Shopify Logo

Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

Shopify Reviews - Page 2

5,728 reviews

Honest and open review of Shopify

My print-on-demand web store was powered by Shopify (which is not active anymore for commercial reasons, but I still keep my account there so I am still a paying customer). Technically, the system is simple to use, and the customer service is superb. Shopify provides you with a few design templates to begin with, which you may need some assistance customizing if you have a specific idea for the look of your future website. That was the most difficult element for me, as it always is when creating a good-looking website. If you opt with something easy, you'll be able to get your store up and operating in a matter of hours - no coding required. And that was i did mostly. I highly recommend Shopify if you are like me.

Pros

I like Shopify's robust backend editor and inventory system, which have helped me manage – and scale – larger stores. I also like Shopify's ability to sell via many channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay. Its unique design functionality and versatility, allow me to choose from a variety of free and paid themes, as well as its extensive library of apps and third-party extensions, all of which help with taking my business to the next level. I like that it accepts over 100 different payment methods and has its own payment gateway, Shopify Payments. Their round-the-clock customer service is also excellent.

Cons

Its inventory has very modest functionality and limited sales channel compatibility, as well as US-only features like real-time delivery, which isn't available anywhere else in the world, to my knowledge. Its inability to support simultaneous discounts is also a flaw. Shopify is also overly reliant on third-party apps, which makes my job more difficult because I have to familiarize myself with all of these addons and the necessity of using other third-party apps to truly enhance the functioning of your store. Shopify also has high transaction fees, which is fine while using Shopify Payments, but it adds up and becomes a significant cost, especially when combined with other payment gateway rates. As a result, it is more costly than it appears.

Shopify Review

As I would see it, Shopify is an astounding stage to develop with. They have the scale, elements, backing, and valuing to cover you whether you are a fresh out of the box new one-item shop - or then again to be the following Amazon. There's no upsell to the following arrangement level - everything is straightforward and clear.

Pros

Speedy, Easy Set-Up. In the event that getting your business online rapidly and effectively is important for your objective, Shopify is perhaps the best stage to help. Client support. Mobile friendly Unimaginable Marketing and SEO Tools. Security and Reliability. Adaptability. Incorporation Options.

Cons

The major con for Shopify is that the membership and exchange charges. Shopify plans start at $29 for essential plans and increment up to $299 for a few progressed plans. Different costs incorporate exchange charges related with selling on the web as well as membership expenses to utilize the applications you want.

Shopify beats all competition in the eCommerce world!

Of all the eCommerce options available, Shopify is by far the most convenient service out there. It offers a wide variety of features and is compatible with most commonly used apps. It has a convenient user interface and is very easy to use! Highly recommended!

Pros

The best thing about Shopify is the ease of use over its competitors. The user interface is very straight forward and the templates they have available practically customize themselves. Shopify also offers a comprehensive knowledge base where you can get answers to just about anything you can possibly think of. If you’re looking for a headache then use one of the other options out there, but if you’re looking for a painless experience getting your online store up and running then Shopify is the service for you!

Cons

Shopify is compatible with a lot of 3rd party plug-ins and apps, but there are still a few they’re missing. For example, we had to switch our email client over to MailChimp because Shopify isn’t compatible with the ReachMail service we had been using… and it took a lot of time to switch everything over. I recommend you make sure all of your current services are compatible with Shopify before choosing them for your eCommerce site.

Shopify gets the job done!

I was unable to make the full switch to shopify BUT I was impressed by what I saw. The overall design of the backend was much cleaner than expected. Sadly, I could not justify the switch as features I wanted cost more when compared to competitors, and the cost difference could not be justified. Its not a complete online e-commerce solution.

Pros

Nearly everything on their backend was well thought out and easy to use. I was able to have an online store configured in minutes from my already existing product catalog, and integration into my already existing product stack was easy to understand.

Cons

The ONE feature I need to be able to switch to literally ANYONE else was NOT a standard feature and would cost me additional fees. Without the ability to distribute keys/codes leaving my current provider serves no purpose as it would just increase my monthly operating costs. The feature set for all of these online e-commerce solutions is almost cookie cutter otherwise.

Easy to use and reasonably priced software for selling online

Overall, Shopify has delivered a great experience and made selling online quite easy. The platform is very well organized and seemingly provides online sellers with the technological infrastructure they need to succeed.

Pros

Shopify is very easy to use and has a number of great apps and plugins to choose from, many which can be implemented for free or for under $20 a month. Also, Shopify has a great program called Shopify Capital that makes it possible for online businesses to get the capital they need to expand their business. Additionally, the software makes it possible for online sellers to offer Buy now, Pay later to their customers which allows them to spread payments out over a certain period time. One last positive is that the software makes doing bulk changes relatively easy.

Cons

One area in which this software can be improved is making it possible for users to change things like UPC or GTIN codes without having to edit each variant. Also, sometimes adding certain apps and plugins can alter the proper functionality of certain software features.

Great platform for small business ecommerce

We're a small agency that used to focus primarily on Wordpress sites, but as clients came to us with sites built on other platforms, we've quickly come up-to-speed on Squarespace, Wix and Shopify as well. Hands-down, Shopify is a great platform for ecommerce, especially for companies that require the ease of having everything they need under one umbrella platform. It's easy to make the site look great, without requiring coding.

Pros

Shopify is easy to set up, modify and manage without requiring outside technical support. The interface is fresh and modern, loads fast, and everything you need in terms of additional software apps are within easy reach from the admin panel.

Cons

I really wish it were easier to create marketing campaign landing pages in Shopify. The platform isn't built for creating multiple unique page types. In fact, it's not intuitive at all when it comes to adding and editing a new page type. Luckily, there are landing page apps available that can help with that. App integration is a snap, and we like that apps are billed monthly... it makes it easy for us to audition a new app and see how well it works for us. There are many inexpensive and even free apps available.

Great CRM

Its super amazing for Ecommerce set ups

Pros

Easy to set up and start you ecommerce site in just a few minutes. I love the fact that they take care of the database, hosting and also the domain, this is what they call Hustle free. I also love the fact that you get many themes out of the box

Cons

it's not very easy to make advanced customization to your theme if you are not a programmer.

Shopify Makes B2C Easy and Affordable

Shopify has been fundamental in helping us to grow our e-commerce side of the business without causing too much work for us to maintain

Pros

Shopify really is the “keep it simple” solution that creates a good experience for the customer. This is probably the most important aspect as it is the impression you make to a customer before they actually receive your product

Cons

Sometimes you desire more features and often you need a 3rd party add on to make it happens. Not all 3rd party add-ons are straight forward and so sometimes it can take some work to make things as you want them

Shopify: A Viable Option, to quickly set up and manage an Online Store with ease.

For me, Shopify (+ Shopify Plus) is the platform par excellence to efficiently and successfully implement e-commerce projects. Even with limited resources, you can sell here on enterprise level without worries and grow later without any problems. Through the large Shopify universe, there is an enormous collective wealth of experience with top talent in the development and consulting of e-commerce projects of any size. We are now implementing many new webshop projects in Shopify. The ease of use makes it great to work collaboratively with different departments on the store. Especially the integrated CDN hosting and the associated performance is really top-notch.

Pros

Shopify offers the possibility to implement ideas directly. Thanks to the modular system, stores can be set up literally within minutes. The existing payment module can be set up, and apps can be installed for analysis, marketing, and aesthetics. Especially for e-commerce newcomers without much background experience in web design, the foundation can be laid quickly and the noticeable progress in success motivates to continue. Anyone who wants to get from A to B quickly and loves Pareto will also love Shopify!

Cons

Due to the simple operation and the now widespread use of Shopify, you run the risk of developing a store 'like any other'. Structure and basic structures are always very similar and require code adaptations to stand out from the crowd. Especially for newcomers, custom coding can be overwhelming, which often leads to the necessity of paid apps or the consultation of specialized web developers, as soon as something "special is required".

Best Ecom Setup There Is

I have been using Shopify for over a year, and it is perfect for doing ecommerce. I have built several stores using this product and it is now down to a science where it takes less than a day to research, setup and run a store on Shopify.

Pros

If you are doing ecommerce, Shopify is it. From product selection, sales, fulfilment, customer retention and increasing lifetime value of customers, this all in one platform does it all. With the use of apps, it possible to extend the functionality of Shopify to manage any scenario.

Cons

Based on the use of apps, it may see your monthly cost increase and slows down the website you are using to sell

The Most Easy to Use CMS for Building a Virtual Store

As an owner of a digital marketing agency, I often need to build virtual stores for my clients. Normally most of the clients are the owners of small businesses and they can't afford to hire a professional developer for maintaining their e-commerce store. This is why I was looking for a platform that will help my clients maintain the site by themselves without going through a steep learning curve. Then...

Pros

The most interesting thing about Shopify is that it needs no technical knowledge to get started. But that doesn't mean you can't use advanced features on this CMS. Using plugins, themes, templates all are quite easy on this platform and you don't need a full-time maintainer to manage your small business store made by using Shopify. Another great feature of Shopify is the integration with various payment...

Cons

Honestly speaking I didn't find any major cons while using the software. I have some small stores as well as some big e-commerce shops running on Shopify and I didn't miss any features while building those. But I have a few suggestions about improving the product. For example, the mobile layout of the site should be more lightweight so that it loads faster on slow internet devices. Also, if you can introduce a free plan with limited features that will help most small businesses.

Shopify Fit Our Needs Perfectly And Continues To Impress

Until the end of 2020 we had a legal forms business, selling paper and electronic forms both in a storefront retail setting and via our website. We had to close the retail space and substantially streamline and simplify our website as it had been custom-coded and was complicated and expensive to maintain. Shopify offered a turnkey solution at a fraction of what we'd been paying – pretty much a no-brainer.

Pros

Setting up our company and its shop was very easy, as well as finding a visual theme that suited us and meshed well with our existing branding. There's a wealth of free themes, and countless additional paid ones, so it's hard to imagine anyone not finding what they need. Shopify's core functions are quite complete and comprehensive, but if you find there's something they don't do for you out of the box, chances are good that there's a third-party app that will answer the need, and usually for not very much additional expense.

Cons

Importing existing products into the store was a pretty big project (although of course, not all new store creators have 200-300 products they need to start up with like we did), and editing and/or customizing those products can be time-consuming and sometimes awkward. There are times when I'd really like to multiple-select several products and modify the same attribute for all of them, but the system doesn't support this. I have a feeling they'll add support for this kind of thing somewhere down the line.

Shopify For Dollars

I have used Shopify for a few years now and am happy with the service. I will continue to use this service.

Pros

I love using Shopify to sell my music and merchandise. This platform makes my store stand out with various design features and also allows me to give fans a unique experience while shopping.

Cons

The only thing about this software is that digital goods are hard to sell because of a lack of apps and features for these products. Especially music and music preview players and e-books.

One of my favourite ecommerce platforms

I use shopify to create ecommerce stores for my clients who specify that they want shopify or that aren't sure what platform they want their ecommerce built on. It is great if you are doing drop shipping and managing your inventory and orders is quite very easy.

Pros

Shopify is easy to set up. You can set up your own ecommerce fast without needing to take a course or having a lot of technical knowledge. All you need do is pick a template that you like, use it as it is or style it to suit your brand or business. Different plans that cater for different people. Whether you are just starting or you already have a lot of customers, you can chose a plan to grow your...

Cons

The only con I have with shopify is that they have control over all your site files since they host it. Unlike WordPress where you own your site a 100%, with shopify this isn't so. It could get really expensive when you start adding other plugins to improve the functionality of your website.

Shopify Symbolizes Seamless POS to Delivery Functionality

I enjoy seeing large and small business succeed with the same eCommerce platform. Shopify is used by so many retailers and this capacity is what makes the program so powerful. This diversity in the user base also enables Shopify developers to fine tune new product enhancements that are truly helpful in growing a business.

Pros

Chewing gum and walking at the same time can oftentimes be problematic for some. But with Shopify you don't have to worry about multi-tasking. The robust functionality of the eCommerce platform enables the user to create and implement a POS to delivery system that truly reflects the mission of the business enterprise. The ability to take a complex program and customize it to optimize the goals and objectives of the business is critical in today's competitive and challenging marketplace. Don't get lost in the noise from the implementation stage. Shopify is the ideal navigator of successful alignment and implementation.

Cons

As with any conversion process, there are hurdles in the implementation. What I liked least was the learning curve, but this is true of any new product.

Shopify is a very good platform for someone with a larger business and inventory. Its a 4.5 for me!

I will highly recommend Shopify to anyone as it helps you create a platform or a website which fits your niche. It is very secure and it has so many modes of accepting payments. They have a lot of seller features to improve sales.

Pros

Here, you have a lot of features. No tech skills, no problem. If you understand how to use these features, you can create a very user friendly store with a beautify user interface. It is also very secure and reliable. Their customer support is also great since there have a 24/7 customer support service. You can accept both online payments and POS. They also have a mobile app which make the who experience so user friendly for the seller, from listing and inventory management to fulfilling orders. You can also create as many stores as you want, depending on the niche.

Cons

There is a monthly fee associated with Shopify, irrespective of your sales. Also, since you are creating a store from already established templates, full customization is limited. You also need to run ads or drive traffic to your store. If your store is still a new one, you have have low sales during the beginning.

Getting better Shopify

Shopify, subsequently, is the ideal instrument for those looking for more noteworthy usefulness and better outcomes inside their web based business. This stage is particularly suggested for the people who don't have an enormous group to deal with every one of the requests or even the time expected to deal with the different undertakings of an online store. For the people who are searching for more...

Pros

With guides focused on the individuals who are not exceptionally acquainted with instruments of this sort, one of the primary benefits of Shopify is its simple convenience. All things considered, with this internet business stage, you don't have to stress over the more specialized piece of the executives. One more ideal point for the individuals who utilize this instrument is the ease of use and responsive...

Cons

Notwithstanding offering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, Shopify utilizes some sub-catalogs that can hurt the SEO execution of your page. The URL of normal pages, for example, "About Us", don't have the ideal design to streamline your page's query items. Area names are excluded from any of the accessible bundles. What's more, facilitating for your page should be bought. For facilitating...

Shopify Saved Our Business - And Made It Grow!

Shopify literally saved our business. If we'd had to continue on WordPress, we never would have gained traction in the marketplace. Now I have been able to make my ecommerce business my sole full-time job, and we ship model horses around the world. There is so much flexibility in the platform that you can make it do whatever you need it to for your business, and last but far from least: Shopify...

Pros

We started with a WordPress store in 2012 and it was a terrible hassle. It always needed to be updated and was subject to constant hacking attempts. We moved to Shopify in 2015 and our sales DOUBLED in the first year! They've continued growing every year since. Shopify handles updates and security wonderfully, leaving me free to do what I do best - Market and sell our items!

Cons

There are a few basic features that many of us have tried to get added for years, but Shopify instead chooses to have users fall back on apps to provide them, like branded packing slips, the ability to create another shipping label after an order has been shipped (in case an item was forgotten, or we want to send a promo item, etc), things like that. They are all available by using apps, which generate money for independent app developers, but that money comes from our budgets, so we wish they were built in.

Shopify is vital for e-commerce, but be weary of upgrading to Plus.

Overall, it has been great. I just wish that the sliding scale for Plus hosting started at a more reasonable amount ... I mean, if they took away my MSM and increased my CC processing, they should have reflected that in my monthly hosting. Just started at $1499 vs $2K would show more good faith in wanting to grow WITH a brand vs taking whatever they can get. (Hence I have been debating whether or not...

Pros

I have run my business on shopify for nearly 8 years. I love how user-friendly the backend is and how even with VERY limited coding experience, I can update cosmetic issues seamlessly and easily by myself through the theme editor.

Cons

There are a lot of things that could be better. I feel like the constant response when you need to figure out how to do something is, "oh, there's an app for that" ... and apps cost money. With ShopifyPlus, already being $2,000 a month, it can be pretty hard to stomach SO many third party apps to get stuff done. Especially when most 3rd party apps can clutter your theme-file and cause unexpected issues...

Shopify is an amazing solution for e-commerce and selling directly to customers

Overall, the experience with Shopify has been positive. It allows amazing functionality for direct-to-consumer purchase that is lacking on most platforms. The social media and marketing integrations are the best in the industry. Shopify automates sales with ease, and makes it easy for anyone to start a business and make their dreams into a reality.

Pros

Shopify is the best software I have found for selling and marketing directly to customers and fans. It takes a very hands on approach, but the integrations with social media, marketing, ads and the e-commerce capabilities are truly world class. I love how you can manage everything from the dashboard, and use apps to print on demand directly to customers, or sell your own products using the shipping integrations and automatic processing.

Cons

Shopify is amazing overall, but has some drawbacks. The interface is a bit clunky compared to other e-commerce platforms, and does not allow bulk edits. It is not ideal for businesses with massive product catalogs, as each product needs to be edited individually. The price can get high very fast, since a more expensive plan is required to get third party calculated shipping rates. The somewhat...

Shopify - Easy to use and looks great!

Overall, Shopify has been a great experience. It does everything well, and even though the backend can sometimes get confusing, the front-end product it delivers to users is beautiful and efficient. I highly recommend Shopify if someone is thinking about launching an online store. It's simple if you need it to be, and complex if you need to expand to fulfill a large online e-commerce presence.

Pros

Shopify is very good at what it does. I like that Shopify can be streamlined and simple, or complex and robust. It's easy to have a store up and running within a few hours. However, if you want to do Shopify well, I recommend diving into its vast features and offerings. One of Shopify's best features is their analytics tracking. When logging in, Shopify gives an overview dashboard of what is happening in your store. You can see recent orders, sales trends, and even where you're slacking on order fulfillment. Additionally, Shopify provides stats on abandoned checkout cart conversion percentage compared to other stores, sales earnings compared to previous weeks, and even shows which users are live on the site at the moment you view it.

Cons

Shopify has many, many strong points. However, it does get tricky with its product categorization. The way to classify product tags and collections is not intuitive, and can definitely confuse new users. Additionally, Shopify makes order shipping label printing difficult when not paired with one of their partners (USPS, UPS, DHL).

Shopify Store Impact

I would recommend this product to somebody else if you are just beginning your journey with e-commerce and you do not want to waste a lot of time launching or developing a website.

Pros

I really like the user interface because it's not complicating to read or review and it doesn't take away time from any person that's just beginning to write or develop their own website.

Cons

I do not like the paid website templates I think it should be more open sourced to integrate with sites such as WordPress and woocommerce so that more people can access this platform; however, I do understand they provide a holistic package for small to medium sized businesses which is much more affordable than some options.

Shopify makes everything easier

I love using Shopify because it’s user friendly and thus saves me a lot of time. The theme choices and app options are excellent do you can really enhance your website and make it look professional.

Pros

It’s very user friendly with lots of options to help business growth and development. Customer service is fast and efficient. They are very helpful and friendly and easy to get a hold off. Constant updates and apps to add to your site means you stay up to date with new trends and features. Also Shopify integrates easily with a lot of things you need like Facebook catalogue, other wholesale sites etc. You can basically transfer over your inventory in 1 click. You also get great discounted rates on shipping.

Cons

It is more expensive than other options plus to integrate anything eg. Instagram, email newsletter function, galleries etc you need to pay for an app. Some apps are free but very few. A lot of features are only available on the more expensive pro plan.

Best Website Software for Building a Business!

Shopify alleviated numerous headaches we were experiencing with Squarespace, made it easy for us to handle pickup and delivery orders (the ability to leave order notes and track an order's history are super helpful!) and has given us great insights into where our website traffic comes from.

Pros

We love Shopify's clean website templates, added features like live visitor counts and its thousands of app integrations. Using Shopify has given us the ability to truly understand our customers and their wants and needs through thorough reporting. While we don't currently use all of Shopify's features and apps, we love knowing that as our store grows and changes, the features and functionality of our Shopify store will too!

Cons

The administrative Shopify website often loads slowly, so completing basic tasks can sometimes be tedious. While it functions without this feature, we would appreciate it if it was possible to run multi-product purchase orders or inventory adjustments in Shopify - we currently have to increase the in-stock product quantity item-by-item when we receive new orders, which is time consuming.

Best e-commerce Website Hosting Platform

Our clients are extremely happy with Shopify as a website hosting platform and have seen positive increases in their business from having a platform that works so well.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user friendly and is designed to not break with updating like many of the other website hosting platforms. It is easy to update and page load speeds are quick. Their reporting is also user friendly.

Cons

Cost is slightly higher that their competitors like Wordpress or similar. This cost is easily recouped in the website performance and lack of need to continually update things.