Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

Shopify Reviews - Page 5

3,902 reviews

Awesome software!

Pros

I love the simplicity Shopify gives me. Thank you for allowing me to scale my ecomm business so seamlessly!

Cons

I do not like the percentage taken off of each sale in addition to the monthly subscription fees.

Palaciobox using Shopify

At Palaciobox, we always recommend Shopify to our customers who want to start their Ecommerce business. Shopify is very user friendly which is why we recommend this platform. Easy for clients to make their own changes on the site and that's a big plus for clients.

Pros

Shopify is one of the best platforms to start an Ecommerce business. There are many premium templates to pick from and easy to customize. The User Experience is awesome and the the admin panel is easy to navigate.

Cons

The platform has very little to no flaws. Customer service is great to work with and the user interface on the admin panel makes this platform amazing. There are no complaints we have had in regards to clients not working with Shopify.

A Site That Feels Custom at a Fraction of the Price

A wonderful experience. Have been exceptionally happy.

Pros

We operate in a space where everyone brags about their custom platform and interface that all cost a massive amount. I'm a firm believer that one of the things that makes my business stand out is the fact that we have a platform that feels custom and hasn't limited us whatsoever that came at a fraction of the price tag. We're able to add just about any feature, through our own developers or any of the many apps that exist without a ton of limitations. I'm a big fan.

Cons

Personally, I'd love even more robust data analysis built into the base functionality of one of the plans but this is a small point.

Start your e commerce business quickly and cheaply

I have loved using Shopify for over 4 years and have built multiple shops on the system ranging from free design shops to expensive themed stores. I've always enjoyed the process and getting a sale is so rewarding.

Pros

you can literally have a shop up and running in under 2 hours with free themes etc. If you want to pay for themes you can buy from $10 all the way up to $400 for a fully functioning all singing and dancing theme. Always a plug in for any issue you may encounter and a great community willing to help with any issues

Cons

Can be expensive if you use too many apps that you don't need, $3-4 a month for each can soon add up.

An extremely powerful and easy to use e-commerce platform

Ease of use and endless opportunity.

Pros

Shopify has been providing a very easy to use and powerful SaaS e-commerce platform for years. I can't even imagine using a non-SaaS shopping cart these days and Shopify is my go to product - even for sites that don't sell anything - purely for the ease of use of the content management (blog, pages). With a massive amount of site themes and 3rd party add-on apps, so much is possible. And, with help...

Cons

There are some limitations in terms implementing more complex catalogs or functionalities that often will require a 3rd party app. An example might be very complex business rules for shipping in terms of multiple products that require multiple boxes, etc.

The best is yet to come

Blazing fast developments, more customers, more earnings

Pros

Shopify is a platform focused on product and inventory managment for your online sales. It allows you to tack your inventory and have reports on your sales. You might say "well, others can do that as well" and the answer is yes, but can they do it better? Shopify is a software as a service, self hosted with a monthly pament. For setting up a quick shop for someone not tech saavy at all Shopify is perfetc, just a few clicks and you're earning money. If you have a physical store the POS is free! Customer service people is always happy and gentle.

Cons

Lack of customization for the product structure at the development level. You end up doing "tricks" with tags and tables inside the content of the product to do some cutomizations at template level. Customer service is a fallacy, yes, they have a chat and they talk with you but 3/3 times I've used it they said my problem was going to be resolved later, that they would open a ticket for that and they never happened (I had to open again a chat in order for them to remind my case). Layout of the admin sections is not clear enough, many links and sections are hidden in undescriptive links.

Great Platform for business

Shopify has been great since we started with them years ago. The gurus are amazing and they go out of their way to help solve your problems. I highly recommend Shopify to businesses looking for a great online store presence for their business.

Pros

The setup process such as adding products, sizes and quantities was easy. Many store designs to choose from and you can add your own touch.

Cons

Some of the apps are a little pricey and the apps can add up really quickly each month. This will cause your Shopify bill to be higher. Adding apps associated with a price may not be ideal for new businesses or businesses that’s not generating income.

Shopify Still #1 Ecommerce Software

Shopify hosts our online store and we have used it for years. It has gotten even better over time and we've been able to graduate to professional level plan.

Pros

Huge app store with anything you could possibly need, and many developers are familiar with the Shopify framework. Shopify is intuitive and easy to use. I have tried competitors but Shopify beats all in terms of functionality and features.

Cons

It is more expensive than competitors. I wish there were more features that came native with the plan, like drag and drop theme templates - this is now standard in the website design industry and it's disappointing that you have to pay extra for an app or theme to do this.

SHOPIFY FLEXIBIITY FOR THE MOBILE MERCHANT

The Shopfiy system continues to impress us daily as we continue to find new features or they update the software with new features that make our retail management easier. The system is continually in a spiral development and I assume adapts to client provided feedback. The latest function we found that impressed us is the ability to utilize our mobile phones to scan a bar code on a product when processing a transaction and have it added to the cart of the client. We have bar code scanners that we use, but this was a nice backup feature in case our bar code scanner is not working and we are at a remote event site away for replacement bar code scanners.

Pros

Utilizing Shopfiy for our retail management has been an incredibly wise decision for our business model. We operate both an online store but also an in store retail operations as well as a mobile retail when attending events. Shopify's flexibility to meet all three of these requirements has been second to none. The system has allowed us to have more frequent promotional sales, highlight retail items for special pricing for inventory clearance, and allows for special discounts. The inventory management capability has allowed for much more accurate inventory monitoring and reordering of retail items. This list of things we like most goes on and on.

Cons

The only thing that would be a draw back is our monthly cost of this software. We receive a non-profit discount for the monthly cost, but a lower cost would always be beneficial for the organization as well as lower processing fees, but their fees are pretty much industry average.

Gamechanger

Using Shopify over wordpress or other web-builders like Wix or Squarespace has been amazing. It's simply more focused and has more integrated web store abilities than the rest of them, making the online store building process much more enjoyable.

Pros

If you plan on creating your own online store, there are a few things to like about Shopify: -it's fairly cheap -The learning curve is quick. No need to learn to code. -It's pretty much fully integrated with all the apps/add-ons/web page themes that you can think of you can create your own professional-looking and fully functional online store extremely quickly and for the fraction of the cost of getting a custom website made by a web developer.

Cons

Unless you pay for upgraded website themes, most other web stores are going to run the same theme as yours.

Shopify is a MUST for small businesses!

Pros

Ease of creating an​ online store. Listing products online is a breeze. SEO is very easy, just fill out most forms in the product template. You can literally put your business online in weeks and have payouts coming to your bank account days after its up and running. The shipping is also super easy.

Cons

I wish they allowed multiple coupon codes at checkout. This would make in-store sales translate to online sales much easier. It's ​hard to have a big sale in-store​ with multiple different numbered discounts (like 20% off pants, 25% off tops, 30% off shoes) and then put the sale online as well. Google Promotions wants to have a code required to promote them in their program. It would just work easier if we could allow multiple discounts. That's​ really our only con at this time.

Shopify is hands-down the best ready-to-go eCommerce platform

Pros

It's really easy to integrate different applications and tune-up your store. Thing is, some of the applications are very cheap and very easy to implement because they're made for the platform- That's the real beauty of Shopify for me. Custom platforms are the best way to go when only you're ready for the investment they require, and I, having over 6 years of experience with website management, would definitely not recommend that venture especially if you're a starter. You cut very key costs and just pay subscription- a whole building of Shopify company-hired developers work to make the platform better. Shopify is just easy, and it is very scalable which makes it a great choice for a store that sells a lot of different products. If you're selling 1-5 products, I would recommend a funnel.

Cons

More features to the below-enterprise plan are needed. Checkout code and Cart code easy accesses and customization. Shopify Platform-Integrated Emails Panel is an essential change, must be added. It should also be able to synchronize with email marketing software such as Klaviyo, Conversio and others such as Mailchimp. -Email marketing is on a HUGE rise according to Salesforce 2017 report -Follow the trend ;) The only feature between the second and third plans is abandoned carts and it's nowhere as good as what email marketing apps provide, and, having in mind the bigger investment- I bet most of the stores on this plan don't use the Shopify-integrated one.

Easiest eCommerce platform to get you up & running fast

We use, manage, and develop Shopify sites for many of our agency clients from a number of different industries. Our clients' love Shopify's ease of use for processing orders, while we often fight with the customization limits.

Pros

Shopify is without a doubt the easiest eCommerce platform available in terms of getting your shop up and running quickly. With a ton of free themes and plugins, even light, non-tech savvy users will be able to get their products online within a couple of days. Shopify's support is also A1, with live chat, phone and email options available, they were always very quick to respond to messages, and even in cases where the issue was escalated to a developer, queries were responded to and fixed within 24hrs!

Cons

The major issue with Shopify is in 2 parts; Cost, and Customization. Due to its' ease of use, Shopify is a bit of a pain to customize. You'll find that in order to do anything above extremely basic eCommerce functions, you'll need to start stringing together a variety of plugins to get the job done properly. Most, if not all of these plugins will come at a cost, which is a recurring monthly fee....

Shopify makes you manage and create your own store easily

I have benefited a lo from Shopify. Shopify has surely helped me in running my online business. I haven't earned much yet through this platform because I feel I'm still new to this online realm. I have more online presence with an increasing customer base. I can sell my products easily without any hassle. The return I am getting from just a small investment in this portal, this is just astonishing....

Pros

-Shopify lets you sell via your Facebook page -Allows you to use Shopify in a physical location to sell goods / manage inventory -Gives you access to Shopify's Buy Button, which allows you to sell goods on an existing website or blog. -Top notch security measures keeping my transactions secured -Brilliant customer support team -Keeps a track of my inventory in a much effecient way -Get detailed analysis and reports on my sales and forecasts -Easy to use and understand software -Interface is well designed making me addicted to the software -Integration with Paypal -Value for money

Cons

-A lot of Unnecessary deductions by Shopify like Credit Card rate of 1.6-2.2% for every transaction via credit card -Shopify payments not available in many countries -Only 10 themes available with the free plan -Software crashes sometimes when I try to export data

Easy to use, powerful and a great choice

We have been using the platform for 2+ years to sell our hydration products across North America and Europe. It is our main (and only) software solution connected to ecommerce

Pros

Shopify is extremely easy to use, but packed with all the features that you need. The ability to customise close to anything (now also including the check out) makes it a no-brainer for close to all companies looking for an ecommerce solution

Cons

The ability to not offer several currencies out of the box is a problem. For larger companies this is not a problem as you can offer different deployments of your ecommerce store, but for smaller companies that work across different territories this is an issue.

Easy to use out of the box

We host our ecommerce website using Shopify. I have integration with Shopify and Netsuite so our orders flow to our accounting system. We had developers set up the site, but we are able to make a lot of the day to day changes and reach out to developers for the more complicated things.

Pros

It has lots of plugins available so the features and functionality seem pretty broad. I also like how a lot of maintenance can be done without a developer.

Cons

I do wish more features were native or free. They seem to know that there are a lot of third party apps that will provide services customers need, but that adds up. I wish somethings were included in the base package and not just via upgrade to Pro or with third party apps.

Best for automating business sales

The CMS is robust and reliable. It is easy to use despite being expensive.

Pros

Shopify connects to most software to automate admin tasks like fulfilment, followup emails and service emails. The app store has great features and is easy to install.

Cons

Price. The fees are high compared to other CMS' monthly charges. Not only that, they take transaction fees as well. Unfair. Even if there is fraud, Shopify will take the customer's side and penalise you.

Started my online boutique with Shopify!

Overall, I've had nothing but a great experience. I cannot get over how nice their customer service reps are. When talking on the phone with them, they truly want to help you and they honestly feel like a friend helping you out. Great company!

Pros

My favorite part about Shopify is how easy it is to create a beautiful website and keep track of inventory! I started with a very basic website and ended up purchasing a theme about a year later and it completely changed the look of my whole website! I was very happy with how easy it was to set-up. Entering in new inventory is a breeze and now that you are able to enter in the "cost" of a product, it is even better to help with tracking profits. Also, I have to add that the customer service is AMAZING! They are always so helpful and always solve any problem I may have. Overall, Shopify is great for small business owners and I would recommend to anyone searching for a platform to use.

Cons

Shopify is great! But one thing I would suggest improving is the transition of implementing a new theme for your site. Most of your content doesn’t automatically reformat. But once you change everything, you are good to go!

Great Online Store app for just starting out

I've been with Shopify since 2015 and I'm very happy with them. Price doesn't break the bank. I can add additional apps to get more features (a lot are free or at least free to try to see if they're what I need). Customer service is always right there and I can customize pretty much anything I want. I plan to stay with them:)

Pros

I really like the ease of use. You don't have to know a lot of technical computer stuff to be able to set up a great online store. Shopify walks you through the whole process from picking out a theme, listing products and how to process orders. Customer service is great too. Anytime I've had a problem or didn't know how to make something work, they promptly helped me through it.

Cons

When I do need to find out some of the technical info (like access keys for setting up email or things like that) is a little tricky to sometimes find.

Easy to use for beginners and advanced users

Simply feels safe and with a lot of possibilities.

Pros

Feels like Shopify really grows with your knowledge and expertise. You can set it up even as a beginner and when you learn over the years you really can dig into advanced setups. Used it for our webshop https://dietz.se in three languages and switched now to a solution with two extra shops - https://dietzpaddling.de for German speaking customers and https://dietzpaddling.com for English speaking customers.

Cons

Setup for some languages (as Swedish) is a bit left behind. But it seems like they are investing even in the smaller markets now.

Shopify is the best website host

Overall i have been using shopify for over 2 years now and i don't think i would ever switch. Its easy to navigate through and integrates with all of the systems i use to operate my business. Plus i love the fact that they have shopify capital which provides you a certain amount like a loan for your business and i think this is great for small businesses like mines!

Pros

I like how easily I'm able to create my website without spending hundreds to hire a website developer

Cons

The least would probably be having to pay extra to get the full experience such as upgrading to premium subscription

Outstanding CMS

Reliability is important and it rarely fails on this front however as every site as standard is on their interface you might want to consider using your own stack. We are on plus and you do need to look at this for all the added benefits.

Pros

Clear Analytics and for me the best at integration with 3rd party software. Unrivalled when it comes to making changes and amends and all in all a pleasure to work with. Everything from loyalty systems to email there is usually a simple app which takes minutes to sort.

Cons

Being tied into their payments system and the finance side of things which is a disappointment, yes you can use others but they charge a premium on top.

Best customer support ever!

I am beyond pleased that we went with Shopify! They've made it so easy to get our store up and running, and to fully customize our site.

Pros

I've used Shopify for just about a year for our store's website and I couldn't be more pleased! I've never had any company of any kind have tech support that is SO helpful, friendly, and easy to get a hold of. Shopify has create a huge platform to educate users on their platform and the options available to them. That is a great resource, but on top of that their support team will help solve any problem via chat! I couldn't be happier with our choice to go with Shopify!

Cons

I strongly dislike that it's not an option in a shopify site to allow discounts to stack. This is an option I want my customers to have, but Shopify doesn't allow it. Their product pages also have a limited amount of variations available on a single product (size, color, design, etc...) and that's been quite frustrating for us.

Why Shopify beats it's competitors

Overall experience with Shopify was extremely satisfactory. I have been happy with the product since day one but have only had quarrels with the pricing

Pros

The ease of set up, use and management of a store. Order processing is also extremely easy to use and applications available to fully automate sales and delivery

Cons

The pricing is a bit too high for the software. If the pricing structure was a bit cheaper lots more companies would use Shopify as a selling platform instead of having separate payment providers, web hoster etc

Shopify was just Better!

Overall, I think this could be a really awesome product... But that's only if you have money up front to invest in it.

Pros

I really like that this software is easy to integrate with so many other different platforms.

Cons

I don't like the price of needing certain features in order to make everything work together smoothly. I kind of just felt let down once my free trial had ended.