Squarespace Reviews - Page 2

2,482 reviews

Squarespace Makes My Web Presence Easy to Manage

I have enjoyed building websites with Squarespace because it allows me to get online quickly and then deploy additional components as I work through the logistics. The versatility Squarespace offers beats the competition. I have. used Squarespace for Airbnb locations, boat rentals, laser cutting and more.

Pros

Squarespace makes deploying your web presence super easy while also looking professional. I love the versatility Squarespace provides. You can customize so many aspects of your workflow, marketing, customer interactions, orders and more. It is robust enough to grow with you as you grow your business.

Cons

You most definitely need to upgrade to a business account to really leverage the functionality Squarespace offers. The basic service is not much more than a static 1 page site.

The best way to advertise your business!

I had used another website maker when I first started my company but I’m so glad I found Squarespace! The program over all is amazing. You’re able to design your website with whatever pictures, graphics, fonts & colors you like. You can personalize the website to your consumers liking and you’re able to get feedback from the customers in real time. I’m not tech savvy at all and this program made me feel like I had been designing websites my entire life! If you’re a business owner, there’s no need to pay someone to design a website with technology like Squarespace. Plus, for the price you’d be crazy to go anywhere else!

Pros

Ease of use, free trial, monthly price after free trial, the ability to make changes whenever you want, the options to chose from as far as color, graphics, fonts etc. and just the overall ease of use.

Cons

The only thing I can semi complain about was getting used to the software and how to work the program in the beginning!

My favorite website builder of all

It's my favorite website builder of them all. It's harder to customize than the traditional web site and the price is a little higher than some other options. However, you can do a lot more with it than other builders allow. There's even some moving themes that I love. Once you get your bearings you can understand how to use it and really see everything they have to offer. You pay a bit more but you get your money's worth. You're also able to create a custom domain for an additional 20 dollars a year which is a great deal to me.

Pros

You get your money's worth. There's more options than any other website builder. You're able to create a custom domain for a great price.

Cons

It can be harder to work through when customizing your site. You have to pay a bit more than some other builder site options out there.

Excellent design templates

This software is really useful because thanks to the fact that it provides the best tools for the design of sites or pages it is much simpler to do this process without having to do it from scratch, besides the pages designed with it can have a great commercial growth thanks to they can position themselves in a much simpler way, which is why it is the ideal tool to grow and make known any type of business.

Pros

I really like this platform based on the design of pages or websites because it provides templates that adapt automatically to devices, but also offer a very modern and attractive design so designing web pages with them give a unique touch and very visually attractive, it also has an extremely elegant interface that can be navigated to visualize the progress of what has been done without having to...

Cons

One of the things that I do not like and I think they could improve is that it would be great to choose elements to attach on the page can be done through a bar that is displayed to the side because that way it would be much simpler to work and Do not get disoriented with what you do.

A beautiful platform with excellent support

I began using Squarespace for my personal development blog and later built a second site to host our podcast and online courses. I have also built several sites for friends and colleagues including a yoga studio, a nursery, an independent publishing house, and a community choir. I find Squarespace intuitive and easy to use with good analytics. I recently upgraded my sites from version 5 to 7 and I’m very happy with the look and feel of Squarespace 7. Highly recommended.

Pros

The beautiful, clean look of Squarespace and ease of customising design. Scalability for display on mobile devices. Excellent customer support which is consistently prompt in response time, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I’ve been using Squarespace for 9 years through various versions and I’m happy to continue doing so.

Best Out There

I love having a Squarespace website. I was able to find templates that I loved and share it easily, not having to worry about whether or not the website would crash or the server would go out.

Pros

The ease of use of Squarespace is the best out there. The drag and drop software, easy to follow backend and capabilities make this the perfect platform for anyone wanting to create a website, no matter what their background is. If you know how to work a computer, you can create a beautifully designed Squarespace website.

Cons

The only con of the platform is switching templates. I liked to change up my website template every year or two, but I couldn't just change the template and have the content populate, I had to create a brand new website in the back end and make it live. It just made the process a little frustrating and time-consuming.

Squarespace review

Squarespace is easy to use and easy to connect DNS settings, It generally takes 24 hours for a site to go live after the DNS settings have been connected. The templates are beautiful, you can choose anyone and upgrade to either personal or business, I suggest business. The trial is 14 days but that is usually enough time to create a site since you are usually just replacing images and text.

Pros

Squarespace is amazing if you are not familiar with code, it has a drop-and-drag function and many visually appealing functions, You can also add additional things like promotional popups (which is your subscriber block that pops up when you open a site), Facebook pixel, google analytics, connect MailChimp to collect a database and ad words. With Squarespace your images won't be converted to low res, you can also add videos but these videos have to be connected via a third party such as youtube or a video service. The best thing about Squarespace is their customer service, their live chats. These experts help you with your issue and if they can't help you with the solution you were hoping for, they suggest alternative methods. SEO is amazing.

Cons

The business package is expensive and if you don't have a business package you can't use a mobile info bar, place a Facebook pixel on the backend of your site and you also can't use Mail chimp to collect a database or a subscriber list. The e-commerce site is not available in rands yet. You also can't have an except dropdown on a page, this is a problem is you have long text and want a "read more" option. You can use anchor points but only if you are paying for a business plan. You also can't have a video on a banner if you are viewing in on mobile.

Great for Start-Ups!

I started a side-business with a partner and this was the best website service for our needs. The cost was great for what we needed and provided us with a customer-friendly website.

Pros

The ability to customize and make an attractive website is very easy for those who have basic knowledge of websites. There is also quite a bit of information online available to help you to customize and get the basic website you are looking for. You do not need to know html to really customize your site.

Cons

If you do not know anything about websites then this software will not necessarily help you, you need someone who is willing to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the software.

Clean, Modern, User-Friendly Web Design

My clients have had no complaints! It is a very reliable program.

Pros

I love that Squarespace is both user-friendly and customizable at the same time. As an independent web designer, it's nice to have the option to use coding to customize my work, while knowing that my clients will be able to access basic functionality as well. I also love Squarespace's templates – every template, no matter which style, has a very clean and modern look. Even the newest web designer can create something sophisticated with the help of the many templates.

Cons

Some templates have differing customizable elements (ie, some things that are customizable on one template are not on another). They do have style guides that list the functionality of all the templates, but I do wish there was an easier way to differentiate between the options (maybe a template comparison tool?).

Beautiful website in no time

Because this part of my job is largely volunteer, it is nice to have a product that is so user-friendly and still produces a beautiful site that people can engage with.

Pros

I am not a programmer and yet I was able to create and manage a beautiful website for our church. I love that that templates just work and I can easily customize it to include everything we want and need without having to go through a third party. The app is so helpful for quick edits on my phone when I'm out of the office.

Cons

Would like to be able to have announcement banners on the front page without paying more. It's difficult to highlight an event or create urgency with the current set up.

A one-of-a-kind solution for web design that fosters innovation and creativity.

Squarespace has made it possible for us to conveniently establish and administer our own website on the Internet, as well as to showcase products on it and contact and chat with clients in real time.

Pros

With its excellent design, Squarespace enables all interested individuals and businesses to construct their own online platforms or sites, especially beginners. Because it gives various ready-made templates that help invention and originality, it allows you to achieve the most organization for the topics you want to communicate through your site. Squarespace's adaptable framework empowers users to confidently manage their sites and control all tools and settings. Squarespace makes it simple for anyone to build a website. To construct a visually appealing and professional internet portfolio, I had no prior knowledge. The more I use their software, the more confident I am in my ability to design a more complex portfolio. They make me feel in charge of my site, but I am not.

Cons

We had an issue while defining some web tags, as well as when formatting photographs and setting up pages in general, which we were able to resolve with the assistance of the support team. There aren't many negative things that can happen with users, save for misunderstandings.

Out of all the website hosts I have found Squarespace to have the best templates and interface.

A clean professional looking website with easy to modify templates. I've also never had my site go offline or become 'slow-loading' when trying to view. Server issues are virtually non-existent and that's important with a business website.

Pros

The templates are number 1 for what I like most about Squarespace. They are professionally designed in a way that is highly customizable and very clean looking. You can have a great looking website quickly and with customization you can make it look original. I started using Squarespace over 4 years ago and still haven't come across a better website builder and host. The interface for adding content...

Cons

Price. Unfortunately Squarespace has gone up in price over the years for monthly and annual plans. If the cost is within your budget then it's highly recommended.

Great website software

Square space has been great overall, I’m happy with the ease of use and overall customer service. I’ve had a few troubleshooting issues, but overall I’m happy with the price and ease of use for my customers as well.

Pros

Square space is very easy to use. I built my companies website on there and it look me less time it was going to take on some other sites. I am by no means web designer, but square space has thought of so much, that is simplifies a lot of steps for the user. They have a lot of great designs you can choose from and then customize yours from there. The integration is also fantastic because you can work...

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is integrating reviews on my retail inventory. They don’t have a very simple way to code and have an area to have reviews on every piece of inventory and I’m still working on it. I called customer service and they were not helpful in this aspect, but have been very helpful in almost everything else.

Stop Website Shame!

Wonderful!

Pros

It's easy to use, beautifully designed and has all the features that sets you up to create a beautiful and professional website. I get compliments on my website almost daily - thanks Squarespace!

Cons

I'd like to integrate other payment processing services with my site.

Incredibly easy website management

I help manage several Squarespace websites, and have found it very intuitive and quick to set up and edit pages. It's easy to manage your plan and I haven't found their campaigning to be annoying at all while a plan is active or after it's been disabled. Overall, I've been really happy with the experience of using Squarespace and have recommended it anytime someone is looking to set up a new site.

Pros

There's a reason that these guys are probably the most well-known website solution product out there. The user interface is super slick, and so easy to use. The price is right for what you can do once you get your feet under you. I've worked with a handful of different websites in Squarespace now, and it makes it easier to recommend it each time I set up or collaborate on a site. The knowledge base...

Cons

The templates are pretty limiting. You can try them out, but honestly, with the options that are there, there really seems to be just 3 or 4 general layouts with minor differences template-to-template. There are some annoying little things like not being able to move a gallery of images from one page to another unless it's been saved as a gallery, but they're all minor things that can be avoided as you become more familiar with the platform.

Creating a clean modern website with ease

My overall experience with square space has been positive and very easy to use.

Pros

What I liked most about squarespace Was that it was extremely easy to use and I am able to add features on my website without knowing how to code.

Cons

What I liked least about squarespace was that there were some limited features and functions. There were some features I wanted on the website that the templates could not achieve.

Professional, customizable results without the corresponding cost

Squarespace is hands-down my go-to website builder. It's so easy to create sleek-looking websites from customizable templates that don't look off the shelf.

Pros

Squarespace makes website building easy, even for those who can't code. I've been using Squarespace for 8 years across multiple domains. It's intuitive (and fun!) to use and best of all, the results look impressive. Customers have chosen my services based on the professional look and feel of my website.

Cons

Like with any growing and successful software company, previous free perks now come at a cost. Features that used to be included with a basic plan are now premium upgrades.

Squarespace - Honest Review

Overall, I love this platform. I have considered using different platforms but they usually have a higher price point and you have to pay for each individual template. I like that you have new templates constantly coming out and you have access to all of them.

Pros

I've been using Squarespace for my photography business the past 5 years and I love the software. I love the versatility of templates provided and the customization designs. I have changes templates maybe 5 times in the past couple of years. If you're new to creating a website this is a great place to start. It's literally a click and drag method, and the best part is that you get a beautiful website. Customer support is also amazing! Anytime I had a bottle neck I had no issue reaching out and receiving a prompt response.

Cons

After using it for a couple of years there are a few things I wish I was able to do. If you are not a programmer a few small details may really bug you. For instance if you wanted to change the spacing between images you will have to look up code and plug it into the advanced settings. For people who are not programmers it's pretty much a plug and see if it works type of approach. With that said many...

A Great Website Making Tool

Squarespace has made my online portfolio unique, eyecatching, and a great way to show off my work to prospective clients. They also consistently have great first time offers so if you are considering using their services you can almost always find it at a great deal.

Pros

It is easy to use, especially for someone who doesn't understand HTML like me. There are plenty of templates that fit each of my needs for my site as whole. I especially love the ways to set up picture galleries, which are most of what I have on there as I use it as an art portfolio.

Cons

Hooking up multiple domains to a single website can be a bit of a hassle, but eventually I was able to get mine running smoothly, and that is a very specific issue to have regardless.

Squarespace is my "personal website" platform of choice

Pros

I'm from the old school, where websites were created from scratch using Dreamweaver, and I also built a custom (but poorly designed) site on Angelfire that I still have today. Once Wordpress came along, things started to move in the direction of putting the control in editors' hands, so that knowledge of CSS and HTML were no longer necessary to get your content out there. Today, I daresay that Wordpress has too much of a learning curve, and that Squarespace is taking the lead in "ease of use," as well as the most visually appealing back-end experience for the admin/editor. It's also super easy to set up and very affordable.

Cons

I built two completely different websites using Squarespace (one for personal use and one for someone else's business), and I did not encounter any cons.

Easy-build websites

Quick and easy to build interface; efficient and helpful customer service; sensible pricing and good discount for certain user types.

Pros

The ease of use to create extremely professional interface websites, they look and feel great and can be pulled together in a matter of hours.

Cons

There's a few things that require upgrade to packages, commerce and selling options are understandable, but the option to add custom code should be on all paid packages.

Squarespace is the Smooth Operator of Content Management

I have been using Squarespace since it beta days and it gets better and better. Content management is extraordinary and eCommerce is improving with each and every enhancement and upgrade. In addition to a discount for annual subscriptions, there should also be a discount for multiple account. I manage multiple accounts for clients and the incentive would be a competitive advantage for developers or content managers.

Pros

In an everchanging information marketplace, it is critical to have a software platform that can enable cross sector exchanges of information and ecommerce. I love how seamless the software is from start to finish and most importantly when I collaborate there is a quick learning curve for access and content management. Team building is critical at a time of remote working and I enjoy the ease of access and consistency across all platforms from desktop to mobile device.

Cons

I feel the image library can be improved. At first use it appears clunky, but after a bit of trial and error you see the full functionality of the images. It would be less painful if you did not need to do a deep dive. This needs a review of intuitive functionality. Let a kid try it and they get immediately. For an adult its like a native speaker of English taking ESL.

I manage multiple Squarespace sites

My overall experience with Squarespace has been good. I was using a different template web hosting site years ago. I haven't looked back since switching to Squarespace. It's been 4 or 5 years now (maybe longer??) and the lazy part of me will probably stick with Squarespace for another half decade because if it ain't broke...

Pros

I manage multiple Squarespace sites and for the most part find it easy to use. I love that it links to Mailchimp and my other social media making all the marketing work that I have to do that much easier. I often recommend Squarespace to my clients who have really out of date sites that they have to have a web developer update. They have a plethora of templates and you can create some really nice, well designed sites without too much manual effort (depending on what you're trying to achieve). The customer service is honestly unbeatable. They are super quick with their responses and are typically able to help you trouble shoot an issue or explain why something can't be changed (typically has to do with the parameters of the template).

Cons

The hitch with Squarespace is that you get 90% to where you want your site to be but maybe not 100%. From template to template you lose certain abilities. This could be as simple as having a hamburger navigation in the top right corner or something larger. For what you're paying the value is obviously there, but if you have a really concrete idea of what you want your website to be you may want to invest in something more custom or a Wordpress template that is more customizable because it could be a headache in the long term.

Really good website for small business

Pros

Squarespace is easy to customize, add products, and looks very professional. It has every option that I want for a small artist's website. I have used it for years and it seems like Squarespace keeps up with innovations and feels contemporary.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that it can be hard to find help if I am having an issue. Contacting customer service is not easy, and often I have to jump through some hoops before being able to send an email to customer service. That said, I haven't had a problem in a while, so I can't speak to any recent experience with that.

Design your website like a pro- they don't have to know you're not!

Squarespace had allowed our company to put out a professional looking website at a fraction of the cost of hiring a website designer. The features are generally easy to use and intuitive, and changes and updates are easy.

Pros

I like Squarespace because of it's easy-to-use customizable templates. There are so many pre-designed templates to choose from- it will give you suggestions based on your industry or you can just browse the templates to find the design that suits you best. You don't have to be a website designer or know how to code, if you know how to type then you can use the templates with ease. No need to hire an expensive website developer- you can do it yourself and make it look just as good! It also gives you several features to integrate with social media platforms. You can accept payments through integrated payment platforms with ease.

Cons

The one feature that I wish the payment processed had is the ability for a customer to choose a payment price instead of having fixed price options. We bill our customers for services that have many different amounts, but unless you already pre-populated that payment amount in your page, the customer cannot pay through you website.