Square Payments Reviews

Square Payments

Online payment processing for merchants & vendors

Square Payments

1,212 reviews

Great way to purchase

Pros

Great way to sell items and charge the customer.

Cons

Some cards have trouble reading the card reader.

Up in running in no time!

Pros

Received the device and was up in running right away! Square is so easy to set up and use. I absolutely love being able to track my sales and inventory!

Cons

The cost, while it's very small right now but as I grow I can imagine the fees being a lot.

Just what we needed

We didn't realize the sales that we were missing out on, by being "cash only". Square has helped us increase our sales, and helped us expand our customer base.

Pros

Super easy to use, very user friendly. Inexpensive investment for our business.

Cons

So far, there's nothing at all to dislike !

Square for Small Business

Pros

We use Square as a small business. It is so convenient to take with you to meetings and pull out when a customer wants to pay with a credit card. It makes tracking payments and expenses so easy.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Square.

Awesome Payment Processing Service

Great way to take online payments as well as in-person credit card payments. Works on mulitple devices so there's no need purchase any additional equipment.

Pros

Easy to use app and card reader. Easy to set up items to sell.

Cons

Processing fees but those are part of the credit industry.

Square

Easy access to clients and having them pay instantly

Pros

I like how you can attach the square to your phone and can charge a credit card anywhere. Money is at your fingertips

Cons

If the network or data from your phone or device isn’t strong then you can’t run a card. Other than that it works well

Great software

Pros

They explained it very well. Ease to use.

Cons

Mostly amazing, it needs more new features.

Best Payment system

Pros

This was the easiset payment system out there. It was so easy to set up and I could start taking payments right away! I was very impressed by it!

Cons

The only con is that I had to wait for the card reader to come by regular postal mail.

Square payments processing

got the job done just wish the technology was a bit better.

Pros

I used the phone version with the adapter to be able to swipe CC, it was convenient to use and set up

Cons

I had issues when it came to swiping, you had to do it a certain way and even then it was not 100% going to work every time.

Super Easy

Pros

It's probably one of the most well-known software items out there for payment processing. Super easy to use and users have already used it and it saves their email/data so it's more streamlined for them, too!

Cons

Not all users like that their information is saved...

Love It!!!

Pros

Charging debit cards and credit cards is really easy basically enter the amount being charged and voila!

Cons

Down side is sometimes I do have a difficult time trying to get it to load but that just might be my internet connection

Easy way to collect payments.

Pros

This was a really easy efficient way to collect payments for when I work craft shows, it plugs right into your phone or tablet.

Cons

It does require wireless data to run so you need to make sure you are on wifi or using a phone.

Great for entrepreneurs

Pros

I love how square makes it so easy to accept payments. It’s great for small businesses and startups. They even have hardware that accepts Apple Pay!

Cons

The fee structure is a bit higher than some other credit card processors

Great set up!

Pros

This is the best program out there for small businesses with a small volume of credit card transactions each month. It is easy to set up and trusted by users

Cons

I think it is a great software problem - i have no complaints

Great for small business

Payment!

Pros

Allows for my business to grow (accepting credit cards). Easy to use and set up. Invoicing is useful too.

Cons

Had to pass along additional costs to consumer through increased prices. Not much I would be able to do about that.

Square payments

Pros

The biggest draw for square is the flat rate pricing for swiped cards, which is what I use it for. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I dislike the fact that square charges more to keep a card on file. It would be great if it was the same flat rate pricing as swiping.

Must have for ecommerce

Pros

I love how easily it integrates with Shopify - it makes adding discounts and auto-populating customer fields so much easier.

Cons

I have no complaints! It's seamless integration and that's extremely important to my business.

Card Payments Anywhere

Pros

I like Square because you can process a credit card or debit card payment no matter where you are. This is especially helpful if you are out and about a lot or it isn't practical for you to have a physical credit card machine. All you have to do is plug in a small square device into your aux or headphone jack of your favorite device (phone, tablet, etc) and along with the help of an app, you are able to receive payments anywhere!

Cons

It does take a minute to get the Square set up with your account and working, but once you get that done, it works great.

A great cost effective tool!

Really helped with touch less payments and a safe tool during the pandemic

Pros

A great way of exchanging payment during the pandemic! A safe and effective tool.

Cons

Have yet to find a flaw with this program. Recommend to all small businesses

Reliable Payment Processing, Could use help with Customer Service

This is a great one-stop-shop for business payments. It is a great tool for many who are starting out in retail.

Pros

It is easy to use and had been a trusted payment processor for businesses. This encompasses both a customer and a business owner.

Cons

The customer service could use more help. Sometimes issues cannot be immediately resolved. Also, fees may also be a financial burden for smaller businesses.

Easy way to get your payments fast but at a small cost.

Pros

Easy, fast and convenient way to keep track of and receive payments for larger amounts of goods.

Cons

There is a fee for credit card transactions that they take, and while getting a payout quickly is good, a bit of a patience can pay off in the longer run.

A great way to take payments

Pros

I got a free card reader. It was nice to not have to pay for it before I knew if it was going to work out for me and my band.

Cons

I found another company that had a cheaper rate. It was also harder to set up with the opencart store I was making

Easy to use!

Pros

I love how handy Square makes taking payments! The layout is sleek and clean and the system is easy to operate. Tipping is a simple screen and the device is small and un-obtrusive. You can go back and re-send receipts and alter transactions if needed. I also appreciate how it remembers emails that are attached to credit cards in the overall square system, not just at each business.

Cons

I have not processed the payments on the backend, I have only taken them on the customer service side of things so I cannot speak to their fees or after the fact processing.

Accept payment on the go

Pros

Square Payments Processing allows you to accept all forms of payment and they make it easy to set up for direct deposit as well.

Cons

The fees could be a bit less but it seems fair for the level of service that is offered.

Great for Business Use

Pros

User-friendly, and I'm able to use it when my other payment processing options are not working - definitely the service to use in a pinch or at events!

Cons

Price per transaction is usually the reason I don't opt to use this more.