Shelf Reviews - Page 3

Shelf is AMAZING! Exactly what our organization needed.

This was the program that we needed to organize our content! We had several locations where we keep content, and ended up with several copies of the same document. Shelf allowed us to have 1 space for our employees to access with the most up to date, recent and most used documents.

Pros

Shelf is so easy to navigate even for those who struggle to use computers. I love that you can design your home page with your 'favorites'. I love the search feature, and that related documents populate with each document. Super organized, beautiful layout.

Cons

I have yet to come across something that I would change about Shelf.

Great product and great customer service!

We use Shelf with our Center of Emphasis service.

Pros

The easy-to-use organizational structure and web clipper are both superb for curating, organizing and tagging information items into digital libraries. OCR enabled search within all digital media including web content, documents, images, videos, presentations, media types and tags provides our users with fast and actionable views of even vast volumes of content.

Cons

I wish they had created Shelf sooner. There are very few collaborative taxonomy programs available and even fewer with the features and functionalities of Shelf.

Great tool for content management

Pros

The faceted search is invaluable to the work we do in managing our extensive collection of educational material.

Cons

Inability to download and tag multiple files/gems at once.

A great tool!

It was a wonderful experience implementing Shelf. The project won the Partnership and Collaboration Award 2018 with Ontario's Economic Development Council.

Pros

It is easy to use and being able to store and share any format of data is very convenient.

Cons

The email addresses of other members are not stored, so when you want to share information, you need to know the address of that person (or copy and paste it from your email).

I recommend Shelf because it is easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use, for our job it is an important thing

Cons

I really don't have anything to write here

Excellent user experience for an unfinished product. I look forward to seeing future updates.

Allows me to organise the massive amount of web content that I consume on a daily basis so that I can find it again.

Pros

It has a very visually aesthetic interface and allows you to add most content from the web to your own personal library.

Cons

It's very limited in functionality once you've saved content. There isn't anything to do except search for it. I have been informed that the developers will be adding such functionality in the future though!

Easy start up

Pros

Both user friendly for admins and users.

Cons

Please fix the table design. When you try to edit a table, the popup for "add more rows "etc always appears in the box you are suppose to add text in. Very irritating.

Brilliant!

This is such a great product! An absolutely brilliant idea that has completely streamlined my work processes and save me time every day.

Pros

Being able to search by multiple functions, like file type, keywords and date. Sometimes I know I have something, but can't remember what it was called or where or when I stored it. Shelf solves that problem.

Cons

I wish they had more integrations, I want to use it with everything.

Shelf is an amazing Sharing tool

Pros

Definitely the most user-friendly knowledge management tool out there. Good for cross-team collaboration. UX is clean, attractive, and intuitive. It doesn’t take much time with the software to be able to effectively and easily use it.

Cons

Would be great if there was a bulk tagging feature, that is probably only one of my main complaints.

Really nailed this one!

Not only are we pleased with how shelf.io functions (so much so that we have made it our entire practice's document repository), but Colin's AMAZING customer service gives us confidence that we will be supported using shelf if/when anything comes up. If you're looking for a easy to use, effective content repository, this is by far the way to go! Thanks guys!

Pros

Easy to use - the web clipper revolutionizes how to quickly add web content and share with team members.

Cons

Lack of a rating system is pretty unfortunate. Although I think that's coming in the future.

Shelf is our best friend

I can resolve every curent or urgent situation by it's default, so it can be true and valid.

Pros

It si easy to use, I have everything I need, all the informations. Every procedure is detaly written and explained

Cons

I didn't find anything that this program don't have.

Shelf review

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to learn, easy to master and has good functionality.

Cons

It lacks some more functions like templates for UI and such. I would have liked more options to be able to structure the UI and the customer experience.

Solving a need we have had for years

A single location that is accessible to my team to use and share material.

Pros

A single and accessible location for all needed and relevant material; not just documents A design so intuitive that they anticipate customer's needs before they need them. Superior customer interaction that goes beyond just support. Customizable to be tailor fit.

Cons

The standard badges that are an additional tag for materials so to highlight them for other users don't fit my organization and therefore need to be able to be created or edited. Please note that I already passed this suggested to Shelf io Management and they are already working on it.

Love this tool

Pros

-Being able to organize information in a meaningful way. -This is so important for distributed teams

Cons

What's not to like? At the moment, its doesn't seem like there are as many integrations are there could be!

Shelf Review

Pros

Easily allows people to maintain and publish content to share information.

Cons

I wish there were more controls on the tags that you could create to apply to content.

Never ask "Where did I put that" again

Pros

Nothing is more frustrating than a customer or a coworker needing something from you and not being able to give them that information. The problem only gets worse when there is a team spread through-out the world. Shelf fixes this.

Cons

These days, a key thing for platforms is being able to integrate with other tools. Considering this is aimed at teams, an integration for Slack is still needed.

review

not too bad

Pros

everything being in one place at once and the subheadings

Cons

not the prettiest to look at and sometimes you can have too may categories

Used as a sales library

Pros

The searchability is wonderful! You can search by keywords, tags, file format, date, etc. It makes it so easy to find exactly what is needed! It's clean and has an intuitive user interface. Saves everyone in the sales organization time because there is now no more searching the most up to date document of anything.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have the same document saved in the same place, but they have discussed that this is one of the features that they are currently working on building. Overall, great product!

Great product and customer support!

Pros

Ease of use. We created our own Knowledge Base internally and found that after we created the "how to" article, it was rarely revisited. With Shelf's powerful searching, we are able to quickly access the "how to" articles as we originally intended. Also, the web clipper is a ridiculously awesome tool.

Cons

Currently integration with products like One Drive and Sharepoint do not exist. But, it is on the road map and currently being addressed.

Share information seamlessly!!

It's so frustrating to share a great website, informative blog post, or knowledge-packed YouTube video with co-workers, just to have it land in their inbox, never to be found again. And this would happen at least a few times per week. Finding Shelf and its Web Clipper was a life-saver. Now, I can grab valuable web content in just seconds and share it with my teammates so they can easily access it later on.

Cons

Great product if you are looking for a place to share content easily and quickly!

We needed a place where we could collaborate and share internal and external information quickly and effectively. Shelf makes it easy to do so! I would highly recommend trying shelf out!

Pros

The ability to quickly load and share content helped us get going quickly. It's a great tool for non-technical groups. Customer service is quick to respond.

Cons

We had an issue with word count but Shelf was able to resolve this for us within a matter of minutes.

Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive it's a mess - not anymore!

I'm using different Cloud Storage Systems for different purposes - Customers, inside the Company, private. Therefore I lost the overview on a daily basis - what is where. With Shelf this days are gone. I just open Shelf, search for what I want and share it, download it or whatever. It is so efficient and convenient - I don't ever want to miss that again!!

Cons

Great Product with a ton of potential

I came to shelf.io after searching for a service that would allow us to share some of our internal documents with others. I wanted there to be an easy filtering feature because Google Docs is a bit difficult in this department. Shelf.io is an amazing tool that allows you to upload basically any type of file. I would highly recommend!

This is the one!

We looked at a lot of places to host our Content Library for employees at Partners, and hands-down, Shelf was the best. Affordable, simple, straightforward, not trying to re-create a social network. Shelf does what it does, and does it great.

great product, great team

Pros

UX is seamless, so easy to use and really well thought add. They are constantly adding new features which is great.

Cons

Nothing really, I think setting up/picking any DAM tool can be a pain but thats not their issue, its just a big decision since migrating off of one onto another is very hard.