Padlet Logo

Padlet

Visual boards to organize anything.

Padlet Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.57/10

Reviews by rating

The community building is fantastic, and it's super easy to use. The ability to customize my boards is wonderful.
It's very practical, modifiable, engaging, and fun for the kids. I find it very useful and recommend it as a fruitful educational tool.
Padlet is really helpful while outlining your vision, project or idea. Interface is playful and intuitive for creative process.
After several months of not using the service and being charged, my friend tried to cancel the service. I kept being charged for service each month.
Again, the representative refused to stop charging me because I did not open the account. I had to get my bank to stop charging me. I was charged over a year.
The pricing I would say seems to be the only disadvantage, and the limit of the video length is also disappointing.

Charles M.

Mental Performance Consultant

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

What To Know About Padlet 101.

Transcript

Charles: Hi, my name is Charles. I'm a certified mental performance consultant. The size of my company...

Hi Charles—thank you for leaving this review! I'm glad to hear that Padlet has been your go-to tool for client interaction and engagement. I'm also glad that you find Padlet easy to use, both for you and for your clients. If you have any other feedback to share, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for using Padlet!

NT

Noel T.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Parking Lot

with Padlet, I am able to share information more efficiently and save money from printing.

Pros

What I like most about Padlet is it replaces the old fashioned "parking lot" where participants at professional learning would place questions on post-it notes and place them on a poster to be answered. This allows for real-time questions to be answered and for participant input. I also like that I no longer have to have handouts for professional learning. All the links and resources are housed on the padlet.

Cons

I have not come across a feature I do not like.

Hi Noel! Thank you for your positive review of Padlet. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has been a valuable tool for you. It's great to know that Padlet has replaced the traditional "parking lot" method and provided a more efficient way for participants to ask questions and share input in real-time. We're glad that Padlet has also eliminated the need for handouts by storing all links and resources...

KY

Kwai Yin L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A versatile tool for learning activities and organisation of ideas

With its range of formats, Padlet enables teachers to tap on them to design & facilitate a variable of activities - It supports teaching and learning in classroom very well.

Pros

1. It is easy to organise responses from respondents using a variety of the formats available.2. I can organise the padlets by bookmarking them for ease of retrieval or reference. 3. It is pretty easy to share padlets through a variety of formats (including QR code, embed in blogs)4. Like the recently enhanced formats (e.g. introduction of sections in grid)

Cons

1. In the BOOKMARK - it is somehow different to read the text when the description is slightly longer. Would be helpful if we can resize the width of the left panel. 2. Upload of images into a single post. Wish there is an option that allows user to upload more than one media in a single post.3. Comments (a) would be great if can have paragraphs instead of only 1 paragraph.4. Comments (b) would be helpful if it can be threaded - to allow greater interaction 5. Comments (a) would be good if we can have simple formatting of text that allows us to emphasize certain points, esp when providing feedback (e.g. BOLD, Italics)

Hi Kwai Yin, We're so glad to hear that Padlet is useful for you. We're particularly glad to hear that you appreciated the addition of sections. We have taken note of your feature requests. These are genuinely great ideas and they have been passed to the product team. We were sorry to see you give us a bad review in customer service. We hope you know that we are always available on social media @padlet or through our contact form, available here: https://padlet.com/contact-us

KC

Karen C.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Padlet: great way to share info in the classroom

Great :fun and easy to use

Pros

Great for students to share info, easy to use. Students enjoy usung it

Cons

could have more colors and some animation

Hi Karen! Thank you for leaving this review. I'm glad you're finding Padlet to be fun and easy to use. Since you left this review, we've added over 100 new wallpapers, plus we've improved how we add color schemes for custom wallpapers. Check it out and let us know what you think! https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

AP

Anne P.

E-Learning, self-employed

Padlet changed my life ;-)

It realy changed my life ;-)One link for a course ou for student group or for one student.Easier docs management.It bring a professional way of sharing docs. I use it in my teaching activities, but also for my leisure.

Pros

Padlet change my way of sharing documents with each of my student. One link for one student and one semester. Easy to use.

Cons

For now it responds to my needs in teaching.

Hi Anne! Thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has had such a positive impact on your teaching and has changed the way you share documents with your students. We're glad that Padlet's easy-to-use platform has made document sharing more efficient and streamlined for you. It's wonderful to know that one link can serve an entire course or group of students, bringing a...

RM

Rebecca M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Using Padlet as a tool in schools

It is a fantastic resource that is accessible, easy to use and fluid. I use daily for a variety of purposes. I would highly recommend it!

Pros

PAdlet is a fantastic resource that can be used in many capacities. I use it mainly to share concise and organised materials with the children so they can conduct structured inquiry and explore at their own speed. I have also used it in CPD for staff so they have constant access to information, resources and files at will.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike! I really enjoy using it!

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has been a fantastic resource for you in various capacities. It's great to know that you use it to share concise and organized materials with the children, allowing them to conduct structured inquiry at their own pace. We're also glad that Padlet has been helpful in staff CPD, providing constant access to information, resources, and files. We appreciate your feedback on the accessibility, ease of use, and fluid experience of Padlet. Thank you for recommending our platform and for being a valued user. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to support you and ensure your continued success with Padlet.

KS

Kanesananthan S.

Use of Padlet in Classroom Teaching

The problem is as stated above, that is, I would like to be able to know which student posted which of the comments so that a few students do not ruin my lessons with inappropriate comments and ridiculous pictures even vulgar in nature.

Pros

It is time efficient and student friendly when used in my low ability classes in English Language. I could elicit input for example in writing an introductory paragraph from an entire class within a 30 minute period as the first post serves as an example for the rest to post. Subsequently, even the weakest student gets the idea and posts his/her paragraph. After this comes my feedback. I am able to correct their mistakes on the whiteboard on which their posts are projected and they are able to correct their mistakes using their iPads, on the spot. I am able to focus on the best posts and get the other students to emulate the best students.

Cons

When students post, I am unable to know who posted what unless the person puts his/her name on the post. I have a few mischievious students who post inappropriate comments and hide behind the curtain of anonymity, hurting the others ' feelings and learning process. Could staff at Padlet improve on this such that all posts could be traced to the persons posting them. This would make Padlet an excellent teaching tool.

Hi Kanesananthan, We're so glad to hear that you find Padlet useful when teaching students with a range of skill levels. We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with anonymous posting but we want you to know that we do have privacy settings that prevent anonymous posting. IF you require students to log into accounts before they can post and set your padlet's privacy setting to 'logged-in users only' you will always see who posted what. Here is a guide from our helpdocs page: https://padlet.helpdocs.io/l/en/article/dcpa9obioj-how-do-i-prevent-anonymous-posting

MG

Mary Gail J.

Teaching Tool

It has been wonderful.

Pros

Padlet is accessible to my students through many platforms. It's informative and helpful and easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes set-up is a little tricky. I try to find a way to make my assignments more eye-catching and accessible.

Hi Mary Gail! Thank you for your wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has been a valuable teaching tool for you as an ESOL teacher, and that it has been accessible to your students across different platforms. We appreciate your feedback regarding the set-up process, and we understand that it can sometimes be a bit tricky. We're constantly working to improve user experience, and your input is valuable in helping us streamline the set-up process and make it even more user-friendly. We're glad to know that Padlet has been informative, helpful, and easy to use for you and your students. Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of the Padlet community!

gf

georgia f.

Fine Art, self-employed

easy and aesthetic

I am able to easily present and share my work (large images and files) in meetings quickly.

Pros

safe storage is vital and appreciated. sharing large files is easy and direct.Padlet is a clean and creative way to share aesthetic content and presents my work beautifully to leads.

Cons

When clients 'preview' documents the formatting (on word documents) often gets messy and I have to remind them to download documents (I need to use word documents as they are compatible with their programs). This can result in them not bothering with my content.

Hi Georgia! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad that you are finding Padlet to be both easy and aesthetic. I'm sorry to hear about the messy formatting on Word docs. That shouldn't be happening! Could you send us the link to a padlet with this issue so we can help troubleshoot? https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

ET

Elena T.

Padlet is the BEST

Pros

I love the ease and the aesthetic appeal of Padlet. When my district went to online learning during COVID, I was scambling to find something I could use with my limited skills. I've never looked back! Padlet is still a daily part of my teaching.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Padlet does a fantastic job of updating and adding new features.

Hi Elena! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad that Padlet is part of your daily toolkit! Speaking of new features, we recently added a lot of new ones, like automatic sorting and search/filter. If you have any other feedback to share, please don't hesitate to reach out here: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Padlet Review

I use Padlet with college students to collaborate on group projects. They can communicate and share

Pros

Padlet is a user-friendly platform that allows for easy collaboration. There is a free version that can be used as long as you don't need many different Padlet pages. Three Padlet pages are included in the free version. You can delete pages once you don't need them to free up Padlet space to remain in the free version.

Cons

The template is set; however, you can add more columns and boxes under the columns. The format may or may not work for every project or need.

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad that Padlet is working for your collaboration and communication needs. Since you left this review, we have expanded our formats by adding sections to all formats. This should let you group your posts with any format. I hope you check it out and that it works better for some of your needs! You can read more here: https://padlet.help/article/4hhcm0aujp-sections If you have any feedback on sections, please send us a message: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks for using Padlet!

MB

Mark B.

Padlet used in the Classroom

There have been some issues with student accessibility but overall, the platform has been very useful and time-saving.

Pros

I use this platform to receive homework from my students or to reiterate any announcements or rules in the classroom. This is the best and easiest way for the students to finish their homework, and for me to grade their work and share the corrections with everyone. The students can view all the graded homework and my comments, seeing what works and what doesn't. The students enjoy uploading images and videos to illustrate their point.

Cons

It would work better if everything was invisible until approved and graded. Some students think they can plagiarize other students' work. They never get away with it, but temptation is still too strong. Some students have been able to gain access to administrator settings, which has been unfortunate.

Hi Mark! Thank you for leaving a review. It's awesome to hear about all the ways that you are using Padlet in the classroom! I'm sorry that you're having issues with student access. FYI we do have a feature to hide new posts until you approve them. You can learn more about it here: https://padlet.help/article/v6iz7bhhl1-turn-on-content-moderation If you have any other feedback when it comes to student accessibility, please do send us a message: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

MB

Melissa B.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Visibility and individual interaction in the classroom

It has been a total game changer for me. It is my teaching management system. I also create individual padlets for my students and we use them to interact with each other outside of class for self- regulated learning and feedback.

Pros

I use Padlet to present my lessons and share the links with my students giving everyone full visibility.

Cons

Sometimes the timelines can be glitchy when adding padlets to them.

Hi Melissa! Thank you for using Padlet. It's awesome to hear that Padlet is a game changer for you! I'm sorry to hear about any potential glitches. If you send us the URL of a padlet you have problems with, we'd love to help troubleshoot: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

SK

Stephanie K.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Padlet for cross-course collaboration

Most recently, students used Padlet to have a tournament of Hispanic foods. They researched traditional foods from different countries and posted photos and descriptions of each.Each day, we had elimination challenges between two countries until, like in team sports tournaments, the last countries and their foods had play-offs and a winner was selected. This year it was Guatemala. The students got to try an authentic breakfast of Guatemalan foods as a celebration of their work. Padlet made this tournament possible.

Pros

I love offering the same Padlet page to participants from different course sections who have never met in person. It inspires students to give their authentic best quality posts that everyone wants to read and respond to while staying on topic, knowing they are accountable for their submissions.

Cons

There are only a few basic formats available to start, which is fine for what we need, but perhaps new setup formats will become available soon.

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for leaving a review. Using Padlet for a virtual tournament is such a good idea! It's true that we only offer a few different formats, though we did recently add sections to almost all formats. This roughly doubles the number of available formats! You can read more about using sections here: https://padlet.help/article/4hhcm0aujp-sections If you have any other feedback about the types of formats you want to see, please don't hesitate to reach out: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

AM

Annpurna M.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Usefulness of Padlet

Excellent

Pros

Collaborative work is very good, Project work is assigned.

Cons

nothing, It's not free to be used. Setting needs to be understood well before starting.

Hello Annpurna! Thank you for your excellent review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has been useful to you as a science teacher, particularly in facilitating collaborative work and assigning project tasks. We appreciate your feedback about the need to understand the settings before starting and the mention that Padlet is not free to use. Thank you again for your positive feedback and for being a long-term user of Padlet. We're here to support your teaching needs and provide you with an excellent experience!

IC

Ian C.

E-Learning, self-employed

@ianc._.living on Instagram's review

Pros

It is easy to use, and collaboration is the best because I can keep close contact with my friends.

Cons

Actually, I think that getting more Padlets were kinda expensive. I think the team should try using a way such as 'recommending friends to get more Padlets', et cetera.

Hi Ian! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad you are finding Padlet easy to use! We do have a referral program that lets you unlock additional padlets when you refer new users. You can read more about it here: https://padlet.help/article/34s6buw16s-how-do-i-get-free-padlets-through-the-referral-program Thanks again for using Padlet!

DE

David E.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Perfect for EFL Writing

I highly recommended the added value it offers to teaching. The ways I can use it in classes are numerous, and its functionality and ease of use makes it a " go to " tool.

Pros

Padlet is perfect for the "English as a Foreign Language" classes I teach. It is especially valuable for writing where students can share their sentences anonymously and have them critiqued.

Cons

While I am used to it now, I would suggest an easily viewable privacy notification when creating padlets (e.g., "Your present Padlet is Secret. Click here for more information.") This would be especially valuable to teachers with privacy concerns for their classes. It would also be beneficial for teachers creating a Padlet on the go. In addition, more background photos would be nice.

Hi David, We're so happy to hear that you've found Padlet useful in EFL classrooms. We've made an effort to ensure Padlet is internationally accessible and we're glad that effort has paid off with you.

EL

Eric L.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Swiss Army Knife of Teaching

Pros

Padlet is the swiss army knife of teaching at my institution! It can do just about everything! No need to buy multiple products for mindmapping, brainstorming activities, text-based discussions, video-based asynchronous discussions, etc.

Cons

Nothing? :>) I have noticed that I need to include random numbers and letters in the URL now. Even if I remove them, they are retained.

Hi Eric! Thank you for your wonderful review of Padlet. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has become the Swiss Army Knife of teaching at your institution, offering a wide range of capabilities for various activities such as mindmapping, brainstorming, text-based discussions, video-based asynchronous discussions, and more. We're glad that Padlet has eliminated the need for multiple products...

AW

Ann W.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Middle School Teacher's Take on Padlet

Easy!!

Pros

I love that I can create a digital bulletin board of student work and keep it on my Canvas homepage all year long!

Cons

I love that I can have three free Padlet's, but having one or two free ones would be awesome!

Hi Ann! Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad that Padlet is easy for you and your students to use! If you have any other feedback to share, please feel free to reach out here: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

MR

Max R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good for the classroom / training session

The way Padlet works, with students being able to write their whole idea before posting it to the main board, allows them to put their thoughts down without fear of someone "looking over their shoulder" before they are done. If we use Google slides or Google docs to attempt something similar, others can see what we're doing before we're done, and it can be intimidating.

Pros

It's easy and fun, and compelling for the students to participate and write what's on their mind.

Cons

Not really an issue but there are "too many" options and I fear I might not always be using the best method to hold my discussion forums in class. Complaining for nothing, I know.

Thank you, Max, for your insightful review of Padlet. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has been enhancing your classroom and training sessions as an Adjunct Lecturer. Your feedback about the variety of options Padlet offers is appreciated. We understand that sometimes having numerous features can lead to questions about the most effective approach. Rest assured, we're here to support you in making the most of Padlet's capabilities. If you ever have further questions or insights to share, feel free to reach out over social media @padlet. We're committed to helping you create engaging and effective learning experiences for your students.

JL

Jason L.

Padlet Review

Pros

It allows me to easily embed pictures, videos etc

Cons

I think the formatting templates and how the padlets can be grouped into various folders would be great. It is currently messy for me to organize the padlets well.

Hello Jason! Thank you for your review of Padlet. We're delighted to hear that you find it easy to embed pictures, videos, and other content. We appreciate your feedback regarding formatting templates and organizing Padlets into folders. We understand the importance of effective organization and the need for more options in this area. We're continually working to enhance Padlet's features and functionality, and your suggestions will be taken into consideration as we plan future updates. Thank you for your continued support and for being a long-term user of Padlet. We're here to assist you and make your experience as smooth as possible!

TM

Tamara M.

Research, 1-10 employees

Online lecture addition tool

Once I figured out how to move around I really think it provides a nice overview of all tools at one place and is also nice that it shows live when someone else edits somethingl.

Pros

I learned to use padlet during an online course where the entire course was setup via padlet. All documents as well as group projects were on there and it was sort of a timeline.

Cons

At first I really couldnt figure out how to scroll to the right along the timeline. I dont know if it was just me or if hte slide thing to move it is maybe a little small and unintuitive.

Hi Tamara! Thank you for your review of Padlet. We're glad to hear that you found it useful as an online lecture addition tool during your course and that it provided a centralized space for documents and group projects. We appreciate your feedback regarding scrolling along the timeline. We understand that it could be a bit challenging initially, and we're constantly working to improve the user experience....

SJ

Sarah Jane M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Padlet to Collaborate

Using padlet enables remote participants to interact directly with participants in the room. It allows for immediate feedback and responses to ideas and is great at visually archiving idea generating sessions. Highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to CollaborateEasy to install and use on mobile devices

Cons

N/A - for what I use it for, there haven't been any cons.

Hi Sarah Jane! Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to hear that Padlet has been an essential tool for collaboration in your role as a Creative Facilitator and Practitioner. We're glad that you find Padlet easy to install and use on mobile devices, making it convenient to collaborate even on the go. It's fantastic to know that Padlet has been a seamless experience for you, and there...

KS

Katherine S.

Padlet Fosters Engagement

I love Padlet and will continue using it with our staff members. I have had several colleagues share with me that they enjoy checking the board for shout outs each morning & sharing shout outs about people within the school.

Pros

Padlet can be used with elemntary students and adults. As an administrator of both groups of users, I have seen collaboartion, engagement, and creatvitiy from a basic tool such as this.

Cons

Padelt is very basic to use--almost too basic. I wish there were a few more bells and whistles to customize your board.

Hi Katherine! Thank you for leaving this review. It's awesome that Padlet is helping you foster engagement with your staff. I'd love to know more about the customization options you're looking for. Since you left this review, we've added over 100 new wallpapers, and we've also improved the way we handle custom wallpapers. If you're looking for something more, though, please feel free to send us a message: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thank you again for using Padlet!

FL

Fiona L.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Brilliant tool for sharing ideas and making collaboration possible.

My experience with padlet is that it is consistent and reliable. Plus it has the tools for my class to be collaborative and gives students agency over their learning.

Pros

Padlet is a favourite tool to use for sharing our current learning and enabling students to comment and share their ideas. They love the freedom of using images, text, and linking to other work.

Cons

Not sure about what I don't like about padlet. I'm happy with the service.

Hi Fiona! Thank you for your wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has been a brilliant tool for sharing ideas and enabling collaboration in your classroom. We're glad to know that your students enjoy the freedom of using various media types and linking their work within Padlet. It's fantastic to hear that Padlet has provided them with agency over their learning and facilitated a collaborative environment. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are delighted that Padlet has consistently provided you with a reliable experience. Thank you for being a long-term user and for your high recommendation. We're here to support you and your students every step of the way!

CM

Cynthia M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Padlet: Empowering the Idea

I use it as a great way to store, organize and generate new ideas. I have also used it in (adult) teaching scenarios, instead of PowerPoint.

Pros

Very easy to use. I was able to start creating padlets immediately after first download.

Cons

I find it challenging to get other folks to try Padlet.

Hi Cynthia! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you've found Padlet easy to use and helpful for storing, organizing, and generating ideas, as well as in your teaching scenarios. Regarding your concern about encouraging others to try Padlet, we understand it can sometimes be a challenge to introduce new tools. One suggestion could be to share the beautiful Padlets you've created. Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback and for utilizing Padlet in your work. Your innovation and creativity are what make our community so vibrant!