All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Rocketspark Reviews

Pros

Your staff go over and above to help plus the speed at which they respond is fantastic because when you are in the middle of the process you don't want to have to wait long for an answer.

Kerri W.

Read the full review
Their product is amazing and I have frequently recommended it. Working with Rocketspark has greatly improved.

Ave R.

Read the full review
As above, it’s an all round great product. I love the community they’ve built for their partners as well, so we can all work together to help each other.

Amanda F.

Read the full review

Cons

I had trouble finding how to edit title slides, but once I'd figured that out, I was away again.

Read the full review
I struggle with SEO's, and having our website ranked higher in Google.

Justine S.

Read the full review
Sometimes the boxes you put your text is annoying that you can't just write it on the actual webpage you have to open a text box. The space between blocks is also a bit big sometimes.

Ave R.

Rocketspark Rocks

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to be able to offer beautiful functional websites to everyone. I also think the support is next level amazing, they go above and beyond to help, and work with us to build more options

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like, everything I need works!

Easiest website I've ever created

Pros

Rocketspark has been easy to use from the start. I was able to quickly create 3 websites for clients and have recently created a new website for myself. The support team have been amazing and every question or request is taken seriously. The development team are continually come up with new features and improvements - it's always fun to have a play around with new abilities on the sites. And with integrations, Rocketspark have been very thoughtful in the best direct integrations to get up and running and continue to do so.

Cons

I am struggling to think of negative aspects. It seems to do everything I need to on clients/my own websites.

Santie Review

I really love this platform and mostly being that it is a NZ business. I have been receiving more online orders than with my previous Wordpress site and will soon be building a second website for my art. It is super easy to add products, create categories and tags. Love it. Just a few functions could make the experience even better.

Pros

It's easy to set up if you have a good understanding of Wordpress or similar templates. It's easier than wordpress and you don't have to download plugins. No spam through the contact which is great. Checkout is great with awesome gateway payments pages. Good notification on scheduled maintenance

Cons

There is no function for adding a sale price to a product. Customers like to see what they are saving. Promo coupons are great but only for newsletters where you can notify customers. An item on sale function with sale price function would be great. It would be good if an item was sold to not show the price, or have that as an option. Customers cannot open an account and go back into their order....

Best Website Builder

Pros

I have tried various website builders and Rocketspark is the best I have found. They have lots of features and their software is easy to use. Their customer service is what really sold me. Questions are answered promptly and helpfully. I am definitely staying with Rocketspark.

Cons

They have everything I need for my business's website and are always coming out with new features, so I don't feel like anything is missing.

Nightmare turns into a dream build

On Wednesday morning I was tearing my hair out! Needed to transfer my domain and refresh/rebuild my website including eCommerce. Was determined to move to a NZ host. Tried one crowd, couldn't even get an account without an 'error, refer to support' message. And I'd spent two days trying to work with another NZ host/website builder that was complicated and a bit unreliable. That just made me feel stupid. By Weds lunchtime I'd found Rocketspark, and by Friday afternoon I had a new live website and had received my first orders. Brilliant - success!

Pros

It's straightforward & easy to use. There were lots of guides, FAQs and videos to teach me how to build my website. There's a lot of creative flexibility. I like the drag & drop/block building approach - similar to MailChimp that I've been using for newsletters for a while now. They're based in NZ, which meant I was getting top quality, timely support. Everything feels really 'solid' and dependable. They're reviewing and updating info very regularly, so instructions don't get out of date.

Cons

Probably a bit pricey but you get what you pay for, and that wasn't the most important thing for me.

Easiest way to get a website up and running

Excellent!

Pros

I love how easy it is to build and get a website live. The templates are awesome, they are easy to customise, and when it is time to make the site live, the team are there to help.

Cons

Sometimes I can take a few minutes to find how to edit an area of the website. This is part of learning the product though. It's still 100 times easier than any other website builder I have used.

Made in NZ, great for your business!

Designing a Rocketspark website for your business/service or brand is a no brainer, the system is very user friendly, and if you need help or advice it is easy to get.

Pros

I love that this product was developed by, and for New Zealand businesses and service providers. The templates are designed to be beautiful and function seamlessly, they can easily be modified to fit your brand aesthetic.

Cons

As always, businesses need to keep up with current trends. Rocketspark are very proactive with taking on board feedback from its customers to improve its service.

Rocketspark Platform is awesome

Pros

I love how easy the software is to use, the built in templates and how you don't need to understand code to put together a beautiful website. The customer care team go above the call of duty to provide amazing customer service. I also love how I'm supporting a local NZ based company.

Cons

I would love to see more template options as I haven't seen any new ones since I built my website. They are all totally customizable however. I just love seeing new things!

Local Web Design Software

Overall, very satisfied with the product

Pros

Their customer service is really great - the how-to areas on Rocketspark for setting things up are easy to follow, and if you have a question, you can email them directly and expect a quick response

Cons

There are a lot of features that require the more expensive package, but seem fairly straightforward

Great Websites are easy with Rocketspark

We work with our Ad-word partner to drive effective campaigns from this program. It is easy to upload new products and has great features.

Pros

Great to use, easy to update even for users with no or little experience with websites. It has some fantastic features.

Cons

I didn't dislike anything with this software, after looking at a lot of other products we are glad we chose Rocketspark

Overall our experience has been a positive one, easy to get started and great support when needed

We had our old website for 10 years, and it was no longer capable of doing many of the things we wanted to be able to do, to keep up with developments in online retail, and the direction we were wanting to head. In particular at the time of moving, our old website was not a secure site and could not be optimised for mobiles.... Both of these Rocket Spark offered.... and they were recommended and they were local :)

Pros

Easy to follow templates, instructions, and readily available help made it easy to set up the website ourselves without needing to employ a designer or developer. Also the SEO information was really good too. We already knew a lot of this, but had worked long and hard to learn it, so it is great to see it provided. We like that Rocket Spark is a local company, are so available and prompt in replying to us when we contact them, and are constantly looking to develop and fine tune their software.

Cons

The software covers all the basics for an online shop, but lacks some of the features offered by some other providers of online shopping sites. We have contacted Rocket Spark about a couple of these issues and potential additions to our website and have been assured they will be considering them for future development. Online sales data is collected and provided, but can inaccurate as sales figures...

HI Linda, thanks for your review! With the new version of Rocketspark ecommerce we launched recently, we have made some improvements in this area and we have more in the pipeline for better visibility of unpaid orders, refunded orders etc. Please keep the feedback coming. We have invested significantly into Rocketspark ecommerce in the last 6 months and some major new features have been launched but there is even more to come.

Extremely helpful.Any questions are answered promptly. Give you ideas,steps/links to improve .

Easy to use. Able to keep up with current trends. Can be changed at anytime with many options. Good checkout process.Direct links with social media , payment systems etc. Can be personalised.

Pros

Images are taken care of. Easy to manage. Good platform.Kept upto date. Good links with social media and trending ideas. Great value for money. NZ based.It was a perfect way to start a new website with their trial process.I was even fortunate enough to extend the trial until I was sure I was ready. Great expertise team to guide and help you with anything to do with this particular software.Easy to manage and use. Good selection of templates and you have the ability to change any part of the website admin at any time. Good checkout process which links to direct payment system. Great to have the editing and preview available.Links with SEO (and Google). Available search function which I did not have in my previous website. Ability to manage and design banners,slides ,pages,

Cons

Perhaps an easier/clearer comments section on the checkout process as customers don't see it and email me their preferences/messages for cards etc. Currently I get them to place any extra information in the shipping information box near checkout.This is mentioned on my website but they still don't see it!.

Hi Leanne, late last year we released a new version of Rocketspark ecommerce with a completely redesigned ecommerce checkout experience for buyers. Hopefully you like the improvement and thanks for leaving your review.

Rocketspark Rocks

The benefit is not having to do all the coding and back-end stuff that just bogs you down. I can work on the website and let rocket-spark take care of everything else. One of my biggest issues was finding someone to work on site issues. Now I don't have to worry anymore.

Pros

I was a little apprehensive about building a website myself, but I found it all very straight forward and am pleased with the result. I am moving things over from my old site easily and expect to be online soon. The system is very intuitive much to my relief and I have found it much easier to implement than I thought it would be so far.

Cons

I found the software intuitive and easy to navigate.

Still Undecided?

Very good and support staff are excellent

Pros

Simply easy to build an online store especially if one only has a limited number of products - Most desired features are present and integrations work very well

Cons

Would like to see Shipping options improved e.g. shipping cost per product - Shipping based on product weight (s) by regions - what one does in one region affects all regions - I would prefer them to be independent

friendly and helpful staff ...proactive. Smart looking website and easy to use for building DIY

Pros

The support is good. I like the way the i can build my own website with your support. The feeds to my social media is great. Customers report the website is easy to browse. In general this is very good and reliable software so well done guys and thank you.

Cons

I don't like the check-out of my shop. Current configurations are confusing to customers. I don't think long term having to use only one drop down for customers to state where they are from and what area delivery is for will be sufficient. Also not even being able to change the wording on that drop down to indicate delivery instead of country is a little frustrating. Overall customer feed back is its clumsy and difficult to understand. When a customer has a purchase in their basket and wants to go back to the store, it returns right back to the start of the shop not where they left off. This makes shopping for multiple items a longer process then need be for the customer. Thank you for the opportunity to advise and review.

Hi Karl, thanks for your feedback. We recently launched a completely redesigned ecommerce checkout experience for your buyers. Regarding the shipping drop down, this is also on our radar as something that can be improved.

Couldn't be happier with Rocketspark

I love how easily the ecommerce is integrated along with payment gateways which has made my website easy for me and my customers to use. I can update my website and shop when ever I like. I came from a different website builder that was so hard to use and Rocketspark is a dream in comparison. When you are building your website they give you so many invaluable tips to help you create a professional, optimised website. Thank you Rocketspark!

Pros

Rocketspark is so easy to use it is a pleasure and not only that they give you heaps of information on how to build a good website including SEO. They keep improving the software way beyond what you would expect and the customer service is excellent

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software

Why I chose Rocketspark

Extremely good. Once I had figured out how the builder worked, I found it simple to use. I was offered free extra time to build the store, for which I am extremely grateful. Thank you.

Pros

Rocketspark is a New Zealand company and customer service is based in New Zealand. The site is set up for New Zealand GST and shipping/postage options.

Cons

Currently I have the basic Web Builder package, as I am just starting out in the world of e-commerce. Although I know that this is the basic package, I would have preferred full integration with an app. like Go Sweet Spot, as navigating NZ post is a nightmare (especially when mailing overseas) and an option to hold sales (if there is a sales option, I haven't figure it out). I would like to show the...

Great Product Saved my Website

Amazing from mid night support to fixing my errors I was never made to feel like an idiot. They also took on all my product suggestions and the look of my website is ten fold than it was!

Pros

Your not just a number like the big American players. At Rocketspark I felt like I actually got support as if I was a big customer and the servers they host our website on is night and day compared to Go Daddy. The looks and adjustments are so much easier to do aswell that it will actually save my thousands.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. Few small improvements but linking Jotform to the website it solved it easy enough.

First rate service from a dedicated team.....Highly recommended

After many years of running my own web server and having to constantly update software, install software only to find much later that it conflicted in some way with other installed modules, fighting against security breaches etc.etc. I finally decided to let someone else have this daily time consuming headache. Luckily for me, Rocketspark was one of the preferred vendors of VEND (my store's POS system)...

Pros

Very easy to use and understand, with a good choice of template themes which are also easily adapted to suit your preferred style.

Cons

For the more advanced or ambitious web site owner or developer, there are some modules that you will need to ask the support team to have them included. This can seem to be frustrating and costly if you are used to handling installations of modules, plugins or scripts direct from the web root, but this is necessary for the Rocketspark devs to keep control over the integrity, security, speed and functionality of the web servers

Rocketspark is FANTASTIC!!

I have been with Rocketspark for nearly 4 years and would highly recommend them.

Pros

Professional results. Easy to use, edit and manipulate. Great customer service.

Cons

Some limit to the back end functionality when processing orders, however over the years Rocketspark have continued to improve in this area.

As a novice, this was the only website of many that l tried that was exceptionally easy to create.

Pros

I can change anything l want when l want, l can alter the whole look of the website if l want with the click of a button, but best of all and the one thing l found much better than other website providers that l found was these guys really mean what they say when it comes to after sale service, they have gone far beyond my expectations. When l needed advice, layout support, technical support l found...

Cons

The sizing of banners l have to say is tricky, l had to mess around with resizing so many times, but small price to pay for a great website, but thats about my only complaint.

Hi Karen, thanks for your feedback about the feature area editor. We are constantly on the look out for new features and improvements so we'll take that into consideration.

This has been the perfect platform for our evolving business.

Pros

It is easy and quick to set up a professional looking website and online shop with helpful online guidance and prompts. Can access from anywhere, allowing us to be quick with any changes or new products. We have received positive comments from customers about our site. We are not highly tech savvy, more dinasaur than millennial, using Rocketspark has made managing our 2 websites very achievable, we are happy with the results.

Cons

There are times when the features we are looking for to add to our customers experience are not available. There are usually work arounds or the possibility of having custom work done, as well Rocketspark do make changes to the system when many users request it , however somtimes this is not as timely as we would like.

Unreal customer service, and intuitive UI.

Pros

It's just simple. It's easy to use and I can customize things intuitively. Also, RocketSpark's customer service is terrific.

Cons

There is nothing about my experience with RocketSpark that I'd consider as being below my expectations.

LOVE IT

AMAZING, EFFORTLESS and quick!

Pros

The Rocketspark platform is extremely easy to use, we have multiple websites with Rocketspark and I love it! We use another web company as well but I find that Rocketspark looks great, is easy to use and makes designer a breeze (especially for total non-techies)

Cons

Least would be the ecommerce section - BUT that is only as we have multiple websites linking into a master website so need something complex. I will also say since I originally started with the first site with them - it is developing really well.

Amazing customer service from small NZ company

Has been a great platform for expanding our health food company into the online space and increasing sales revenue through online sales

Pros

Easy to use and modify website Great SEO Lovely and friendly staff at rocketspark, fix problems quickly

Cons

Being a relatively new web platform they do have limited features eg. not compatible with google customer reviews yet

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.