Square Payments Reviews

Square Payments

Online payment processing for merchants & vendors

Square Payments

1,211 reviews

Square has an easy to operate design

Pros

If a business is just getting started and they want a somewhat user friendly mobile payment system, they might want to consider using Square, although there is a lack of human technical support. It also offers the ability to accept credit cards anywhere with smart devices.

Cons

We don't use it often and haven't ran into any kind of security problems. Although, I have heard other small businesses have be hacked.

Great software!

Pros

I loved how easy and simple it was to use this product, especially with clients wanting to pay for your services and not having cash or checks.

Cons

There were a number of times where a client's card swipe would not work on the Square reader. I remember having to swipe at least 4 times for one client before it actually went through.

Great for mobile fast payments

Pros

I like the ease of use the quick processing and the reliability.

Cons

I would like to see more customization receipt options in the future.

Easy to navigate

Pros

Easy to use and big clear labels! Online dashboard keeps track of sales data.

Cons

Must be somewhat tech savy to set up custom features.

Very convenient

The benefits is not a lot of people carry cash anymore and you can bill, charge, and it's in your account super fast

Pros

Pros you can charge anyone through this and you can link it to any bank account and the money is there the next day.

Cons

What I like these about this product is absolutely nothing, It works great and would be an asset to your business

Convenient

Pros

A very nice and portable tool that helps small business owners be able to process payment. Very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes you may need to swipe the card a few times.

Very User-friendly and convenient

It is definitely handy to have with you to promptly process payments for customers on the spot!

Pros

The software is super user friendly and can be used with multiple devices to make sure cards are easily swiped or entered.

Cons

The fees can get to be a bit much, depending on the size of the transaction. Need to be prepared for how you will pay those.

Easy way to take card payments

Payment processing

Pros

Probably the easiest way to take card payments

Cons

The fees are pretty high since it is geared towards smaller companies

Easy for simple transactions, poor customer service

Emailed customer service with a question about appointments and never heard back.

Pros

Very easy to set up. Sleep hardware. Straight forward processing.

Cons

As my business keeps bringing in more revenue, I'm starting to question the fees. For now they are fine but I may look into cheaper options in a few months.

Square payment processing

Overall it is easy to use and set up your account and do what you need to do to make it easier on the client/customer to make payments by card...

Pros

Pros is that it is user friendly and easy to use and easy to find out how to use the program properly and hard to not get it right the first time.

Cons

Con is sometimes it takes couple times to swipe the card and now of days people wonder why are you doing multiple swipe with all the con games going on. reader needs some fine tuning or at least the one that I use.

Worked alright for our auction

It worked well initially, but we have switched over to an actual auction software now which incorporates all of our items in our auction.

Pros

We used Square to start out with our school auction. We didn't get to fully use the software to the fullest because it was a lot of work to get items entered into the software. It seemed easy enough though to check out visitors following the auction. The interface was really simple and clear.

Cons

Initial setup for the items that are in the "system". You could preload items and give them a number, making it easier to check out, but that was on an individual item basis. Would have been easier to be able to import a spreadsheet and then it's up and running.

Easiest payment software out there

Overall this is the fastest and most reliable credit card processing software on the market

Pros

Square is now the most recognizable and trusted credit card processing system for small businesses, very easy and intuitive to use

Cons

The card readers that come with the app can be touchy and often require a few swipes to correctly read the card info

Best credit card solution for small businesses

We originally used a payment system run by one of the big banks but cost per transaction had become an issue. Square Payments Processing gives us a lower cost per transaction and greater accounting transparency.

Pros

Quick and easy to use both on desktop and mobile

Cons

Nothing ! We haven't had a single problem with this software from the day we started using it, 3 years ago.

Painless Payment Processing

Overall I think Square is fantastic for the service they provide.

Pros

Square is incredibly simple and intuitive. Simple plug and play with their versatile dongle that attaches to any tablet or phone.

Cons

This is more on Apple than Square but having to have potentially two different dongles to accommodate the newer iPhones is a pain.

User friendly!

Square makes it easy to accept payments at vendor shows and trade shows!

Pros

It's easy to use! When we first set it up, we were using it without having to look at the help guides.

Cons

There really wasn't anything we would change, we're able to update our information on the go with our tablet.

Mobile Payments!

Pros

In a mobile non-profit, it's great to have a system you can use to collect payments on the go, anywhere. We love how you can use Square on the iPad and iPhone. Love the free swiper that comes with the software download and use too.

Cons

Sometimes the swipe doesn't work. But that might not be the software.

Love Square! It's SO easy to use for the consumer and the retailer.

Pros

Deposits come quickly and you can't beat the ease of function. The Square app is so simple to use especially when you have the adaptor. You can use it on your phone, iPad and if needed do a manual payment.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software. Every time I have used it I have not experienced any issues.

So easy to use

Really fast and easy to use. Payments and process happen without any trouble. It is very easy to track and keep organized!

Pros

Easy to use, set up and deploy. Anyone can use this system from first time users or seasoned retailers.

Cons

There are a lot of little updates that happen. They should wait and combine them to release one major upgrade.

This is a life saver

They release monies fast which is great since I am small business and need my money from the purchases

Pros

I like that it is so easy to use and it is a well known app so my customers trust when they have to pay me for purchases.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the piece that fits in the phone how big it is and I can't leave it attached.

Square

Very easy to use and competitively priced. Customer service is excellent.

Pros

Very easy to use and Very helpful customer service. Easy set up and helpful tips on getting started.

Cons

It is a great program and with the short time I have used it I can’t find anything that I dislike about it.

Sensational Square Payment Processing

Pros

Very easy when first starting to use, spectacular how-to directions, not to mention super handy with being able to connect to your cellphone or mobile device for on the go

Cons

There have been a few times when there was a bit of a lag in speed during high impact moments

Great for a small business when taking payments outside the office.

Pros

I LOVE THEY SEND YOU A SWIPE adapter at no charge! The monies are immediately loaded to you square account. The ease of downloading reports for tax purposes is also nice. Transferring money to you bank account is also easy to do and transfer quick.

Cons

The fees and rates they charge could be lower.

Good payment processing app

I had good experience with this service. Will continue using it.

Pros

So far so good. Easy to use and install even without proper trainings. Payments are processed quickly

Cons

I had a problems once where the app needed to be reinstalled and only after that it worked again. Sometimes crashes

Square Payments - Payments Made Easy

I find that many vendors now a days have The Square - who really carries cash these days? Being able to go to a flee market, farmer's market, salon, food truck, etc and not have to be worried about having cash makes all the difference!

Pros

The ability to accept payments from basically anyone, anywhere

Cons

For the few times I have used it I have had no trouble

Lifesaver for small business

In this day of electronic payments, I couldn't do business without Square!

Pros

This software opens up so many possibilities for payment options and invoicing. Makes the job a lot simpler.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about this software. I found it easy to use, user friendly and time friendly.