QuarkXPress  Logo

QuarkXPress

QuarkXPress is the world's most powerful page layout and dig

QuarkXPress Reviews - Page 4

My Go to Print Layout Choice For Years

I've been using Quark for so long now that I find it hard to imagine using anything else. At a client's encouragement - and because they owned the software - I did try Scribus but for me it just did not have the same feel or great function that Quark has so after a few hours experimentation I politley delined to keep using it and went back to what I know (and achived excatly what they were looking for anyway)

Pros

Since I first used this software in college (which was more than a while ago) although it has changed and evolved in my opinion it has never stopped being the best layout creation tool there is. I've used it over the years professionally across all kinds of projects and niches and even personally to create materials for the kids' soccer teams etc. And customer service always has been truly top notch, something that is increasingly rare these days.

Cons

The newer Adobe integrations can be annoying and for my purposes not that helpful. Yes, there are days when I wish it had never happened but not to the point that I will actively go looking for something else as an alternative.

Great program for page layout

Overall, I really like using Quark for text input. It is a much more enjoyable experience than inputting text in either Illustrator or InDesign. It certainly blows programs such as Microsoft Word out of the water. It does suffer when you have to move to packaging design and layout.

Pros

I like that Quark allows you precision control over text input in documents. It is especially useful in art projects that are text intensive. I like it best for direction labels, books, pamphlets, magazines etc.

Cons

I don't find that Quark is near as useful for laying out package design projects. It suffers when compared to Adobe Illustrator for setting up art for boxes, product logo labels or flexible packaging of various types (multi-wall bags, form and fill bags, pouches, etc.). It just is not functional for package design and I have found it is limited in its post script adaptability.

Thank you! Your review is much appreciated!