All categories

Squarespace Reviews - Page 7

2,050 reviews

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great software, requires a couple of add-ons

Pros

The ease of the editor is beyond any other and the ability to customize while keeping the site look good is great. Their library of templates helps for quick site creation.

Cons

The site on its own doesn't have fast load speed. Cloudflare or some other add-ons are needed to help in the process of creating an amazing website. Therefore, the costs add up a bit.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

SquareSpace allowed me to take my website to the next level

Overall, SquareSpace has been a tremendous asset to grow my business and have a nicely designed website that works and handles traffic well.

Pros

Squarespace is easy to use and the design options give me the flexibility to tailor my website easily. It's so easy to use, and no drag and drop here - you simply add blocks from a small pop up menu and then you can move them around on the page. The blog pages are awesome - simple, cleanly designed and easy to add a post. The "duplicate" feature for blog and web pages makes it so much faster for me to add what I need in very little time. And the price is perfect!

Cons

Only issue I have is that when you add a block to the middle or bottom of the page, the whole page jumps up to the top. Once I complete the block, and save it, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the block and continue adding another block.

Worth the Price of Admission

Overall really loved everything we were able to do with it. For the time we used it, we were able to accomplish everything we needed to accomplish. The designs looked great, the customer support was top tier, and the value we got for the yearly expense was something we could not deny.

Pros

A great price of admission , if you don't know how to make websites of know someone who can do it for you. Look into this software and the themes they have available. The themes are simple to use and good enough to use as a starting point.

Cons

Being a person who developed websites, the ability to sometimes customize code wasn't as great and strong as I would have liked, sometimes there is a need to modify themes on some level and that wasn't there for me.

Clean, Modern, User-Friendly Web Design

My clients have had no complaints! It is a very reliable program.

Pros

I love that Squarespace is both user-friendly and customizable at the same time. As an independent web designer, it's nice to have the option to use coding to customize my work, while knowing that my clients will be able to access basic functionality as well. I also love Squarespace's templates – every template, no matter which style, has a very clean and modern look. Even the newest web designer can create something sophisticated with the help of the many templates.

Cons

Some templates have differing customizable elements (ie, some things that are customizable on one template are not on another). They do have style guides that list the functionality of all the templates, but I do wish there was an easier way to differentiate between the options (maybe a template comparison tool?).

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Allows my donations to be Mobile

Squarespace allows us to make the customer experience much faster allowing us to rapidly accept transactions. The speed in which we can operate offsets any fee's in the long run.

Pros

It's a very simple product to maneuver. We use this to capture donations when our job is on-the-go. It's ability to simplify the process of donations for our institution is great. It's worth the nominal fee in order to speed up transactions.

Cons

Unfortunately it doesn't integrate with our CRM very well. It's a pretty manual process to get the data back into our CRM.

A Pricey But Worthy Website Builder

Pros

Squarespace is a simple yet powerful website builder. If you have barely any IT or design background, Squarespace takes care of the most difficult parts of designing a website. While I'm using Squarespace, I feel safe knowing that I'm using a simple product powerful enough to fit my design skills(or lack thereof) and preferred final product of website. You won't find a product as stunning and simple as Squarespace

Cons

For those who want to take a more hands-on design approach, this website builder may not be the best solution. Since it's designed for beginner to mid-level website designers, it does not have a wide variety of code implementation or customization. You'll be primarily stuck in the website template you chose from the beginning, which isn't a bad thing if you're not savvy with code and website customization.

Squarespace is it!

Very pleased with how easy it is to use and how seamless and modern sites look

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of great templates. Simple to make changes and update site. Changing templates easily transfers all original content.

Cons

You only get 1 free domain and Additional domains usually always end up costing closer to $70 instead of $20.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Web Design without Technical Experience

Overall squarespace is I believe the best option for those who need a website in order to run their business or share their content but don't have the capital or the expertise to hire someone else

Pros

When I actually love most about squarespace is the restrictions that puts on me in terms of design. It prevents me from choosing random fonts throughout the website and protects the integrity of my look across various pages. Continuity is not something that I am good at as an amateur web designer. Squarespace protects me from inconsistency.

Cons

The web design site itself can sometimes bog down my computer greatly and prevent me from running other apps or tabs in the background.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Beautiful Product Photograph Capability, but not easy to manage

I launched my website for my business with Squarespace and I was up and running quickly. However, I moved off the platform because of ongoing issues with the image order and customer service issues.

Pros

The product photographs were displayed beautifully! I received many compliments regarding how beautiful my products were based on the way they were displayed on Squarespace's website.

Cons

The photos do not stay in the order that you put them in, so frequently, it would change the order of the photos and I'd end up with a product online with a lead photo that was not the best. Also, I didn't feel that their customer service was up to the standards I would expect.

The BEST web software!

Overall, my experience with SquareSpace has been second to none. It's given me a way to monetize my work, sell products and keep everything fresh and organized for the years to come. I'd HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking to build site.

Pros

SquareSpace truly can't be beat as far as I'm concerned. When I first started my business and had no idea how to create a website, squarespace solved all of my worries. The software is incredbly easy to use, has beautiful templates and lets you control just about everything you want to make your site look and feel unique. It's perfect for small business owners, artists, musicians and more.

Cons

The only gripe I have with SquareSpace is the pricing layout. It's certainly on the steeper side of website hosting sites and the additional features that make your site stand out/function better can increase your monthly bill.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Not perfect - but a lot better than most other platforms for website building

We use SquareSpace for our business website, and I use it for two other websites which I maintain. I would recommend it overall to those who know what they want to create but can't afford or don't want to go to a designer.

Pros

It's super easy to get started, and they sensibly pre-populate templates with some common page structures and information - so much easier to edit than to stare at a blank screen! It's easy to connect the domains and G Suite emails/business emails. Security is all taken care of and there is enough scope to go 'out of the box', do a bit of tweaking in HTML/CSS or full developer mode.

Cons

The lack of proper support - the FAQs/guides are okay, but often you need a code injection to tweak something (like making your header stay in place, or adding a transparent box behind a section title). For this, SquareSpace answers is good, but not perfect. Also, adding non- G-suite emails (Zoho Mail) is tricky.

Love Squarespace

I design websites for a living, and I use Squarespace about 70% of the time when building a website for a small business. I know that once I hand over a completed product, my client is going to have a beautiful, highly functional website that will be easy to maintain.

Pros

I love Squarespace. In terms of creating websites and managing domains, Squarespace makes it easy. Setting up a beautiful, functional website is very easy. My clients love my work, and it's because Squarespace makes things easy for me. The user interface is easy to navigate, even for less technologically savvy clients.

Cons

Customization is a little difficult sometimes - if you don't stick to their themes, it can be hard to make things look exactly how you want. However, it is also one of the great things about Squarespace, is that you don't have to work terribly hard to make things look great.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Pros & Cons of Templates

Generally my experience has been good. I work in a number of platforms in addition to Squarespace (including WordPress). I prefer using other website building platforms when I have total control over all edits. When I am building a site and then passing it on to someone with less experience Squarespace is a good product.

Pros

The templates Squarespace offers are beautiful. The drag and drop functions makes creating an attractive website very easy. A great "plug & play" product that nearly anyone could use to create a website quickly.

Cons

True customization is very challenging if not completely impossible within the templates. Even when selecting "blank page" --building the page still requires selecting from a limited number of blocks.

Clean, Beautiful Websites

I have been satisfied with my Squarespace experience and would recommend it to others. Our website is clean and functional and it was easy to learn how to do everything on the backend.

Pros

The website we have using SquareSpace is beautiful, clean and really easy to edit. We use a lot of the different features, including the blog pages, online store, password-protected pages, embedded videos/objects etc and all have been extremely easy to figure out.

Cons

The options are limited. Editing pages can be difficult because everything needs to be dragged and dropped into place, but most of the time all of the other blocks will shift during editing. You definitely need to be patient when customizing layouts.

Squarespace Review

I'm happy to have come across this service as it made it easy for me to show my portfolio, process credit cards along with many other payment options, and it showed me that im capable of doing what I thought was impossible as a one man show.

Pros

honestly, I like the ease of use especially given that im neither too much of a tech-savvy nor do I have much experience in coding and web design. squarespace offers a wide variety of templates, easy to use drag-and-drop blocks, and webinars to better understand how to use the product and service. squarespace also offers many phone supported apps to edit and track your website from your phone which makes it super practical and versatile to use on the go or if you don't have access to a laptop/computer

Cons

I have been using squarespace for a few months now, its a bit hard to point out flaws to be quite honest

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Squarespace has made my life significantly easier with their editor

SquareSpace has saved me a seemingly infinite amount of time and effort. The editor is perfect and allows you to throw together a website in minutes if needed. If you have more time you can really create a beautiful website with no knowledge of code.

Pros

Ease of use!!! I can repeat this all day when talking about Squarespace. I have used EVERY competitor out there and nothing comes close. The editor is easy to use for anyone, even if you have no experience with code. I'm good with HTML/CSS but still prefer to use their interface. I have to create quick websites all the time and have experimented with every brand, Squarespace wins.

Cons

Templates are great but there aren't enough of them to truly stand out sometimes. You can kind of tweak them to differentiate but they could use some sort of way to really set yourself apart in the way HubSpot templates do.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

"This review is brought to you by..."

I really love Squarespace. It's taken over the self designed web space and it's made my life a whole lot easier to get work out there and present myself as a professional.

Pros

If you've ever watched a YouTube video then you've heard of Squarespace. I love squarespace. They're so easy to use and setup. There are a lot of services and plugins that can help to customize your site really easily.

Cons

My only complaint would be that templates are so good that most people don't change very much and you have a whole bunch of sites that are carbon copies of each other, but that's not really Squarespace's fault I suppose.

Sleek, functional, easy-to-use blog platform--my favorite yet!

Squarespace is my favorite blog host to use. I have dabbled in Weebly, Wordpress, and Squarespace, and I finally settled on Squarespace because I loved the sleek, functional, easy-to-use sophistication of this host. I run an editing/writing blog and I loved how minimalist and straightforward the platform is. My customers can find the information they need quickly and the site looks professional and clean. Updating my information, tracking followers and comments and site traffic are all easy and quick to do with the layout Squarespace uses. I have not tried to utilize the commerce portion of Squarespace, but I would feel comfortable giving it a go considering the positive experience I have had with Squarespace already.

Pros

I love the look of Squarespace, and the easy-to-use features. I don't have to go clicking around forever to find what I need to update, review, or track anything about my blog. Squarespace is sleek and professional and I am confident I am receiving a great product for a great price.

Cons

There is not a lot to not enjoy about Squarespace--not much to say here.

• Likelihood to recommend3.00/10

Not user friendly

Square space was recommended to me by a colleague and it was not for me. As someone who has no web or coding experience, it was difficult to use.

Pros

I enjoyed using the templates provided by the website. They were artistic and creative, great for any business.

Cons

I did not like the difficulty of use. If you used the templates, you could barely customize the format and it was not easy to change.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Squarespace allows you to build and host a website all in one place!

Squarespace has allowed me to have a creative website presence on the web due to the incredible website templates along with the ease of application.

Pros

Squarespace is amazing. You can build a website and host the site all in one place. The platform is pre-loaded with creative templates to build your website. It is well equipt with insightful tutorials on how to build the site, with step-by-step instructions. The drop and drag format makes it easy to be creative and make the website stand out as your own creation.

Cons

Squarespace is constantly reaching their audience to understand user experience. Therefore, in the earlier versions of Squarespace, there were areas of advancement that would need to happen. However, the company and software have evolved to be the leader in website creation and hosting.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to create, customise, track and connect with my audience!

Overall I’d say that it has followed along beside me while I’ve grown into the designer I am today. The ease of use, companion apps and the endless possibilities have me a very happy customer.

Pros

Squarespace has made it easy for me to feel like I’m in control of my online presence as an emerging graphic designer. I am thrilled to be able to create a website that is undeniably me, and allows me to easily track my audience, with clear, uncluttered information and the ability to design without all the code. Also, I love the iOS apps that I can use on the go.

Cons

To be honest I don’t think there’s anything I dislike. In other words, I haven’t run into any difficulties thus far after almost 2 years using the platform.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to customize and launch in hours!

It was very easy and I would definitely recommend to someone that really just needs to advertise their products/services. Not for a more complex form of interaction with their users/customers.

Pros

I needed a web presence in a few days and I was able to use the stock photography and built in themes to quickly put up my site. Being a web developer I was used to manually building these sites - but it is a pain to build for all devices/form-factors and browsers. This took away the complexity completely.

Cons

Customizations are very limited and costly - each feature usually comes at a cost that quickly adds up if you aren't careful. Domain transfers are especially painful and costly.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Stunning High-End Websites for those who don't need bells & whistles

I always used Wix in the past to build websites, however I needed a very high end look and Squarespace fit the bill. I'll admit, at first Squarespace was difficult for me to navigate when building my homepage. However, I watched the tutorials and was able to figure it out quickly. The final product is stunning and I didn't have to do anything to make it mobile friendly - which is a huge plus....

Pros

Stunning sites High-end product Self-adapts for mobile viewing Integration with google Great designs

Cons

Lack of customization on individual templates Not enough consideration of SEO Need to use CSS

Websites Made Easy With Square Space

I use Square Space as a tool outside of my 9-5 job. It is where I keep my photography portfolio.

Pros

I love the modern designs offered by Square Space, and how effortless it is to add your own content to personalize them. A business' website is a window into what the company has to offer. If it doesn't look professional and flow well, it can hurt the credibility of the business.

Cons

I wish there was more training/resources on how to use Square Space and get the most out of it. For new users, it can be a little challenging to get started.

Templates are Great

It's a good platform for simple ecommerce (just a few products) and for showcasing a portfolio of work. Squarespace saves a lot of time by offering elegant and navicable features.

Pros

I like the simplicity of building a Squarespace site - I've built a couple SS sites in just a few minutes. The templates are very elegant and save a lot of time and thinking about layout. Blogs and ecommerce features are good. It's easy to set strikethrough pricing and have simple-enough products.

Cons

The Analytics section is good but there could be more insights. Google Analytics is good to use in conjunction with the out-of-the-box insights on Squarespace. With the ecommerce feature, if customers miskey in their shipping address, there is no easy way to edit the shipping address. Wish this capability could be added!