Streamlabs Talk Studio Logo

Create stunning live streams and recordings with ease

Streamlabs Talk Studio Reviews - Page 2

Laura D.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Melon Makes Live Broadcasting Easy!

I started using Melon the day I bought it. I consider myself to be adequate at managing the tech I need to run my video podcast. I was able to get this up and running, create a broadcast, and go live the first day.

Pros

The ability to stream to 5 or more locations plus the easy to use tickers were the first improvements I really liked. Then the teleprompter allowed me to get my intro right each time without having to glance at my notes. I found the software easy to use. When I have a questions the tutorials are clear, detailed and easy to follow. I had used other streaming software over the past 4 years and so there were only minor new UI aspects to learn. I had no issues integrating it into my existing business processes and love the increased functionality.

Cons

I ran into an issue once -- only once! - where I met my guest online, but not in the broadcast studio. When I clicked the button to "enter" studio, my guest was ejected from the broadcast and we could not get her back in to the studio. Now, I make sure that I'm logged on and in the studio before my guests show up. This is always my intention, but after this one time issue, I make sure to be there and in the studio first.

Hello Laura! Thank you so much for your kind works and such a detailed feedback! We would love to keep improving with your help so if you have any ideas or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly anytime. thank you! Melon team

KG

Kacey G.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Powerful and easy to use

I'm loving that Melon allows my team to go live quickly and easily on multiple platforms simultaneously without straining our computers, laptops, or phones/tablets, we can all share screens and it is extremely simple for non-tech savvy guests to get onto our streams. It's also great not hearing my system fans all spool up instantly like some local solutions do because of how demanding they are.

Pros

What I liked most starting my journey with Melon is the available features, responsiveness of the developer and support teams, the regularity with which they add functionality at the request of users and how quickly they respond to anything not working as expected. I joined during the beta and have been recommending Melon to all my friends.

Cons

What I liked least were when I had glitches while support was offline, they got in touch with me immediately upon their return. I understand with these prices 24/7 365 isn't to be expected but it was also partly on me for choosing to go live at odd hours of the day, to be fair in 6 months I've only had two short partial outages and one that was a connection to a single streaming service and engineering resolved it very quickly once support showed them what I found.

Hello Kacey! thank you so much for your positive feedback, it's a pleasure to assist you with your needs. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any suggestions / questions, we listen and improve daily. Your Melon team

JB

John B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Melon, my new choice for livestreaming

Pros

I had been using Streamyard to do live streaming. I was looking for something easy to set up and use, so Streamyard seemed to be the only option I could find. I wasn't completely satisfied with their UX/UI and while it was easy, I just never embraced it. I stopped streaming for a while, so I stopped my monthly Streamyard sub. I then saw a person on YouTube talking about Melon. It caught my attention...

Cons

A few features I'd like to see are being able to add a guest as a 'voice' only guest. Sometimes I need someone to just help me and another artist by reading comments for us to answer, but they don't need to show up on the stream!

hello John! thank you so much for your feedback and kind words, it means a lot! We keep growing and listening to our folks, hopefully will add a requested feature soon as well. thank you and happy streaming! Melon team

AB

Angelo B.

Sports, 1-10 employees

The EASIEST Way to Livestream (Especially with Guests)

Overall it is very good and solved several problems I was having. A few more tweaks and it will be a perfect solution for us.

Pros

I like how easy it is to loop in guests. A simple link and they can join from any device, anywhere without needing to install software.

Cons

I wish I could save ALL elements of a theme and quickly switch back and forth. Text for example needs to be manually selected no matter what. I also wish you could share images on screen. I would like a green screen view that allows you to be on top of your shared media. I would like if you could use a crop style screen share where O could select a portion of the screen.

hello Angelo! Thank you so much for your feedback, we'll keep improving for you! Melon team

BM

Bryan M.

Entertainment, self-employed

Melon is a no-brainer for StreamLabs users. A must have solution for live streaming.

I use Melon exclusively to stream content to my audience. Whether it's a livestream, or recorded content, I use Melon to get my work done. I find it essential to my daily work.

Pros

Integration with StreamLabs gives Melon more tools for streamers. Using StreamLabs + Melon is the sweet spot for me. I'm able to customize my livestreams, and simulcast across multiple services (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook) easily.

Cons

API connections to YouTube aren't always reliable. I can't tell if this is a Melon issue, or a YouTube issue, but it often requires me to log into YouTube and go into the Studio interface to resolve the issue. Melon also needs to work on some of the screen layouts to better suit displaying live stream comments while having multiple guests on screen. Due to the layouts, comments often overlap participant's windows so that you cannot see them thru the text.

Hello Bryan! Thank you for your feedback and kind words! We will look into Youtube connection and possible placements for highlighted chat messages to see where we can improve. Melon team

johan m.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

melon lo tine todo al mejor precio calidad

me encanta puedo peronalizar casi todo colores letras los bener los logos poder moverlos y ponerlos donde yo quiera las multiples vistas para presentar mi pantalla

Pros

en menos de 5 minutos estarás en vivo. facil integrar las redes sociales para trasmitir en vivo

Cons

hay todavía algunos fallos en la herramienta, creo que han mejorado mucho, solo es cuestión de tiempo para que supere a otras que van

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hello Johan and thank you for your feedback! We improve Melon constantly and hope to keep serving you. Thank you for choosing us, Melon team

Tess W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Melon STOLE X-mas from Thousands of Less Fortunate People due to HORRIFIC customer service!

i'm so sad right now considering my intentions of positivity and joy. I've even tried to learn OBS but due to my commitment at the hospital, I just don't have time. X-mas is three days away - I check my email like a child looking for santa - just to be greeted with NO RESOLUTION.

Pros

when i'm able to access my account, i absolutely love the software. I find it convenient and very simple to use. It's also good for the price.

Cons

this is ABSOLUTELY the worse customer service I've experienced in all of my purchases of software and my entire office is literally automated! I've never actually SEEN a company that SEES your request; reads your emails entitled, PLEASE HELP - reads the REASON you need access to help others during the x-mas season and PURPOSEFULLY ignores a physician who simply wants to provide happiness and joy.... The GRINCH trophy goes to Melon's customer service!

Hello Tess! Sorry you experienced an issue with the log in / Pro on your account. Due to data migration issues we held off on merging 2 of your accounts but from what i remember we were able to fix it all before Christmas for you. If you have any issues - please let us know! And thank you for your patience. Best, Veronika

CD

Corey D.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Easily the biggest bang for the buck!

Melon has been wonderful. Not only do I like the software but the customer service is above and beyond. melon will have full conversations to discuss an issue or an improvement you would like to see! They want this to be the best and that is evidence of that!

Pros

Being web-based is huge! Not only does it not drag on my CPU so that is runs smoothly, but it also saves all my stuff so I don't have to.

Cons

At this moment there is nothing that I don't like. It was missing some needed functionality early on but there have been many improvements in just the last few months and now it is great!

Hello Corey! Thank you so much for your feedback, we keep improving for you! Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions, we will be pleased to assist you! Melon team

PH

Peter H.

Works in my Cheomebook

It's allowed me to stream from a laptop I thought was too end to stream with and I had almost given up finding such a product when I finally found Melon.

Pros

It was hard to find streaming software that worked on my chromebook without excess pixelization. This seems to work on my low end Chromebook when combined with GFN or a capture card.

Cons

Even though it's a streamlabs product the chatbot integration isn't great and requires you to go to another website.

Hello Peter! thank you for your detailed review, we are so glad it works fine on your Chromebook! Regarding chatbot integration, it is required to set on Streamlabs site but once set - you can use it without interruptions on Melon end. Hope you keep using us for your streams and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any help setting things up. Melon team

Augusto Z.

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Live image turned to black and ended on its own

Pros

The price is attractive and it is partially translating to serve brazil.

Cons

During a live with eight guests, after an hour, the live image turned to black and ended on its own. This issue derailed the marketing and sales team's plans. Now we will have to redo the live but we will choose a new platform, as StreamLabs support has not responded to us so far.Perhaps, there is still a lack of maturity to serve Brazil. In that case, I would recommend this service for less serious broadcasts that may experience technical difficulties just because the price is inviting.

TU

Timo U.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Essential for streaming these days

Great! I was happy to get their lifetime deal and likely one of the better LTD purchases I have done. But seeing their quality, I can also recommend using it while you'd be on monthly subscriptions. With Melon you have no excuse to delay your social streaming as Melon is taking care of the heavy technical side on your behalf.

Pros

Great UX and performance. Basically very intuitive, so that even when using it for the first time, it is easy to figure out how to use it. While they might be a startup, the UX is certainly very mature already. It is also handy when you don't have the latest fancy powerful laptop, as Melon works over the internet, the video processing happens there as well, so that my laptop does not need to pull that much, Melon is taking care of most of processing.

Cons

Only thing I noticed that sometimes when you wish to download the session recordings, then it might be a bit slower side to download. I somehow assume that the recordings are loaded in some cloud servers further away from me (likely in the US, not in Europe or Asia), however, it does not impact the stream quality.

Hello Timo and thank you for your review! We are very excited to keep serving you and improve for you. Melon team

Daniel C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Melon has enable me to live stream without hassle

I think it is something I would recommend a lot of my friends to use

Pros

I think this is one of the most cos effective and nice looking live streaming software. I tend to use it a lot and recommend my friends who are looking to do Facebook live for the first time.

Cons

There are some tiny bug for the scheduling on facebook events, but that is not too relevant for me as i tend to just start as a post on my group

hello Daniel! Thank you for your positive feedback on our product, we're glad you like using it! Melon team

Research, self-employed

Streamlabs is top tier for streamers

Pros

i thought the ease of use, the way they streamline the use for streamers is top tier and in my opinion the best option for streamers

Cons

It was a little bit harder to use using an iMac than it was to use it using a Windows computer, so i didnt enjoy that as much as i could have.

JJ

Jarek J.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

I was looking for a streaming application on Facebook and YouTube that I will need soon. I tried se

Melon's technical support responds with a reasonable response time, but unfortunately they have not been able to solve the low-resolution problem with high-performance mobile phone cameras.

Pros

I like the quick and easy deployment, as soon as I want to start streaming, with Melon I can.

Cons

It is not yet possible to record in a higher resolution mobile phone camera in Melon.

hello Jarek! thank you for your feedback and we will keep working on mobile improvements in a meantime. So far we support 720p and 1080p (for Pro members)

JL

Jim L.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

House of worship

Solved almost all of our needs with decent price and feature set. So many solutions are over produced for our needs. Not looking for switcher/production software. Just a solid stream to multiple social media platforms. Melon is a solid compromise of simple and solid

Pros

Easily to set up and volunteer friendly. Stream to FB and YouTube simultaneously. Uses cloud computing and reduces computer cpu load

Cons

Makes me nervous it’s browser based instead of an app. Wish it provided stream health info and had audio metering apart from the audio menu

hello Jim! thank you so much for your review! please reach out if you have any other feedback/questions. Melon team

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Melon should be your first choice

It allows me to multistream easily and at a very convenient price

Pros

Easy to use, worth its price, has all the important features

Cons

It could be a little more customizable, but it's more than enough

Hello! Thank you for your review and feedback, we are happy you chose Melon and will keep improving along the way! Melon team

Loy J.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

The BEST Streaming Software

My experience has been phenomenal. I love it and would recommend it to everyone who does live-streaming.

Pros

The best part about Melon is EVERYTHING LOL.. Multicasting, monetizing your content, live chat and the stream labs integration is dope as well.

Cons

Right now nothing. I’m happy. It’s FULLY serving my needs.

Hello Loy and thank you for your feedback! We are really happy to know you enjoy using Melon - team keeps working on number of features to make your experience even better in the future! Thank you for choosing us, Melon team

SA

Stephanie A.

Online Media, self-employed

Amazing

Pros

The background features and images is awesome

Cons

They sometimes kicked me out of my account

Hello Stephanie! thank you for your feedback! We are sorry there was an issue with your account, if this keeps happening please reach out to us at support@melonapp.com and we will be back to you as soon as possible with the next steps. thank you! Melon team

WV

Wazza V.

Beginners Streaming App

Pros

Ease of use and multi cam setup as I do playing cards pack opening so need the additional camera which really helps.

Cons

The layouts are very rigid and I prefer to have a secondary camera really pushed to the edge of the screen rather than floating 1cm away from it. Just does t look great and takes up space which then has a knock on affect where the main camera has less space

Hello Wazza, thank you for your review and kind words! we will keep improving for you - thank you for choosing us, Melon team

JT

John T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Excellent Tool For Live Streams & Podcasts

I switched from Riverside.fm to use Melon, mostly to save money and not have to use Google Chrome every time I was recording a podcast. Melon is very feature rich and can handle all of your live streaming, video meeting, and recording needs. The product is easy for the administrator to use and easily accessible for any guests you bring on. Being able to cast to multiple social media platforms is a huge bonus.

Pros

- Easy to use- Feature rich- Fairly low price

Cons

- Page layout can be distracting while recording-

DL

Damián L.

Writing and Editing, 51-200 employees

Un estudio de transmisión en vivo muy completo

Pros

He usado antes Belive y estaba muy conforme hasta que encontré Melón. Me pareció más personalizable la transición y con varias funciones que otros no tienen como lleve mucha de fondo, descenas de temas y más invitados en pantalla. La transmisión en full HD es un adicional imperdible

Cons

Lo que le faltaría es la posibilidad agregar una segunda cámara para el que transmite como anfitrión

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

DD

David D.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

BEST FROM THE REST

Superb experience I spent hours, days weeks looking for a simple way of producing a streaming show melon makes it easy. I bet a rookie can do it.

Pros

II tried all of the streaming platforms, obs, xsplit, streamlabs obs, earning curve, is steep and none make it easy like melon log in record and review or stream if you ready for it .

Cons

wish I can integrate use my stream deck XL from el Gato for shows.

hello David! thank you so much for the feedback, we really appreciate this! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions/questions, we'd like to keep improving for you. Melon team

Miguel D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Perfect tool to livestream

I have used Melon mainly for meetings with clients, I will soon start recording my podcast here too. Melon has been an amazing tool.

Pros

Easiness to use Many features to personalize your streams One-click invitation and fixed invitation link (great if you have recurring meetings with the same person)

Cons

It is not so intuitive, even basic options sometimes could be a little confusing.

Hello Miguel and thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you bringing up the intuitive side of the question and we recently made a change in studio settings to make it even easier - but will definitely keep working on more improvements down the road. Thank you for choosing us! Melon team

Rickeya W.

Online Media, self-employed

There's Potential

Melon has the potential to rival StreamYard, but it needs to at least cover the basic features that StreamYard already offers.

Pros

Melon is pretty user friendly. I like the layout for the most part. It's looks comparable to StreamYard at first glance.

Cons

My biggest issue is that there isn't an option to have bank for banners and ticker like on StreamYard. Users should be able to have multiple banners and tickers to choose from that are editable.

Hello Rickeya! Thank you for your feedback. We recently added multiple banners and tickers + ability to upload multiple logos. Hope you were able to try this out!

YY

Yew Y.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Great software with much potential

Pros

I like how easy it is to go live from anywhere. Previously, we were using OBS, and we was always handicapped by our network speeds. With Melon, we can have peace of mind that our stream would be stable and we would not have any ingress issues. Additionally, we also like that we can have guests join the live stream easily and directly, and not through a third party app like Zoom.

Cons

The one thing that we miss coming from OBS is being unable to further customize the layout. I would be nice to have an 'Advanced' mode where we can freely resize all the elements on the screen. Additionally, we would also like to have a 'Going live' mode, where the stream has gone live with a [starting soon] video, while we are still able to talk in the studio without audience hearing it.

Hello Yew! thank you so much for your feedback - this is important for us to keep building. We definitely consider further improvement on layouts and hope to be able tp deliver what you're looking for. Melon team