Adobe Commerce Logo

Adobe Commerce

Site content and customer journey management for eCommerce

Adobe Commerce Reviews - Page 22

Magento 2.0 Review

We are extremely happy about this software. We have developed a fully functional CRM system together with a beautiful website -> no link but you can search Mike's Cigars and check it out yourself.

Pros

The biggest, most robust but most importantly Open Source e-commerce software out there. The only limitation is your imagination...

Cons

Developer's cost is really high unless you can afford in-house dev team like we do but otherwise, your budget will most likely be blown way before you finish your project.

Advanced tool which gives you many possibilities

Pros

- as Magento is one of themost popolar e-commerce platform many external softwares has ready Magento plugins so integration with third party software is quite easy - can manage e-shop with different language versions, many currency, many warehouses - SEO friendly

Cons

- be prepared to spend money - you will have to engage IT specialists for any modyfication

Works but Insanely Hard To Customize

We ultimately have decided to make the decision to move on from Magento Commerce because the hassle in customizing the platform. Our company has specific functional needs when it comes to ecommerce, and we're constantly having to not only implement and upgrade those in Magento, but ultimately upgrade and fix each time Magento comes out with a major release.

Pros

Out of the box, Magento promises to deliver on its core promise - to add products to a catalog, sell them online, and ship out effectively.

Cons

Our business requires many areas where we need to customize our technology in order to do business more effectively. We tried, many many times, to customize Magento to our specific needs, and the more we went down the rabbit hole the harder it was to not only implement but maintain longterm. Eventually, it becomes pointless to effectively grow when your technology hinders your progress.

Adobe Commerce is all you need for your online business

Adobe Commerce was a game changer for our online business presence. Having everything I need to build my online shop, merchant services, shopping cart, shipping services, inventory management, and much more, makes running an online business so easy and efficient. Also having the advanced SEO features is very helpful to make sure I’m reaching the maximum number of our target audience. I highly recommend this software for your online business needs.

Pros

I like how everything I need is easily accessible through the software, I don’t have to integrate a lot of different things to have a fully functional store.

Cons

Sometimes some of the setup can be a bit difficult and the pricing could be more competitive.

Great Ecommerce solution for all sizes

Pros

Its content and product structure is solid. It is a robust paltforrm that will allow you to scale.

Cons

Little bugs now and there made it a bit of a hassle, they would get fixed but it bother us every now and then.

Platform lacking in basic functions

Pros

Once all the configuration aspects have been resolved, the platform is working well, it suits for big projects with many SKUs.

Cons

Configuring the platform is frustrating, it needs high skills and is very poor in basic features. You need to install many extra modules and this could make you lose speed and stability. Magento is only for PRO users with high economic resources.

Adobe Commerce is one of the main ecommerce platforms in the world

Pros

Adobe Commerce it's a very detailed, very ecommerce focused piece of software. It has many features other solutions lack

Cons

It can be too complex for small and medium business. It takes a very skilled team to work it properly. It's expensive.

Take your business to another level

My experience with this platform is 10/10, it can be difficult to use at first, but once you get used to it, there is no other better option. You can manage all the sections of a virtual store, with the security and confidence that Adobe always provides. Highly recommended.

Pros

Adobe Commerce is a software for the creation of commercial platforms, it is part of the Adobe ecosystem for the bad and the good. It is a software with many tools, you can create what you want due to the countless customization options it offers, from shopping lists, offer systems, catalog subdivisions, segmentation by type of article, etc. In addition, all the other commercial demands that you have can be covered, such as logistical problems or customer service. Overall, it's a great platform, possibly the best of its kind, and highly recommended if you want to start a business with a virtual presence.

Cons

The price of entry can be quite expensive, and the interface can become overwhelming due to all the options it offers, so the learning curve at first can be slow.

The right tool, most of the time.

Pros

Magento fit most of our needs in the earlier days of the company and allowed for effective commerce and customer management.

Cons

As we grew as a company and started to look for ways to leverage and provide more unique experiences to different sets of customers, we ran into issues and eventually began looking to move away from Magento/Adobe Commerce.

Creating an E-commerce easy with Adobe Commerce

Whether you are helping to create E-commerce platforms or creating your own, Adobe Commerce will simplify your work. Anyone can do it, that is the beauty of it.

Pros

Adobe Commerce makes the complicated process of structuring a business an easy one. You can manage the inventory of products and even assess the income of sales in an intuitive manner.

Cons

Sometimes you can feel it lacks certain specific tools for sorting inventory.

Community version is the only affordable option for a small business

I started out with Shopify, as recommended by my IT, but I’m really thankful I moved over to Magento community version. It costs more to buildup front, but the money I put into it is mine to keep in that I pay for a module once, and not on a monthly subscription. I also have complete power over my data and can change hosting as needed. My accountant tells me there’s more resale value in a Magento site as such. There’s a much bigger learning curve with Magento, but the sheer power, vast features, and total flexibility for outweigh any cons.

Pros

Magento is an incredibly powerful tool. I investigated all the biggies in e-commerce when making the decision which one to implement for my store and magento came out on top each time. Everything is customizable and if something isn’t in the settings, there’s literally a module for that or one can hire a dev to build a custom module. Scalability is not at all an issue in this platform, which means...

Cons

The enterprise version is insanely expensive. Not only do you pay a monthly fee, but the modules themselves cost double to three times more money than their community edition counterparts. The enterprise version doesn’t give flexibility of hosting providers and support only goes so far until we have to hire private devs for custom work. With both enterprise and community versions, Unless someone is well-versed in PHP, you’ll be forking out money for developers.

Best Ecommerce Platform

Overall, Magento is a very good platform for me to start immediately an Ecommerce site. I have many clients and i have done very good design works for them over Magento. Easily add features according to client specification, very high secure and fast site.

Pros

Magento is a very good platform to make eCommerce sites easily and a lot of features inside it. Easily create a layout, adding multiple languages, adding manual codes easily. Apart from that Magento is a free platform to install it to server and start a website easily. Magento is a highly secure and fast loading site. Easy SEO platform.

Cons

Magento is a very good platform for Pro-Magento persons. But if you are a new person and plan to start magento then it'll take more time to know about the features inside it.

A Robust Ecommerce Content Management System

My team used Magento to build our B2B ecommerce platform, and that helped us to get seed funding. It could have been more stressful to build the ecommerce website from scratch, but Magento eased off the stress appreciably.

Pros

Magento is a Content Management System (CMS) used for building ecommerce websites. I used Magento when I was part of a team that were building a B2B ecommerce website. Among the things I love about Magento include: 1. Ability to have multiple user accounts for one store: When I was working on the Ecommerce platform, there was a need to onboard merchants on the platform. The products to be onboarded...

Cons

There are a few cons I observed about Magento. They include: 1. Hard to learn: It was the first time my team used Magento, and spent sleepless nights trying to understand how it works, and how to customise it. This was very stressful, and was the reason for which my team dumped it. 2. Expensive themes: Magento is not as widely used as some other ecommerce CMSs. This caused there to be fewer theme developers and also making the premium themes to be quite expensive. 3. Small community: Owing to the small user base of Magento, the community is quite small. This made it somewhat hard to get solutions online.

For Large Scale Businesses

Overall, We recommend Magento as a remarkable choice for E-commerce especially for those companies whose sales are beyond $1-2 million. Magento provides an excellent platform for businessmen. Moreover, Magento allows its users to automatically update their E-commerce websites and offers companies with solutions and an extensive support network.

Pros

Opportunities: Magento provides a variety of opportunities for E-commerce in a single dashboard. It is equipped with an excellent Business to Business portal and management system, Additionally, it can store views which helps countries to manage all of their inventory. Such valuable information helps them to improve their catalogs and marketing in the future. Catalog: Magento provides an excellent platform when it comes to adding up a large number of items and products and piling it together for any storefront website. Also, it provides developers with high customizations and designing capabilities which makes their catalog even more attractive and fascinating for their customers.

Cons

Charges: No doubt Magento is great software but nothing comes for free, some of the features offered by Magento do not come for free and a subscription is required to gain access to them which seems to be pretty hefty unless the business is running successfully. Additionally, to gain access to the dedicated servers, the users have to pay a sturdy amount. Non-User Friendly: Magento is non-user friendly at times as it receives constant updates that create problems with the extensions and custom code s you have on the site. Additionally, when it comes to dealing with items in bulk Magento tends to lag and makes the uploading and converting a very slow process.

Complicated But Can't Be Beat

I began using Magento over 15 years ago, in one of their earliest versions, when I had outgrown some of the boxed ASP.net solutions available at the time. The open source nature of the software is absolutely amazing, and it has been fun to watch it expand over all these years. Today I am running 6 different websites with different versions of Magento, and I've built many more than that, most of which are still in use. Magento makes it easy to create and deploy affordable eCommerce solutions that scale and grow with the customer, even if it is a bit tricky to learn for beginners.

Pros

Magento is easily the most extensive and full-featured piece of open-source eCommerce out there. Once you understand the layout, you'll find that it is very intuitive and flows perfectly. What really shines for me for Magento is all the different options available out there. Not only are there open source versions you can host and manage yourself, but you can pay for the enterprise versions too. There is basically a plug-in or module available at this point for anything you need to accomplish, along with thousands of professionals out there that can help if you get in a jam. Best of all, Magento easily grows with you and is simple to harness and hold back features from, any easy to unchain it and grow with you.

Cons

It took me a good bit of time to learn AND get comfortable with this software and how it works, which was a bit of a pain, so this software isn't for the faint of heart or a weekend warrior shop keeper who doesn't have extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.

Robust Out of Box Features Paired with Customization

In terms of e-commerce platforms, Magento has proven to be a great value because of it extensive out of box features and relatively moderate price. Overall, it is one of the more commonly used platforms, so it is easier to find developers who know and are willing to work with the platform, which can reduce your maintenance costs.

Pros

The Magento E-Commerce platform offers a wide array of out of box features that are ideal for managing an online store. The platform also provides an extensive amount of flexibility for add-ons and customizations to cater to your specific business model and fulfillment needs. Extensions/Modules for the platform are readily available through a variety of vendors and developers at varying costs depending on the complexity of the feature involved. In a marketplace filled with expensive annual license fees and strict feature offerings, Magento is a great value for the investment.

Cons

Magento has changed it target audience significantly since its acquisition by Adobe, now catering more to mid- to large-size businesses. This is reflective in its pricing model and its termination of support for the older version of the version of the Community platform (Magento 1). It's flexibility for modules and extensions, while very beneficial, can create complexity and additional development...

Best Enterprise Level eCommerce Platform

Magento is incredible if you have the technical team and developers that know how to work with it and make it shine.

Pros

Magento has a lot of functionality out of the box to set up and ecommerce store. The UX for M2 is significantly better than it was on M1. You can really narrow down the scope of permissions that your provide to users.

Cons

There have been a lot of bugs that have come up that should have been worked out before release. There is a fairly high technical barrier to entry compared to other platforms.

Flexible and Administration Ease

Enterprise and dealing with the development company that supported us was terrible but community and a local developer has been great. We didn't have the budget for the big version but were sold into it by the developer when the community version was more appropriate.

Pros

We are a small family business and reliant (for many things) on our ability to manage the back end of our site. Neither of us have a background in building sites, managing integration, etc. but we have been able to get very comfortable with the back end of the site. For a novice or inexperienced person, I was surprised that I could pick it up quickly. We use the community version which has been critical...

Cons

It's possible that it is far more plug and play than I realize for plug-ins but would love to see something user friendly created. There used to be some version of Magento that I think was discontinued but you almost need something for smaller companies that gives them the sophistication of the community edition but potentially managed by Magento. In the next few years, we need to make a decision to stay on Magento or move and Shopify has a managed version that is very intriguing. Our computers are using it and Big Commerce and they look every bit as sophisticated on the front end as we do but we are reliant on a separate developer who could move on or go out of business. A stable subscription based product for larger small businesses would be great.

A decent e-commerce management software with great customization option

While I think we are due for an upgrade, we couldn't simply and easily leave Magento since 85% of our business relies on this tool from customer management, inventory, to order management. Should we decide to migrate, it would take a lot of time to dice and splice the functions we built over the years and put it to another system. It's an old and trusty tool.

Pros

Magento simply does the work from uploading a catalog, managing inventory, managing customer and subscription information. It has a good feature set which anyone can build upon depending on their needs. It has a great community support and the API works well with other common business tools.

Cons

Code clean up isn't as easy as we thought it will be. It may require a dedicated team to handle development and troubleshooting. The interface isn't really built for customer support people.