Square Payments Reviews - Page 7

1,511 reviews

super easy to use

Overall I highly recommend! There are other options out there, but with those come monthly fees just to be able to use the software (in addition to the percentage of sales). So I really appreciated the fact that there aren't any software fees with the Square swiper. And if you refer your friends, you get a certain amount of free processing fees!

Pros

I love that this was such an easy option for taking payments in my jewelry business. I could always have the card reader with me in my purse for convenience. If someone's card wouldn't run for some reason with the swiper, I could always type in their card information or send an invoice via email.

Cons

Sometimes I'd need to swipe someone's card more than once for it to read it, which could make my customers uncomfortable. But this wasn't the norm and very well could've been an issue with my particular card reader. There were never any double charges when I needed to do this thankfully!

Square is Great for Small Businesses

It has been wonderful, and we have solved payment issues in our office. We are a no cash office, so it adds another option for us to collect funds on behalf of our clients.

Pros

We are a property management company, and we do not take any cash into our office. Square allows us to provide payment options to our tenants, clients, and customers to give them several different options to pay their rent, or an invoice owed.

Cons

The fees can tend to get a little expensive if you are doing larger transactions. Other than that, the software is great.

Simple to use and Transparent pricing .

Pros

Flat 2.75% pricing on credit card processing. Our biggest pain point with other merchant processors was an extremely opaque process. At the end of the month, we would get a statement that was a dozen pages long and impossible to decipher. No matter what, we always ended up paying more than 2.75%. So, we save a lot of money and headache with square

Cons

The register system that accompanies square is not the most robust. It's great for basic restaurant/cafe use. Software can be a little slow at times. but overall, simple to use.

Getting Payements becomes easier and secure with Square payments

We use to get paid with help of square payments ,we have a clothing brand also, in which we sell T-shirts using square payments was really nice as we are getting paid quicker and secured. so i will definitely recommend using square payments.

Pros

The best advantage of using square is we can get in person payments and online payments with one solution and their customer feedback is really good. we can integrate it with various ecommerce platforms like woo commerce integration. faster payment processing and secure payments with complete fraud protection.

Cons

the swipe rates are higher and some time the pos device cause some issues but apart from that haven't had any complaint. square payments is amazing.

Wonderful product

Our overall experience was great, but we ultimately decided to process payments with intuit quickbooks to better sync with our records.

Pros

This product easily integrates with our quickbooks and makes taking payments on the road very quick and easy.

Cons

I do not like not having a wireless reader and it did require frequent charging. Sometimes transactions were difficult to sync with our software.

Great payment processor

I used Square Payments Processing as part of a professional development organization who took payments for luncheons and awards entries at the door of events. The square reader was easy to plug into the phone and use and simply hooked into our bank account to collect the funds. It was a great way to allow our members to not have to remember cash for events.

Pros

The plug and play functionality of the payment processor that connected to our phone and was linked to our bank account was instrumental in keeping a professional development organization I was a part of up and running smoothly.

Cons

While the plug and play functionality was simple to use, occasionally the reader would not work with a designated phone used only for that purpose and someone would have to download the app onto their own phone to get the product to work. This always happened at the most inopportune times when we had a line of people waiting to use it and it would take a little finagling to get the software set up correctly to take payments. As long as you plan in advance it's great, but know that sometimes glitches happen that can take time to fix.

Square Review

I enjoy using square and the convenience it allows for myself and customers. Not many people carry cash anymore so using square gives them the freedoms of using cash or card at time of payment. Perfect for a small business or a business just starting out such as a hair dresser or boutique.

Pros

I really like the ease of using square. Just swipe a customers card and it’s done. Simple, quick, and easy. I can just hook it straight up to my phone anywhere and allow someone to make a payment. Also send invoices and receipt right to customers emails. Square payment is very convenient and easy to use!

Cons

The only down fall is that there is a processing fee. Usually it’s not more than .10 cents to a $1, so for the convenience it doesn’t seem terrible.

The best.

My experience has been great. It’s so easy to use and it helps keep my business looking professional.

Pros

Square is so easy to use and I love how it just charges per transaction with no monthly fee. That is helpful because as a business owner I never know when I will be making money and there could be months when I’m not. So it’s good to know I won’t be charged monthly for not using the system.

Cons

I don’t think I can think of any cons. It’s very easy to use and I think everything on there is pretty reasonable.

Square makes it easy to get paid!

I've been using Square for years to invoice clients and it's very easy to create and track invoices. Clients say it's easy to pay online. When clients pay with a check, it's simple for me to record the payment. I like that i can split payments, take deposits, and schedule invoices.

Pros

I love that Square makes it easy for me to create and track invoices, and easy for my clients to pay me.

Cons

I'm excited that Square has started offering contracts, but haven't used it yet because it's too restrictive. I'd love it if I could upload my own contract documents.

Square Payments Great for Receiving Payment Anywhere

Our overall experience with Square Payments has been overwhelmingly positive. Our customers appreciate the ease and convenience of swiping their credit card vs paying in cash or worse, writing a check.

Pros

What we liked most about the software was giving our customers the ability to pay for their purchase with a credit card. In fact, once they learned that credit card payments were accepted, most of our patrons used the Square Payments method.

Cons

As with any device that relies on WiFi or Cellular data - it doesn't work when in some locations because of lack of signal strength or no signal at all.

Square payments processing

If you need to access your money faster you have that option. And sometimes you need to rush situations. But overall wonderful sustem. And will continue to use.

Pros

I love how simple it tis software is to use. You can easily have this set up and ready to except. For the security square offers is priceless. They don't play , Out if years working with this system. They have done nothing but improve this entire process.

Cons

Only thing I can say is I purchased a card chip reader and never received it. However I know they will.correct the issue

Best alternative out there

We use it to send everyday Invoices, their ability to split payments and ask for deposits are definitely a must in our industry.

Pros

It does everything that we need, it has a great website, great platform to create invoices and really good features for end of the year reports.

Cons

I think their fees are too expensive, they charge not only a percentage per transaction but also an additional fee.

Square for the win (for the most part)

I've used them for years and love that it is extra option for my customers.

Pros

A great payment processor as a way to add the extra option for your customers (choice is everything)!

Cons

I find it sometimes hard to figure out how to use, particularly when setting up a recurring monthly invoice.

Square is a must for small businesses

Overall, Square has allowed me to get in on the street fair scene without having to spend a fortune. Square's cost is very reasonable for this great service.

Pros

Square allows me to accept credit card payments from customers no matter where I am. There are a lot of sales I would have lost out on if I couldn't process credit cards at street fairs and vendor events, but Square allows me secure processing that people trust.

Cons

Spotty wireless can be a problem with using Square. It would be nice if there was an option to swipe a card and capture the information for future processing when wireless is connected again. There may be privacy issues with that, but if there was some sort of manual option, it'd be great so customers didn't have to wait around while vendors fiddle with wifi and vendors could feel safe that they're still getting paid for stored credit transactions once they're connected again.

Super User Friendly!

Pros

I love how easy it is to track sales by an employee or by category. Makes it simple to run the numbers at the end of each week. I also enjoy how quickly I was able to set the whole thing up. Could NOT be easier to add new employees!

Cons

I wish that it was integrated with ClinicSense; my scheduling software. I also wish that I did not have to pay extra for every additional service. For example, employee tracking and the loyalty program are great but I am a small business and these extra fees add up.

Easy way to process payments

I am able to process payments faster and it may not have provided me with more clients, but it definitely allows me to focus on others aspects of my business and as a result, it has given me more clients.

Pros

I like how seamless it is to process payments. It's very fast and I notifications for every thing that has to deal with square payments.

Cons

I'd definitely want the money to be transferred to my account and from(in regards to refunds) a lot quicker than they process things now. But overall, this is a very small con.

Reliable payment processing with many options

Excellent payment processing system that also offers invoicing and various reports. Highly useful for a mobile or internet-based business.

Pros

This is a reliable, flexible and constantly evolving payment processing platform. It was really one of the first to offer a simple priced credit card processing for mobile and internet-based business, and well remains a leader in the field.

Cons

The charges for manually entering credit cards are higher than those for physical card reading; at this day and age, there should be no difference.

Great POS, definitely take a look

Pros

Square did an amazing job in creating a POS system that is easy to use internally as well as for customers. Their UX is simple and clean. They allow you to customize the views that clients can see and do a good job on allowing data out of their system to be consumed by the executive team.

Cons

The only problem I have is not about how much data they release to me, but how it is formatted. It is messy and difficult to sort through. I need a third party software to visualize the data for me.

Easy to operate

I absolutely love using SQUARE PAYMENTS PROCESSING lately . We started using it many years ago , but just recently we shifted all our payment processing to SQUARE. We also opted for instant deposits (for a small extra cost) and the payments are deposited to our banking account in the same day!

Pros

You can access from anywhere using your mobile phone , computer or Ipad . No need to have a credit card scanner

Cons

It lacks more clientele information , such as tax numbers and IDs affiliates companies. It has crashed a few times (briefly)

More than just collecting payments

It helps us collect payments and track valuable data. Big step up from our old cash register. I would recommend it.

Pros

Square came with an app that creates a point of sale system where our list of items for sale are added to a client's bill with the touch on the screen.

Cons

I think the percentage collected on transactions is high for smaller operations with a brick and mortar structure like ours. It seems acceptable for operations with low overhead costs (online businesses with minimal inventory).

It's been much-copied, but Square holds up well.

A great solution for a small company, a trade-show seller, or anybody with difficulty getting a merchant account.

Pros

I was an early adopter and my use case was a little different. I was selling expensive software from a foreign country and we didn't have a Merchant Account because the owner lived abroad and I didn't want to underwrite the operation. Bingo! Square to the rescue! With their model of holding a portion of the revenue until the transaction cleared it eases their risk and makes my life a LOT easier. Instead of 30-60 days' delay for PO's, etc. I could sell immediately and have about 80% of the cash next day... and the rest far sooner than the PO route anyway. Game changer for people in my situation.

Cons

A little limited in problem solving. Whenever a transaction was rejected it was difficult to find out why or troubleshoot things.

Awesome for companies that deal with as needed transactions

Square is amazing because you can create invoices for any items/amounts or you can set up reoccurring payments.

Pros

I love the fact that you can process payments on an as needed basis and you'll know what the processing fees are.

Cons

The fees seem a little high in my opinion however I understand that processing fees will be charged regardless or who is used to process and the businesses that don't meet the monthly $ minimum will have difficulty finding a company interested in dealing with them.

Square was a game changer for me!

Pros

This credit card processing service is so portable and convenient. As a solo practitioner, Square is a cost effective service that saves me time and makes my business run that much more smoothly. In addition, I'm able to sell gift certificates and gift cards online. A great bonus feature!

Cons

The Square chip reader could use some improvement. My first few failed within a year. Square covered them under warranty, but it was a hassle when they failed.

Square Payments means organized finances

overall, I love square payment processing and would recommend this to everyone and anyone that owns a business

Pros

I love using square payment processing because of the fact that it keeps all my financial payments in order and create invoices and take payments anywhere that I am at as well as making sure that things are categorized in a proper manner

Cons

I haven't found on thing that I don't like except for the fact that maybe instant transfers could be a little be easier to use

Great for small business

Have never had a problem with Square. I love the software, the inventory controls, payments, invoices etc. I actually use it for two very difference businesses and it works great for both.

Pros

What we like is the ease of use and the convenience of using our phones to conduct everyday business. We don’t need a set POS station to take a payment or make an invoice

Cons

The mobile app does not have all functions and reports that the desktop software has. That would be more helpful to have available.