Lumen5 Logo

AI-based video creating, editing and marketing platform

Lumen5 Reviews - Page 4

RY

Reggie Y.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Does what it needs to.

Pros

One of the most trusted software for its functionality

Cons

Pricing is a little high. There are other software that do the same at a slightly lower price

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great tool for creating videos quickly

While I wouldn't say Lumen5 is the best video editing software out there, it saves a ton of time creating videos that are based around your existing content (ie blog posts). Great for content marketing.

Pros

- has an innovation automation engine that can almost create videos for you - really easy to use - easy to create videos for each social platform

Cons

- some of the editing features are lacking, particularly when you want to make your video a bit more customized - no audio recording

Zy

Zohaib y.

Design, 1-10 employees

Make Videos Easily

Well my experience is good I use to create small videos on lumen for my social media. But now I am switched to After effects which is definitely a huge leap.

Pros

Lumen5 is one of my favorite product the best thing about lumen5 that you don't need any prior video making knowledge it's super easy to use and the results you can produce with it are wonderful. It also empowers the small startups who are looking to create content for their social media marketing.

Cons

Well the least favorite thing about lumen5 is lack of features as compared to other conventional video editing software so for the experienced people it's not a ideal option.

JC

Joe C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Just an okay product...

There is a great need in the marketing/advertising industry for a tool like this but Lumen5 just comes up short in a few areas. I did not find this tool easy to use at all. It's a great concept but I was unable to produce an end product that I was happy with.

Pros

I like their concept of having an easy way for a non-techy person to be able to create a video using templates.

Cons

I found this software to be non-user-friendly and difficult to use. I was not able to produce a well-done video using this tool. It was not intuitive.

Arheer G.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

A good platform to create videos quickly

I have used Lumen5 to create business videos. The final output quality was good. As a newbie, it was easy to learn the tool. Although, templates are not the best. Most of the templates look similar.

Pros

- No learning curve to use the tool. It is very simple to use the platform - Good media library - Video quality post render is good

Cons

- Video-over is bad. They need to rebuild this - Most of the templates look the same - Cannot make animated videos

SQ

Stephanie Q.

Publishing, self-employed

Easy and Looks great!

Pros

It's easy to put together a great quality video with very little technical skills--or none at all! I also like the awesome variety of media available to use including video clips!

Cons

Hmmm... I'm thinking... still thinking...

Gita G.

Great software for creating quick videos for & from blog posts.

I increase my brand visibility on Social Media by creating short videos in no time.

Pros

This is a super awesome software, that helps to create great videos by entering a blog post URL and utilizing their special AI to create a script for one's video, including images. One can also just copy and paste any text - it doesn't need to be linked to a post. Video creating process is easy and simple. It provides images and short video clips, as well music that one can use for their video.

Cons

I am still in a process of exploring, creating and learning, so can't really answer state the cons.

Yvonne G.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Amazing way to make simple videos

Lumen5 is my go-to when I need to make a video for something that needs more words than anything else. I have used this software to share my short stories and poetry, as well as articles I've written. It's a handy tool for a full-time writer!

Pros

I love that you can turn articles and blog posts into videos with limited time put in. I love that there is free music you can add to the videos. The ease fo use of this product makes it a must - especially as an author (I use it to make book trailers).

Cons

I'd like to see more music options... something more diverse. A lot of the songs sound too similar to one another.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Easy Way to Make Captioned Videos Fast

Overall, I like Lumen5 because it makes repurposing my blog content into video an easier and quick process. It also helps me make visually appealing videos quicker.

Pros

You can upload a link to an article and lumen5 will automatically create a video with images and captions. This makes the video creation process quicker and easier.

Cons

Sometimes the automated captions do not actually make sense and you will have to go into the video and re-edit.

Scott F.

Lumen5 Videos not so sure about

I was able to make a video, not sure I'll be using it much from here on forward.

Pros

I was wanting to make some marketing videos with Lumen5. I did receive a year for free of their base service, it was a great deal. The interface is pretty easy, had an issue, but quickly found an answer online.

Cons

My video clips were not playing all the way through, I had to extend the clip to get it to play all the way through, there is no way to change the length of each clip, or at least not apparent to me. I'm not sure I'll be using it much longer. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Diego I.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best tool to level up your marketing!!

Pros

Ease of use in video creation! Fast rendering and proper aspect ratio for social platforms

Cons

Nothing! I expect software to continue to improve over time with more selection of transitions

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Easy video creator

Pros

This is a very cool way to make videos. It's a really simple drag-and-drop design that let's you add images, short clips, text, and music. They have lots of free stock images and sound clips to use, which is very helpful.

Cons

More template designs would be great, plus some additional music clips. But those are just wish list items. The overall product is great.

Photography, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Simple tool for social videos

Using it to create social videos to promote blog posts.

Pros

This is very simple to use, so there's not much to it. I was able to produce about 10 social videos in less than 40 minutes, and it was the first time I had tried using the software so no major pitfalls there. I like the fact that you can select different kinds of transitions and templates. There's also an option to add music to your video, so that's nice as well.

Cons

For the lifetime plan that I got through Appsumo, I was not able to produce HD videos and the SD quality pixelated some of my images. I also would have liked to be able to upload custom fonts, which is an option, but you have to pay for it separately. The transitions are not as easy to edit and when the tool picked up the images by itself from a blog post, it captured some photos that had nothing to do with it. Other than this, it does what it should!

Richard M.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Great video software

Happy with this product overall and use whenever I have a need.

Pros

I use this to create social media videos to advertise jobs I am recruiting for and it is one of the best I have tried tend to use it on the free license version as do not need the upgrade at the moment

Cons

little clunky to use when you use a document to create content but with a little time, it comes right.

William T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Greatest Software for short videos

Great way to reach potential prospects easily

Pros

The simplicity of using it and the quality of it is fantastic

Cons

Nothing, I love everything about it couldn’t be easier to use

RS

Rachael S.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Lumen 5 Review

I never regretted using Lumen 5

Pros

I like how I'm able to make HD videos in just 2 minutes

Cons

The software is great but it should be more mobile friendly.

Used other for less than 6 months

Create videos in a blink of an eye

Pros

I got a 1 year free deal of this tool from Appsumo and I'm in love with the tool. I'm a blogger and I use videos to grab user attention. Lumen5 helps me create an informational video for my blog posts in less than 5 minutes. By videos, I mean professional looking videos that have proper moving images and good running background music. I love the tool. Period.

Cons

Nothing wrong with the tool but their media library should have a better search because I got weird images while doing the search for the background images.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Awesome video program!

Pros

I typically make our videos using Premiere, but this is a fantastic alternative. It pulls everything straight out of the blog so all you have to do is pick which parts of the text you want to use. It will even pre-load an image it thinks goes well, this can easily be changed, and is full of awesome music to go with it.

Cons

It would be nice to highlight different sections of the same slide, but all in all, it makes you really think about what is important in the slide instead.

AZ

Alexa Z.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Love Video Making With This App

Very generous platform and so easy to use! I highly recommend Lumen5!!

Pros

I love creating videos with Lumen5. So excited to see all the new HD videos to add as well! It makes it so simple to create! Love it!

Cons

It can be difficult to add pages where you want them to be FROM the text you import. The typically are added to the bottom of the video.

Used other for 6-12 months

Lumen 5 is awesome

I love using Lumen 5 to create quick videos

Pros

Fast and easy software to create quick videos with text.

Cons

You must pay to upgrade for additional features and customizations.

Nathan S.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Great for making shore 2min videos

Pros

Auto generates a 2min video from a webpage or article

Cons

Your somewhat limited with how much custamization you can do.

Grade A for Lumen

Pros

Lumen5 is a dream when it comes to make a video to support your article or blog post. The ease of use, the pre-set options, the accompanying photos and music all make this a top notch product. The free version has almost everything.

Cons

I wish there was a tier for paying. The price tag for a paid account cost more than I make on the videos now and I'd love for tier pricing or per video pricing. Also the inability to do voice overs takes from this software.

Krystal L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Awesome way to video maker on minutes

Nowadays people on social media like more video than images, so this has helped us to create great videos to have more likes.

Pros

I really like how fastest I can create a video to publish on different social media platforms without previous video editing knowledge.

Cons

I would like the free version removes the watermark logo.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great platform to make sharable videos

Overall, this is a great tool if you want to created sharable videos.

Pros

We have used this a couple of times to make promotional videos for my company. The best part about this platform are the templates that you can use that will dictate the look and feel of the video. Coupled with sounds and music that are suppled for free (some things you'll need to pay for) has more than enough options for any video. There are so many stock photos to choose from as well. It is a very intuitive platform, so the learning curve is not that much either.

Cons

It can take some time to render a video. Also, it would be nice if there was some collaboration feature. Where you can send it to others to get their feedback. Right now, you'll need to render the video and then send the version out for feedback.

Habib U.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy to learn and Comes up with video idea, Perfect for text to video editing

It was a good experience, easy to use, has a lot of templates to work with, and is easy to customize. If you don't care about the pricing this is perfect.

Pros

I used this mostly for text to video editing, it was super easy, and there were very less competitions on the market for that kind of video. Feature-rich application with a huge stock image and videos.

Cons

It's quite costly compared to other software in the market.