented and shared across social media. They are an integral part of my marketing process and I can't imagine being without them.

Pros

As a creator, Lumen5 is a dream for me. When I decided to make book trailers, I had no idea how I could go about it, but this is SO easy to use and the catalog of available royalty-free options is immense. I have made nearly ten trailers but, aside from shared themes depending on the novel portrayed, each one is unique. From still pictures to video clips and to music - I never run out of ways to express myself and to showcase my work.

Cons

I didn't like how, when I'd go back to re-edit older book trailers, the formatting would change on its own upon loading. I've since gotten used to that and I can quickly fix it. But, I'm still not sure why that happens.

SS

Suzanne S.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Too much editing required

It wasn't a good fit for me. I'm glad I had a year to try it without paying. I wouldn't have been happy paying for what I got.

Pros

I got a year's use of their higher tier for free. That's really about all I can say in terms of pros.

Cons

The slides weren't broken up in a way that made sense. The photos and videos the program chose to accompany the text didn't relate to the text, and very often there were limited resources available to use with the text for the videos. There was just not enough relevance and the videos took too much time to edit that it wasn't workable for me.

Marco M.

E-Learning, self-employed

The Ultimate Alchemist!

This is an essential software for any social media marketer or blogger that wants to upcycle content into videos. Lumen5 does the work so that I don't have to waste my time. It allows me to do so much more...with so much less.

Pros

I work hard and I often don't have the time and energy to create multiple forms of content. Lumen5 does that for me. It takes the sweat that I put into writing my blog posts and turns them into attention-grabbing videos...instantly. All I have to do is spend a few minutes reviewing the content and then, click, I have a video. I love how Lumen5 offers a bank of images to choose from and then has an algorithm that fits them with my content. I love how I can alter texts, add music and speed up or slow down the images. Basically, I love that Lumen5 not only saves me time, but also gives me the freedom to customise my videos. What a software!

Cons

The functionality of voiceovers needs some attention. I'd like greater control over where I place them and how they fit into each slide.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Time saving video creation software

Lumen5 has helped me become more productive by saving time on video creation that I need for myself and my clients.

Pros

I love that Lumen5 has made creating a video from an article so easy with such great-looking results.

Cons

Customization of fonts and styles was limited, but has recently expanded and so I'm continuing to use this tool more often.

Hossamudin H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

A great tool for 1 click video making

Good experience.

Pros

I like how it is so easy to create a video without even copying and pasting the script/Article. I just put the link, and start the creation, and rest easy.

Cons

Well, I hate that I got copyright claim using a free music... so I don't know why it happened...

Eduardo C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The Easiest Form to Create Quick Videos

I needed videos created quickly and without having to hire video editors.

Pros

I needed to create quick video ads for social and Youtube. Lumen5 allows me to simply put a landing page and it will fetch and create a video, quickly.

Cons

It is a bit expensive and I was able to find other products with a better value

Matthias S.

If you are blogging, you need this tool! :-)

Easy and fast production of great videos.

Pros

This tool scans your blog posts and generates videos on his own, using the written words in your blog posts as a sort of subtitles, and searching and using to this subtitles fitting pictures. You are able the change the words, change the pictures, using background music... If you know how, a new video may be produced in less than 30 minutes (or even much faster).

Cons

To highlight the text or to change the text is sometimes a bit frustrating (at least on my laptop). When you are ready it takes several minutes to generate your (downloadable) video.

EL

Ettore L.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Quello che serve per creare Storie e video interessanti

Sono riuscito a creare brevi video molto esplicativi che ho utilizzato per le mie storie Instagram e non solo.

Pros

Mi piace molto Lumen 5 perche' posso creare interessanti video informativi semplicemente collegando il link degli articoli e ricreare il contenuto in ottimi video.Lo trovo ottimo anche in fase di creazione formato video per le Facebook Ads.Gli effetti transazionali sono veramente carini, non posso che consigliarlo. Ottima la libreria da cui incorporare i video.

Cons

Mi piacerebbe avere una maggiore scelta nel sound per i video, ho trovato alcune traccie audio poco coinvolgenti per i miei lavori, ma non mi posso comunque lamentare.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

E-Learning, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Great for short, simple, text-based videos.

I was lucky enough to have a free 1 year subscription from AppSumo, and enjoyed it while I used it. I did not renew after the deal ended.

Pros

It made it really easy to share videos frequently on social media, without having to shoot any footage. Ideal for sharing quick tips, news, etc.

Cons

Resizing videos wasn't flawless, and sometimes updates wouldn't be saved causing work to be lost. Thankfully, it wasn't frequent.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Lumen5's AI Is So Helpful

I have saved so much money being able to produce my own quality videos and upload them to YouTube, Instagram, FB, and Twitter. LOVE this program.

Pros

Once you copy and paste your content, the AI chooses the text to highlight and it is a huge time saver. The stock video, music, and photo selection are fantastic. Being able to change the speed is also helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the AI puts too much text in a single frame and I had to learn how to separate the slides, but they have a great FB group that was really helpful.

AL

Ash-Lee J.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

I was recommended it by a friend about a year and a half ago and use it as a focal point for the social media aspect of the business.

Pros

I like the ability to very quickly put together montage's that help explain my business in an illustrative format.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find the gifs/ images that you want to fit your mindset but that's to be expected.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Software Review

Been able to create short videos in under half an hour for bloggers and small businesses. Outstanding live action visual and stock music.

Pros

Easy to use. Access from all devices available. Have not experieneced any glitvhes.

Cons

The software on video play back/preview is a little delayed. However unsure if that is also affected by my wifi signal.

MP

Miguel P.

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

Pros

- you can make a video from a post in 2 minutes: just paste the link, choose the titles, put some images/videos, and its done! - you have unlimited videos per month - you have access to premium stock images and videos to put in your videos - you can export in 720p or 1080p (depends on your plan)

Cons

- you do not have pre-existent templates - its expensive for what it does: 99/per month in the premium plan

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Great service

Pros

I love the instant videos feature. Posts from my website are extracted automatically to Lumen 5 and instantly are ready for further editing. I also love the brand preset feature, where your logo, branding colors, fonts etc are set up only once and then are available any time with one click.

Cons

I find their starter plan expensive for someone who does not a heavy content creator and needs it a couple of time during the month.

SS

Sherwin S.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

easy to use

Quick customer support when needed. Really didn't need help with much since it's very intuitive and easy to use software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Great customization options available a selection of media as well. Can also keep track of sites you want to automatically create new videos in the future.

Cons

Might be costly for smaller operations or independent users. Recommended for businesses or power users easily.

Loraine B.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Customizeable when you need it, automated when you don't

We needed to create quality, meaningful videos with a small, nimble team with little editing/production know-how, and Lumen5 has allowed us to do exactly that.

Pros

We can turn out quality, engaging videos in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The amount of customizeable options isn't quite where I'd like it to be yet, but there seems to be more updates to the platform every day, so I'm confident that it's getting there.

Denise T.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Lume5 Honest Review

Overall its a very good software. If you need a quick and easy video creator than this is the way yo go.

Pros

It is very simple to use. Beginner friendly. A variety of templates to choose from. Most outstanding feature is the option to take a link on any article or blog post and Lume5 will rewrite the script and create a video on the article with ease.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue with captions. I couldn't seem to be able to customize or add captions on certain templates.

IO

Ifeoma O.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

MAKING VIDEOS WITH LUMEN5

Over, Lumen5 was a good investment and I especially loved the quality of the video.

Pros

I love the fact that I can make Videos Ads for my trainings with Lumen5 which delivers the message I want to pass across.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it's not so easy to manipulate Lumen5 especially while using the edit button. A newcomer to the app may find it cumbersome.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Video Creation Made Easy!

Pros

Simple and straight forward. We create a lot of videos to go with our clients blogs each month.

Cons

I find the software isn't evolving as quickly as other that I use.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Lumen5 a fantastic video creation tool

This video software will be an enormous help in getting your message out to social media visually.

Pros

So easy to use with a mountain of images and music to choose from. Creating a video has never been easier!

Cons

Nothing - it ticks all the boxes. If you want to add your own images and music background you will need a purchased software copy.

DC

Deni C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Lumen5 for my business

I'm able to deliver really nice videos to post on social media. People view them! So far, I don't believe it's "helped" with my business, but at least for now, I'm serving (hopefully) more people in a different way. I have had a great experience with customer support in answering my questions in a timely manner.

Pros

Being a creative....it's FUN to use! I love seeing my articles turned into a video. I'm able to really capture the heart of my content (the viewer doesn't know what's missing).

Cons

I want to be able to put my website URL on the last page with my logo, or signature picture. When I had the free version, I was able to do this. I just upgraded to the paid version...and I can't? Weird. I think a lot of this is the fact that you can't adjust the font size. This would be a huge asset in creation. Also, I'd say that when you choose a "highlight" color for your font, you have to be super careful with choosing your background images. It can get lost...unless you put it in a box, which I don't always think looks attractive. That's not totally negative, just an observation.

CA

Camille A.

The time it takes to create a simple text-based videos in Lumen5 is just amazing

Pros

Currently subscribed to their Lumen Pro for a year. Here's my pros: - auto create videos based on my blog posts. - have unlimited videos per month - can export in 720p - no branding

Cons

- Not that cheap - Sometimes the wrong image gets recommended. - The rendering is slow at times.

NC

Nathan C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good for short videos

Good for short and simple videos but if the video is more complex or long the images generated on the video doesn’t match that much and it’s harder to edit the full video image by image

Pros

For short and simple videos it’s really good

Cons

The images could be more related to the part of the video it’s inserted. A lot of times when using the text to video feature the text is not related to the image that is added