Shopify Logo

Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

Shopify Reviews - Page 5

5,728 reviews

Great small business e-commerce platform

Shopify was relatively easy to setup and manage. Their large marketplace of add-ons and app integrations makes Shopify a vital e-commerce tool. For simple inventory and price tiers, Shopify is the best choice.

Pros

Easy to setup web store with multiple app integrations make Shopify the go-to e-commerce platform for many small businesses. Inventory control, customer tracking, and website builder are among the better features. Access to marketing tools and add-ons make Shopify a very powerful tool.

Cons

Shopify has issues with multiple price tiers, multiple brands, and specific types of discounts that have item exclusions.

Shopify is a must-have for e-commerce

We love Shopify. It makes our business run!

Pros

-Shopify was extremely easy to learn. We integrated 300+ products from Etsy over to Shopify, and I was quickly able to launch our Shopify site. -I like the ability to edit products in bulk. -I like the inventory system and being able to connect our inventory to our Faire site is a game changer. -The ability to do so much through the mobile app is also a big plus for our business. -The UPS discount we receive saves a ton of money on shipping for our customers.

Cons

The only frustration I’ve experienced is not being able to create a scan form for USPS batches of shipping. We ended up using a 3rd party shipping site so that we can print a scan form for the USPS orders we ship all in one day.

Best E-commerce Platform

I moved over from a different e-commerce platform and the difference between them and Shopify could not be more apparent. Shopify's tech support is eager to help and well-informed. Their pricing is reasonable for the service. Their app store is excellent, and their website templates are great.

Pros

Shopify is well priced and has an extensive app library that you can purchase and install. This makes Shopify very customizable to your business needs.

Cons

There are some features that I wish were built in for better functionality... like the ability to have nested product options. However, most problems have app solutions (including this one) and although the solutions are sometimes clunky and more pricey than I'd like, they work.

Shopify has no competitors

Nothing but good and more good. Every issue I have ever had was resolved properly

Pros

Ease of use and by far the best customer service I've have had with an online product and I have used them all.

Cons

It can get pricey with app you could use but dollar for dollar It suits me best and is the best fit for the sites I manage as well

Best E-commerce platform in the market

I have tried several similar platforms but Shopify is hands down the best E-commerce platform in the market. Definitely will recommend to all new entrepreneurs who are trying to learn drop shipping.

Pros

Shopify is the best platform for drop shipping and also for retailers who want to take their shop online. Anyone with no previous experience with web designing can also easily set up a shop and start selling globally. The dashboard is very user friendly and they also have tips and instructions displayed upfront to help you set up easily. It also has a 14 day trial that allows you to set up things...

Cons

Shopify has no cons to be honest. Everything works fine from the day you set it up and you do not need to patch or upgrade anything ever. The basic fee per month is also money well spent for all the amazing features. Its all just upto you to market your products and get sales to keep ur shop running.

Software buyer's review

Like referenced before Shopify helped alot as worldwide retail working framework supporting present day improvement: - No requirement for high capital venture. - No requirement for stock administration. - No requirement for stockroom/rental space. also, up until this very sameday individuals track down Shopify dependable, safe, it's usefulness, attractiveness and Cost-viability spot on. It's arrangement aided regardless aiding clients from little to mid-business to develop huge on their internet business website.

Pros

Shopify is one of the most inconceivable electronic business stages accessible today, especially expecting that you keep a greater business. It's planned to help with peopling create their own, versatile electronic store with numerous understood components, and tremendous heaps of utilizations. You can sell things clearly on your website, and across various business places and electronic media.

Cons

Shopify brings countless orders however interm of dropshiping stable, we as a whole realize insurance is key regardlessly individuals of unexpected assumption actually track down internet based an unsafe instrument for maintaining a rewarding business, have more extra contribute on cyberpunk, framework support (HTTPS)& (SSL) so clients can see helpfully infor security necessities. SSL is fundamental...

Experiences from using Shopify over 5 years

I would give shopify top marks if it wasn't for the duplicate customer issue. Had I know about it I would never have chosen it in the first place.

Pros

It is very flexible and does most things for a simple shop using the free themes and apps, however you will need IT skills to customise it further - or pay for specialised apps. It is fairly easy to manage customers and orders using online or the POS application.

Cons

The major omission is the inability to merge customer accounts - which often happens when customers change email or mistype when placing orders. What is worse is that this has been requested by many many merchants for over seven years via multiple support and feature requests and in a dozen or so threads on the community forum and shopify have simply ignored it. As I run a primarily magazine subscription business having a clean customer database is essential.

Just what we needed

Great experience. We still use Shopify and will continue to use it as long as we have an ecommerce business.

Pros

The free templates were just enough to provide what we needed. Ease of use and categorization provided a great launching pad to take our business to the next level.

Cons

We would like to see more free plugins available. Many of the features were limited unless the admin knows coding.

The best e-commerce platform

Shopify is one of the most influential platforms on the world stage, success, in my experience, is deserved. I liked the 10 free themes, each with at least two or three variations, they are entirely responsive. I automatically divided hundreds of products into categories with a tool that reads labels, titles, tags and more and saved me money. Useful is the app store that offers an unlimited range of applications, free or paid, which allowed me to do almost anything.

Pros

If you want to sell it is the best. Shopify is definitely one of the cheapest ways to sell online: I started with the 3 month free period during the pandemic, I tried the $ 9 / month starter plan to sell an unlimited number of items, I took advantage of many useful features, such as the ability to sell products also from the Facebook page. But you can use Shopify in a physical store for both purchases and to manage the warehouse, and above all use the Shopify Buy Button, which allows you to sell through blogs or pre-existing websites.

Cons

The limit of the three options per product, the transaction fees, the fact that, in some cases, it is necessary to install an app to have a certain function. Very few disadvantages compared to the numerous advantages.

Highly recommend for all eCommerce

I can't imagine using any other platform for our website/sales home base. We actually acquired another company using a different platform for their website and are looking to migrate as soon as possible.

Pros

Shopify is both simple and powerful. An individual could easily set it up on their own, but there are lots of options and great features if you have a team/experience.

Cons

While you can achieve most things via the various apps that are available, there is some functionality that seems like it should be available natively in Shopify. For instance, there isn't built-in functionality for customers to filter products while browsing. If you have more than just a few products, this is very necessary. You can take care of it with apps, but it would nice if things like this were available from Shopify out of the box.

My Shop Shopify

Shopify solved all my e-commerce problems for real. I make more than 5,000€ in sales per month, I hope it's something very nice for me. They helped me in my online business

Pros

In truth I am very happy to have discovered this software, and I will never finish thanking the developer. Shopify is a software that anyone can create their online store and it's very easy to use and the navigation in its store is very nice, I mean very easy to navigate. Are you a merchant and want to create an electronic store to get more customers? So I recommend Shopify because it helps people like me solve their needs

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Shopify, personally it's the price 26€/month I hope it's too expensive if the developers can help us on this level it will be good

Great Tool for E-commerce Beginners

Great tool for newbies. However, not as flexible and as customizable as other platforms. To get more functionalities means additional costs which can become pricy. Not so ideal for large websites that require a lot of customizations and have high transaction volume.

Pros

- All-in-one, easy, user-friendly e-commerce builder for beginners to set up professional looking websites quickly with no prior e-commerce experience. - Impressive looking and fully responsive Shopify themes (free or paid). - Large 3rd party app store that covers almost any functionalities a website may need for customization. - Shopify ensures all software and plugins updated frequently for security. - Excellent program for dropshipping.

Cons

- Many needed functionalities, such as product reviews, not included and involve installing paid-for apps which are expensive and can slow down website and affect performance. - Cost can add up and becomes very expensive with subscription fee, transaction fees, credit card fees, and plugin fees. - Product images not cropped automatically to uniform ratio. Required to be done separately and manually. - Limit of 3 options with limited number of product variants up to 100. - Rudimentary blogging functionality. - No automatic breadcrumbs by default. Users need to be knowledgeable to make changes to activate breadcrumbs. - Shopify's jargons are non-universal and can be confusing for new users.

From Wordpress blog to Shopify store

To be short, so many less complications. Just because a company is older doesn't mean they're more experienced. Especially that Wordpress in for many different uses, Shopify on the other hand is a specialized eCommerce platform. I've used Wordpress for personal blogging since 2014 but when it came to setting up an online store for some reason I built one on Wordpress and tried the free trial on Shopify at the same time. And I cannot stress this enough, using a specialized platform is way way easier than a multi-use platform. I said what I said.

Pros

Shopify is the most user-friendly eCommerce platform. I appreciate that we can give our consumers with an easy-to-use online store that is flawlessly connected to everything on the backend. Oh and the call to action button at the front page is my favorite! And I think Shopify templates are designed with thoughts behind them. they're modern and up-to-date that even a first-timer can build a great shop that is able to exist in the competitive market without a doubt.

Cons

One con that I've struggled with honestly is at first, when we started we used a free template. And it's that most free templates don't offer the Arabic language or they offer the language to a limit ad you'll have to manually translate everything else. I remember spending hours just translating and sometimes I translate and don't know where the translation lands on the review page. We had to get it audited by 3 people. A month ago we started using a paid template and there's still some translation needed just way way less than the free one's.

Shopify is THE platform for e-commerce!

I love Shopify. I had my website on another platform at first. After switching to Shopify, I was so mad that I didn't just start with them. They were made for e-commerce and other platforms just don't compare.

Pros

Shopify is super easy to use for people, like me, who have no web design/development experience. Shopify also has a ton of apps and integration options with other platforms. I can connect my Shopify store to anything I need to. Shopify is also always upgrading features and taking suggestions from users. I love the data I'm able to get, with the middle tier plan.

Cons

Honestly, the few areas of improvement I had, have been resolved. Shopify is good about listening to their users.

Robust, all-inclusive solution to sell in-person and online

We are able to run a Campus Store in three locations on our campus.

Pros

I like that Shopify allows me to enter all of the inventory into one system and then sell both in-person and online out of that same inventory. I like that I can pay one low monthly fee to sell in both contexts. I like that the system is intuitive, cloud-based, and that I can sell anywhere there is an internet connection!

Cons

I wish that some of the more premium features were available in the mid-tier solution, particularly integration with FedEx, but for what we pay, we're making do. I also wish some features were native to the application rather than having to download and pay for third-party solutions.

Shopify: A great choice for your e-commerce needs

Ease of service Easy way to add your customer service

Pros

Shopify is a great platform for launching a quick, efficient and reliable e-commerce store. I have had to date 4 different stores hosted on the Shopify platform. I keep coming back because of the absolute ease of setting up my stores. Another perk are the various plugin/apps that are available at the click of a button. If you have minimal tech knowledge, you will be able to set-up your store without having to hire anyone. Shopify is a great and easy solution for your e-commerce needs.

Cons

Shopify used to provide a 30 free trial and now the changed it to 14 days. I think it takes at least 30 days to get the feel for the platform and learn to navigate it accordingly so it would been great to reinstate those initial 30 day trials.

Best Value for your Money

Pros

Shopify provides you with the solid framework to create a successful webstore very easily and for a good value. The templates they have available are reasonably priced and allow you, if you have an eye for design and a head for layout and organization, to make a very high quality and professional looking webstore with only a little effort. I really appreciate that Shopify provides a "all in one solution"...

Cons

I really don't have many complaints. I wish I had more access to certain reporting features, but I CAN have access if I choose to upgrade my plan. But thats on me, not Shopify, because I choose to stay at the basic plan. There was one day, in the last six months, where they seemed to have trouble processing and loading and hosting my site -- but one day in six months isn't bad.

Great potential and possibility, but cannot skip tech spend

Shopify is riding a popularity wave right now which makes integrations plentiful and easy. Their CDN is fast and dependable. If you dedicate a decent development contractor budget, you'll be fine. If you try to do it solely on your own, it is very time consuming.

Pros

The interface is easy enough to understand that, even if a programmer has rewritten the entire site in unique liquid code, someone unfamiliar with the platform could verify order information, write blog posts, refund customers, etc. Businesses require collaboration so this is certainly advantageous. Plugins/apps don't crowd the original UI so your main menu will always stay the same. Finally, Shopify...

Cons

Always another tech language that's used, always another developer required. Customization nearly always requires a developer if its beyond swapping photos or fonts. Products with complex dependent variants do not work past a certain number of options. Limited. Be very wary of Shopify's app for Google products (ads, tags). These are essential for remarketing and configuration is often better done through coding and google than one of shopify's apps.

Great Online Store Builder for Beginners

I will say the first time I used Shopify I was very impressed with how easy it was to work in. I got a call from a friend who runs a non-profit. He had his designer bail on him after saying he would start the project in Shopify. I took at look and after getting into the system it was clear the other designer had done nothing with my buddy's web site. I had never used their system before but the...

Pros

- Really easy for beginners to build an online store; you can literally build a store in a matter of minutes - Does not require any coding knowledge - Excellent interface to work in - Great built-in tools for working with social media networks - Fantastic choice if you have a small inventory and are wanting to dip you toe into the e-commerce world cheaply

Cons

- Reporting is a bit lack luster for medium to larger businesses - Inventory tracking is not good if you need more than just quantity on the shelf - If you have a lot of products and skus it can become hard to manage products; their system is truly targeted to smaller merchants or business owners selling out of their garage - Does not sync with Desktop accounting software

Shopify is Good for Big Businesses with monthly sales over $10000

If you're trying to choose between Shopify and another ecommerce platform, you'll probably be wondering which one to choose. You'll want to look at its price, customization capabilities, Lock-in feature, and support. Shopify is rich in all these.

Pros

The Shopify platform has a rich customization option. However, you will have to pay for the extra customization plugins if you want your store to be even more customizable. However, this is an excellent choice if you have a wide variety of products and don't need to customize every aspect of your store. You can also create your own themes if you want. Shopify's customizable checkout experience is secure and optimized.

Cons

Pricing for the basic plan of Shopify starts at $9 per month, but goes up to $2k per month if you need more features. In addition to monthly pricing, Shopify also offers an advanced plan that caters to large merchants. The Advanced plan includes custom reports and automation tools. Additionally, the transaction fees are lower than the other Shopify subscription plans. For instance, Shopify charges 2.4% for in-person sales and 0.5% for payments via external gateways. So, it's tough for small merchants to afford.

the BEST e-commerce software available

THE BEST PERIOD. no other e-commerce platform compares.

Pros

Shopify has many benefits: 1) extremely easy to navigate platform - they make everything so user friendly and beautiful. tons of images to visually keep you engages and interested while using 2) shopify blogs, help articles, education portal, and resources are AMAZING. This is the single best company I've ever seen that offers so much education and help for FREE. This is very helpful for a small business owner doing everything yourself. 3)thousands of apps available to further the shopify experience and add to your store to do anything possible. 4)cost effective - they offer so much for the most basic plan and you can even pause your subscription whenever you need to

Cons

sometimes the apps are not quality made and can slow down your store or not work properly, and sometimes you can't find help on really detailed things that are related to coding/building your site in a customized way. I also don't like that only the first page in your site is drap/drop and easy to create without coding/html experience, and all other pages you add have to be custom coded. This is not easy for 90% of the population who are not web developers. If they can do it for the landing page, they should provide it for any page you want to add to your site. I'd even be willing to pay more.

Shopify Perks & Shortcomings

Overall, Shopify is the clear leader in their industry. Do they have shortcomings? Sure. But compared to their competitors, the shortcomings are few and far between. After all, no system will ever be exactly perfect to your unique business unless you decide to build your own software which comes with the glitches and lack of functionality that building your own software entails.

Pros

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Shopify is entirely unparalleled in this regard. Their live chat option is not only convenient but staffed by PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! They are not an outside tech support and it is clear how well each of them is versed in the system and its capabilities. Another amazing feature about Shopify is the plethora of apps that are available in order to customize your system (many of which are free!). This means that if Shopify is lacking in any way in terms of your particular business needs, there is definitely an app for it.

Cons

1. They dont allow for multiple warehouses/locations in their inventory system! 2. They dont allow for cost of goods (COGs) vs. Retail pricing in their system which means it is completely useless for any inventory management or accounting needs 3. Their inventory system doesn't have an "inventory taking" system built in which means it has to be done manually (NOT an option for anyone who has ever had to actually manage an inventory. which i assume is ALL of us) Overall, their shortcomings are ENTIRELY within the inventory department which is such an essential aspect of running a business and book keeping.

An Ideal Ecommerce Platform

We're currently building a Learner Management System for our e-learning programs to give students, parents and schools easy access to our products and services. Everything we need to build this facility is available within Shopify, so we do not have to wander about, carrying the burden of how to integrate external app/services to make things work.

Pros

As a web developer, I strongly recommend Shopify to all businesses and individuals with or without any technical background to take advantage of the numerous facilities that Shopify offers in one place, to run a successful online business. It's very easy to use, especially for those who do not have any technical background. It gives you total control over the appearance and management of your site. They offer one of the best Customer Support; so effective, polite, friendly extremely supportive.

Cons

The free trial period could be extended from 14 days to 30 days so that users can have enough to explore all the major tools/apps that could support their business before they make their final decision.

Is Shopify A Good E-Commerce Platform?

I have nothing but good experiences to now with Shopify. There have been times when we had to enlist the support team to work through issues, and they were there every time to get things right fast. That is why I still maintain stores on the Shopify platform.

Pros

I have used Shopify for some of my e-commerce stores for 18 months and have had a good experience with the platform. It is very easy to set-up and gets to the business of selling quickly. For the new person who is entering the e-commerce online marketing segment, that will help a lot. Rather than working through the challenges of setting up a website and designing it so it works well, you have a ready solution and can upgrade later as you gain experience with widgets and add-ons that will work seamlessly with the platform and help you sell more.

Cons

I do think that over time the costs go up too much for using the platform. Initially, it will not cost much, but as you grow your business, the monthly costs will go up for using the platform and any add-ons that you may use. This is not really a con in some way since you are going to be earning more. It is something that the entrepreneur needs to be aware of and plan for. As in any business, there is a cost for having the resources you need.

Great experience with Shopify

Pros

When at first i was starting out i didn't know anything about online store, but eginners (and experts) alike may use Shopify to build online stores without having to know how to code. There is no need to install software or use a hosting service. Shopify has subscriptions ranging from $29 to $299 per month, and if you utilize Shopify Payments, there are no additional transaction costs.

Cons

We've all attempted to browse a website only to be greeted by obnoxious advertisements and popups. Anyone who has had a bad shopping experience on your eCommerce website may abandon it. Voice search is a growing trend in eCommerce, and it will soon play a significant role in how people shop online. The issue with voice search is that it returns really targeted results. This implies you'll need to improve your store pages for voice search visibility.