Squarespace Reviews - Page 6

2,482 reviews

My Ideal Website

Overall, Squarespace is worth the money. You pay monthly for your website and URL and you can link Google Key Words and personalize it as much or as little as you want with many different templates, truly the easiest way to create your website.

Pros

I've used a few different sites that offer website templates and features and Squarespace is by far the easier, most conveninent and safest service there is. Creating a website is a very stressful and time consuming process and from experience with Squarespace I no longer feel that way about creating, updating and publishing to my website.

Cons

With the computer I use, a Chromebook, some placement of pictures and text is more tedious to complete but in the end the outcome is as I always want.

Not as easy as it used to be

I love the look. The feel. The elegant templates. It’s very clean but the challenge in building has pushed me back to a competitor to build a different site.

Pros

When I started using square space it was a bit intimidating but after getting my site set up it was fine and I felt confident. I left it a while and came back and now feel lost. I don’t feel confident changing much.

Cons

I feel it has become more developer friendly and less novice friendly. I used to be able to navigate fairly well.

Overall simple and effective web building tool

It is a good source for web building and design with a team that isn't as strong in that area and we need to release something quickly and efficiently without too much fuss.

Pros

This is a good product we started using as a secondary business that we are building in the background along with our regular business LLC, where we use another provider. Squarespace has a much cleaner, smoother layout and is generally streamlined more in its features. It doesn't cram too many features into its platform at once.

Cons

The one con that stands out to me the most is the fact that almost all of the templates and many of the drag and drop features become extremely redundant, look the same, and sort of look like "cookie cutter" repeats of themselves. Customization isn't as high as it should be and design features aren't quite there yet.

Most Popular

For what it offers the hosting and difference plans can be a little expensive but I have loved building sites on it for various users and have helped people realized their dream that they can have something on the web easily.

Pros

Squarespace is probably the undisputed leader in this space of easy to design website that handles everything from the hosting to images to SEO updates. The software is easy to design your perfect website and it is easy to add anything from photos to videos.

Cons

It is a little limited if you want to get more advanced with plugins and really custom coding then you can go with Wordpress or build your site from scratch but Squarespace is going after the user who wants to have a blog or a website easily and not have to worry about anything.

Be there or be square (JK)

Amazing. Really. I've made countless sites and was always super happy with the result and customer support along the way. The only platform I created that I wasn't entirely happy with was an e-com site, not only does it cost 3x but it doesn't offer a-lot of the robust options that site like Shopify and Magento do. Granted it's cheaper, but I can't see a serious e-comm store using the platform in it's current state. Overall if you're building a portfolio site, or a site for your restaurant, SS is better then WIX and any other web builder I used. But if you're looking to build something more complicated I would look elsewhere.

Pros

How flexible the templates are, once you figure out how to use spacers, blocks and all the good stuff you can really customize the templates to pretty much look like anything, and if you HTML savvy, well the then, the world is your oyster.

Cons

SquareSpace recently updated their terms so that HTML code injection are only available for business users, which doesn't make much sense to me since the people who tend to use square space the most are designers, photographers, etc. for their portfolios. I can understand why an e-commerce plan would cost more, after all you're using their platform to generate income, but why would a young designer that's just trying to get hired by showcasing his portfolio and skills should be charged more for using code is beyond me.

We migrated to Squarespace for our web host almost a year ago and could not be happier!

Pros

Our business is centered around getting people outside, enjoying their time on the water and hopefully helping them to learn some interesting stuff along the way. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our customers and anticipating what they'll need or ask for while onboard. So when we were shopping around for a new web host, it was actually fun to find out that Squarespace takes the same approach. Even better was discovering how easy Squarespace is to use. Look, we're outdoorsy boat and water and nature and wildlife people, not coders. Squarespace makes it easy for us to tell customers our story. Super easy to include photos, video clips and imagery. Quick and reliable integrations with online booking, payment systems and social media. Could not be happier!

Cons

There are a couple quirks involving text formatting for drop down boxes that can expand and collapse (like are often seen on FAQ pages). Overall though, this is such a minor issue for us it's hardly worth mentioning. Plus, I've heard Squarespace is aware of it and is working on a solution. One of the great things about Squarespace is that they not only seek feedback from customers, they actually listen and respond!

Secure, Easy, Fast

Squarespace was a great switch to make after experience security and functionality problems with WordPress.

Pros

Squarespace takes all of the guess work out of building a functional, fast, and beautiful website for current and new customers.

Cons

Some functions you may want to customize might be unavailable depending on the template you choose. You could easily have a site that looks too similar to another company if your brand message isn't solid, as templates are pretty stock. Some features are locked behind a premium plan.

User Friendly Interface

Pros

Very user friendly interface, unlike Wordpress, which can get way too technical for customization.

Cons

Sqaurespace has worked seamlessly for me thus far, and I do not have any complaints.

Easy to use at basic level

Outside of the support issue squarespace has been great for me and for client projects. It’s a smartly designed CMS that has a not so steep learning curve.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get started and not having to tinker too much to make something that looks good.

Cons

When you try to go deeper as a power user there are issues that squarespace themselves are not able to answer. I saw this bug in the most recent software update and still don’t have an answer from support.

Simply the best website builder out there

Amazing product overall. I wish there was a way to talk to customer service on the phone.

Pros

Far and away the easiest and best looking website builder on the market. Not even close. They follows the rules of design so you can't mess up your website. Because they have some restrictions when you are designing your site, you won't be able to place a random box or logo anywhere on the page. This means you won't make it look horrible by design.

Cons

Because they have some restrictions when you are designing your site, you won't be able to place a random box or logo anywhere on the page. This is a huge positive but can be a negative if you really want to get super creative. Aesthetics are maintained at the cost of some minor limitations in creativity.

The Perfect Website Design Tool

I have used Squarespace for several years and have built 6 websites for our business and other clients. With little coding experience you can create a impressive and feature rich site.

Pros

Squarespace has enabled me to create several websites quickly. The new 7.1 update is a great tool. Squarespace is my go to platform for website development.

Cons

I would like to be able to customise the product pages more.

Awesome website building site

I have had a website hosted and created via Squarespace for almost three years now. I have had no issues or problems and frequently receive compliments about my website. I would highly recommend to anyone with a small business.

Pros

I love Squarespace. I was able to quickly and easily create a beautiful, contemporary looking website without having to know how to code. There are several template options to choose from that allow for several different ways to customize to your own brand. Squarespace makes it easy and provides step by step instructions along the way.

Cons

While the templates are great for creating a site, they are not all fully customizable. But that is understandable. If you want to completely design a site to make it unique, the best way would be to do it on your own. However, that would require expertise on web coding. Squarespace offers an in between at an affordable price.

Best Platform for Website Production

I have used it to build a website from scratch for a small personal business, but also for a larger nonprofit organization that converted an aging existing website to a new one using the Squarespace platform. In both cases, I have been impressed with how elegantly everything works and how user-friendly it is.

Pros

Squarespace is a well-designed, elegant solution to building a website when you are not a techie! Their options for designs are generally clean and artistic, and the back-end tools are very useful.

Cons

Some aspects are a little complicated, like connecting the website to a Facebook page or Twitter account.

The Website Platform That Lives Up to the Hype

Squarespace is the perfect solution for a small business owner, entrepreneur, creative, or even a casual user who just wants their own beautiful website. While a Squarespace user will encounter the limitations that come with being such a user-friendly platform, it's almost always worth it to build through Squarespace.

Pros

I've made or contributed to at least a dozen sites through Squarespace & I can confidently recommend it to anyone. The ease of use is really incredible, and it's so easy as a designer (mainly graphic design, not much coding experience) to create a beautiful website and then hand it off to my client to maintain.

Cons

While Squarespace is ALWAYS improving their software, I have had to deal with some extreme glitches on their end. There have been instances where hundreds of Squarespace-built sites will not function properly. They generally remedy this within an hour, and it's only happened sporadically once every 1 or 2 years.

Squarespace review

I have recommended several people to use Squarespace's website builder and continue to use it for my company's websites.

Pros

The ease of use is the main reason I would recommend Squarespace to another potential user. The learning curve is not too steep and the pricing is worth it.

Cons

Squarespace can sometimes be very buggy and difficult to use when updating our website. Thankfully, the IT support is helpful and quick to respond to inquiries.

Excellent program for the price

Squarespace has been a great addition to our company and has allowed me to take control of managing, editing, and creating content easily. The customer service is great and they help you pretty quickly when there are problems or you need additional assistance getting things set up!

Pros

I like the ease of use. You can make changes, edits or additions within minutes. You can customize and ensure the mobile view is correct and it has all the features you need to build a business. You don't need a lot of experience to use the system but you will need to familiarize yourself with some of the advanced features.

Cons

I would like more options for mail integrations besides Mailchimp. I would also like to see some of the features being added to include calendar integrations without the extra charge.

Point and Click Web Design

Pros

My grandma could build a webpage with Squarespace. Her grandma could have done it too. It is really that easy to make an honest to goodness professional website. In my small office, we have given editing access to several members of our staff, and allow them to update and improve the website at will. With the edit permission settings on Squarespace, they just can't mess things up. And if they do manage to destroy things, somehow, I know we can reconstruct the whole thing from scratch in an afternoon. The templates are that straightforward. We no longer need to pay a web designer to make changes and do upkeep for us.

Cons

The built in payment system is mandatory. For some businesses, like mine, we are mandated to use specific vendors for credit card processing and just can't go with the provided vendor. That is frustrating.

I created a Squarespace site for a side project nonprofit business and was surprised by the features

I was somewhat of an amateur to building a website when I decided to go with Squarespace. It is not idiot-proof by any means, but I was definitely able to make a nice, clean site pretty much on my own. Squarespace has so many features that most small to medium sized businesses could do whatever they need with it at little cost.

Pros

I went in with low expectations because I am used to working with a few different CMS's (Kentico, WordPress) and was assuming I wouldn't be able to do much with SquareSpace because of it's low price, which was ok because I only planned on having a few pages anyway. I was surprised that I could easily build in a Contact Form, eCommerce for Donations, and an Event Calendar. It didn't take me long to get up and running, and was also pleasantly surprised how easy it was to add what I wanted to the CSS to make some changes from the initial template. For the price, you get a clean, modern and responsive website. I honestly don't know why more small mom and pop type stores make the very small investment to have a site that is far superior to many other of the cheap options.

Cons

Although there are quite a few available, there could always be more template options. Many of them seem to be retreads of others. Other than that, there were a few features that took some trial and error before I could figure it out, but most people should be able to get up and running relatively quickly.

Fantastic Storefront for Small Business

As an independent author, my printers handle the distribution of my books and all of the purchasing is done through their website. But specialty items that would be offered at meetups or book signings such as special editions or signed copies are harder to offer to readers except on a one on one basis. This is where SquareSpace has come in and been exactly what I was looking for. I love this option for small businesses, because there is already so much cost involved in other aspects that it’s nice to have a simple, cost effective, and well functioning set up that allows me to worry about the more important things.

Pros

It is a super easy set up, allows me to input the items I am selling and to set my prices, and they handle the point of sale for me without me having to be physically present with the square reader. This is fantastic for customers who are out of state or even out of country and allows me to get my items in their hands with as little fuss as possible. All I worry about is shipping. They do take a percentage...

Cons

I have not used this product very frequently, given that I’m offering specialty items to a very specific demographic, so I haven’t run into anything that I don’t like specifically, but I do intend to keep using it to see what else it can do.

Squared up for years!

I absolutely love it! I would not change my choice.

Pros

When I began I had zero web design skills and Square Space made it super easy for me to build. It's the user friendly for me.

Cons

I dislike the ability to use various fonts throughout the website without having to go in and change the core 3 fonts.

Another MUST have for your business

Pros

I love that Squarespace’s UI is user-friendly, they have templates for nearly all industries that you can begin your web design with and the API integrations are seamless with your social media, CRM, email account and more. They even walk you through how to optimize your SEO presence and you can literally find your answer to most questions within the platform support / help feature. I love that their apps are integrated so you can monitor your analytics through the one app and then in another app you can make tweaks to your webpage. Most importantly, all of their templates and layouts are designed to be web friendly and mobile-friendly.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is that sometimes in their upgrades from one version to the next, they disable certain features meaning the template I was formerly using was on v. 7.0 and I wanted to rebrand to another template in v. 8.0 but a feature I loved most (parallax) is no longer available in 8.0. I stuck with my 7.0 template and mimicked the things I like from 8.0 templates I saw. NOTE: when they upgrade from one version to the next, they’ll never swap any feature on you. You’d manually have to that.

Squarespace for fitness coaching business

Very good. I have been using this squarespace for over 2 years. I can access the analytics from my mobile and track visitors. My business website has gone through several rebrands, and editing things quickly is very easy to do. Everything integrates as it should and it offers a variety of features for beginners.

Pros

Very easy to use create a website. Required almost no experience or knowledge of Web design. The website can be as simple or complicated as you need it to be. Have implemented PayPal checkout so clients can purchase packages straight through the website. Have also linked printful to sell merchandise and a range of fitness apparel.

Cons

SEO features are fairly limited. Initially found it difficult to rank on Google as have no prior knowledge of SEO. Ended up hiring a freelancer to complete SEO and Google ranking for me. There is a guite and plenty of FAQs available.

Website creation made easy

Clients have been able to easily find out information about my business and contact me if they are interested in the services I offer. I don't know anything about code or website creation, and Squarespace made it incredibly easy for me to design a website that looks professional.

Pros

The page editor makes it easy to design a website without having to know code. I also was able to use the free images through the Unsplash integration. I also like that my domain and hosting information are in one place. I previously had everything in different places, so this makes things very easy.

Cons

The templates seem to skew heavily toward industries that rely on the aesthetic appeal of their images. I had a hard time finding a template that worked for my translation business (I have no product images to highlight), so I had to do a lot of customizing.

Brilliant Web Design Software that works a dream.

I've been using SquareSpace for 4 years now and have built lots of sites for very happy clients. Excellent experience

Pros

SquareSpace works brilliantly. The best thing is that pretty much everything you need to create a beautiful, modern website can be done within their system, no need for 3rd party plugins, constant updates or incompatibility issues that you get with WordPress. It just works! Great pricing includes many things that other web design tools / hosts charge extra for. The customer service and tutorials & guides are great.

Cons

The only downside, comes as a result of the huge upside. If you want to play around or need more customisation in your design things get trickier and the simplicity of drag & drop can't be used. These more technical css / coding issues are only for serious developers, so most casual users won't ever be bothered by this anyway.

Great toolset with an intuitive way

Little if any behind the scenes knowledge is required to create an attractive and functional site.

Pros

Very easy to concept and prototype a new or revised web site. Pricing is fair and functionality fits a large majority of applications. E-commerce capabilities have worked very well. Analytics and reporting features are valuable.

Cons

We have not run into any issues or roadblocks. We've used on several sites and the process of creation - sharing - revising and launching have been smooth.