Square Payments Reviews - Page 3

1,489 reviews

Great credit card processing

Easy to use and love all the added features they offer from same day instant pay and loans with repay out of your credit card processing.

Pros

I like that we can use it anywhere. It’s Lightweight and makes it easy for clients to make payments with cards.

Cons

The newest tool we got to print receipts and things require wifi which we don’t always have access to.

Square is a small business, freelancer essential

I've been with Square for over four years now and it is one of the few tools that I use that I never have to think about. Reliable and dependable, and constantly improving their service.

Pros

I love Square. It is one of the most important business assets that I use on a daily basis. Without their ability to easily, quickly, and affordably invoice my clients, I wouldn't be where I am today. As a small business and freelancer, Square allows me to not only get paid, but to track my earnings, and do my taxes. There are so many add on features that you can use, it's mind boggling. From setting up an online store, to email and sale campaigns, Square is becoming, more and more, a one stop small business center. They have partnerships with more and more services that open possibilities for small and large business owners alike.

Cons

There is NOTHING that I don't like about Square. Other than my design software, Square is the most important tool in my arsenal.

Easy to use and efficient

Overall working with Square is efficient, easy to use, reliable and affordable.

Pros

Reporting for accounting purposes has been easy and processing refunds or returns has worked well. The ability to take payments from anywhere is greats, and you can have multiple users which works great.

Cons

The payment processing fees are a bit high for nonprofits, but nothing crazy above-average rates. Still, lower then other processors.

Payment Processing Without the Fuss

Using square make accounts receivable a breeze for my business. Having it has made payment processing and tracking less time consuming. I also enjoy being able to get customer feedback just as easily.

Pros

What I like most about Square is how simple it is to create invoices and send directly to clients. Not to mention the wonderful feature of sending reminders for unpaid invoices on a schedule. I also like the user interface. Logging in and seeing the Dashboard with my activity for the day and week is great. Love the monthly reporting as well.

Cons

Customer service can be a lag at times. Not being able to get a live person immediately is a drag especially for tech support.

An excellent, very affordable payment software

Square is fantastic. The mag stripe reader is free, the tap/chip reader is very reasonably priced ($60) and the online site is very easy to navigate. There is a simple button for many features, such as reports and viewing transactions. You can also take payments over the phone by inputting the card numbers.

Pros

I can use square anywhere - either with wifi or cell phone data. I can accept most credit cards, and debit cards either through tap, chip, or mag stripe. It is very easy to setup and start taking payments within minutes. Payments are super fast, I usually get the money deposited the next day.

Cons

If you take a payment over the phone, and manually type in the card number, there is a higher fee for processing that type of payment.

Super Intuitive POS

Super safe and easy to learn and use right away

Pros

Very clean design, easy to get started and excellent customer support. I requested additional signage for our workspace and it was mailed to me the same day

Cons

Sometimes glitchy if WiFi is weak - mainly if trying to use Square on same network as many users (ie, in a co-working space)

Essential for credit card transactions

Fantastic. Not only is it helpful on a routine basis, but I can capture sales that would otherwise be elusive, whether from a person avoiding payment (they can't argue with the ease of seeing their card on my phone) or creating an online professional invoice for immediate payment by an institution.

Pros

Ease of use, whether through card reader on phone or allowing easy online invoicing or easy online store setup. I especially like the prompt automatic transfer directly to my bank account and the low, or at least competitive, processing fee.

Cons

The contactless reader was problematic and required frequent changing, so i stopped trying to use it.

Love this product

We have multiple users in our practice, each with their own account, so funds are easily kept separate. I cannot remember the last time i had to contact tech support but I have never had a problem with their customer service. All the information you need is on the mobile app and the dashboard online. I have used this product since 2010 and would never use another credit card system.

Pros

This software is very straight-forward and easy to use. There are no hidden costs or surprises in billing. Funds are direct-deposited within 24 hours of sales. All transactions are easy and seamless including refunds and invoicing. All types of credit, debit and HSA cards are accepted for the same fees.

Cons

Because it's so easy to use, most clients now pay with credit cards so the fees add up. There are no other problems that i am aware of.

I’m Very Happy with Square

Nothing to complain about. I have heard some complaints, but personally I have never had the slightest issue.

Pros

No start up fee. Creating an account and getting a basic card reader was no charge. No charge if not used. Square takes a percentage out of the payments so you are only paying for the service when you use the service. Good customer service. I’ve only had to contact customer service once, but my issue was solved very quickly when I did contact them. Easy to send receipts, bills, & refunds. I use square regularly to send invoices to my patients or to businesses for things like chair massage events. Payments can be run directly through the invoice by the customer as well.

Cons

No option for multiple businesses. Not a serious issue, but as someone who has run a couple different DBA’s it would have been convenient to have them both on one account. There are multiple locations available.

Very User Friendly

I really like the ease of use. I literal can process a payment anywhere.

Pros

I set my account up quickly. The verification process was quick and was ready to use the same day. Very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the swipe does not connect right away. Had to re-plug a few times to get it to recognize in my phone.

Super Helpful

Excellent. Also, during the Pandemic they waived their monthly fees to help their customers out for three months. And they are constantly asking their customers for feedback to help make the product better.

Pros

It's ease. Square processing makes it so easy to do your daily transactions. You can collect payment from a desktop or the mobile app and you do not need the swipe piece either.

Cons

I have not had any issues with the software since we have been using it

Simple and Secure

Great experience! People love how popular this is because it recognizes them and saves their preferences. So if another company used Square to process their payment and they opted to have a receipt emailed to them that email address is saved with that option after I swipe their card.

Pros

It's easy to set up and has a ton of neat features. If you need just a simple way to charge clients in person or invoice it's perfect. If you need to track sales data and customer rewards, it has that too. You can do as much or as little with it as you need.

Cons

The app can be hard to navigate at first. I had trouble with quickly clearing items off. These are minor things that weren't deal breakers. You quickly learn how to get things going once you run a few payments.

Amazing!

My overall experience of using Square Payments for payroll is FANTASTIC. I would normally dread running payroll but this has truly relieved me of the headache. I am done within minutes. Additionally they always keep you up to date with emails and notifications on your dashboard when you sign into your account. I love it!

Pros

The product is extremely user friendly. It is very easy to run payroll within minutes. The features to customize your invoices are also very beneficial. Important documents are stored safely yet accessible anytime you need them.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software. Even when I went to customer support for assistance they were fast and knowledgeable.

The Best Mobile Credit Card Machine

I have been able to not have to resort to someone sitting in front of a credit card processing machine in order to feed card numbers in and I am able to do this right on site which reduces my payroll significantly.

Pros

Who wouldn't like the ease of mobile payment processing on the go? Square payments processing allows me to take control of payments out in the field from customers which allows more privacy for the customer to be able to process a payment onsite as opposed to asking for credit card numbers over the phone which puts the customer at great risk of identity theft. I also enjoy taking advantage of the fixed processing fees that square offers. They do not try and take a higher percentage for larger amounts rather charge a fixed 2.75% for swiped transactions which most of my business is. I would be lost without Square and that freedom that it offers my business.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about this software is that it does charge .15 for each keyed in transaction. Sometimes when a customer's card is worn and the only option is to manually enter a transaction.

Great for those that are mobile

The main bonus is that with Square you do not have to worry what the fees are going to be depending on type of card or what a third party may decide their fees are going to be. There are basically two fees for any and all cards. Swiped is one fee and if you manually enter the card it will be about 1% more. No long monthly statement that you have to have a CPA try to decipher. And no hidden fees. The one thing that I do not like about Square is they will not process payments when it comes Firearms, even for those that have an FFL.

Pros

It is easy to use and you do not have to waste time trying to read a multi page statement showing charges you have no idea what they are for or how they are calculated. All cards have the same set fees. You do not have to worry about a monthly minimum or charge if you don't meet a minimum amount in transactions.

Cons

I really don't have any problems with the software. I did have a problem with a chip reader and but found it hard to get support, so I'm just using the old swipe type reader at present.

Square makes life easier....

Square is becoming my all in one stop for my business, I'll be adding the web store soon too.

Pros

I love using Square. I use the chip readers for sales on the go, never any issues. I like the features of reports, item library, customer tracking, makes my reporting a breeze!

Cons

I honestly have no complaints, or have had any issues.

Great Option for Small Business

Overall, I like the functionality of square. I like how it seamlessly merges my web buying & selling with POS services when I do live events.

Pros

I like how Square is easy to use. It offers functionality that allows me to manage promotions and special offers easily.

Cons

I don't really like the fees, but there are fees with any payment option other than cash. Also, sometimes navigation to gift card options is a little tricky.

Awesome for small bussiness

I use this often with customers who want to pay by credit card. I can send invoices by email and they can pay online too. I get my money quickly form Square and have never had an issue since I have been using them. I signed up almost as soon as they opened their doors.

Pros

I love that I can take any type of credit card without the need for monthly fees or contracts.

Cons

I don't like the fees but they are unavoidable. The fees Square charges are fair.

Square for small business

Fast, easy to use, intuitive, easy to prepare for tax returns, expensive, especially for high value invoice processing

Pros

I really love Square as that it is extremely easy to set up and use, I am able to create a professional invoice in minutes and send out to clients, payments are processed near-to-instantly and when tax season hits, Square provides you with incredibly powerful tools to make your tax return a breeze.

Cons

The cost (2.6% +10c) is quite high, if you would be processing $100k a year then the cost for processing payments would be around $2600! It would be great if they could introduce a cap per payment (let's say $15) so high value invoices are not hit with such high processing fees.

Easy processing

The analytics that show what is selling well and what is not moving

Pros

I love how it’s easy to get a payment. I don’t have to do anything to get my money sent to me the next day with fees easily taken out

Cons

Entering the card number manually does take some time and if you have an iPhone and need to use a lightning adapter, it isn’t convenient

My Favorite Processing Platform

Square has an entire suite of merchant processing utilities that have taken a lot of hassle out of my everyday routine, and I am quite happy for it. Especially given that this all comes with NO monthly fee - only per transaction charges.

Pros

The new instant deposit feature is really, really nice for personal and small business users who need rapid access to their funds. Their overall system is easy to use, navigate and setup from the start and they continue to roll out new features that make doing business easier and easier. I love have everything I need to process payments, even invoicing and POS, right in one location.

Cons

Charging an extra percentage point for using an instant deposit feature is a bit crappy, but hey, that is business I suppose. I would also like to see it a bit easier to use their API system to hook into other eCommerce platforms as their existing API is a bit tricky to say the least.

Thankful for Square

Pros

I am able to process payments without monthly fees, my funds are delivered next day, and the chargeback protection is amazing. I have not found a credit card processing company willing to help business in the chargeback situations. The banks side with their customers every time and there is a lot of fraud because of it. Square offers protection if you provide valid evidence, I haven't found another...

Cons

I hate that apple phones no longer have a headjack so now for my square reader I have to have an extension, which is quite awkward.

Hands down - great experience

I send invoices + reminders. I use card reader for in person music lessons and switched to online options with ecwid / wordpress site. Just allowed me to give customers options and convenience. They were happy and I looked professional.

Pros

I've always admired square for how clean and well designed everything their products are. They gets the job done and are a lot more user friendly than others were.

Cons

I haven't noticed anything. Have not honestly needed to contact support. I never used the banking ach option for my customers cause it seemed more complicated for them.

I use it every day

I have had a great experience with Square. It has allowed us to take payments anywhere from patients including in person as well as over the phone. Easy to send from office to office to collect patient as well as vendor payments.

Pros

So simple and easy to use. I love how it is set up. Layout is super easy to navigate. I do the billing for two separate practices and I am able to easily switch back and forth from each account. Fast,easy way to take credit card payments. I also love that there is a space to type right in any notes like patient's account number and name so you can recount who exactly made the payment and what for.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one downfall from using this software. It doesnt typically have any issues and works well. I dont think in my years using it I have really ever encountered any issues with using the system itself.

Simple Way to Collect Payments

I have a great experience with square! I think they have created a good product that is easy to use anywhere and with any device. It's easy to move from one place to the next and makes check out more of a streamlined process.

Pros

We have a store where we sell a variety of products - we often have donations that come in or "specials" to highlight different products. Square payments helps us to quickly and effectively collect those payments - whether in person or online. I like that I'm able to set my own prices, or easily adjust prices based on the sales we are running.

Cons

Sometimes the card reader doesn't work the greatest (when we have to swipe), but most of the time it works great. Also, the organization of products/specials/discounts/donations is sometimes confusing. I've had difficulty finding the right discount button, or it's applied to an entire purchase, rather than just one item. This may be some user error, but I do think square would benefit from organizing it in a more easy-to-understand way.