Square Payments Reviews - Page 2

1,515 reviews

Love...love...love Square Processing

Selling products electronically is so simple with Square. Whether you're swiping from your telephone, iPad, or transactions being completed from your website, sales are streamlined.

Pros

I love that if you're "out on the field" at tradeshows, farmers' markets, etc you can still complete orders that count toward your overall revenue. The analytics piece is awesome.

Cons

There had been some restrictions with some industries that made no sense. One of the brands was denied. It was nothing illegal. The processing fee could be lower.

Square will likely become the universal POS app

I really love square! I would recommend this to any business owner who wants to track their sales better and make improvements based upon those results.

Pros

I LOVE square! I have been I user of this software for 3 or 4 years now at two different jobs and it has so many capabilities. I used this at a paddleboard shop and it did the trick but had way more capabilities than the business really needed. However, at the restaurant I worked at, this was everything we needed. It accepts all forms of payment (apple pay, google pay, android pay, tap-to-pay credit...

Cons

I really don't have much to complain about with this. I've had problems with the chip reader connecting in many cases, and you also have to make sure to have very reliable wifi or else the product will not process payments.

Money Management made easy

This software is exceptional for law office management.

Pros

I was a partner in an establish defense firm when I went on my own and began to concentrate on plaintiffs employment law. In a big firm, cash management was done for me, but when you are on your own, that’s no going to happen. So I started taking credit and debit cards. The problem was that it was costly in time and expense. The rented machines were clumsy and credits had to be reconciled to the bank....

Cons

The original hardware was free. Now for a chip reader, expect to pay less than $50. I have two. One for the office and the other I keep in my car.

Accept Payments Online or In Person

I have been using Square since 2015. I like that I have a card reader I can plug into my phone or tablet using the phone jack. This enables me to take in person payments at craft shows that we occasionally do in the spring and summer months. In addition, I was able to set up Square to accept card payments on our website. In fact, I learned about the e-commerce platform that we utilize through a promotion...

Pros

I am able to use this software to accept credit and debit card payments on our website. I am also able to use this software to accept payments in person at craft shows. When logging in to my account to view sales transactions, I am able to find what I am looking for quickly due to the level of user friendliness.

Cons

I was able to add the inventory information for the items we sell in our online store. However, every day I receive a message telling me that my inventory is a negative amount for each item. In spite, multiple times to correct this, the inventory levels still do not match what is actually available and listed on our website. I have tried deleting the inventory from Square to start over, however, the only option appears to be deleting each item individually. We have a couple thousand items, so this is not practical.

Past user of Square Payments

The rates were low, the application was super easy to use and we liked it when it worked for us.

Pros

The device to put on the ends of our ipads and iphones was small and easy. It was a very easy and smooth application to use.

Cons

There were times were the device didn't work out in the field for our technicians. Square could not seem to figure out a solution to the problem. They definitely did try but we continued to have issues

Easy Processing and Inventory Management!

Overall, it's simple and a breeze with their automatic deposit transfers of any charges processed on a daily basis.

Pros

I needed a software that was easy to upload and change my inventory as needed. Also, I needed to track my inventory, invoice and have a platform that I can keep track of customers and cash payments as well. This was because I use FB, IG, PayPal and even in person sales for my direct sales company. This platform has allowed me to do ALL of that in one for FREE, with the exception of credit card processing charges. If you really want to work their referral system, I've managed to get at least $5000 in processing from referrals alone. - If I do end up expanding, there are many other options to upgrade as well, including equipment and even payroll, which is a huge plus when you're a small business.

Cons

There is a small learning curve as to uploading inventory and setting up everything to work for you, but all in all, I haven't found anything I couldn't do that I needed for my business.

Efficient payment processing

Square is a great, simple, and effective processing software that I use on a daily basis. I've been using it for close to two years now and have never encountered any issues, which is extremely important to me. I highly recommend Square for most size businesses. There is a free trial, so I encourage everyone interested to give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Pros

Square is a simple, yet efficient software to use. It makes all my barber payment processing much easier, as well as, my clients truly enjoy the quick transaction. Along with that, it allows me to efficiently keep track of my daily revenue.

Cons

For my line of work, Square has all of the features I need. Although, if your business is much smaller without as much revenue, the processing fees may be too high.

Great for Traveling Musicians

Square is an application that allows you to accept credit cards for sales. It can be used on any smartphone or device. Square will send you a free card reader allowing you a hands on method to take any type of payment. While traveling, bands depend on the sale of merchandise to keep going. I depend on this service every time I play a concert!

Pros

Traveling bands benefit greatly by the Square service. You can take multiple different types of electronic payments. Being limited to cash only in these modern times can cost you sales. This service gives you freedom and helps you connect with buyers by accepting any payment method they choose. Square allows you to deposit on a set day on a weekly basis, or directly deposit funds for a slightly higher fee. This makes it extremely versatile and helps when you need deposits fast.

Cons

If you purchase a new phone, the hardware of the square reader will no longer work. This means you need a new card reader. However, you are always able to manually enter card details for a slightly higher fee.

Start Taking Payments Today. Easy To Get Started.

Overall, for the convenience and easy of use it is hard not to recommend Square as a payment processor for small to medium size businesses. You will gain access to all the conveniences large businesses enjoy to accept credit and debit payments at an affordable rate for your low volume of use. If you are a large business with very high volume it might be worthy to investigate other options which could yield lower overall costs and fees.

Pros

Square is fast and easy to setup, accepts all credit and debit cards, and pays out fast directly to your bank account. I cannot recommend Square enough for any business needing the convenience of accepting credit and debit cards.

Cons

Square offers many features that enhance their payment processing service. Most of these additional features add to your fees Square collects each month. It would be nice if Square offered a few more of these additional features and enhancements for free.

Easy and accessible

Overall, I never experienced any difficulties using Square and the fees over the years were very minimal.

Pros

I like Square because it's easy to use, inexpensive ans you can use it anywhere because it's on your phone. Very practical! They also offer 1000$ free of fees when you refer someone and the person also gets their first 1000$ free of fees.

Cons

I do not actually have any cons with using this product. Maybe one thing would be that if you process a payment by entering the card manually (per example you forgot the little scanner) its charges you a higher pourcentage, but still it is still a very low pourcentage.

I absolutely LOVE Square

Overall Square gets the job done in a timely manner and is a great software for processing credit card payments.

Pros

Since we have technicians in 30 different city and states who perform road service on the side of the road we do not see our customers and our technicians do not deal with payments. Square has a machine where you can swipe customers credit cards, but for businesses in our predicament Square lets you go online and run a customers credit card by typing it in manually. We have the option to transfer...

Cons

I do not have any cons on this software as of yet...

Square Payments Processing

I would have a hard time recommending Square simply because they require you to buy hardware that in the end... creates revenue for Square.

Pros

The reporting features available on the Dashboard are exceptional. The amount of time from payment to deposit is consistent and adequate.

Cons

I feel Square makes a more than fair amount of revenue by processing by credit card payments. The fact that they require you to buy the latest credit swiping devices was the main reason I switched to a different company. Why should I have to pay a higher fee because I refuse to buy the very item necessary that allows Square to profit from my business?

Ease of Square leads to More Sales

Compared to some of the other payment tools out there, I've only heard good things about Square and experienced them. In 2 years of business using it, I haven't had an issue yet with tens of thousands in sales.

Pros

I recommend Square to all my clients when starting their businesses. I've enjoyed the ease of the reporting tools inside the software, the ability to quickly update pricing and invoices, and how the system tracks my income.

Cons

The only thing that I wish could be updated in this software are reoccurring payments. The end user has to allow the card to be kept on file to start the reoccurring payments which has required me to chase down clients for subscription-based sales. I've also been frustrated with how Square tracks non-pay-in-full sales and distributes the money earned to the month when the invoice is finally paid in full, which is annoying for my personal monthly income bookkeeping, making it look like some months I've brought in no money on the reports.

Been a life saver

I have not had any problems. When I look at my bank statement everyday my funds are in the account. I also love that you can do instant deposit and it is available the second you click the button.

Pros

I can use this product in my store as well as on the road when I travel. One of the main things that they came up with the offline transaction. I do a lot of craft shows and some are in little remote towns that do not have good cell service. I can go into offline mode and still capture the transaction. when I get back online it automatically processes the payment.

Cons

Customer service is so hard to get through. I've had a new email address for over a year and you can not change it online. Well, I think you can but it sends you a code to the old email address that you must enter which doesn't make sense if you don't have that email address anymore. I've sat on hold for hours and still after a year have not gotten it changed.

Must-have tool for my handmade business

I use the Square swiper to process sales at my local farmer's market AND for online sales via my online WooCommerce shop. I choose Square for the lower processing fees and because the point of sale app is so easy to use. The integration with WooCommerce generally works well with only a few glitches here and there. I definitely prefer my customers use Square versus PayPal. Much nice tracking and reporting with Square.

Pros

I use the Square swiper to process sales at my local farmer's market -- always works. Very reliable! I also have Square integrated into my shop website (WooCommerce) to process purchases. Fairly easy to set up. Also like that the processing fee has remained low.

Cons

The WooCommerce-Square integration can be somewhat finicky at times. Probably about a 95% uptime rate -- but once in a while a transaction will not go through. Usually a quick reconnect but can be frustrating. Not sure if the issue is with Square or WooCommerce, though -- they blame each other. ;)

Invoicing and Payments - Solved

Square makes it simple to create, track and move statements when needed.

Pros

It's super easy to get started with Square Invoicing. We have a handful of clients who receive an invoice on a monthly basis and Square makes it easy to send and receive payments.

Cons

While Square doesn't require a monthly fee to use, we still find it lacking in customization options. We would definitely like to add a customer banner or look to our statements to make them more personal.

Gave it a second try and I love it

Ages ago, I used Square to accept payments for my books. I struggled with the card reader and my phone - probably user error and cheap phones, but that's why I didn't immediately called insider them when I needed a way to accept payments this go-round. A client mentioned it was their preferred way to pay, so I gave it a go and am thrilled that I did. I can't foresee myself changing at this point. They perfectly meet my needs to accept payments multiple ways.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up multiple ways to accept payments. The interface is user friendly, they have multiple ways to pay, an excellent invoicing system, and they deposit money in my account promptly.

Cons

I honestly haven't come across anything I don't care for. So far, it's perfectly suited my needs both as a freelancer invoicing clients and as a writer accepting payments for books.

Convenient & Easy to Use

Onsite payment. We have multiple employees using the system and I (the admin) can see the transactions immediately. It's been a great tool for us and has actually increased our revenue.

Pros

We use this to process payments from customers at their homes when we do home repairs, lawn care and maintenance. The best part of this system is that it allows us to upsell and offer a convenient solution for payments when homeowners dont have cash or dont want to write a check. It's easy to keeps track of sales and they are intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

No major problems is over 2 years of use.

Perfect for all aspects

I am solving all issues I have had as far as processing payments, while keeping detailed reports of which employee sold each item and who did what service. Integrates with payroll and expense reports!

Pros

Ease of use, features, compatibility with other square softwares. I can add retail and sell with tax on specific items as well as services that do not require taxes. Easily tracks which employees sell which items.

Cons

More controls as far as employee permissions, but there is nothing I dislike about the software so far.

Still the easiest, most transparent Merchant Services platform out there for invoice-driven business

We got started using Square Inc. back in 2010 after we heard advertisement offers for free card readers. As a new business, it was important to us to appear legitimate, and to never give clients an excuse to not be able to pay us. In the time since, we've secured over $100,000 in capital from Square, processes nearly a million dollars in payments, and deployed Lord-knows how many invoices. I really can't fathom switching. Square rocks!

Pros

Where to begin? Competitive rates; workflows that are easy to understand and train on; over time, receiving capital offers which, if accepted, enable business growth; pretty good reporting system and very easy to templatize and automate the invoicing process.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Square per say. I will suggest that for recurring invoices I'd really like to see a way to filter by invoices that deploy at specific time increments e.g. monthly, weekly, quarterly, annually. For our business especially, certain service lines are invoiced for annually, while others are monthly and semi-monthly, so it'd be easier come A/R time if we could only view what's applicable.

Great for small businesses!

While I don't use Square currently, I used it multiple times a day at my previous job working for another small business. It was an essential piece of software, whether I was using it with a tablet at the brick and mortar store, or using it on my phone at trade shows located in the middle of nowhere. It was great to have around whenever a customer wanted to purchase something that cost more than the cash they had on hand, and it helped ensure an increase in profits (and helped us keep better track of our sales as well).

Pros

I love the ease of use and versatility of Square! When I first started using it, I didn't have as much technological knowledge as I do now, and it was incredibly easy to set up and use. I was able to use it seamlessly on a tablet or phone, and very rarely had issues with a slow connection or difficulty processing payment. It's relatively inexpensive, especially compared to buying an actual cash register, and far easier to keep track of payments while on the go.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Square. The few times I had difficulty with the software functionality were in extremely rural areas, and even then it was a temporary issue most of the time. Honestly, any piece of technology used out in the middle of nowhere is going to have some issues, so it's barely even a complaint.

Square is the best!

I'm asked all the time, "How do you take payments?" and "How should I pay you?". When I take my square attachment out or respond with, "I use Square!" my clients love it. It's so easy for them to add their information to the portal and trust the overall transaction.

Pros

Square is the best payment software for small businesses. It's user-friendly, customizable, and you can send contracts to clients along with invoices and estimates. You can also take payments in person as well as multiple reminders. It's such an easy way to keep track of your earnings.

Cons

Although extremely competitive, I wish Square charged less per transaction. Who wouldn't?! But, it's a good price to pay for a streamlined process for your business and clients.

Payment Processing for the Next Generation

Love it.

Pros

After years of struggling with the frustration of dated 2008 virtual payment processing services, I finally made the switch to Square two years ago. I haven't looked back since. I don't have a brick and mortar store, nor do I have an online store, but for working with my clients I use Square for invoicing. My clients absolutely love it! So much so, that many of them have left the older payment granddaddy...

Cons

It's not quite as advanced as the granddaddy system, but they are quickly catching up - for example, Square recently added the ability to request a deposit on an invoice (a great feature for long term projects, design work, etc). And other new features seem to be rolling out regularly.

Simple Processing and Saves Money

I needed the ability to process credit card payments. I was inundated with many companies asking me to use their services. The bottom line is they were way more expensive. They had monthly fees and terminal fees and hidden fees excetera excetera I ordered my square reader and I was in business immediately and did not take $0.01 out of my pocket. They just took a reasonable percentage for each credit card payment processed. they continue to add features year after year. Now it is better than ever!

Pros

I love the fact that I can insert it into my smartphone and I am ready to process credit card payments immediately.

Cons

some older cards required multiple swipes... But that is the same with most processors. You just have to know how to hold the device properly.

Great for small businesses

Pros

It's easy to set up products in the platform, and easy to use once set up. I like the reasonable fees and integration with a Bluetooth card reader.

Cons

Setting up remote online payments is kind of a pain. The screen is poorly laid out and the list of items i had already entered is way too small. It wants me to set up a new payment every time i go to that option, but most of the time i want to use one i already have set up, so that popup is annoying.