Padlet Logo

Padlet

Visual boards to organize anything.

Padlet Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.53/10

Reviews by rating

In summary, my teaching and learning experience using this tool was the best, because it provided me with an interactive and motivating virtual environment for the linguistic progress of the students.
The community building is fantastic, and it's super easy to use. The ability to customize my boards is wonderful.
It inspires students to give their authentic best quality posts that everyone wants to read and respond to while staying on topic, knowing they are accountable for their submissions.
Also, the back and forth arrows are sometimes confusing. They take the user all the way to one end of the timeline which can cause them to get lost.
I do have a few problems with things loading now and then, it could use notices if it's going to be worked on or updated.
Some students have trouble finding where to post their discussion.

Charles M.

Mental Performance Consultant

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

What To Know About Padlet 101.

Transcript

Charles: Hi, my name is Charles. I'm a certified mental performance consultant. The size of my company...

Hi Charles—thank you for leaving this review! I'm glad to hear that Padlet has been your go-to tool for client interaction and engagement. I'm also glad that you find Padlet easy to use, both for you and for your clients. If you have any other feedback to share, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for using Padlet!

LW

Lungten W.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Padlet as an educational pedagogical resources.

Excellent modality for education but frustration when we have glass ceiling on the usage. We have plenty in design but limited with the numbers of resources.

Pros

A simple usage and making it accessible. Easy to learn.

Cons

A payment system in a place like our where the payment is not possible because of the of the inadequate facilities of online payment. The payment is designed from the context of Western and advanced countries. We cannot pay if we need to. We sometime run short of allotted resources provided by padlet. We are just using free version.

Thank you for highlighting how Padlet has served as a valuable educational resource with its simplicity and accessibility. We understand your concerns regarding the payment system. We're glad that despite these challenges, you find Padlet to be an excellent modality for education. We're committed to improving and making our platform more accessible for everyone. If you have any further suggestions or need assistance, please reach out to us on social media (@padlet).

ML

Mark L.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Padlet for mid-process document management

Pros

This product helps our team coalesce around relevant documents in our development process.

Cons

For our purposes, Padlet works exactly as we'd like!

Hi Mark, We're so happy to hear that Padlet works well for your purposes. We see that you gave 0 stars for customer service and we'd like to remind you that we are always available on social media @padlet or through our contact form here: padlet.com/contact-us . We hope to help you with any and all problems in the future!

MK

Madelaine K.

Education Management, self-employed

Good for classroom collaboration

Pros

Fairly easy to use, only you need to make an account and post a link so students don't need to make an account.

Cons

It feels a bit less intuitive/cluttered than other programs like Microsoft's Jamboard, and I guess I prefer programs that integrate a bit better with software I'm already using

Thank you for your feedback on using Padlet for classroom collaboration. We're pleased to hear that the ease of use and account setup process is convenient for you and your students. We appreciate your observations about the intuitiveness and integration aspects compared to other tools like Microsoft's Jamboard. Your insights are invaluable as we continually work to improve Padlet's user interface and compatibility with other commonly used software in educational environments. If you have specific suggestions for integration or design improvements, or if you need any assistance, please connect with us on social media (@padlet). We’re committed to making Padlet as useful and user-friendly as possible for teachers and students alike!

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Padlet Review

I use Padlet with college students to collaborate on group projects. They can communicate and share

Pros

Padlet is a user-friendly platform that allows for easy collaboration. There is a free version that can be used as long as you don't need many different Padlet pages. Three Padlet pages are included in the free version. You can delete pages once you don't need them to free up Padlet space to remain in the free version.

Cons

The template is set; however, you can add more columns and boxes under the columns. The format may or may not work for every project or need.

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad that Padlet is working for your collaboration and communication needs. Since you left this review, we have expanded our formats by adding sections to all formats. This should let you group your posts with any format. I hope you check it out and that it works better for some of your needs! You can read more here: https://padlet.help/article/4hhcm0aujp-sections If you have any feedback on sections, please send us a message: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks for using Padlet!

DM

Dalal M.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Education tool

Pros

It is very useful to sort and store resources and also for communication and collaboration.

Cons

The fact that you can only attach one link or resource to each post.

Thank you for your feedback on using Padlet as an educational tool! We're glad to hear that it has been useful for sorting, storing resources, and facilitating communication and collaboration. We appreciate your comment regarding the limitation of attaching only one link or resource per post. Understanding these constraints helps us identify areas where we can improve the functionality and user experience. We'll consider how we might enhance this aspect to better meet the needs of educators like you. If you have any more suggestions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on social media (@padlet). We're here to support you and make Padlet even more valuable in your educational toolkit!

LC

Lindsey C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A tool for engagement and collaboration

We have used this with great success for engagement and collaboration and it is super easy for the end user!

Pros

We love to use padlet to foster engagement and collaboration for educational courses we provide both live and on demand. We also use padlet to engage and create within our team!

Cons

Previously you could not move around posts but they made that an option now!

We're delighted to hear how effectively Padlet is facilitating engagement and collaboration in your educational courses and within your team. It's great to know that our updates, like the ability to move posts around, are enhancing your experience. Your success with using Padlet for its ease of use and effectiveness in fostering collaboration is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, and we look forward to continuing to support your efforts. If you have any more suggestions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out on social media (@padlet).

JS

Julian S.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Communication For Everyone

Padlet is a great and well-maintained platform that also has a lot of pop culture references. It has its quirk to it, and that's something that I find really cool in a company/platform

Pros

I like that you can make communities using padlets. My friend made one and it has around 12 people in my grade we all come together and post memes, help each other with school work, and just have a great time.

Cons

There aren't many cons. I like padlet. It's a great place for people of all ages.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Padlet! It’s fantastic to hear that you’re enjoying the community aspect, using it not just for fun and sharing memes but also for collaborative learning and support among peers. We're thrilled that Padlet's quirky and engaging nature resonates with you. We strive to keep Padlet enjoyable and accessible for users of all ages, and it’s great to hear that we're hitting the mark. If you have any ideas for improvements or need assistance, feel free to reach out to us on social media (@padlet). We love hearing from our users and are here to support your continued enjoyment of the platform!

RN

Rizvi Nazia A.

True feedback

Pros

Very easy to use you can upload any type of file from PNG to video from YouTube, pdf, you can add comments to it. Very easy for students as well. User freindly.

Cons

The free version just allows 5 Padlets, more padlet should be allowed. It should be free for educators.

Thank you for your honest feedback on Padlet! We're glad to hear that the platform’s ease of use and versatility in handling various file types are working well for you and your students. We appreciate your comments about the limitations of the free version, particularly concerning the number of Padlets available and the accessibility for educators. Your suggestions are invaluable as we continually strive to meet the needs of our educational users more effectively. For further discussion, suggestions, or any support, please connect with us on social media (@padlet). We’re here to listen and help wherever possible!

AC

Alberto C.

Public Safety, 1-10 employees

Padlet: An intelligent workhorse

I love it and it helps me get focused for class/workshop preparation

Pros

Ease of use for teacher Ease of use for student Platform availability Evolving features AI Multilanguage support

Cons

Some boards get cluttered while collaborating in real time on them

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Padlet! We're delighted to hear that both teachers and students find it easy to use and that our multilanguage support and evolving features are meeting your needs. We appreciate your input about the clutter on boards during real-time collaboration and will look into ways to improve this aspect. If you have any more suggestions or require assistance, please reach out to us on social media (@padlet). Your insights are crucial for us as we strive to make Padlet even better!

KR

Karly R.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Easy group collaboration

Overall I think Padlet is a great collaboration tool. As a teacher it is a quick way to gain feedback or to allow students to comment on posts in a similar way to social media but all within an educational setting.

Pros

Padlet is a fun and easy way to get your class to collaborate without leaving anyone out. Students really enjoy it as it is similar in concept to Twitter, but the teacher is ultimately in control.

Cons

Only allowed 3 padlets for the free account. I would have to be selective in what I wanted to use it for if I only used the free account. There are so many competing digital tools in education that it is overwhelming to decide, especially since most now have subscription settings.

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on using Padlet for group collaboration in the classroom! It's wonderful to hear that your students enjoy the platform and that it facilitates inclusive and engaging participation. We understand your concern about the limitation of three Padlets on the free account and the challenges of selecting digital tools within an educational budget. We're always evaluating how to best serve educators and provide valuable tools without overwhelming cost. If you have further suggestions or need assistance with leveraging Padlet in your teaching, please don't hesitate to connect with us on social media (@padlet). We’re committed to supporting educators like you in creating dynamic and interactive learning environments!

BR

Bruce R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Accessibility for all learners!

This tool is really helpful for a teacher with ADHD who has difficulties at times keeping things organized. I love the fact I can have students post all their answers in one location and it is quick and easy for me to check their responses. In addition, being that my students are younger, allowing students to give verbal/oral responses is powerful. Padlet also allows my students to be creative in how they want to communicate their thinking. It is also transcends all curriculum, in that it can be used in all subject areas...from gym, such as setting goals...to social studies, such as giving an opinion on the charter of rights and freedoms...or math, such as demonstrating their thinking for a question then taking a picture of their work. All of this in one place...amazing!

Pros

The ability for students to create responses in a multitude of ways (written, pic, video, voice memo, etc.) is empowering. In addition, being able to monitor their responses and provide immediate feedback is exceptional. The interface is slick and easy for all students to use. The kids in my class love it!

Cons

Wish there were a few more free Padlets? :) I'll have to get back to you on this one. Escapes me at this time...I will continue to use your product and should I have some feedback, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.

Hi Bruce, What a lovely and thoughtful review of Padlet! We appreciate it you very much and we are glad that you find Padlet so useful in so many different ways. We hope you know that you can contact us here: https://padlet.com/contact-us or on social media @padlet at any time. We'll try our best to help you.

JF

Jonathan F.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

I love Padlet. Best features.

Delighted user. This software is worth trying. User friendliness at its finest.

Pros

Having fun in what you do is a highway to success. Padlet has given me the freedom I need to take control of my surroundings as a Chief Operating Officer. This comes in hand with an advanced capability to organize work and achieve more. Files, assets and ideas are given the attention they require to drive the company goals to greater heights. Padlet has it all.

Cons

Padlet has no cons in my experience. It is easy to use and maintain. Cost effective and very secure.

Hi Jonathan! Thank you for leaving this review. We are so glad to hear that Padlet is the tool you need to succeed as COO. We aim to delight, and we're glad to have achieved that goal in your case. We'd love to hear more about how you use Padlet. Feel free to drop us a line anytime: https://padlet.com/contact-us - Thank you again for using Padlet!

SC

Susan C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Padlet rocks!

I have ALWAYS been a fan of Padlet. (I have many under two different accounts.) I use them every day in my classes—high school and community college—and am always singing their praises to any colleagues who will listen. Padlets really do rock!

Pros

Padlet is a positive, friendly experience for both teachers and users. I'm always thrilled with the latest updates…in fact, it often feels like they were reading my mind about something I was thinking I'd like to do with my Padlets. And yet, it's still simple, friendly, and a positive experience all the way around.I use Padlets for everything: generating ideas; peer critiques; class critiques; class-generated timeline building; repository of super-awesome links to more information about whatever topic we're working on; exit tickets; the list goes on and on. (It really does. I have a ton of Padlets!)

Cons

The one issue I hit is how slowly my Padlets load. But, it may be because I have a ton of stuff posted to a lot of my Padlets.

Hi Susan! Thanks so much for this amazing review. I'm glad that we are still delighting you with every Padlet update. We'd love to help you troubleshoot the issue with slow-loading padlets. Could you send us a message with any padlets you have issues with? https://padlet.com/contact-us Thank you again for using Padlet!

KY

Kwai Yin L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A versatile tool for learning activities and organisation of ideas

With its range of formats, Padlet enables teachers to tap on them to design & facilitate a variable of activities - It supports teaching and learning in classroom very well.

Pros

1. It is easy to organise responses from respondents using a variety of the formats available.2. I can organise the padlets by bookmarking them for ease of retrieval or reference. 3. It is pretty easy to share padlets through a variety of formats (including QR code, embed in blogs)4. Like the recently enhanced formats (e.g. introduction of sections in grid)

Cons

1. In the BOOKMARK - it is somehow different to read the text when the description is slightly longer. Would be helpful if we can resize the width of the left panel. 2. Upload of images into a single post. Wish there is an option that allows user to upload more than one media in a single post.3. Comments (a) would be great if can have paragraphs instead of only 1 paragraph.4. Comments (b) would be helpful if it can be threaded - to allow greater interaction 5. Comments (a) would be good if we can have simple formatting of text that allows us to emphasize certain points, esp when providing feedback (e.g. BOLD, Italics)

Hi Kwai Yin, We're so glad to hear that Padlet is useful for you. We're particularly glad to hear that you appreciated the addition of sections. We have taken note of your feature requests. These are genuinely great ideas and they have been passed to the product team. We were sorry to see you give us a bad review in customer service. We hope you know that we are always available on social media @padlet or through our contact form, available here: https://padlet.com/contact-us

VH

Vidhi H.

Design, 11-50 employees

Great platform

Great experience. I came across padlet when I was in my college second year. The free feature also makes it possible for you to use a lot of their features - giving users a proper experience of the software before investing in it. You can write, upload, attach, whatever you want. If you're in a creative field - padlet makes your life very easy with sharing access. A lot of processes like mood boarding, user mapping, collateral showcase becomes very easy to showcase.

Pros

I like the fact that there are multiple ways through which I can layout my ideas and my board. It has different themes, and ability to connect posts and segregate them to make sense.

Cons

File mb size. Being a visual designer, some of my images may be of a higher MB. It gets a little difficult to keep compressing it to be able to upload it

Thank you, Vidhi, for sharing your insights about using Padlet. We're excited that our platform has proven valuable in enhancing your creative work as a brand marketer. Your positive feedback on the multiple layout options and themes is greatly appreciated. We understand your concern regarding file size limitations, especially for visual designers. Your feedback is important as we continuously improve our platform's features. It's fantastic to hear that Padlet has streamlined your creative processes, making tasks like mood boarding and user mapping easier. We're honored to be a part of your workflow. Feel free to connect with us on social media @padlet if you ever need assistance or have more insights to share. We're here to support your creative journey.

DS

David S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

using padlet in the EFL classroom for student presentations

It has. been great during lockdown / online classes and now in the classroom it is also fantastic . It is easy to see - in real time - which students are doing the work / preparing their presentations on time - and also very easy for me as an educator to correct grammar / spelling mistakes .

Pros

Very easy to use + FUN for students to use , so they research/prepare their presentations at home and no class time is wasted on explaining what to do .

Cons

Sometimes the slides get mixed up , also a little confusing to have writing both above and below slides - A good option might be to have a menu where you could restrict writing to only section ABOVE the visuals or the section BELOW the visuals - or both ( if you choose this option ) .

Hi David! Thank you for leaving a review. It's awesome that you are using Padlet for student presentations. I'm sorry to hear that sometimes the slides get mixed up. You might already know about this, but we recently released Padlet Slideshow, which lets you create beautiful presentations on Padlet. It might help with the slides getting mixed up. You can read more about it here: https://padlet.help/article/n7c1hy65t4-slideshow If you have any other feedback when it comes to presentations, feel free to send us a message here: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

MB

Mark B.

Padlet used in the Classroom

There have been some issues with student accessibility but overall, the platform has been very useful and time-saving.

Pros

I use this platform to receive homework from my students or to reiterate any announcements or rules in the classroom. This is the best and easiest way for the students to finish their homework, and for me to grade their work and share the corrections with everyone. The students can view all the graded homework and my comments, seeing what works and what doesn't. The students enjoy uploading images and videos to illustrate their point.

Cons

It would work better if everything was invisible until approved and graded. Some students think they can plagiarize other students' work. They never get away with it, but temptation is still too strong. Some students have been able to gain access to administrator settings, which has been unfortunate.

Hi Mark! Thank you for leaving a review. It's awesome to hear about all the ways that you are using Padlet in the classroom! I'm sorry that you're having issues with student access. FYI we do have a feature to hide new posts until you approve them. You can learn more about it here: https://padlet.help/article/v6iz7bhhl1-turn-on-content-moderation If you have any other feedback when it comes to student accessibility, please do send us a message: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

DM

Dan M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Super convenient and intuitive tool for collaborative working

Padlet is now our go-to collaborative working tool for workshopping and insight gathering within focus groups. It has taken the pressure off note takers, and enable participants to communicate their points in their own words rather than being paraphrased by someone else. It has helped us to reassure our members that their views and opinions will be taken away from meetings they have attended with us. It is incredibly easy to set up and share, with a range of useful options that can be aligned with the structure of the meeting or workshop we are running.

Pros

Padlet is very easy to set up and share with others, making it the perfect tool for collaborative sessions involving larger groups in an online space, which has become the way our organisation works most of the time now. Seeing updates to the Padlet in real time assists the conversations, as well as providing those who are less confident to speak out loud with an opportunity to have their voices heard.

Cons

I would like more control over the formatting of the exported outputs in order to make the analysis of content a little easier.

Hi Dan! Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad to hear that Padlet is your go-to collaboration tool for workshopping and focus groups—that's awesome! We would definitely be interested in learning more about your desired formatting for exports. If you have a moment, please drop us a line: https://padlet.com/contact-us Since you left this review, we have added new features to help analyze posted content, particularly the ability to sort, search, and filter posts. I'll link to our knowledge base below. Thanks again for using Padlet! Sorting: https://padlet.help/article/l4wafxzlcm-sort-padlets Searching/Filtering: https://padlet.help/article/d2t0nre37z-search-and-filter-posts

GW

Gail W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

I have a padlet for everything and everyone knows it

Padlet is my go to for everything I do

Pros

The visual features. It looks great so educators love it and so do students.

Cons

Would like to ensure that it is secure.

Hi Gail! Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that you have a Padlet for everything and that both educators and students love it. The visual features of Padlet are indeed a highlight, making it visually appealing and engaging. We understand your concern about security, and we want to assure you that we take it seriously. If you have any specific concerns or questions about security, please feel free to reach out to our support team here: https://padlet.com/contact-us and we'll be happy to assist you. We're delighted that Padlet has become your go-to tool for everything you do. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to support you and ensure your continued success with Padlet.

AM

Anita M.

Helping teachers share files

Has improved how we share our work at school, very helpful

Pros

Very easy to use, excellent for files and links, very visual, easy to pull up

Cons

You can't correct things on a file, you have to discard and start again

Hi Anita! Thank you for your review of Padlet. We're thrilled to hear that our platform has made it easy for teachers to share files and links visually. It's great to know that Padlet has improved how you share work at school. We appreciate your feedback regarding the inability to correct things directly on a file. While we currently don't have that functionality, we're continuously working on enhancing our features to provide a better user experience. Your input is valuable to us, and we'll take it into consideration as we move forward. Thank you for choosing Padlet, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further suggestions or questions. We're here to help!

JD

Joshua D.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent for virtual training breakout room activities

Pros

Padlet is intuitive which is beneficial for quickly onboarding new users to participate in virtual activities during training

Cons

There's no cons that we've encountered with how we utilize Padlet in virtual trainings!

Hi Joshua! Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad that you're finding Padlet intuitive and easy to onboard! I'm also glad that you have no cons for now. If you have any feedback in the future, feel free to drop us a line: https://padlet.com/contact-us Thanks again for using Padlet!

IS

Ian S.

Padlet - An invaluable tool

Pros

Fabulous for collaboration among learners an colleagues

Cons

No...Padlet has everything I need for my requirements.

Hi Ian! Thank you for your fantastic review. We're thrilled to hear that Padlet has been an invaluable tool for you as a Senior Teacher. We're glad to know that you find Padlet fabulous for collaboration among learners and colleagues. It's wonderful to hear that Padlet meets all your requirements and provides everything you need for your teaching needs. Thank you for your continued support and for being a long-term user of Padlet. We're here to support your education management efforts and provide you with an exceptional experience!

JB

Judy B.

Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for curating a variety of resources for any Professional Learning Presentation

Padlet is my "one stop shop" for my Professional Learning participants. I can house all of my resources including weblinks, articles, videos, pictures, PDFs, etc...in one place. I no longer need to make reams of copies, but can simply put a digital copy in my Padlet for participants to view and download instantly. It's a huge time and money saver.

Pros

Padlet is easy to use and to share with colleagues. I love how the different types of resources come together in one environment.

Cons

Nothing at the moment...I like everything about it!

Hi Judy! Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear that Padlet is easy to use and share with colleagues, and that it allows you to curate a variety of resources in one place. We're thrilled that Padlet has become your "one stop shop" for Professional Learning presentations, saving you time and money by eliminating the need for excessive printing. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to support you and ensure your continued success with Padlet.

KA

Kelly A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Padlet is a great tool that has a qualit design for efficient and effective integration

Pros

I like the templates that are simple and help me decide (efficiently) which type of Padlet I want to create to support my learning goals. I also like the standardization of each post and how learners can interact--sure, we can change/modify some of the options but it's not overwhelming to create and facilitate using the padlets

Cons

I miss the "folders". Now, they're bookmarks but I liked before that I could have folders to organize my padlets by courses (which worked best for me). Bookmark does not translate as a way to organize my padlet boards thematically so I always waste time trying to find them

Hello Kelly! Thank you for your fantastic review. It's great to know that you find our templates straightforward and beneficial in meeting your learning objectives. We appreciate your feedback regarding the transition from folders to bookmarks. We understand how important it is to organize your Padlets effectively, especially when using them for different courses. We're sorry to hear that the current bookmark system isn't fully meeting your needs. Your feedback is invaluable, and we will consider it carefully as we continue to make improvements to our platform. Thank you once again for using Padlet and for sharing your thoughts with us. We're here to support your teaching efforts!

BM

Beth M.

love it

love it

Pros

I have used this to share all my resources for families. Such as suicide prevention resources. I have used this in trainings to share out links or resources. Love this arena

Cons

I have trouble with sharing it sometimes. Possibly user error but I find it hard to share it to the public at times.

Hi there, Beth! Thank you so much for your review. We're truly delighted to hear that you have found Padlet to be a valuable tool for sharing resources with families. If you ever encounter any difficulties in sharing your Padlet with the public, please don't hesitate to reach out to our dedicated customer support team at www.padlet.com/contact-us or DM us on social media @padlet. We will be more than happy to assist you and ensure that you can effortlessly share your valuable resources. Thank you for your continued support and for choosing Padlet as your go-to platform. We're here to support you in your important work as a Social Worker and Trainer, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with a seamless and enjoyable experience.