Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

Shopify Reviews - Page 7

3,897 reviews

Shopify review - esshaimi

Through my experience of Shopify, I found some difficulties and problems, and in return, it enabled me to create a professional and integrated website of my own.

Pros

Shopify is a global platform for entrepreneurs and merchants, and it is the most appropriate place to start your business on it, as this platform helps you to create your own professional and integrated website as it provides you with many themes that suit your business in addition to its availability of several free and paid add-ons that are also compatible with Your site and contribute to making your website integrated and suitable to facilitate the process of dealing with it by visitors to your site in addition to that you can link your store with several banks, including PayPal Bank, in order to receive money on it if your site is a commercial website, and of course you will not You find problems navigating the site because it responds quickly and efficiently

Cons

Among the problems that I face in the Shopify site is the difficulty of accessing the available options because they are not prominent and clear and also in terms of the cost of the service, they are expensive from the start and in the stage of preparing your website, you will find some problems and difficulties in modifying and moving between all those available settings

Eccellente piattaforma per le persone meno esperte di tecnologia

Complessivamente Shopify ha fornito alla mia azienda tutto ciò di cui ha bisogno per la gestione del nostro sito web ecommerce, compresi gli aggiornamenti, i prezzi dei prodotti, l'evasione degli ordini, la comunicazione con i clienti. Possiamo facilmente creare prodotti e collezioni, con integrazione diretta con le app di inventario dropshipping.

Pros

Permette di aumentare le vendite e gestire i prodotti senza dover perdere tempo su complicati aspetti tecnologici o noiose attività amministrative. Uno dei principali vantaggi di Shopify è la possibilità di scelta ampia tra temi molto ben sviluppati, gratuiti o a pagamento, che danno senza sforzi al sito un aspetto gradevole e professionale, e permette di concentrarsi su altri importanti come il marketing o aumentare le vendite. Ampia scelta di plugin nel market interno.

Cons

Se si desidera una personalizzazione completa, si deve acquistare il pacchetto con il codice Liquid di Shopify. Nel complesso è un po' caro: c'è un costo di abbonamento mensile. Inoltre, è prevista una commissione di transazione quando vendi online a meno che non si utilizzi Shopify Payments. Alcuni dei concorrenti di Shopify offrono una maggiore personalizzazione, anche se con maggior impegno in termini di investimento in sviluppo web.

Easy to use Retail Point Of Sale

Overall I am highly satisfied with Shopify and would recommend for small businesses. The integration with our marketing and sales tools are extremely helpful and gives us a lot of versatility as not to miss a sale opportunity and even generating more leads and potential sales. The software is very easy to use and training is very short to get new employees on track to contribute to our success

Pros

Intergrated with multiple payment options including Apple Pay and other 3rd party Credit Merchants. Keeps accurate invoicing and pricing. Keeps our inventory on track for reordering merchandise (Although Shrinkage is hard to track in real time) The POS can be used on iPads which allows our staff to process transactions while the customer is shopping instead of having them wait for a register if paying in card. Provides good analytics on what products are hot and cold. Integrates well with other 3rd party vendors and marketing sites / companies

Cons

We would like more information in regards to shrinkage and monitor for acceptable levels and provide red flags for any excessive amounts

Best E-Commerce solution for beginners as well as Advanced users

Best thing is that it provides out of the box complete site for merchants having no technical knowledge. It includes hosting and domain so quick and easy start up for an online shop. Trial version is available to get an insight how it works then one can go for Basic plan. For professional needs,If one knows web coding or hire web developer then the shopify themes can even be customized further more than default available settings. Overall it provides an all-in-one smooth experience for building an online store with fast loading website and secured payments.

Pros

First of all it's has quick and easy setup to get started with an online store. It includes variety of different responsive design, modern as well as minimal themes are available shopify. Various plugins enhance it's functions & features and provide integration options with online stores like Amazon and Ebay. It has hassle free speed for store website loading and secured options for payment .Shopify provide marketing tools for your business as well as customer records. Customer support is very responsive and efficient in solving issues, which is available 24 hours.

Cons

I think it's cost is more. Although different packages are available for user requirement but comparing it to competitors like Magento & WooCommerce it still looks a little expensive. Transaction fees are also an overhead cost that can be avoided only if you use default shopify payment processing which is available in limited countries.

Would prefer better options with variations

I’m tired of paying listing, selling and advertising fees to Etsy and still having to drive my own traffic. Shopify gives me somewhere to drive my own traffic to with minimal fees. The setup is just more time consuming than I would like.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a shop without knowing anything about coding. It is very self explanatory and there are lots of templates available.

Cons

I was attempting to relocate my Etsy shop and they provided tools and instructions for how to copy my inventory over. The problem is my Etsy shop has lots of variations. On Etsy you can have 2 separate variation drop down boxes, so for example I have shirt sizes in 1 variation and shirt color in another. When I attempted to transfer the inventory over, Shopify creates a single variation for every possible...

Easy to Use for E-Commerce

It easy to create new website using Shopify, little to no maintenance require as everything is store in Shopify and it include for unlimited hosting.

Pros

Its user friendly as it don't require knowledge on programming, website can be created from video guide online, there is chat support from Shopify if there is questions to ask, SEO friendly only you put it relevant keywords, SSL certificates included and have full functionality of E-Commerce as well many useful app that available to enhance function. It better cost saving with self maintenance as compare to Wordpress, Magento, Opencart which have many hidden cost and developer will charge quite costly

Cons

When creating new pages or category the subdomain url will have the word pages to make the subdomain url slightly longer example https://www.abc.com/pages/about-us and if its transfer website from Wordpress to Shopify will have some url issue therefore need to fill all the url to redirect. Beside that there is monthly plan start from $29 USD

My Top Choice for E-Com Stores

In short, the only choice (IMO) for an ecommerce store. The pricing is great and it's literally ready to go with a few hours of setup.

Pros

Shopify makes things simple and easy. The price for the software is nothing (monthly/yearly) for what you get. You can pick from a bunch of themes and can easily start setting up your shop. You don't need to learn code and they have a TON of tools to help you get your store running. They have a Free logo designer, Terms and Conditions creator, and so much more. They want to see you succeed. You can connect your PayPyal account, an outside payment processor or even get some hardware to sync it with your physical store. It's simply a pleasure building an e-com store there. I would only build an e-com store here. If you're looking to only blog or SEO, go Wordpress.

Cons

Sometimes the customization can feel a little lacking. This only applies if you don't know any code. You can always pick new themes and play with the settings, but sometimes certain customization requires a little technical background. Their support team is awesome though, and can usually help you accomplish things you're looking to do that are outside of the box.

Shopfiy has a great checkout system, but the themes offered and filters can be a hassle

Shopify is an easy sell and choice for creating eCommerce websites when looking for a reliable cart and checkout system. It stands out as the most cost effective and trusted solution in comparison to Wordpress or Magento implementations. However, for theme development, customisation and content updates it leaves much to be desired, to the point I wouldn't recommend it without careful testing and consideration.

Pros

The checkout system is great, and the product and inventory management works as you'd hope, with decent extension options via plugins. Pricing is reasonable too, and Shopify feels well trusted.

Cons

The admin area is a bit of a UX nightmare when it comes to doing basic content edits for any theme that I've encountered. When running Shopify themes through internal QA, we've often found that filter systems and store listing configurations have been quite troublesome compared to other competing platforms.

Not For Me

For the most part it was good but when it comes to standing up and helping you out - they are not great.

Pros

I liked all the different things you could do and add to your store by having a Shopify store. It really helped to diversify my product.

Cons

I had a customer that filed a claim mistakenly saying she did not get her product. I contacted her and she went about fixing the mistake right away. However, Shopify took that money from my account for over 6 months as they “looked into the matter.” I ended my business with them soon after.

Best out of the box website creator

Most of the time I had no issues. If you do have issues, customer service is a hit or miss. I’ve had terrible experiences and okay ones.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to get a website up and running with Shopify. From the moment you create an account to your first order takes only a few minutes. Makes everyone an entrepreneur!

Cons

The out of box website creation tools can be lackluster. Themes on Shopify are not heavily customizable.

Shopify is the BEST!

I don’t need to have knowledge about coding, it does everything for me, I just have to start selling!

Pros

It’s the easiest & fastest way to build an e-commerce!

Cons

The trial is just 2 weeks but it absolutely the best option to start an e-commerce

Great software

We are able to run and market our e-commerce business with shopify relatively easy. Very easily integrated all social media platforms with the click of a button. Overall, positive experience with Shopify and would recommend

Pros

Back-end is easy to use for a novice. Great security features and you are able to customise the templates without any programming knowledge.

Cons

The best features are only available at the higher price plans and to get a lot of additional features at lower price plans you need to rely on paid apps.

Great way to get your e-shop up and selling quickly.

Getting my site up was a snap!

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up a new eCommerce store. The software integrates well with my other platforms (Stitch Labs and Ship Station). There are many lovely themes available -- most are responsive so they display properly on mobile devices. Integrates well with most payment acceptance software.

Cons

It's a bit pricey. They no longer integrate with MailChimp. They do not allow payment processing for vaping products. Website response times could be better.

Easiest way to start a in Ecommerce

I've been able to sell customized websites to several clients that want to start selling online, Shopify is the best option out there, overall is a good experience, but I wish there were more plugins generated by shopify to create a competitive website without spending more money on add-ons.

Pros

Really simple to use, really use friendly Compatibility with plenty of external tools and payment methods Fully customizable to create a website your client needs

Cons

You are not able to publish your website if you don't choose a payment plan. You have to spend some extra money to aquire the features of a competitive website. Analytics should be accesible to all kind of customers.

Shopify is Great for New Shop Owners

Overall I personally love Shopify and my experience has been great.

Pros

Shopify has great customer service, anytime I've ever needed help with anything they are very helpful. Plenty of free training to help you get started and even to help you grow your store. I've tried other platforms for my online store and Shopify is the best.

Cons

The one thing I would appreciate that they wouldn't charge you until your site is live. They have a short free trial in which if you are new to Shopify you are still learning it and not ready to go live just yet.

We Love Shopify - Our Client Loves Shopify

This is definitely the platform I recommend to people who want to sell products online.

Pros

* Easy for me to use * Easy for our client to use * Easy for the Web Developer to use * Analytics are amazing * Available apps/plugins are amazing

Cons

* Logging in is too frivolous * Shopify hasn't solved all of our online business problems or our client's problems.

Probably the Best on the Market

Shopify not only serves as the host of our online ecommerce store, but it also processes all of our online payments, collects customer information, easily integrates with numerous other software platforms needed for day-to-day operations, analyzes data, and provides opportunities to upsell customers easily. It really can accomplish just about anything we need!

Pros

Shopify's platform is very straightforward and easy to use, on both the front-end and back-end. Whenever I have questions about the software or any of its numerous integrative apps, I can usually find an answer online through an article discussing the problem in detail. The data collected by Shopify is extremely helpful in making business decisions, and it has become my one-stop-shop for most of my information and customization options.

Cons

On the occasional instance when I can't solve a problem on my own, it can be difficult to get an answer from the Customer Support team. There have been a few glitches that Shopify's team has been unable / unwilling to solve, and the platform does crash sometimes. It's rather rare, but when it does happen, we are left without a store front which can be a scary scenario to be in.

Excellent for Beginners to Advanced Users

Excellent. Started a business back in college and used Shopify, made quite a bit of beer money which was great.

Pros

Beginners can make easy use of this software like I did around 5 or so years ago. Advanced users can toy around with CSS if they want. It's a great platform that has a lot of easy to use and useful features. Great if you want to start simple but eventually learn more and more as you progress and learn advanced techniques. Can't really do that with Wix, and I thought Squarespace would be the same way based on what I've heard about it. Want to open up a store online right away for a low cost and come out with something that looks great with minimal effort? Shopify is for you.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say. More customization if I want to get nit picky, but I'd just go to Wordpress and build something from scratch there if I needed to, it will just take me longer so Shopify is the way to go as long as it has everything you need, and for a lot of people it does.

Shopify User

I currently use Shopify for eComm and POS. I have no plans of changing that any time soon. It works well for the point my business is in now. However, I do feel at some point we will outgrow Shopify.

Pros

Shopify is easy to use and the customer service is very helpful. This platform is perfect for small businesses just getting started. The wide variety of website templates offer plenty of options and even if you aren’t advanced in technology, you c an build your own website. Integrations with other apps provides additional functionality but most cost a monthly fee adding to your monthly costs.

Cons

The reporting is not as detailed as it needs to be unless you’re on the highway plan. It’s enough to get by but does require some manual work on behalf of the bookkeeper. It can be glitchy when updates are being made which is an annoyance but thankfully it’s fairly rare. Returns/exchanges are a pain point even though that process is improving. Lastly, it desperately needs an inventory management system.

Ecommerce at its best!

Very good experience, but when the shop became bigger, we switched to WordPress as we can amend it as we like

Pros

Very intuitive and customer-friendly, makes it very easy to create your eCommerce website between many stunning templates and you can even amend them to make your online shop look perfect!

Cons

You cannot upload your WordPress on this host and if you want to tweak the template, you need to know how to code, otherwise, it is perfect for your first eCommerce shop

THE e-retail standard for selling products and services

I've used Shopify in multiple situations, all of which related to data analysis and sales optimization. I have relied heavily on their reports to understand performance throughout the marketing funnel. Additionally, the data captured is helpful for understanding customer lifetime value and last-touch return on advertising spend when justifying marketing budgets. Shopify is scalable and offers a number of solutions for different-sized companies.

Pros

Shopify is used as a sales platform for retailers for their products and services. I like the granularity of the data captured: orders, customers, time series can all be selected for later analysis. Extensive documentation (within a community of users, and from the platform directly) provide guidance on how to implement and use the platform. From a back-end, it's easy to navigate and access different performance reports and understand how (and where, and why) data is captured throughout the sales cycle. Additionally, Shopify lets you pass advertising/marketing information to each individual order, so you can get a better full-funnel understanding of buying habits and conversion.

Cons

Integration with third-party plugins/widgets can be clunky and difficult to implement. Automating report / data exports would be a great feature, otherwise we just use an API to dump the data into a warehouse and then query/analyze.

Super Fast, Great Looking and Stable Ecommerce

Pros

- A Shopify website can look clean & beautiful right out of the gate. - There are thousands of add ons that make Shopify able to fit almost any ecommerce situation - You can work with a new theme, while you're existing theme stays in place, instead of working with a duplicate or "staging" environment - Customer support is amazing. Gurus are responsive and savvy, and can be accessed by chat, phone or email (unlike other companies that rely primarily on community support forums)

Cons

- It's not easy to set up, surprisingly. There are so many features and add ons that it makes the process incredibly complicated. And, things aren't where I'd expect them to be (settings, preferences, etc) - Themes and add ons can make the price of Shopify deceptively expensive. Once a website is generating profit this might be a good thing, but considering how long it can take to get a site fully functional, it can be quite a large start up cost. - You need to feel comfortable editing code, or hiring a designer to make changes to the design - If you want to switch to a new (or more modern theme) you'll need to start all of your design again. Not just design, but product layouts, page layouts. Everything starts over from scratch again. - Support times are often very long

Shopify

Best solution in market for creating an online store.

Pros

There are a lot of plugins (they call it apps). Most of them have a free plan and the rest are pretty cheap compared to the value they bring to the store using them. A lot easier to configure than Wordpress (WooCommerce). There are very, very impressible themes (some are free), and without mentioning the huge documentation that is available for beginners (This is where I learned all I know about Shopify)....

Cons

When Shopify Payments is not being used, Shopify charges a 2% on total of transaction.

Another side of ecommerce

It was a great platform and connection with social media is priceless.

Pros

I love the easy integration and connecting of products to online and PayPal so easy and user-friendly.

Cons

It is not available for every country mostly UK and US I don't know if things have to change tho. But it would be great if they allow customized payment platforms as PayPal is not in all countries.

A platform to store, display and sell products with ease

Pros

This application is the one which provides an ultimate opportunity to earn from home i.e. one can earn a standard of living by putting some efforts on this platform. It consists of free as well as premium themes. The best thing is that you can try it for 14 days as a free trial so that you can make a view about it. This platform is very easy to use and provides excellent customer service. It also consists...

Cons

It has problems regarding the delay in exporting orders and reporting of basic programs. Although themes are free, they need to expand their own offering of themes which is also a problem. Basically, it is inexpensive, but if you want to work with the management team, it cost a lot to you. One of the major problems which had given more weight to the con is that this application does not have a good BOGO application. Really Bad!! Its time complexity is very high and in addition, its shopping cart is hard to customize. Lastly, it has limited ability for dynamic pricing.