Sports Illustrated Play Reviews

Sports Illustrated Play

Web based registration management software

Sports Illustrated Play

Review Summary

Pros

Always helpful, understanding and suggestive to improve not only their product but our presentation as well. We are very pleased with our choice to go with sports signup.

Rich V.

I love the ability to post then read other program information. It's very user friendly N it easy to update.

Garry E.

The absolute best part is the customer service. The only possible con I could think of would be that I wish I had a little more availability for customization of the website.

Tom P.

Cons

Coaches do'nt hunt down parents for signatures. Parents have access to the childs team to know who is on their team and the coaches contact info that they are always losing.

Robert T.

David O.

4.3

SI Play review

Pros

I love the fact that I can email,chat, etc. with the team. It allows parents to see the schedule, roster, and stats.

Cons

This software is good and I don;t have any cons.

lots of options once you figure out how to use it. not the most user friendly platform for admins.

ability to track info and communicate with masses quickly

Pros

SI Play app is the best part of the software. It's very user friendly for coaches and parents. Has group messaging capability built in. Notifications (reminders) for upcoming games and allows parents to commit. Has a team page with rosters (including player pics which kids and parents love), schedule, standings, and a photo section. The best part about the website is the text and email capability. Coaches can send out messages to the team through the website it will go email or text or both based on parent pref. League officials also have this capability which is excellent for cancellations, delays, or general updates. It also allows you to customize which groups receive the notifications (IE only 8u softball or only 7/8 and 9/10 baseball)

Cons

The website is not user friendly on desktop and is even more difficult on a mobile device. It takes people a while to get comfortable with especially if they aren't "techy." There are a lot of reports that you can customize but it's difficult to access so many people don't use it. If you just sit down and take the time to get familiar with the software it's great.

SSUPlay Review by youth non profit multi sport org

The company has changed hands and merged with other software companies multiple times. They have several platforms and do not intend to merge onto one. We are a large multi-sport youth organization.

Pros

Family Registration, some aspects of registration.

Cons

No mobile / app for admins. Product enhancements and fixes are slow. Financial reporting, website presence and admin tools are poor. Customer service takes 2-3 days to reply. The mobile app for parents, coaches and players is cumbersome and often has bugs. This past year, SSUplay lost 7 days of our registration and website updates that were never recovered. League Athletics was purchased by SSUPlay (which one of our programs use) and has never merged as promised. We have 2 of our 3 programs in SSUplay.

Tried several registrations systems and SportsSignup is the best!!!

I've helped run a local youth sports club for nearly 9 years. In that time I have tested and used several different online registration systems. Most have their own pros and cons and unfortunately many of them have cons (data privacy concerns, costs, ease of use, lack of admin security, hidden fees, etc.) that far outweigh the pros. At our club we have used SportsSignup for more than 8 years now. ...

Cons

Used for our LIJSL reg. this past year and what a time saver.We use to use a 4-part reg.form.Redundant time consuming paper work is replaced by on-line reg. that allows us to track divisions with simple click & drop time saving steps.Parent forms are no longer needed.Just a click of the mouse allows parents to agree to parent acknowledgement form.Coaches do'nt hunt down parents for signatures.Parents...

Pros

Easly tracks registrations counts, payable/receivables,e-mail blasts, formations of teams,ability to set registration dates,coordinators can view accounts/teams in real time to form teams or answer account questions. Easily send payment reminders to outstanding accounts.Our treasuer and registrar are able to work on the same tasks together from their own homes or seperately when convient to each individual.No...

Cons

Minor gliches, but support team was fabulous in quick response and problem solving

I use this app to manage my 12 U softball team.

Pros

I like the group text/chat feature. I can also update scores, keep photos, and quickly manage game/practice time changes, etc.

Cons

I manage one team and have kids on 2 different teams. The app is constantly updating and notifying me of all changes and updated information. It can be kind of bothersome during the day. Also, when traveling the app updates games/practice schedules automatically by time zone. This can give you the wrong information if you are managing a team from a trip or vacation.

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Pros

Sportssignup.com saves me about 50 extremely tedious hours of data entry each year! With the Sportssignup online registration system, parents of our 800 players enter the data for their child or children online, and I just download and export to Excel. The system is so easy to use and the few times I've had questions, their technical support representative assigned to our account has been ready...

Cons

The only downside is that there are still a few people who are reluctant to use the internet for registration.

Super Easy

Pros

Love how it made it easy to keep all my sons games and teams in order and us where we needed to be down to the exact field.

Cons

I do not have any cons regarding this app.

Save yourself the headache

Started out good. It definitely has more of a learning curve than other systems which was fine when you had someone who could help if need be. It has started frustrating me and my clients and has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Pros

It definitely is a step up from using sheets to organize things. Used to be a fan when they actually had customer service now it has just been going down hill.

Cons

Awful customer support. When we first purchased it was great. Now it is piss poor. No number to call the live chat system barely ever replies. And if it does it will be several days later. Now I see they added a schedule call feature. I missed picking up my scheduled call by one ring and had to schedule another for 2 days later. I am disappointed in the direction they are going especially since the competition is getting better.

IEBP

Over all I'm very satisfied what sports engine provides to its customers

Pros

Cons

There's really nothing I really do not like about the program But I do wish I had more options to add more categories

We love the program. It certainly beats the handling of our registration on paper. The program has a lot of great features but it does take a little time and effort to make your set-up exactly the way you need it.

Pros

Excellent customer service. Our rep has been there at every turn to help us set the program up to where we are getting the biggest bang for our buck. We have had a little bit of trial and error, but are comfortable with the overall registration and team management process. Best features are the reports creation feature and the ability to connect with our registrants via email. Also, love the ease at which we can have our volunteers complete their background checks through their partner company.

Cons

There may be some features that may be included with the program, but we have just not been able to explore the possibilities yet. The Custom Questions set up is time consuming. Would be nice if you could enter all of your questions at one time. Be able to maintain inactive accounts and delete if there have been no registrations. See a complete history per account showing all orders ever placed and not just per season. I realize it's beyond their control, but the current credit card processing by the 3rd party company is horrible. Having these items clear our accounts on a daily basis is very frustrating. Would love to see them partner with a company to build a scheduling option into their program. We currently are having to use two separate program to meet our end result.

SI wrescked a very good app.

Pros

As long as what you need to do falls into the scope of the current platform, you should be OK. Unfortunately that platform is VERY narrow.

Cons

Absolute lack any more of problem-solving ability or any helpful modality that is not standard. SI dispensed with the old user forum which was the best way to exchange ideas and help. And the help desk is pretty much worthless, if you can even get them to respond.

Features that you use, but set up is difficult.

I found this service an affordable option with a great mobile application we could provide to our members for easy communication.

Pros

This service has multiple levels of service and design help. We found once the service was set up and a couple of people trained that we were able to provide an excellent service to our members. The cost was affordable. We were able to update remotely with a web browser on a mobile phone for most ordinary tasks. The mobile application we were able to provide our members allowed for us to maintain excellent communication. We loved how SI Play teamed up with Squad Locker to provide merchandise to our members without the need to have an employee spending hours taking orders and delivering the products.

Cons

We found that if you do not have web site design experience that you will have a very difficult time setting this service up. But, the sales representative was very helpful in getting the site up and running. I have an accounting background and found the financial reporting and collection of payments to be an afterthought of the service, it works, but it's not as refined as the rest of the service.

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers.

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers through the registration process and team management. I also found that the competive pricing for this service to be very reasonable. Onward and upward.

Pros

The customer service provided by Peter Hall is the most hands on I personally have ever encountered. All my questions (which were many) were answered in a swift manner and 100% were solved. I am also impressed with the relative ease of the software program to send the divisions different information when needed. Our board members have commented to me that Sports Signup has brought our organization to a new level. All that was at one time complicated and doomed is now right. What Peter Hall single handedly has done for Dedham Youth Basketball is to make the registration process easy and efficient. I can't thank him enough! No more headaches.

Cons

There have been none.

Better product than SportNgin and all their competitors combined

It's a really robust (online) management software...gets every task done from registration to websites and apps.

Madison Youth Football and Cheer Review

I am not the most tech savy user and I appreciate programs that are intuitive. However, that being said, if I can not figure it out on my own, then I know SportsSignup is a phone call away to assist in solving my issue. You all are knowledgeable and responsive and I greatly appreciate you. On a side note, my latest "issue" is as an administrator it is neccessary to receive a bcc: on all communications...

Cons

Sports management software that makes family life easy

As a parent of 3 , as a father, a coach and a sports club volunteer I'm believing that the children of today and my children are overscheduled and can be stressed especially when things don't click. With SSU I find it easy to be in tune with my kids schedule , getting them to the right place at the right time. Communicating with teammates and coaches thru the team wall, subscribing to my kids schedule...

Cons

Good, in theory. Poor, in execution!

Our league upgraded to this package and it is supposed to come with all the bells and whistles. However, one of the most important features has not worked since day one. We are unable to upload statistics for the kids in our rec basketball league. Stats are a big deal to these kids and they are always competing with each other for one category or another. When you try and enter stats you get an...

Cons

Use it - not just for your travel needs, but all of your other programs as well. We use it for winter clinic, rec., and our baseball program as well.

Pros

This program has allowed us to almost entirely elminate paper, yet our transaction audits and ease of recalling information is simpler than ever. We are right 99.9% of the time when their is a timing or registeation question. We don't lose or misplace checks, and there is never a questions as to if someone paid or not. Our hours manning phones, registration lines, etc are minimized, and we can concentrate more on soccer.

Cons

Very few - once people get used to it and register for the first time it is the easiest they will ever do.

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application. Easy to set up. Easy to use

I couldn't give a higher recommendation to use this application. Easy to set up Easy to use Easy to customize Continous support if needed Zero faults!

Pros

From day 1, the people at Sportssignup were extremely professional. Wether it was working through the sign up, being trained or continued support they were and still are a pleasure to work with. The reporting features make this product superior to all we reviewed. in addition we use the application for our coaches background checks. By implementing this software we saved hundreds of manual man hours of work. We should have signed on years ago!

Cons

I can serious not say one negative about this product

Excellent Service and League Software

We have recently moved over to Sportssignup for our upcoming 2015 seasons - their overall initial support and training from the Sales team (Avram), Account Manager (Brittany), to the Support Team (all of them - mainly Doug) has been outstanding. The overall program is outstanding and very user-friendly ... for both administrators and all families and coaches using the tool - the positive feedback from all users has been great, and that's where Sportssignup makes the difference. Hoping that the SS app for iphones and Android is completed soon as this may be the ONLY con of their product - although it can be accessed through Safari, etc anyway... Great product and great service ...

SIP

Pros

I can coordinate with my players and their families to organize games

Cons

It is slow to update information sometimes.

There is NO support

Pros

I guess if you say you get what you paid for then we got what we paid for with SI Play because it is dirt cheap to get it started, but the rest of it has been a nightmare.

Cons

The fact that they have a question mark at the bottom of the page might give the perception that they actually care about customer support, but that could not be further from the truth. It takes forever to reach someone for support and then they make it seem like you are inconveniencing you every single time. There are bugs and glitches in both the website and the app, however, they always tell you that some other department is in charge of it. Also, you can never reach anyone at any of the numbers provided. Worst experience ever.

This a top of the line registration and league management tool which we heartily endorse

Our organization has been with SportsSignUp since 2009. Our board reviewed several competing products at the time and found SSU's the best choice. In my opinion it is everything we expected and as the years have come and gone, it has become more. Enhancements are easy to follow. Registration and reporting are straightforward and easy to use by both staff and the parents and coaches. Customer service and support are first rate and it should be noted that it is rare that we have to seek help. Staff is courteous, prompt to respond, and issues and questions are addressed quickly and satisfactorily. Highly recommended.

Cons

Use the tool for all of our clubs registration

Able to track my team

Pros

I am able to send message to my team members and see their status. In addition I am able to print my game rosters so no longer have to manually create

Cons

At the beginning of the season there was no way to upload the entire season schedule. each game I had to manually load