Square Payments Reviews - Page 6

1,489 reviews

Square for business

Simple, client are use to the interface and trust in the software.

Pros

Easily reference past transactions and review activity and trends. There is no pressure to upgrade of buy other products. Different products available for different business needs.

Cons

Charges more to expedite payments and transactions on the weekend take longer to process but I do not think they have control over this issue, seems like a bank issue.

Nonprofit Events

One of a kind. This is a solid system with many reporting and set up options. If you sell things then this is the number 1 system for you!

Pros

There is a big reason why square is so popular! It is a one of a kind payment processing system. It is safe, secure, and easy to use. We use our for a thrift store and nonprofit events. We have two accounts which makes distinguishing funds easy and they are both set up to different bank accounts. You can list items for sale so you know the cost and don't have to type it in. Square even gives you your first card ready for free when you sign up. This is one of those tools that is always handy to have in your bag as the director of a nonprofit.

Cons

After some time card readers to loose their ability to read cards or sometimes cards can be old and difficult to read. If a few failed swipe attempts don't work there is not need to worry. Just go in and type the card number. This option makes everything less stressful.

Good enough to keep the cash flow going.

I like that I get such good reports about the fees collected.

Pros

Once I programmed the app with items that pertain to my practice, it’s very easy to use. My main problem is with access to the internet and I’m getting that fixed this week. I think it is very adaptable for everyone’s practice.

Cons

The number of steps it takes to complete a transaction. Just takes time to become familiar with their terminology so can get things complete.

Square is THE Software to Use for Mobile Transactions

The ease of use and flexibility to process many types of payments makes Square a great solution for any business, especially those that must process payments on location

Pros

The software is seamless and easy to use. Square provides free credit card processing hardware that interfaces with mobile phones for fast and super-easy transactions anywhere.

Cons

This is terrific software. The fees are a little more expensive than some solutions, but the convenience makes it well worthwhile.

The Easiest Way to Accept Payment

This is the best possible way to get setup with accepting credit card payments. Once you create your account, which only takes a few minutes, they'll send you a free card reader. But you can also accept payments by manually entering the card numbers. It works equally well on a desktop computer (via website) or using the mobile app. One of the best features is that if you have $25 or more to deposit you can instantly deposit the money. I usually get it in my bank account within seconds of depositing. Plus, now they have new features like invoicing, capital loans, and POS solutions.

Pros

Simple setup. Easy to use. Free card reader. Instant deposit.

Cons

The processing fee isn't the cheapest, but it's not unreasonable.

EJFK designs reviews Square

Overall experience has been very easy going. I haven’t really had any issues with the software not working or anything like that. It’s been very easy to navigate and use overall.

Pros

I like this software because you can be on the go, at random places that don’t accept cards, but now with this app you can accept debit/credit cards anywhere on the go even! Just a swipe of the card after you plug the device into your phone/tablet and you are ready to go to make purchases! The set up is very user friendly and makes this a piece of Cake for beginners to use if you’re just beginning in sales or business

Cons

I like least about this software is probably the times when I wouldn’t get notifications or emails sent to me that a purchase was made with the app online. It made it confusing and difficult for the buyer to even know if the purchase went through in case a product was low in stock or not available. That’s the only issue I’ve ever had.

We use Square at every financial function and event

Have used it at pretty much every author event in the past few years and each time has been the perfect tool.

Pros

Really, the ease of use is a huge draw for Square. I love the ability to send or print customer receipts on the spot. It gives our events an added layer of professionality.

Cons

There are some setup hoops that need to be jumped through, but really it isn't anything too challenging. It's well worth the time.

Simple to get started but better options available

I mainly use plooto for my recurring payments because of the lower cost but sometimes customers are willing to pay the extra cost to cover to the processing fee in order to use their credit card. Overall it works well for me but it's not always easy to set things up.

Pros

I like that you can quickly get started by getting a free card reader for you phone or by using the online terminal.

Cons

Setting up reccuring payments is my main use for square. Unfortunately setting up reccuring payments is not as simple as I think it should be.

Great value

Overall I give them a 10. I’ve never had a problem with getting paid. I live the square card I’ve been using.

Pros

I travel a lot and I can use the processing daily - most of the time It’s not at my store. I use it on my iPhone, iPad, and use it through my website. It was super easy to connect to my website.

Cons

I needed to change my name ( last name) and they would not let me. So now the name does not match any of my other documents. This doesn’t make sense but they say there was nothing they could do.

Square Payments Review

I have been using square for over 5 years, and set it up while I was working at a cash/cheque only place. It increased sales a lot. The over head cost was about $2.00 per $80.00 transaction (ish). They've come a long way since then, having now a nice payment processing machine at an affordable price. No contracts, no monthly payments, no obligations.

Pros

-Required hardware for use can be completely free (depending on how fancy you want to go) and can just hook up to your apple or android device. No extra money down needed to start up with Square. -There are no monthly or yearly fees, so if you decide to take a vacation or only work during seasonal, there are no added fees, just fees per payment -Fees are super reasonable, 10c for debit cards, and 2.6% on credit cards

Cons

-I wish it had the ability to take SOAP notes along with the scheduling feature that it offers you (all completely optional) -Otherwise as a payment option for clients, I have no complaints.

A GAME CHANGER

WITH SQUARE I HAVE SAVED OVER 800.00 A YEAR EASY, THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES AND THE MONEY IS TRANSFERRED FAST INTO MY ACCOUNT

Pros

FIRST AND FOREMOST, IT SAVES YOU MONEY, SECOND IT IS SO EASY TO USE IT IS DUMMY PROOF. JUST DONT PLUG IN THE WRONG SALE PRICE. EASY TO DOWNLOAD THE APP ON YOUR DEVICES AND TO USE EITHER THE LITTLE SQUARE OR THE BLUETOOTH ATTACHMENT TO RUN THE CARD CHIP. BUT AGAIN MOSTLY WAY CHEAPER THAN THE BANKS OPTION

Cons

NOT THAT IT IS AN ISSUE I EXPERIANCE MUCH, BUT SQUARE DOES CHARGE A DIFFERENT PERCENTAGE FROM RUNNING THE CREDIT CARD AND TYPING IN THE CREDIT CARD, IT HAS ONLY HAPPENED TWICE WHERE THE SQUARE WOULD NOT RUN THE CARD TO I HAD TO TYPE IT IN AND I WAS CHARGED A LITTLE MORE, BUT STILL WAY CHEAPER THAN THE BANK SYSTEM

Good option for small business

Was able to easily add additional card readers as our company and needs grew. We can use multiple at the same time and goes to the same account.

Pros

The feature that is the best for our business is we are able to take the card ready anywhere we go to sell our family honey. If no internet is provided we can still connect via mobile hotspot with is amazing.

Cons

There really are not any features that we don't like. Square provides all of our business needs. My biggest complaint is not is the software but the transaction fees, I wish there were lower since we are a small business.

Functional and covers a wide number of payment types

When doing craft shows, credit card payments are considered "standard". I'd lose out on 90%+ of sales if cards were not accepted. One does need to adjust their product pricing to cover the service and CC fees.

Pros

Ease of use. Just a connected smart phone and the Square card readers. Purchasers intuitively seemed to know and trust the service.

Cons

Would not work with older phones (fault of the phone, would not allow OS update even though a working OS version was compatible.

Great payment processing and more

Pros

Love that I can also use Square for setting appointments and sending invoices

Cons

The only con is that often my Friday sales take a few days to go in my account, minor issue

Business Life Saver

For starters, Square is cheaper than traditional credit card machine saving a lot of money. I love that I can use it on my cellphone, laptop and take a payment anywhere! It also allows receipts through, text, email and print. I especially love at how it tracks all my transactions and history, since I'm personally horrible at book keeping. You can send invoices, save customer card info for easy processing. I've even used Square Capital Loans to help purchase inventory.

Pros

Easy. And can be used anywhere. Cellphone and computer. Money is received next day. Automated email transactions. And cheaper than traditional card swipe machines

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any. I've never had any issues with the software.

Decent and affordable

Overall, decent. Fees are minimal and it is cheap.

Pros

Easy to use, affordable. Has all the information I need in analytics

Cons

The readers are unreliable and frequently do not work. Customer service is a mixed bag.

MY FAVORITE WAY TO TAKE PAYMENTS

It has been nothing but great things. It's easy to use and it helps my customers pay their invoices quickly.

Pros

I love everything about the ease of use for Square Payments software. I have my square reader that easily connects to my phone and I can take payment in a flash. It has made it so easy for my customers to pay for their invoices, which is beneficial if we aren't in the same building.

Cons

Nothing. Maybe I wish they could lower the amount they charge for a credit card transaction hah but they have to make money somehow. Overall, I love this product.

Just what my business needed

Credit card payments are a must in the retail industry. My sales would not be anywhere close to what they are now without utilizing Square.

Pros

I love how easy Square is to use. All I have to do is type in how much I need to charge a customer and swipe. It doesn't get much simpler than that! Not to mention, they give you a free online store to sell your products. Win win!

Cons

I do wish that there was an option to see how many items were sold, in addition to total sales and transactions.

Super easy to use

We do not use this software very frequently, but when we do it is super easy to pick back up and use even after not using it for a while. Very user friendly and convenient. It even sends you a report at the end of the day of how many transactions and sales you had. Then at the end of the month it will also send you another similar report. Super glad we have it.

Pros

We run a retail store, and at times we have what we call "Side Walk Sales", which is essentially just a clearance of several items. This product is super easy to use when we are just punching an amount that a customer owes the business. All you have to do is enter the amount and have the customer insert their card.

Cons

With hour big our business is, there is no way to have this integrate its sales into our system to help keep track of inventory. For this reason we only use it for items we are clearance . Another CON is that it takes a bigger percentage of the sales from each transaction compared to using our other software system.

Great Payment Processor

I use Square as a payment processor for my small business. It has helped to streamline the taking of payments. The tools they provide with chip machines or swipers has also made being mobile much easier and lighter.

Pros

Square makes it so easy to take payments as a small business. The website and app are easy to navigate and easy to add items or services for purchase.

Cons

When I need an answer to a question, the first solution provided by Square is to go through a series of FAQs or read articles about the the issue. Sometimes I just need to send an email or make a phone call so that I can get back to work.

Square is the BEST way to accept credit cards!

Happy! Happy! Happy! I have always been able to accept a payment. We have never had to stop due to any kind of malfunction. This is the way to go!!

Pros

Ease of BOTH set up and use are fantastic! I love the portability of use AND how it can be as muck or as little of a register as you want. The program adapts perfectly! The fees are in range as well. I have never had a problem using Square.

Cons

Honestly, I really can't think of a con. We did just have to replace our stand after almost 3 years of use, but even with that, the price was still affordable!

Economical and Flexible Payment Processing

Pros

Fees/percentages are lower than most other payment processors. Equipment is minimal and inexpensive. No need to buy expensive processing equipment. Equipment is mobile, and works right with your smart phone or tablet, and with multiple devices. Payment is in my account the next day. Website has a variety of helpful reports to help you manage your income, and a store front feature with items and you can paste the link right on your website.

Cons

Nothing really. I like this software, and I've been using it for about 3 years.

super easy to use

Overall I highly recommend! There are other options out there, but with those come monthly fees just to be able to use the software (in addition to the percentage of sales). So I really appreciated the fact that there aren't any software fees with the Square swiper. And if you refer your friends, you get a certain amount of free processing fees!

Pros

I love that this was such an easy option for taking payments in my jewelry business. I could always have the card reader with me in my purse for convenience. If someone's card wouldn't run for some reason with the swiper, I could always type in their card information or send an invoice via email.

Cons

Sometimes I'd need to swipe someone's card more than once for it to read it, which could make my customers uncomfortable. But this wasn't the norm and very well could've been an issue with my particular card reader. There were never any double charges when I needed to do this thankfully!

Square is Great for Small Businesses

It has been wonderful, and we have solved payment issues in our office. We are a no cash office, so it adds another option for us to collect funds on behalf of our clients.

Pros

We are a property management company, and we do not take any cash into our office. Square allows us to provide payment options to our tenants, clients, and customers to give them several different options to pay their rent, or an invoice owed.

Cons

The fees can tend to get a little expensive if you are doing larger transactions. Other than that, the software is great.

Simple to use and Transparent pricing .

Pros

Flat 2.75% pricing on credit card processing. Our biggest pain point with other merchant processors was an extremely opaque process. At the end of the month, we would get a statement that was a dozen pages long and impossible to decipher. No matter what, we always ended up paying more than 2.75%. So, we save a lot of money and headache with square

Cons

The register system that accompanies square is not the most robust. It's great for basic restaurant/cafe use. Software can be a little slow at times. but overall, simple to use.