All categories

Squarespace Reviews - Page 4

2,050 reviews

I'm obsessed with Squarespace

I used to be a Wordpress lover, but after building my first Squarespace site, I never wanted to go back. It may not be for everyone, but most businesses will find everything they need with Squarespace.

Pros

Easy-to-use. No plugins necessary because most features are built right in. Very short learning curve. Websites can be up and running in a matter of hours. Sleek sites look professional and are easily customizable.

Cons

Most people can "tell" a Squarespace site by the look of it. (I think things tend to be a bit blocky.) I would like the ability to create backgrounds for pages without having to add images in section blocks. (Like a drag and drop option.) Also, would love more integrations past Mailchimp and Acuity. (I use Calendly and ActiveCampaign!)

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Best Content Management System Platform on the web!

Squarespace has been my favorite Content Management System platform by far. As a graphic designer who works in only print, I only use minimal CSS coding to build my website. It saves me a lot of time and money from having to hire a web developer, or use something free and risk having a lower quality website.

Pros

Squarespace is a pretty powerful blogging and Ecommerce platform. It enables designers with or without knowledge of coding to build stunning websites. There are many fully responsive templates to choose from in different categories that are completely customizable, and can can be switched up at anytime. You have the ability to customize your website with a little bit of CSS coding. There are a few...

Cons

Squarespace is more advanced than other quick and easy website building platforms, so it is a bit of a learning curve that just takes time and patience. Another downfall is that although there are many templates to choose from, they are limiting to suit your needs as certain styles lack all of the features that other styles might have, such as blogging side bars and second navigation bars.

Squarespace is Easy Website Creation and Management

I've really enjoyed working with Squarespace. The learning curve hasn't been too bad. Obviously there are new features introduced and the product continues to improve.

Pros

Overall the simplicity of the tool makes it wonderful to use. I can add an entry to my website in usually minutes and I don't even think about formating or HTML code or anything like that. I just simply write an article or manage the purchases from my clients.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to offer multiple currencies in the eCommerce components. I'm Canadian and I wish to offer US dollars to my American clients, but I still need to operate my business in Canada. My Canadian clients would appreciate being able to show for my services in Canadian currency.

I manage multiple Squarespace sites

My overall experience with Squarespace has been good. I was using a different template web hosting site years ago. I haven't looked back since switching to Squarespace. It's been 4 or 5 years now (maybe longer??) and the lazy part of me will probably stick with Squarespace for another half decade because if it ain't broke...

Pros

I manage multiple Squarespace sites and for the most part find it easy to use. I love that it links to Mailchimp and my other social media making all the marketing work that I have to do that much easier. I often recommend Squarespace to my clients who have really out of date sites that they have to have a web developer update. They have a plethora of templates and you can create some really nice, well designed sites without too much manual effort (depending on what you're trying to achieve). The customer service is honestly unbeatable. They are super quick with their responses and are typically able to help you trouble shoot an issue or explain why something can't be changed (typically has to do with the parameters of the template).

Cons

The hitch with Squarespace is that you get 90% to where you want your site to be but maybe not 100%. From template to template you lose certain abilities. This could be as simple as having a hamburger navigation in the top right corner or something larger. For what you're paying the value is obviously there, but if you have a really concrete idea of what you want your website to be you may want to invest in something more custom or a Wordpress template that is more customizable because it could be a headache in the long term.

Absolutely love Squarespace!

This has made it so easy to set up a working e-comm website that we will never switch and we are able to make money without doing more than 5 min work.

Pros

This software is so easy to set up. They offer excellent customer service, amazing support, and a really smooth setup. We use their template, their e-commerce, and their website. We love them all.

Cons

Some of the working sections can be a little hard to understand at first but with their support team, they are easily figured out. I still have not figured out how to do a facebook pixel with it.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to use, professional design without any tech experience

It has been so easy to build beautiful sites on Squarespace and have been able to fully customize my site to suit my needs. I never recommend anything else.

Pros

Squarespace is SO easy to use and makes building professional-looking sites simple and incredibly easy to update. It is great for beginners but also suitable for more experienced website builders!

Cons

Occasionally I can't figure out how to navigate something or customize something, but I can always figure it out with a quick Google!

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

The website that professionals use

Really good, the customer service is excellent. Once you get around building your site, I love it.

Pros

I was recommended this website by someone in my industry. It was time to upgrade and work with company that had a better SEO so I could be found and get more people to my site. I love it because it professional, its recognized and it is highly trusted. The integration to mobile is perfection. It looks amazing!

Cons

I came from another website that had a easier set up, but I couldn't be found. The set up for my site was a bit challenging, but once I looked at the videos on set up it was much easier. The cost was a lot more as well, but worth it to have a professional site.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Squarespace makes complicated tasks smooth and easy

It's been really good! I use Squarespace for my photography portfolio. Back in the day I coded my own websites and it was a pain in the butt. Having Squarespace as an option is just so much better. I can focus on the parts of the process that I enjoy.

Pros

- It's easy to use and quite easy to customize. There are a lot of possibilities. - Templates are fresh and inspiring. - Interface is smooth and easy to navigate. - Uploading and organizing photos is a dream. It's very easy. - Templates work flawlessly on desktop and mobile - Price is fair (not cheap, but a good value for everything it includes) - The first year was half price with my student email address

Cons

- There's no way to create a client proofing gallery! This feature would be invaluable to photographers who want to give their clients a way to select which photos they're interested in. - Having a custom email address costs extra (I believe it's $5/month) - The selection of templates is a little limited and sites can have a noticeable Squarespace look. But there is room for customization.

Only for basic websites.

You can easily have a decent website in a very short period of time, but it is not for personalized websites. It is recommended for people that want to put together their website by their own and do not have big knowledge on web development or programming.

Pros

Offers a big variety of templates of landing pages and traditional web sites, wich can be slightly adapted. It alouds you to add different elements (text, gallery, and photos) with only one click. If you already have your domain it is easy to configure it with Squarespace. You can produce multilingual pages. It enables you to add an e-commerce module, as well as a contact form page.

Cons

It is not easy to adapt the templates to specific design features. it is tricky to modify pictures sizes and locations. If you are trying to modify the header and footer, you need to do them in each page separately. Only the title and the main menu reproduce through different pages automatically. The logo in the header is not adaptable for multilingual websites, it remains constant.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Squarespace is great if you don't ever need to talk to anyone

I'm happy with this platform and will continue to use it. I find the templates really easy to plug into. Overall it helps one to create a beautiful and authentic website. The plug-ins like Tax-Jar, Acuity and Stripe are all very helpful and you have to be diligent at learning about each plug-in separately from Sqaurespace or you won't get the most out of it. I wish there was an option for a clear customer service contact. You have to really search for it and being on a higher tiered payment schedule I'd like the option to simply call a rep for the things I can't figure out only own.

Pros

I love the templates and ease of use. My website is beautiful and I feel proud of what I've created.

Cons

There're things that just don't work. I can't seem to authenticate my email address in the marketing section. I've read all the HELP info and watched the videos and it's just not working. The thing about Squarespace is that they really are great and they don't have reliable or even accessible customer service. I also don't like that everything is ala cart. At first that made sense but it would be awesome if there was a flat fee for different tiers of business. I say this because until you realize what you need for your business you might not even know that Squarespace has it...

Squarespace - The Apple of Website Builders

I believe Squarespace is the Apple of website builders. I love the experience and would not trade it for and easier to use site builder. the extra work is worth it for the quality outcome you get.

Pros

Squarespace is know to be The Apple of Website Builders to present. It may not be super easy to use but it is definitely clever and intuitive. Pages are built using content blocks which has many useful feature/elements available like photo galleries, forms, buttons, media player and many many more. To arrange the elements you simply drap and snap them into columns around your page in the order you...

Cons

It is not as easy to build with comparing to some general website builders, but definitely worth the work.

Great functionality and templates

As referenced above, we were creating a space for a book release and publicity campaign for a photographer releasing his memoir. Squarespace was able to successfully host the site and create big impact for the release.

Pros

The sleek design, easy functionality and classy templates are great for quickly starting a site that will stand out and be professional. I recently created a site for a colleague's book release and publicity campaign--a photographer with incredibly exacting standards--and Squarespace's templates and ability to host high quality images worked well to make an impactful site.

Cons

At times, if you'd like to do something customizable that doesn't quite fit the template, you can run into some slowdowns. In our case, we wanted very specific features that the template didn't give us--it got us 90% of the way. However, once we hopped on the phone and chat with customer service, our team was able to communicate our needs and have them executed into the page.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

You're never square if you use Squarespace!

Pretty good. Any issues I have with the program and I cant to find it in the FAQ; customer service is speedy to get back to me and point me in the correct direction.

Pros

ease, functionality, many options for many types of businesses, the ability to control my clients online experience when they visit my website.

Cons

Sometimes searching any problems i have is difficult. I am normally not searching the correct wording in order to find it in theier arcives of FAQ.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great, easy to use software

Pros

When I first discovered Squarespace, it was exactly the web design software I dreamed of. I'm not a cider or a developer and so in previously using Dreamweaver, the learning curve was way too steep to be worth my time in what I used it for. Rapidweaver was Ok but not nearly as flexible while also being straightforward like Squarespace. Since using Squarespace I designed three beautiful websites.

Cons

The email is a little expensive in my opinion. Overall I wish the service was a little less expensive for small businesses. Creating video content that doesn't link out from another service, or integrating audio players, sometimes feels a little difficult or not as simple as as it could, but it's rare I'm using it in this fashion.

One of the Best Website Builders

I wish I had known about them sooner otherwise we would've avoided paying an agency to build a custom site. Now we have to pay them every time we want any edits/adjustments made however minute they may be.

Pros

Squarespace delivers a super user-friendly tool that allows nonprofits I work with who don't have much tech experience to quickly build a website. It's easily customizable and their templates are all mobile-responsive. They also have great integrations with tools like Mailchimp for email marketing and Google Analytics. Their support documentation is very clear and comprehensive. I've never had to reach out to their support for anything I couldn't find in their help center.

Cons

They have pre-made templates that look fantastic, but if you're looking for something with drag and drop functionality for complete customization like Wix.com or Weebly, then Squarespace isn't for you. You can usually tell if a website is Squarespace because oftentimes different sites will use the same template. I also think that they could lower their pricing a tad and just offer less features.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Worth looking into

I used Squarespace for 3 years before transferring to Wix. I didn't have any problems and it suited my needs for the time being. The reason I switched to Wix was because it was cheaper and had more options to customize my website.

Pros

Setting up your personal or business website is easy to do with Squarespace. You don't need to know how to code. You can get a customized email address through using gmail for an extra $6/month. There are different templates to choose from to begin developing your website.

Cons

While you can customize some of the options are limited compared to Wix. The price is competitive with other options but I found Wix to be cheaper in the long run.

Still Prefer SquareSpace over WordPress

They are my go-to builder for new clients that want the ability to make edits and changes on their own in the future without causing confusion. Less headache than WP and WIX which are other builders I am familiar with.

Pros

Updates on it's own, unlike WordPress which updates could break 3rd party applications or templates, and happens all the time. Great for first time users to figure out what they are doing fairly simply. Has great tutorials, help, chat, twitter support, and customer service is much better than WordPress' non existent support.

Cons

They change their pricing constantly without any advanced notice ever. In the past 6 years I've built client sites on this platform, they just keep upping the price for everyone. They offer ZERO affiliate solutions, just a discounted first year off for multiple builds and circle members. They have a JavaScript rendering that makes all sites slower than they should be and have not addressed this not playing to well with Page Load Speed or Google Analytics. They don't particularily care either. Their customer support can get behind quite often, resulting in a solution that comes long after you needed it.

DIY Website Tool is a Good Option for Most Web Design Needs

Pros

While there may be some free options out there that boast the same feature and options in website building as Squarespace, they simply don't measure up. This is a great option for an individual building out their own brand, or a small business entering a new industry, and trying to carve out their niche. The pricing options certainly aren't cheap, but manageable for a variety of budgets. As with most website building options, the larger the site you're looking to build, the more you're going to spend. The ease of use is really what sets Squarespace apart from most other solutions. You can feel comfortable recommending this software to a wide range of skill and experience levels.

Cons

While the ease of use and feature set are certainly a bonus, one of the main things I see as an obstruction is the slow load times. Having a bit of background in SEO, I realize that this is a major factor in how Google views the quality of websites, and unless Squarespace is able to improve their site speeds, they are going to see the SEO of their individual sites drop. For the casual individual webpage or small business owner, this may not be a problem, but it becomes a concern when you're looking at the software for more of an enterprise-level project.

Squarespace is incredible

I would describe my experience with Square space as a Ten out of Ten.

Pros

I am a small business owner, running a drum academy in Canada and I have tried to use several platforms in the past that would help best showcase my business online. Squarespace was the first platform I truly felt did that for me. The ease of use, aesthetic cleanliness and technical support were massive in my decision to go with them.

Cons

From the time I began using Squarespace to now, I honestly cannot say anything bad about Squarespace.

Squarespace: The Best Website Tool on the Market

Squarespace is a nice web tool to quickly implement your online presence. I work with a lot of developers and web tools, but squarespace is a definite favorite in the industry

Pros

I like squarespace a lot, and I think most of our clients are comfortable using it because of its notoriety and the ads you see on television – it's not some "scary web code", it's intuitive, easy-to-use and recognizable. Especially if you're not particularly web-savvy, they have plenty of beautiful templates to pick and choose with, and you can get online within a day. The service is affordable and easy to use, and customer service is usually "right there" when you need them. I highly recommend it!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to do some of the development yourself. It's hard for me to say anything really 'bad' about squarespace considering the development aspect of this isn't necessary to make a good website, but after working with such intuitive programs like WIX I feel like it would be criminal to not at least be a little vocal about it. I think that could use some improvement and maybe some pop-up helpful tools because the navigation can be a bit lacking (although this, again, is a personal preference)

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Squarespace does it again!

Squarespace has allowed me to acclimate over 30 interns, 15 guest bloggers, and a few editors over the past 8 years to the blogging world with more ease and purpose than ever before.

Pros

I love that Squarespace allows me to set up sites for the many brands I've founded or managed. Each of them can be set up with a different plan, a different feel, and a different purpose. Even the templates are highly customizable so while you know it's my style, no two sites look exactly alike.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is probably the lack of a tutorial interface for clients and creatives who don't have as much experience as me. There are plenty of help articles and the Customer Support is always helpful, however, I feel like the tutorial for setting up should be much more interactive.

Great for freelancers

Would absolutely recommend Squarespace for freelancers and small to mid-sized businesses, especially if you’re looking to build a simple portfolio or landing page.

Pros

As a freelance photographer, I used Squarespace to build my website and portfolio. I absolutely loved the pre-built website design options without needing to hire a specific designer to create my site. Squarespace is also affordable for its quality, making it a great choice for small businesses.

Cons

Nothing at this time! If I was looking for a more customizable option, Squarespace might not be the best fit, but for pre-built designs it worked great.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Good for design terrible for subscriptions

For designing a web page is exceptional, for subscription products is really bad

Pros

Square space is made for design. You can design a really nice web page fast and easy. This was built around design and then they add the e-commerce functionality, that is why the commerce lack many features.

Cons

Subscription services are really bad. Difficult to manage in bulk. EVerything has to be done customer by customers. Changing the paayment date is ok, but if you want to modify to a previous date than the one in the system is not possible. For example. If your subscription payment is due in 1 month but you want to charge them in 3 weeks is not possible. The customization of the products is really bad too.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Easy to use and beautiful templates

Overall I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm able to have a professional looking website up and and running, with no hassle. I have somewhere to direct potential clients, and clients can book time with me directly from my website. It's done exactly what I wanted it to do and I didn't have to spend a lot of time setting it up. I don't have to do any maintenance, which means I can focus on my core business.

Pros

I really love the templates that Squarespace offers and the software's ease of use. I spent an afternoon putting my website together and it was just so easy to launch. I'm in a service business and I use my website as a place to send people. I'm not interested in driving a lot of traffic to my website, it's something for me to have. It's so easy to update and if I ever change the name of my company or the domain, I won't feel like I've invested all this time into it, that I'll feel bad letter it go. At the same time, I'm really proud of it, I love the way it looks and it's so easy to update.

Cons

I notice my computer slows down a bit when I have it open. I do have an older computer, so it's slow in general, but when I open up Squarespace to update my website in Safari, it slows things down. Not a huge deal since I don't update it that much anymore, but I do notice it when I'm on it.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Squarespace is one of the best choices for photographers

I use Squarespace as a website to showcase my work and keep a presence on the internet. I find it as one of the best and easiest ways for photographers to do this. I find the price fair and the customer service excellent.

Pros

Squarespaces is a great way to setup a professional website for photographers that don't want to sell their photos, but want a portfolio and easy way to grow clientbase.

Cons

Selling digital files such as large series of photos is not practical at the moment and can be improved.