Square Payments Reviews - Page 5

1,489 reviews

Very convenient - not quite sure how it works

Pros

After I go to a store that uses Square, I get an email receipt, which in my opinion is way better than getting a paper receipt that I'll probably toss anyways. It keeps us from wasting paper. Also, the system moves quite quickly and is extremely self-explanatory. I also remember a while ago there were Square card readers that could be plugged into phones through the headphone jack (back when headphone jacks were a thing) which I thought was extremely interesting.

Cons

There's not much there is to dislike about Square - I'm not sure how well it works with Apple or Android Pay (or any other kind of virtual wallet), so it might not be as optimal for people to that end.

Square makes accepting payments easy

Since choosing square payments processing my business has flourished by being able to accept any payment anywhere.

Pros

When I first started my business I had many different apps and companies that allowed you to accept payments. Square was by far one of the easiest to set up and start using. Plus they give you a card scanner that actually plugs into your phone or device and connects to the app that's on your device. Which allows you to scan anyone's card and accept payment. The most important part is it's safe and secure. While doing events where I sell my merchandise I always use square where people can use their cards just like they were in the local Walmart.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with square yet. I have called customer service which had extended wait times but they've always help resolve the issue.

Review for square

I love square! I honestly will only ever use this. No more PayPal!

Pros

I love that it tracks and stores Inventory and previous purchases! It’s so clean and organized and I can find everything so easy

Cons

I wish the free processing was for 2,000.00 and up. I always get to 1,000.00 but hardly ever go much more than that. I say reward with 2,000.00 lol

Square was great until it wasn't

Our overall experience with Square was good, until they stopped letting us use their service without any explanation or warning or notice. Once that happened, we switched to another service and will not go back.

Pros

Square is convenient to use and is good for small business who don't want to pay monthly fees for a merchant credit card processor. For a time, Square was the gold standard for quick and easy payments on the go. But their customer service is poor and they suddenly stopped letting my law practice use their service, without any warning or notice whatsoever, leaving us in the lurch.

Cons

Out of the blue, one day they cancelled my small business, without any warnings or notice. They simply decided that they would no longer let my type of law practice use their service. Similar small law offices were likewise cancelled overnight. We had to scramble to locate a new merchant credit card processor, which would allow us to take payments by phone and in-person, without having to pay a monthly subscription fee. We switched to Clover Go and have never looked back.

Not Worth The Hassle

I would not recommend Square to a small business owner unless their profits are substantial and they can afford the loss.

Pros

I like the conveniency of Square and how easy you can set up the service. Square is great for small businesses and NPOs that sells products and provide a service. Almost everyone is familiar with Square which makes it ideal for payment processing.

Cons

My biggest issue with Square is the lack of customer service support and the way they hold funding for the receiver. As a small business owner, this is very disconcerting because we make a living off our profits. This is very difficult to do when Square is holding 25% of your sales.

Square Still Best

Everything goes smoothly and I’ve little issues of any kind. Square stays on top of it consistently.

Pros

There is diversity of rather easy to use accessories. They are sleek looking and hold their battery charge or are rather functional. Square also seems to be the universal “go to” for point of sale.

Cons

The charge per purchase that goes to square seemed to be higher than others. I looked around at better deals so to speak but I still landed on square because, we’ll, it’s just better than anything else I’ve seen, even tho it’s a little more pricy.

I can't praise this product enough!!!

Very positive

Pros

The fact that I can have multiple 'terminals' that were all a 'one off' cost means that I can save money all year round - as i don't use them every month of the year this is a major savings for my small business. Having these multiple 'terminals' across multiple locations and the log in is done on a mobile means that anyone of my 4 admin staff or 12 teachers at work can take a payment and it all be seen at a central website. I love the 'transaction' history, and that the notes section at payment time allows anyone to put in exact details of what they are taking money for.

Cons

I don't really have anything worth complaining about!?

Small business friendly Processing

Benefits as I previously mentioned are ease of use and low processing fees. The are friendly for small businesses

Pros

This software does not break the bank and it's portable. Square offers customers a free square card reader when they first open an account so they can accept credit and debit card payments. The ewas of use is great RT as well. Being able to set my employees to do deliveries and they can accept using their own mobile devices and employee codes is a plus.

Cons

The only gripe I may have with Square is that they dont have a tutorial on how to use the website and all it has to offer. Other than that this company is amazing.

Best Credit Card App! Simple to use!

Our overall experience has been extremely positive. Square has allowed us to take cash advances based on our sales and easliy pay back with a percentage of our sales as we go.

Pros

I like the ease of use. No training required. I can run the credit cards from the terminal or directly from my phone. I like that I can see all the different reports, transcations, deposits, at my fingertips.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this program. I would highly recommend. The only thing maybe is most people would want to shop around for rates before committing to any merchant account. I believe this one is reasonable.

Square is great

With square processing payments I can easily take payments on the go when I do events and conventions. I love it and so do my customers. It's very professional looking and easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about square is that you can download the app and they'll send you a card reader therefore you can take payments on the go anywhere which is great if you do any live events.

Cons

Their dispute process isn't the best. I had a customer purchase a product then later dispute it. Even after verification that the item was delivered to the home I still lost money behind this order. Also, the fees are kind of high but they are standard with any software.

Very convenient from a customer's point of view

I have always found Square to be a simple and practical way of making payment, and very convenient for those of us living in the cashless economy.

Pros

I am not a user of Square from the point of view of a business, I have made payments via Square as a customer many times. I have found it to be a very clever product and very convenient for people like me who rarely have cash on hand and sometimes find itself in the middle of an event where cash would typically be the predominant currency (for example at festivals, and farmer's markets). Its adoption by businesses, especially small businesses, has further enabled the cashless economy.

Cons

I really haven't had a bad experience with Square. If there was one thing to point out as a possible improvement, it would be the creation of an "offline" mode, so that transactions can still be made in areas where internet connection is not available (maybe by leaving it as pending and then processing them when the business owner is in a place with internet connection).

Definitely the best & user-friendly payment processing platform

For my brick and mortar business, I will continue to use Square Payments Processing. The other option would be Clover but am not a fan. Despite higher transaction fee, I'll keep using Square for providing great service that is much needed by many business owners.

Pros

Square is definitely the best when it comes to accepting payments from customers at a brick and mortar business as well as online. It offers so many more than just payments. For example, appointments, gift cards, reconciliation, invoicing, etc.

Cons

The only con would be the transaction fee/rate - it's quite high. However, Square does offer lots of extra benefits for charging higher fees.

Collecting Money Made Easy

Using the square reader and software literally take 5 seconds to capture the credit card information and collect the money which is deposited in my account within 3 days!

Pros

Sometimes collecting money from patients can be trying and difficult. Oh you forgot your cash? No problem, we can take credit cards due to Square! The free hardware and software makes it easy to collect money via credit cards!

Cons

I do wish that the Chip card readers were free like the magnetic stripe readers, but I did pony up and buy the chip readers to protect the medical practice from credit card fraud

Simple. Easy. Quick. Accept credit cards right now.

Pros

Love how simple and easy everything is. Building inventory, POS, web interface (including reports, etc). Assigning roles and having staff run Square with their phones for big events is awesome. So easy to set up for them, authenticate them as users, and remove once the event is finished. Even returns are easy! The hardware that goes with Square is also top notch. The phone dongles are great, but the tap unit is excellent with bluetooth pairing. Keeps everything touch free for you and your customer! It's perfect! Fees are reasonable too.

Cons

If you're making the switch from cash only/EFTs to credit card sales it might feel steep to have to pay for processing....but in the end it's worth the ability to offer the convenience to your customers. The swipe hardware that uses phone jacks isn't useful any longer with the new iPhones....so there's that...but the switch to a bluetooth tap unit is solid....or you can use an adapter.

Great POS system for processing

Have taken many payments with square and is an easy to use platform.

Pros

With Square there are a number of features that keep expanding and improving. There is a simple and affordable pos system that can be used with phone or tablet making it flexible for on the road or staionary. Helps with invoicing and inventory as well.

Cons

The pos part of the web store for e-commerce is not great and could use lots of improvement to help with integrating the pos with a web based store. They use wix I believe for the website and would be better with a word press or even partnering with big commerce or similar platform.

Great for solo practices

Great for smaller/solo practices, reliable transactions, could have better e-commerce user experience

Pros

- Software and product were easy to set up and integrate in practice - Transactions processed easily, reliable service - Potential to compete with more advanced (in terms of e-commerce) competitors like Shopify

Cons

- Transaction processing rate is steeper than competitors - Could improve on e-commerce user experience (as like Shopify)

Easy to Use, Trusted by Customers

In a nearly cashless society, this has allowed us (multiple orgs/companies) to make our products available to people on the go and in situations where it just isn't feasible to setup a physical payment system/register. Increased sales and customer loyalty have been the result when implementing this for payment processing.

Pros

I haven't had a chance to use this in my current role, but have used at tech events and in food trucks. I love the ease of use. Nobody ever carries cash anymore unless they know ahead of time that they need to. This allows businesses, large and small, to accept payment from customers on the go. Easy setup, affordable, and a brand that customers have come to trust. Every now and then a customer gets apprehensive about swiping their card on a mobile device, but that is quickly alleviated when they see it's processed by Square.

Cons

Early on it took some getting used to and we had some limitations with devices and connectivity. In the last few years, we haven't had any down sides to using this solution.

Square, Making Fundraising and Payments that much easier.

Being that our school has had limited ability in seeing students and parents in person relative to our PTA has made fundraising and collecting payments challenging however using Square to facilitate it had made it happen for us and we are very pleased.

Pros

I love that amidst the pandemic and things getting tricky as the Treasurer for my sons school, Square made it so easy to collect payments for spirit wear and fundraising that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. It was fast, convenient and parents loved it.

Cons

It has been a little tricky changing the account manager to the new person (we change officers every two years).

Square payments

overall my experience has been a great one. I have had a long standing relationship and plan to continue with them into the distant future

Pros

I love the simplicity of the software. I love being able to accept credit card or debit card payments directly on my phone with the small noninvasive card reader that i attach to my phone. I like the small fees that are associated with each transaction

Cons

i wish that payments that are received could be processed sooner than the normal 2 day normal processing time.

a lof of good options, square might be the best.

Amazing, will continue to use as long as they hold up their business integrity.

Pros

It just works, their square reader was used for a long time before we moved to terminal and the whole process just worked - having buggy terminals or cards bouncing in a busy store is something I see too often from those old bulky never cleaned terminals at your local mcdonalds - square is the next step up for all businesses.

Cons

It took 5+ clicks to see the actual fees, their sales pages brag about no fees on this no fees on that but they still have transaction fees, which is normal for every card processor - but it took so many clicks to find out what they were, 1.9 & 2.2 for online are good rates, but it went against their marketing by not having it present.

Excellent product

Pros

Square is very intuitive. Everything is touch based and easy to locate. I really like the custom reports feature.

Cons

sometimes it can be difficult to find what you're looking for. And the rewards feature requires you to enter a customer name before transaction to apply benefits.

Life Easy with Square

Pros

I LOVE the fact that after so many transactions and good history, Square offers Capital to you. They take payment back from daily CC sales. The app and web page are well designed and work flawlessly! Square also offers Instant Deposit to a debit card, which makes it perfect when you need the funds right away.

Cons

Only Con I have is that the processing fees are little high compare to other Processing companies

Square Review

I have been using Square Payment Processing for a long time now and I do like the service and will continue with them.

Pros

I like that Square Payment Processing is rather simple to use. I have the app on my device and it easily allows me to collect payments from anywhere.

Cons

I think that the processing fees could be a little less. I understand that a fee needs to be collected, but I think it's high, especially when a card has to be entered manually. Sometimes the reader won't read the card and then it has to be entered manually. While that is not my fault, I still have to pay a higher fee for that.

Hard to Imagine Life Without Square

We love Square. Although we do not use it for everything and recognize its limitations, I would recommend it to anyone needing a flexible payment processing tool.

Pros

The flexibility we get with Square is incredible. We are able to offer payment options on our site and on the go. The UI of Square is another feature that we love. Our customers regularly comment on how convenient it is for them as well.

Cons

We do not use square for all of our ecommerce because it has proven unable to scale effectively. The situations where we need Square, it works like a charm, but it is not fit for every situation.

They Hold Your Payments To Control You!

I am very unhappy. I felt violated and robbed by Square. My clients were upset and felt the same by my company not getting paid when they paid us for services.

Pros

Easy in person credit card payments from customers.

Cons

That you get no access to your payments when paid. Square keeps the payment paid to you for services by the customer at their decision.