Squarespace Reviews - Page 100

2,515 reviews

Intuitive Website Management/ Build

Overall positive- would recommend this platform for bloggers, small businesses, and first time website design.

Pros

Great for small businesses and those less technologically experienced, drag and drop features are great.

Cons

There’s a clear branding “look” that makes it obvious that your website is a Squarespace site.

Best Website Builder EVER

overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

Pros

How easy it is to use. I first started out with wordpress, godaddy and shopify and that was beyond me. Someone recommended squarespace to me and I was able to rollout my ideas almost instantaneously. thank you!

Cons

I sold my computer so I’d love if the mobile app had all of the same features available as the website but I understand it takes time.

My Review of Squarespace

My overall experience with Squarespace is not much good and I am using an alternative platform now.

Pros

I like that Squarespace has a mobile application that allows me to control and manage my website at any time anywhere quickly. Also, I love that I can import high image resolution to show it on my website without affecting the quality of the image. I can literally customize anything like headers.

Cons

The subscription is quite expensive compared to other competitors without any security services offered by Squarespace. It is a little bit difficult to get used to Squarespace as it needs some expertise. Also, Squarespace needs some improvements regarding the e-commerce side.

Easy to use website builder with a professional set of Features

Overall I'm very happy that I switched from a manual-driven wordpress Website/Shop to fully intergrated Squarespace. Have no worries about hosting, Updating wordpress and woocommerce and the site is working properly!

Pros

Most of selfemployed people running their own business are looking for an easy going solution to create a new website. Sure, wordpress just needs a hosting-space, a template and everything is fine... but with squarespace you can skip all the technical-hosting-Stuff and start with the websitbuilder and a template you like for your business. You can use 14days of trial and set up a website. If you like it, pay for the priceplan you need (with oder without a shop-solution) and everything is fine.

Cons

If you really want to customize the Design and some details in your template you have to start writing in the SS forums. Most of the time, you get a quick answer. But sometimes it's a bit of try&error until it is working like you wanted to change details in your website template.

The intersection of web pages and e-commerce

Pros

I think the design capabilities of Squarespace rival Weebly and Shopify, but its use cases are more broad. I'd never use Shopify for a static landing page or contact form, and Weebly wouldn't be my first choice for an online store. Squarespace, however, offers ease of use, design freedom, reasonably low cost, and the flexibility of being great at doing both!

Cons

I didn't like how you have to pay just to send your second email marketing campaign or after so many emails you sent out. I think that should be a free feature up until a certain amount of emails are on the list. (Something like 1,000 or 5,000)... You won't make any money email marketing on the free Squarespace emails. Perhaps Shopify would be a better choice if email marketing is a massive perk for you. (If you're going for an online store)

Great but a bit pricey

Overall, I designed a great blog for my books.

Pros

It has the best templates I have seen among its competitors. Here you can create the most beautiful blog. I find with basic knowledge it can be used by most. It has a user-friendly interface. An active forum is there for any questions and support.

Cons

There is no free plan and it is a bit more pricey than others that offer similar products.

Squarespace is the best website builder for non technical users

Fantastic. Their support was incredible and FAST.

Pros

So easy to use. The templates were professional, editable and had depth. I was able to connect my own domain from GoDaddy and it worked seamlessly.

Cons

Someone who wants more customizability might go for something like Webflow.

Squarespace is amazing!

Love it!

Pros

The simplicity and reliability of it. It's way better then the competition

Cons

Nothing bad to say about it. It is really great on every point

Not the best

Overall I do not recommend. I changed to Shopify because it’s easy to use. Also I find their customer service friendly and helpful.

Pros

I liked that they had a variety of website layouts and a lot of ways to customize your website. But I did find it overwhelming to a point. When there’s too much information it gets muddled without clear instructions to complete the processes.

Cons

Where do I start? I don’t like how clunky going into each section is. The interface is not user friendly and jumbled. It takes way too long to set up everything. Even uploading each item is a tedious process and cryptic. The user manual videos are not helpful and I had to hire an expert to help me.

For Any Non-Techie Business Owner's - Squarespace is Your Best Bet!

Pros

Since starting my online business, I have used Squarespace as my website design software. The website houses not just my personal story and branding, but also lists my services, has an inquiry form that is linked to my business email, and also archives all my podcast show notes with it's Blog Feature. Squarespace has been easy to use as a non-tech savvy business owner, they have many website templates to build from and have directory tabs to guide you through all the elements of your webpage. I also use Acuity Scheduling with Squarespace, which allows potential clients to book sales consults or collaboration calls within my hours of operation. This software has been a business essential since day one!

Cons

As far as the design of the website templates, I did wish that there was a function to manually drag borders and sections bigger or smaller with my mouse cursor. I also wanted this feature with uploaded images, where sometimes the image uploaded bigger than I wanted.

Great for Freelance Web Designers!

Making bold and impactful websites is incredibly achievable through Squarespace. Squarespace in general feels uncluttered, approachable, and non-intimidating to use. I also appreciate how Squarespace includes the fundamental tools of a business. However, this may be too basic if you need a more robust system. Many integrations can help with more functionality but may come at an additional cost, may not match the branding of your website, and too many extensions can be overwhelming to keep track of.

Pros

As a designer and developer, I enjoy designing on Squarespace because of its minimalistic and simple aesthetic. The menu is easy to navigate, and the editor is intuitive. Their new fluid editor update makes it easier than ever to create unique designs. It's fun to play and experiment with code blocks using the custom code feature. I like how CSS changes are live as you're typing. Squarespace also has a great community in its forums. The forum has many people who are always willing to help with anything. Client handoff is especially easy. After the design is finished, the client can manage and update their website without needing web development experience.

Cons

Because of how simple and basic Squarespace is, some features can be limiting. Email Marketing might be the biggest drawback. The extra cost for email marketing is not worth it compared to other platforms that offer most of the features for free. Selling digital products also has limited options. Third-party plugins and extensions can help with extra functionality, but too many can be overwhelming. Custom designing can be challenging because you need extra tools and willpower to target certain elements.

Beautiful websites!

Pros

Before switching from Wordpress to something more contemporary, I thoroughly researched the offerings, and a lot of website-building platforms seemed to have little difference between them. But I trialed most of market leaders every since, and I can surely say, squarespace websites are the prettiest. For businesses that rely heavily on the visual element of their marketing, that is super important. And the recent update (the possibility to overlap blocks and place them anywhere on the grid, regardless of the page structure) is an absolute game-changer, and I am totally in love.

Cons

The only thing that I am not entirely satisfied is how Squarespace approaches multi-language websites - I had to turn to a third-party plugin. It is not a deal breaker for me, but it was just strange not to offer this in the first place.

Great for Basics, not so great for customization

Overall, it's a great quality jumping off point for anyone new to the ecommerce game. If you have some experience with web design, you would probably enjoy building your own site a lot more than trying to fit yourself or your business into one of the proverbial "boxes" that Squarespace has to offer it's clients. If you're just trying to break into the market and are looking for an easy to use and manage, basic solution - this will work great!

Pros

I really liked how easy this was to use and get setup, considering I have ZERO web design or IT experience. It was really user friendly, has lots of guides to help you get started. Lots of modern designs that can fit a lot traditional/regular business streams. The customer management features are EXCELLENT - especially if you use a Square POS system in your shop. I really love that I can run analytics on any particular customer, plus you can use the info across Square platforms. Really great ecommerce software if your needs are basic.

Cons

The ability to customize to your business could use a lot of improvement. You can customize to an extent - it generally requires you to have any and all imagery, content and designs done and simply uploaded to the site. This is a daunting task if you have never done anything like this before - I tried and it didn't go well. None of the themes really "matched" or worked well with our business and how we wished to incorporate ecommerce into our business.

Squarespace: the platform that empowers creatives

I use Squarespace to showcase my work and tell my story to potential clients, and allow them to book in a call with me. It's an essential part of my client acquisition process.

Pros

Squarespace has made my career possible. It allowed me to build the portfolio that landed my first full-time graphic design job, and is now the platform I use to showcase my work and win freelance clients. Its balance of simplicity and customisability empowers me as a designer to build a website that represents me and my small design business in the best light possible.

Cons

I will admit I've had to rely quite heavily on custom CSS to get my site looking the way I'd like — this wouldn't be much of a problem if it weren't for the poor CSS coding experience. Squarespace only gives me a very small window to type in, and it's very difficult to navigate the 400 lines or so of code I've written. There is also an abundance of unused code (Javascript) that gets loaded into my...

User of Squarespace for 9+ years - Loyal customer to a fantastic product

My overall experience has been outstanding. I will continue to use the product despite the cost. It is well worth the amount of visits I routinely get on the site where I know the viewers will have a smooth experiencing navigating the site. It just works!

Pros

When it comes down to it, I'm convinced that Squarespace is the BEST option for portfolio websites short of hiring a designer which would cost significantly more for something better quality than what Squarespace has to offer. Beyond that, it's easy to customize, is a beautiful frame for portfolio work that makes the work itself look better and ultimately gives me credibility as a professional since...

Cons

There are some limitations if you're very design focused like I am since the templates can only do what they were created to do which means that simple things like changing margins may not be as simple as you'd hope. There are lots of tools the "style editor" but sometimes it doesn't' cover all the bases. I've had to code things in when that was the case for things that I feel should be pretty easy...

Squarespace Review - The All-In-One Platform to Build a Beautiful Online Presence

Squarespace is a fantastic all-in-one platform that makes it easy for you to build an amazing looking website in no time. The templates are clean and minimalistic and give you plenty of room to showcase your content, create a stunning online store, or place some great photography in there. You get access to powerful tools like commerce, site management, analytics and more! There is also a ton of training on how to use Squarespace, so getting started couldn’t be easier. It’s free for 14 days so give it a try today!

Pros

Are you ready to launch your online presence, but aren’t sure where to start? Squarespace offers an all-in-one platform that allows you to create a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio without the hassle of building everything from scratch. You can literally have everything up and running in less than an hour! Squarespace is an online platform where you can build your own website. There are...

Cons

Squarespace is great for small and large businesses alike. They give you a host of free tools that allow you to create an amazing website or online store. What I loved about Squarespace was how easy it was to create my own web design, their advanced SEO features, and most importantly, their customer service has been top-notch! But if I had to find something negative, it would be that they are not made for large companies that may need more personalized or advanced features than Squarespace currently offers.

Easy to Use But Often Limited

I had to launch a website—with scheduling and services—in a day, and Squarespace did not disappoint. I was able to do this quickly and easily, with little reference to the user guide. When it came time to launch my own site, I carefully researched and compared Squarespace to other all-in-one solutions, and it came out on top. Most other solutions required more work to build, and it was easy to "break"...

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is that you can launch a simple website in a few hours; grab a template, tweak to taste, and go. The competitors still tend to need direct coding to make them look good, but not with Squarespace. The templates are tasteful and generally easy to edit, plus there is a rich backend with tons of analytical tools and e-commerce features for when you're ready to sell. The website editor is truly WYSIWG (What You See Is What You Get) and adding sections is as easy as a click.

Cons

Squarespace's templates look nice, but there are surprisingly few of them. I've built several sites with Squarespace, but I always grab the same podcasting template because everything else it way too specific: restaurant! Vlogger! Fashion! But precious little for general-purpose sites, with a minuscule selection for a company that's been at this for over 10 years. The WYSIWG editor can be extremely annoying as well, constantly digging into to floating menus just to make simple edits, and it's unclear where things reside sometimes. It's hard to escape the feeling that there has to be a better way. But it is still easy to use.

Simple doesn't mean low quality

My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs. I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Pros

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features. A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Cons

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple. And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

Tra le migliori piattaforme per la creazione di siti drag&drop

Pros

Velocità: è veloce, punto. I server sono rapidi e caricano le pagine in un lampo. Responsività: che sia desktop o che sia mobile i siti vengono sempre visualizzati correttamente grazie ai template già pronti e 100% responsive. Completezza dell'offerta: il piano base da 11€/mese è già di per sé eccellente per chi non ha dimestichezza con html/css o semplicemente non ha voglia di mettersi a installare...

Cons

Il lato oscuro di Squarespace (e di Wix e altri editor drag&drop tutto in uno): se crei un sito su Squarespace, rimane su Squarespace. Non puoi esportarlo, non puoi farne un backup offline. Puoi solo gestirlo e continuare a modificarlo dalla loro interfaccia proprietaria, quindi se un domani decidi di non voler più pagare un abbonamento fisso mensile ma vuoi spostare sito + servizi su un hosting dedicato con un prezzo una tantum annuale e pagare un professionista per fartelo gestire... devi rifarlo da zero. È punto cruciale di cui tener conto nel momento in cui si è ancora nella fase di selezione iniziale: hosting dedicato/condiviso o una piattaforma tutto in uno in abbonamento?

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Clean, simple start-up but not the smoothest system.

I use Squarespace primarily for blogging and building a brand. It is not optimal for writing, editing and photos, but it makes for a great, clean website with many options with electronic forms, pull down menus and features. Overall, it's a great product, but still very clunky and unsteady.

Pros

It is easy for a non-expert like me to build a blog, navigate a website and make quick edits. Squarespace stands out above the rest in simplicity with drag and drop features. It does a good job with electronic forms to make a way for more to opt in and covers all the bases on what you need for a website. They offer great analytics!

Cons

The software is very clunky. I tend to use it on my MacBook, but have learned to write content somewhere safer than putting it straight into website. It has crashed so many times, and adding pictures often takes a very long time. The iOS apps seem to work better but that's not optimal for my work. I've also struggled some with text editing and formatting. The process isn't smooth.

Value and Simplicity, Meet Beauty!

I have now built over 10 full websites using Squarespace and each one continues to grow my knowledge and stretch my ability. As I aforementioned, you don’t need to be a pro, but if you are, designing an incredible, impactful and don’t miss this, mobile friendly website is simple and easy.

Pros

The best thing about Squarespace is the ability to create gorgeous websites with little to zero experience. You don’t need to be an HTML wizard, but if you happen to be, you can still take full advantage of everything Squarespace has to offer.

Cons

Honestly, it’s hard to say one. For the mid level prosumer, I haven’t found a single better option.

Best in class product by far for several years now

I teach classes on digital marketing and entrepreneurship and ask my students to build a website without coding within a week that looks professional and generate sales from their website. SquareSpace has always helped them build a best in class product. The website we have built quickly to get our companies started have resonated well with investors and everyone always compliments the look and feel of our sites.

Pros

I have used SquareSpace for over 5 years now, using the platform to build a minimum viable product before scaling to custom built websites, to putting up new websites that look extremely professional very quickly. Everyone who looks at the websites are impressed with how they look, not knowing it only took a few minutes to build. They continue to add functionality over the years. They have a great dedication to customer service as well that responds quickly.

Cons

Moving some objects around was not always as intuitive as I thought they could be. If there are a tremendous amounts of data on a screen it may be slower to edit than it always was. Very minor bugs discovered on rare occasions. Just nitpicking, wonderful product.

A Novice Can Do It

I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

Pros

For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Cons

I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

Delivers Quality and Most of the Functions You'll Ever Need

Squarespace works great for me, and the clients I've built sites for on it. It does everything that I have needed it to, and have been able to implement HTML/CSS elements when I absolutely needed to (pretty much on a novice when it comes to code). Whenever I show someone a site I've built, they are usually impressed, even though I'm mostly building on top of the work by the template designers.

Pros

Squarespace has great templates and an easy to use, drag and drop builder. You don't need any technical or true design skills to create a solid website. The high quality templates, with predetermined styling, ensure that even a simple website looks clean and elegant. It's also easy to implement your SEO titles and tags, connect email marketing services, add Google Adsense and other plugins. The price seems pretty good for all that, though maybe slightly more expensive than other CMS options.

Cons

The main drawback I've had is that Squarespace isn't as customizable as other CMS options, like Wix or Weebly. Sometimes I just want to move a simple element over slightly, yet this often isn't possible within the block format used by Squarespace. The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells). Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

Pros

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup. I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

Cons

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and...