All categories

Site Search 360 Reviews

Pros

Easy to work with, looks great on my site and works fast, free for small sites, knowledgeable and friendly customer support. Dashboard to check searches - brilliant.

Antony S.

Site Search 360 has been a terrific addition to our website. Its easy to set-up, use and the customer support is excellent.

Cathy S.

David has also been great in providing flexible support and advice to us during the integration process, and has made sure any issues we had were resolved quickly - highly recommended.

Nick C.

Shari B.

The inability to rename the site ID once it is set up. I was not able to figure out how to filter out duplicates from the search results.

Rina A.

Kerry C.

4.6

Great for Wordpress Site !

Pros

Easy set up, easy to use admin. Feature set is actually very nice compared to the cost. Support was very good when I needed them.

Cons

WP plugin gave me some stability issues + loads all js/css on all pages even when not used. Ended up going with a hand coded js implementation (which is actually pretty easy to do).

Thank you very much for the kind feedback Olivier! Very much appreciated!

Responsive and helpful customer support; comprehensive feature set

Pros

There's a lot to like: a comprehensive feature set, solid APIs, helpful customer support, good documentation and easy implementation.

Cons

Although worth the expense, some of the features we need require a higher-tiered plan. There is a custom-feature plan, however, which gave us the best value for our money.

Thank you Mark. It's great to have you as a long term customer and see how happy you are with the search! Really appreciate it.

Crude ranking algorithm, but offers good customizability

Search available starting at relatively low cost for organizations on a budget, though you get what you pay for at that very low cost, and nothing more.

Pros

Look and feel is very customizable, can integrate the search modules with the site's branding. Easy to set up. Option for search results in modal window or separate window. Integration quality and ease is much higher than the now-defunct Google Site Search was. Search available starting at relatively low cost for organizations on a budget.

Cons

Ranking of pages seemed all over the map, with less relevant pages often coming up first in results. Seems to be driven by keywords only, not actual relevance. No ability to manually weight certain pages as more likely to appear in search results and rank others as less likely to appear. Could not tell difference between lowest-tier paid plan and the free plan.

Software= 5 stars / Support=100+ stars

I wish the installation to Wix had been easier. But overall, SS360 has performed exactly as expected.

Pros

I was trying to set up a search engine for a large number of PDF files, using Wix. It seems that Wix turns the URL of PDF files into a name that fits their protocols. But then, those files cannot be searched with the usual engines provided by Wix. (I plan to take this up with them soon.) I tried "outside" search engine companies and found Site Search 360. Although the implementation to Wix was not easy, the amazing support provided by SS360 was incomparable. Amazing. The software works extremely well, as a search engine should.

Cons

I had only one issue, with a user that was using an obsolete version of their browser on their laptop. Otherwise, we have seen no issues.

Excellent customer support

Site Search 360 has improved the overall experience for visitors on our website.

Pros

Cons

I cannot think of any think that I like the least.

Thank you so much for your generous review, we really appreciate you taking the time!

Perfect solution

I was amazed at how quickly our developer linked SiteSearch 360 to our site. We have nearly 10,000 pages and he indexed them and had them searchable overnight. This was a very quick resolution to what was an urgent problem on our site.

Pros

Site Search 360 was incredibly easy to implement. Also, it's cheap! We were using a different search function that kept breaking. SiteSearch 360 has been a reliable alternative. Very happy with it.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives yet. Happy with the price. Happy with the interface. Happy with how well it blends with our website.

Easy to implement site search, but it needs tweaking it's algorithms

We were able to customize it and implement to a site where we don't have backend access

Pros

Javascript based search that is easy to implement when you do not have access to the back end. Also it catches (crawls) the data itself, so less hustle with submitting content.

Cons

We lack some opportunities to tune the accuracy of the search. Also with non English language it tends to give some false responses sometime.

A perfect alternative to Google Site Search

Better searches for our users, compared with Google Site Search. And the possibility to easily create beautiful ads or promoted results, which can be edited in pure HTML.

Pros

Its very cheap compared to the other alternatives out there, and yet it offers the flexibility to tweak searches with xpaths and HTML. There are almost no limits to Your possibilities for creating relevant and sales generating result pages. The guys who runs the customer service listens to Your input and are extremely quick to implement the changes.

Cons

The implementation could be made easier for smaller companies with an online website builder and without the nessecary knowhow to implement the javascript.

Best software onboarding process I've ever used

Integrating SS360 on my website (nolongerset.com) gives it an air of professionalism that sets it apart from sites without search or that depend on Google and the accompanying ads. I also like the analytics aspect of SS360 and being able to see what my website visitors are searching for.

Pros

Site Search 360 made it extremely easy to get started. It starts you out with a customized Getting Started checklist. After only five minutes, SS360 had indexed my site and I was able to run sample searches. After only ten more minutes, I had integrated the search on my site. I could not imagine how they could have made the setup process any easier.

Cons

It's not free. There are some powerful open-source site search options available and, of course, Google's site search. But, if you value your own time at all, you'll likely find that the ease of setup alone is worth the cost of the service.

Perfect solution for static sites

Pros

Features and settings are great to customize to your own needs.

Cons

I have not seen any cons during my usage.

In September, we replaced Google Site Search with SiteSearch 360. We are thrilled with the outcome!

Our customers and staff are able to enter a search term and immediately find the product they are looking for. It is a terrific addition to our website.

Pros

The customer support has been extremely responsive and helpful. They took time through email to offer guidance and advice. Their responses were so quick that it seemed like they were in the next town over not 3,500 miles away. The SiteSearch 360 application is quite powerful and has lots of features that we have been fine-tuning. We like the fact that we can streamline every aspect of the search function from using our CSS file, to the type of search box, to the way the results appear. Thank you SiteSearch 360 for creating a tool that is very sophisticated yet even a non-programmer can implement. Highly Recommend!!

Cons

We played around with SiteSearch 360 for several months before implementing it on our site. There are a LOT of features to learn, which is understandable. It is not so much that we dislike Query Mapping but having the query return meaningful results is important and has been challenging. We learned that the search results can be ranked based on different query. This is complicated because we have 1,200 products. If you plug in a specific product, that product should appear on the top of the results page.

We replaced Google Site Search with SiteSearch 360. We are extremely happy with the switch.

Pros

The customer support (Olesya Elfimova) was been extremely responsive and helpful. We had difficulty fully purging Google from our code and gave Site Search the ability to go in and fix the code as needed. When the mobile results were not working, it was an immediate response in resolving the issue. Many things can be fine-tuned in Site Search's platform. We love how it crawls our website for errors in addition to many other features. We highly recommend this for anyone wanting to move away from Google Search for an affordable price.

Cons

There are a LOT of features to learn, which is understandable. It will take some time to fully digest and understand all of these. Which is a pro and a con in and of itself.

A search feature that is easy to use and attractive

I get a professional looking search feature for my website, plus I get to see what my visitors are searching for.

Pros

I built a website for my business, but I am not trained in web design. I received an email from Site Search 360 saying I could have a free trial of their search feature. I was able to add the feature to my website pretty easily, even with my lack of experience. I had a few questions for customer service and they answered my questions within minutes and helped me customize the search feature for my site. I noticed an immediate improvement in visitors to my pages. I love that I can see what visitors are searching for.

Cons

I was nervous when I saw that my monthly plan said no customer support, but they still answered emails within minutes.

Rescued us from Google Site Search shutdown

Pros

Our website used Google Site Search and when we were notified that GSS was shutting down I needed to find a replacement. After trying several options, SiteSearch 360 was THE most helpful in getting us up and running, and the cost couldn't be beat. It was a fairly seamless transition from GSS to SS360.

Easy to Use and Excellent Customer Support

I recommend SiteSearch360 100% and I am purchasing it for my other sites!

Pros

I cant say enough good things about this search function. I have a very large site and it works seamlessly. After the end of the Google search, I spent a lot of time looking for an easy replacement since I am not a coder. I was very happy with the trial option to make sure I was able to use it before purchasing and the ease of use made it worth every penny. I recommend SiteSearch360 100% and I am purchasing it for my other sites!

Cons

I use Muse to build my site so there were a few hiccups with the installation, that was simply a compatibility issue.

Good solid crawler and full text search engine

Get's you up and running very quickly.

Pros

It has some fairly advanced features baked in like xsl selectors for content and synonym support. The built in UX will get you pretty far.

Cons

Becomes very expensive for lots of content. It crawls but once a week, more often would be nice.

Overall a great value for the price

Pros

Relatively easy to implement and set-up with robust features given the low entry point. It also allows us to search across multiple domains.

Cons

Would like the admin to be a little more intuitive for less technical users and also improve styling.

The real and affordable alternative to Google Site Search

Pros

- Great flexibility - Many useful features: content grouping, query mapping, snippet and SERP customization, xpath support - Good support and documentation - Multilanguage - easy to implement - Affordable compared to other site search tool - content grouping

Cons

You need some technical skills to customize the look&feel and use the xpath feature a pricing plan for big multilanguage websites would be appreciated (currently if you have a 4 language website you need to subscribe to 4 different plans)

Excellent replacement to Google Custom Site Search

Custom search on our website allows our customers to look for products within our own site. A paid feature we had with Google but it has been discontinued. SiteSearch360 made it possible to have it again without external ads. Price, functionality, ease of use. Software crawls the entire site & stores website links making it very fast to get results for the queries. Integrates very well within the website, does not slow the server & the results are always right.

Pros

Ease of use; the pop up results window will keep you on the same page which is good for customers looking for certain products.

Cons

We needed to replace a discontinued Google search product. Site Search 360 has proven is acceptable.

It allows us to provide an internal site search.

Pros

Great customer support. Reasonably easy to use and highly customizable. I particularly like that is is easy to see when indexing fails for some reason.

Cons

The search algorithm is not as good as Google's. The results have needed to be massaged quite a bit to be high quality. Integration with Wordpress and Drupal both took some work.

Excellent product, easy to setup with a lot of flexibility!

Searching multiple domains, configuration of search terms

Pros

It allows us to search multiple domains from a single tool, great when you are running a blog on marketing automation platform with a different sub domain from the main website.

Cons

Very easy to setup, great quality results

Pros

easy to use. i like the interface. The search results were the best initial ones of all the other software trials we tested.

Cons

im torn between wanting easy of use and granular data - i do wish for more granular in some areas like viewing all the pages in the index. i would like to override some searches since i don't fell the promote always works.

Great replacement for Google Site Search

Easy replacement for Google Site Search. Good value comparing to competition.

Pros

Cheaper than competition. Easy and fast implementation. No coding required. New updates being released.

Cons

Search results include all sections of the page by default and need to be manually adjusted. Autocomplete limited to titles. Some languages not supported.

So far so good.

Pros

There seems to be a lot of customization options - we like options to add meta noindex, specific search word combination with redirect, results display inline or in popup window.

Cons

The 2nd tier pricing is a bit steep for us. Our visitors don't use the search that often so it is hard to justify month expense.

Overall, good tool, great customer support...would be very difficult to use without the quick respon

Pros

Fairly easy to set up, good price, excellent, responsive support - would have been frustrating if we would have had to wait a couple days for support emails. Hope this doesn't go away.

Cons

- It should be able to detect duplicate pages automatically, but it doesn't if there is a "/" on end, which is really frustrating and causes a ton of rework. - Really old school that there is no way to rename the profile domain...most people would start with a dev url, not the production, and no way to change it afterwards...really confusing when managing more than one account. - Fairly clumsy way of handling more than one account...in general - during the purchase experience. Very confusing.