All categories

Squarespace Reviews - Page 5

2,050 reviews

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

This software makes me look good!

I created a website for my artwork using Squarespace, and it makes me look good!

Pros

This program makes it easy to build a professional looking website in no time at all. There are many different templates you can choose from which offer a diversity of looks. Its easy to find a match with your product.

Cons

Occasionally, the software isn't as intuitive as it could be. The graphics used for editing look like writing, when they are for image control.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Got me started with certain industries but was never a preferred means

I have used this platform to sell and promote a festival that I assisted in curating. I do branding and artistic direction and squarespace made it quite easy to inject my own images in a manner that made a beautiful website while retaining thousands of dollars worth of sales yearly.

Pros

Popular platform with ease of use so high it makes it quite simple for people to manage a website in general and has assisted many in the build process of websites that have served me and my colleagues for years at a time. Simplistic building features with a solid framework allows for clean construction and sleek looks in a manner that allows those that do not know extensive amounts of code to design.

Cons

Not as many features or plugin support as Wordpress and is not open source. Templates in some respect are generic and design elements may be bland in some respects if not customized appropriately

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Favorite turn-key web platform I've ever used.

I recommend this product all the time to other small nonprofits and anyone trying to launch a creative idea because of it's immediacy, ease of use, professional abilities, and cost. So many features packed into an affordable website solution pack.

Pros

This is such a powerful website creation platform that anyone can use, regardless of your industry or business size. Plus, it's beautiful, easy to navigate, packed with all the right features you need (page navigation, embedded features, analytics, e-commerce, etc..). Plus, it's extremely cheap given the alternative of custom building a website, hiring a graphic designer, and then waiting for all that to be done. Can't say enough about how impressed I am with this platform.

Cons

At times, you're limited by our own creativity or experiences when trying to setup your website on your own. There is a learning curve to figuring out how to make the site do what you want it to do based on your creative abilities or how the drag and drop features work. This is also a benefit, but takes a bit to learn how to get things to turn out how you have them in your mind.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

A perfect solution for many businesses

Building a website for a small to medium business can be a complicated task. Lately there have been a few solutions that have come on the market to make this easier. First there was Wordpress which was much easier than programming the site yourself, but a lot of complication was still there of customizing and upgrading. Wix, Weebly and Squarespace then made this process much easier by supporting all the infrastructure and giving a simple to use drag and drop interface.

Pros

I find Squarespace to be a lot more visually creative and interesting compared to the competition of wix and weebly. The builder interface is also a lot easier to navigate and doesnt have as many UX quirks and fumbles.

Cons

I find Squarespace to be a bit pricey when you start purchasing their add-ons. They nickel and dime a little bit when it comes to these additional features.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Love it, way better than WordPress

Very good, been using them for years. Still hate WordPress.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, built-in hosting and SSL certificates, good designs

Cons

Limited templates, this is where WordPress wins. But, it is nice because the platform is more intuitive and you don't need any coding experience.

Love Squarespace

I create most of my client’s sites using Squarespace because it is very easy to use.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes creating websites easy and fun. No matter your experience creating websites, you end up with a beautiful and functional finished product.

Cons

If you are a more experienced designer, there is limited functionality for implementing custom applications.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Wonderful Tool & Easy especially for beginners!

Pros

Squarespace is a really great product because it allows you to build on top of beautiful, professional designs, but you can also tweak it enough if you have the skills, to be completely unique without doing a lot of extra back-end work. If you don't know how to code but you want to have a lot of control over the way your site works and looks, it is absolutely perfect. I love Squarespace because of the very clean and simple layouts you can use, the ease with which you can edit and also the customer service is quote good. Any time I have had a problem, the customer service has been 9/10 helpful and when it wasn't, I ended up being able to solve my own problems after a bit of poking around.

Cons

What I would like to see improved is the organization for bigger sites. I manage several websites, and one of my bigger clients has quite a lot of information and pages required, even after slimming content down to a bare minimum. It is sometimes quite confusing when going through larger website trying to find certain pages, content, or being able to edit that content. It can sometimes be quite frustrating and on those occasions, customer service obviously can't help. I know there must be a better way! Over all the organization is perfectly fine for smaller sites, but when its a service being paid for, I'd love to have something less "cookie-cutter" for other types of clients.

Squarespace to Get a Website Up and Running Quickly On Your Own

While Squarespace is very easy to setup and build content into, you'll want to put time into practicing the How To. Everything is drag and drop, so you add blocks (text and images) to the pages you build. The only thing I've found annoying is the spacing when you drag around these blocks, and trying to remove excess space in a layout. But this is something you'll run into with other site builders. I enjoy using it and it does offer a very user friendly experience.

Pros

Squarespace really helps you create beautiful websites. They have a range of templates that you can scroll through and decide which will suit your business. You have to be somewhat comfortable with technology to get yourself up and running, at minimum to sign up, transfer your domain name if you already have one. The best part about Squarespace is that it does all the hosting and backups for you. This is a big deal for business owners who just don't have the capacity and knowledge to do this.

Cons

It's a little trickier to customize. I'm a WordPress person and work with clients that use Squarespace. I also find Squarespace a bit more difficult when it comes to SEO. I'm used to having more control over what I set as keywords and structure vs what I can do in Squarespace. That's also because I use WordPress with Yoast. That said, I've researched Squarespace and they do seem to do some decent...

Clean and user friendly

It is a visually clean platform that allows me to provide custom-designed websites for my classy clients that they on which they can make updates in the future. It provides useful analytics and intuitive interface that makes my job easier.

Pros

Squarespace offers me the ability to design websites for my clients, and for myself, that are simple and beautiful. When I say simple, I mean simple for the user. I am still afforded many design tools that allow me to dive deep when I want to. I build sites for clients that want to be able to do simple upkeep themselves and this is the perfect solution to give them high-end quality sites that they can still update without cracking into code.

Cons

There are times when I would like to do certain things that aren't possible within the certain template for example, putting in a callout text box. But, in a way Squarespace saves you from yourself so you don't go text-box-crazy and clutter up the page.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

The best website customization tool for anyone

I'm mainly using Squarespace for both my personal portfolio website (I'm a graphic designer) and my startup's landing page. The various templates provided by Squarespace serves practically any purposes you could need a website for, so after a couple hours of research I was able to pick out the perfect templates for each sites and have a decent-looking website up in a day (although it took much more time afterwards with the specific contents).

Pros

Squarespace is extremely simple to understand, customize, and create a beautiful-looking and highly-functional websites. They have one of the best customer supports. The platform is very user-friendly for developers, designers, and people with no website-building experience alike, with simple drag-and-drop tools, features explained in simple buttons and natural languages, and a separate dev platform...

Cons

I've built 2 portfolio sites, 1 blog, and 2 business websites on Squarespace to date, and couldn't find anything I disliked!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The best website building platform for non-coders

With Squarespace we can build a fully functional website for our clients in less than 2 days with minimum costs.

Pros

Squarespece took website building for non-coders to the next phase. It is always up to date with every trend and the websites always look professional. Moreover, they are secure. We've been using it for low-end clients and they are all happy.

Cons

If you want to create more complex websites, it can get a bit tricky. Also, the customer support keeps referring you to FAQs and articles which are not always very helpful.

Easiest Website Builder There Is

After using almost all the different no-coding-required website builders out there, I think Squarespace is the fastest and easiest way to build a website, especially if you have e-commerce. Everything is integrated into their platform so it is very streamlined.

Pros

Squarespace is not your average blogging site. It is made for businesses, both small and large. It is easy to use - you simply drag and drop elements to where you want it to be on your page. No coding is necessary. They also have tons of templates you can easily adopt so even if you are not a web designer, your end product looks professional and beautiful.

Cons

In Squarespace, there is almost more than one way to do something. This is great for tech-savvy folks who want more options. However, when training my clients to manage their website, it has been a bit more challenging because they only want to learn one method and the various options confuse them. I would recommend that Squarespace cleans up some of its elements a little bit so it is easier for a new user to know the difference between each other.

Love! Love! Love!

Excellent experience overall, I had one little hiccup that was my own fault and the customer service team helped out so quick!

Pros

This site was extremely user friendly! I originally considered having someone build my website for me but I quickly changed my mind after exploring all of the options with Squarespace. It allowed me to first create a platform For free until I was ready to pay. I was able to do my entire website n the free version and once I had my funds together BOOM! A full site up and running! My greatest accomplishment this year, getting my website together!

Cons

There isn’t Anything bad I can say about this platform. It was so extremely user friendly! If I say anything bad I’d be lying.

Professional looking and Easy to Maintain websites

I easily maintain 3 business sites with this platform. No security issues!

Pros

Ease of use. Don't have to worry about hacking on the back end. professional looking modern templates

Cons

some limits on design but you can google help for injecting code. Cost. A little bit of a learning curve on designing.

Workhorse

Overall this is the very best platform for our organization. Customer support is friendly and attentive, And layout/template options are intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use & implementation, reliability, overall cost & robust features that allow our website to connect us with prospective clients.

Cons

We have noticed from time to time or degree of delay, Sometimes as much as 24 hours, when requests are submitted via our website by potential clients.

Best For Those With No Web Dev Experience

Overall, if you have very little experience with web development, Squarespace is a great tool to create an eCommerce Website or regular website. If you know the team members that will be updating your website have very little experience, Squarespace will be easy for them to figure out. In our marketing business, we typically only work with Squarespace when a client has a pre-existing site on the platform that they do not want to move. We typically recommend Wordpress or Hubspot depending on budget and other needs, just due to the flexibility of each platform.

Pros

Squarespace is incredibly easy to use. With easy user interfaces and a "What You See Is What You Get" editor, they make it easy to create beautiful websites with little experience.

Cons

Because Squarespace is easy to use, it leaves some advanced features to desire. The templates are more restrictive and I find as an experienced web developer, I often get frustrated with what I cannot do in Squarespace that I can do in Wordpress. You'll also pay more for Squarespace than you would if you used Wordpress and your own hosting.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Website Design

Pros

This software offers beautiful templates and, if you are a coder, can create a very professional looking website. I can also make small changes now that the coder has developed our website.

Cons

It is not easy to use for the common user and doesn't offer previews or easy changes. Once the coding is done, only small changes are easy to make.

Quick, Affordable, Inexpensive Website Solution For All

Squarespace made the process of creating and publishing my website quick, easy and inexpensive. I have never had a problem setting up or using the service.

Pros

Squarespace makes creating and launching a website super easy, I might even call the process fun. The interface is intuitive and the library of themes makes it so you don't have to start from scratch, just find something that suits your tastes and requirements, add in your resources, replacing the stock ones and you're off. I have recommended Squarespace to people who have no experience building websites...

Cons

The service has not failed me yet and any time I've reached out to support to ask something replies have be prompt. I have no gripes with Squarespace and I can recommend it to anyone.

Website development made easy

When needing to get landing pages that look professional up quickly, Squarespace is a great option.

Pros

Easily and quickly launch customizable website that had all of the capabilities I needed for simple landing page, as well as more sophisticated embedded tools.

Cons

Sometimes the squares can be difficult to move around and can change the entire look and layout of the landing page if accidentally moved in the wrong way.

Squarespace is My Life

I use Squarespace daily in my website design business. My clients LOVE it! I chose to use this platform because of the ease of use for my clients post-project. They are able to maintain their own site, and it is affordable.

Pros

I love the ease of use and beautiful, classy layouts. The customer support is fantastic!

Cons

I like everything about it. They are always adding new features and integrations, which is great!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The best all-inclusive website designer

Pros

As a wedding photographer, my website is many times the first point of access for potential clients. Squarespace has helped me, extremely easily, build a fully-customisable site to showcase my work, keeping my photography front and centre. There are dozens of templates to choose from, and the page builder is made in a way that even someone that isn't too tech savvy would be able to make their website from scratch. Their customer support team replies to queries within a few hours, and their pricing is very reasonable.

Cons

My only downside with Squarespace is that some very basic design functions, such as font sizes, vary so greatly between certain templates. For instance, the template I currently use doesn't give me the option to change the size of the normal text font, but only lets me change the size of the body text as a whole, altering headings in the process. This is a minuscule problem, and I easily found a way around it.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Super easy to build your own website

Overall, I have loved being able to easily build and edit my own website and add products, make changes whenever I want to. It was a game changer for a tiny business like mine where I couldn't afford to have a full-time web developer to build and update my site for me whenever I had a new product or feature to add to it.

Pros

I like how easy it is to build a website that looks good on all different devices. It is easy to set up and customize to a certain extent. It is beautiful and once you learn how the customization works, it is pretty simple to add different blocks and make your site look great on your own.

Cons

It is hard to get exact placement and sizing of images and badges because of the automation of the way it looks on different devices. You can't always get something to show up where you want it to be on the screen or line up next to each other. It also doesn't connect automatically to my accounting software so I have to enter my orders manually...so that is a bit annoying.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Say good bye to complicated CMS

Is great not to have to spend money and time in expensive developers, just get a web site up and running in a matter of minutes. Easy and clean interface helps to like this tool from the very beginning.

Pros

Love how easy and clean is the UX, definitely the best way get a site up and running quickly with very small investment. The ratio quality-cost is super good.

Cons

It is not the right tool if you want to create something different, a new kind of service with very specific technology.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great for new entrepreneurs without coding experience

Squarespace was great when I was first starting my business and helped me demonstrate professionalism and efficiency to my clients.

Pros

Squarespace's easy to navigate design and drag and drop features make it perfect for a beginning entrepreneur who have no experience with coding. There are multiple themes to fit any business that integrate seamlessly with many email platforms.

Cons

If you need to cancel your subscription you can't keep your data and it's not easy to change to new themes from your existing one without having to redesign a bit.

Literally the Easiest Way to Get on the Web

It was easy and simple to set up and I found myself using extra apps that are in the Squarespace brand with the website.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to set up. There are many Youtube tutorials to implement extra software that came with it like the program Acuity (scheduling app).

Cons

The price was very high for the amount of traffic that could be had on the website. The basic plan was about 5 dollars a month more than others and I didn't see why other than the brand name.