Squarespace Reviews - Page 7

2,464 reviews

Clean, simple, website builder

The design is clean, but the user interface could be slightly more intuitive.

Pros

Squarespace has put design at the center of their platform. All of their templates showcase this element in clean and modern designs. Their fonts are fantastic and much better than their competition. For an all-in-one website creation and publishing company, I recommend.

Cons

While Squarespace does many things right and simple, they sacrifice specialty functions. They are all limited by Squarespace's built-in apps and make customizable solutions difficult. If you need to perform custom tasks and code, I do not recommend this product.

Super easy to use anywhere

We use Square as one of our payment application systems. We have a few payment applications we use (pay pal, shopify, stripe, etc) but we like the fact that you can use this for pop up stores with very minimal set up/time.

Pros

I like that not only can you send invoices to customers through the Square space site but you can also use it for register sales. We also have pop up retail locations and it so easy to use square space with an Ipad. It really has a lot of functionality around how you can accept payments.

Cons

The only con that I have about the software is that if you run a transaction detail by date it shows all of the payments ever received by a customer not just the payments received in that time period. It makes reconciling to our bank account difficult and you need to run two other reports to be able to tie out. I was they just had one report with all the information we needed.

Allows my donations to be Mobile

Squarespace allows us to make the customer experience much faster allowing us to rapidly accept transactions. The speed in which we can operate offsets any fee's in the long run.

Pros

It's a very simple product to maneuver. We use this to capture donations when our job is on-the-go. It's ability to simplify the process of donations for our institution is great. It's worth the nominal fee in order to speed up transactions.

Cons

Unfortunately it doesn't integrate with our CRM very well. It's a pretty manual process to get the data back into our CRM.

A Pricey But Worthy Website Builder

Pros

Squarespace is a simple yet powerful website builder. If you have barely any IT or design background, Squarespace takes care of the most difficult parts of designing a website. While I'm using Squarespace, I feel safe knowing that I'm using a simple product powerful enough to fit my design skills(or lack thereof) and preferred final product of website. You won't find a product as stunning and simple as Squarespace

Cons

For those who want to take a more hands-on design approach, this website builder may not be the best solution. Since it's designed for beginner to mid-level website designers, it does not have a wide variety of code implementation or customization. You'll be primarily stuck in the website template you chose from the beginning, which isn't a bad thing if you're not savvy with code and website customization.

A great option to launch quickly!

We needed a more professional looking website quickly, which didn't rely on needing in-house resources for design and deployment. Squarespace allowed us to get a site up and running within just a few hours.

Pros

The service is very quick to get setup, switching DNS details is a breeze, and the pre-built templates making getting something professional looking up and running very simple. There's lot of templates to chose from and editing content is so easy.

Cons

There are certain functions ready built but it's still not as extensible as a fully managed Content Management System. For example, we can't give users access to write new posts on pages, we must give them global edit permissions for the entire site.

Squarespace is it!

Very pleased with how easy it is to use and how seamless and modern sites look

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of great templates. Simple to make changes and update site. Changing templates easily transfers all original content.

Cons

You only get 1 free domain and Additional domains usually always end up costing closer to $70 instead of $20.

Powerful Websites Fueled with Innovation & Simplicity

Squarespace is the future. Although there are other flexible options out there, Squarespace brings so much to the table and it only continues to get better. When it comes to ease of use and quickly building solid websites, it can't be beat.

Pros

As both a Wordpress and Squarespace user, Squarespace wins every day for me as a designer. There is much more power to Squarespace than many realize. It not only allows me to build stable and stunning websites for clients, Custom CSS gives me the freedom to extend website visions even further. Not worrying about plugins breaking is huge—there's so much peace of mind here. Squarespace also constantly improves their product with new features.

Cons

Finding a workaround for certain website functions can be time consuming. However, limits breed creativity. For me, the stability and reliability of Squarespace makes it well worth it.

Make a website with ease!

Overall has everything I need to display my company to the online world for everyone to see.

Pros

I like that I can visually see what I'm adding to my site, instead of code I don't understand.

Cons

I wish Squarespace was little more drag and drop with customization.

Square space for small business

Pros

Square space works well for small business invoicing and billing, and includes many features that not only my company but my clients enjoy and find to help improve our productivity

Cons

The cost to go from one employee to multiple employees is the only drawback so far that I have really seen with the square space platform

Squarespace

Overall, I use squarespace a moderate amount. We have an SEO company that did the initial website buildout and I add a blog every other week. And make changes if we rotate staff.

Pros

I like best about square space is that is it a good value for the service that it is. The price is reasonable, and it seems to be the best choice according to our SEO company.

Cons

I do not like the user interface for the blogs. The manipulation of the creation page could be easier to use. A lot of the times the things I try to add make the page “jumpy” and it distorts all the other blocks I have already added. It gets frustrating when you try to format a blog a certain way and you have to keep redoing it.

Great software, requires a couple of add-ons

Pros

The ease of the editor is beyond any other and the ability to customize while keeping the site look good is great. Their library of templates helps for quick site creation.

Cons

The site on its own doesn't have fast load speed. Cloudflare or some other add-ons are needed to help in the process of creating an amazing website. Therefore, the costs add up a bit.

Beautiful Product Photograph Capability, but not easy to manage

I launched my website for my business with Squarespace and I was up and running quickly. However, I moved off the platform because of ongoing issues with the image order and customer service issues.

Pros

The product photographs were displayed beautifully! I received many compliments regarding how beautiful my products were based on the way they were displayed on Squarespace's website.

Cons

The photos do not stay in the order that you put them in, so frequently, it would change the order of the photos and I'd end up with a product online with a lead photo that was not the best. Also, I didn't feel that their customer service was up to the standards I would expect.

The BEST web software!

Overall, my experience with SquareSpace has been second to none. It's given me a way to monetize my work, sell products and keep everything fresh and organized for the years to come. I'd HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking to build site.

Pros

SquareSpace truly can't be beat as far as I'm concerned. When I first started my business and had no idea how to create a website, squarespace solved all of my worries. The software is incredbly easy to use, has beautiful templates and lets you control just about everything you want to make your site look and feel unique. It's perfect for small business owners, artists, musicians and more.

Cons

The only gripe I have with SquareSpace is the pricing layout. It's certainly on the steeper side of website hosting sites and the additional features that make your site stand out/function better can increase your monthly bill.

Love Squarespace

I design websites for a living, and I use Squarespace about 70% of the time when building a website for a small business. I know that once I hand over a completed product, my client is going to have a beautiful, highly functional website that will be easy to maintain.

Pros

I love Squarespace. In terms of creating websites and managing domains, Squarespace makes it easy. Setting up a beautiful, functional website is very easy. My clients love my work, and it's because Squarespace makes things easy for me. The user interface is easy to navigate, even for less technologically savvy clients.

Cons

Customization is a little difficult sometimes - if you don't stick to their themes, it can be hard to make things look exactly how you want. However, it is also one of the great things about Squarespace, is that you don't have to work terribly hard to make things look great.

Pros & Cons of Templates

Generally my experience has been good. I work in a number of platforms in addition to Squarespace (including WordPress). I prefer using other website building platforms when I have total control over all edits. When I am building a site and then passing it on to someone with less experience Squarespace is a good product.

Pros

The templates Squarespace offers are beautiful. The drag and drop functions makes creating an attractive website very easy. A great "plug & play" product that nearly anyone could use to create a website quickly.

Cons

True customization is very challenging if not completely impossible within the templates. Even when selecting "blank page" --building the page still requires selecting from a limited number of blocks.

Worth the Price of Admission

Overall really loved everything we were able to do with it. For the time we used it, we were able to accomplish everything we needed to accomplish. The designs looked great, the customer support was top tier, and the value we got for the yearly expense was something we could not deny.

Pros

A great price of admission , if you don't know how to make websites of know someone who can do it for you. Look into this software and the themes they have available. The themes are simple to use and good enough to use as a starting point.

Cons

Being a person who developed websites, the ability to sometimes customize code wasn't as great and strong as I would have liked, sometimes there is a need to modify themes on some level and that wasn't there for me.

Clean, Beautiful Websites

I have been satisfied with my Squarespace experience and would recommend it to others. Our website is clean and functional and it was easy to learn how to do everything on the backend.

Pros

The website we have using SquareSpace is beautiful, clean and really easy to edit. We use a lot of the different features, including the blog pages, online store, password-protected pages, embedded videos/objects etc and all have been extremely easy to figure out.

Cons

The options are limited. Editing pages can be difficult because everything needs to be dragged and dropped into place, but most of the time all of the other blocks will shift during editing. You definitely need to be patient when customizing layouts.

Squarespace - Great for Online and Offline Business Management

Pros

That I can create and manage online listings for my business's physical location directly from your Squarespace site with Location Management.

Cons

The cart icon is a permanent part of the header In some templates.

Squarespace has made my life significantly easier with their editor

SquareSpace has saved me a seemingly infinite amount of time and effort. The editor is perfect and allows you to throw together a website in minutes if needed. If you have more time you can really create a beautiful website with no knowledge of code.

Pros

Ease of use!!! I can repeat this all day when talking about Squarespace. I have used EVERY competitor out there and nothing comes close. The editor is easy to use for anyone, even if you have no experience with code. I'm good with HTML/CSS but still prefer to use their interface. I have to create quick websites all the time and have experimented with every brand, Squarespace wins.

Cons

Templates are great but there aren't enough of them to truly stand out sometimes. You can kind of tweak them to differentiate but they could use some sort of way to really set yourself apart in the way HubSpot templates do.

"This review is brought to you by..."

I really love Squarespace. It's taken over the self designed web space and it's made my life a whole lot easier to get work out there and present myself as a professional.

Pros

If you've ever watched a YouTube video then you've heard of Squarespace. I love squarespace. They're so easy to use and setup. There are a lot of services and plugins that can help to customize your site really easily.

Cons

My only complaint would be that templates are so good that most people don't change very much and you have a whole bunch of sites that are carbon copies of each other, but that's not really Squarespace's fault I suppose.

Sleek, functional, easy-to-use blog platform--my favorite yet!

Squarespace is my favorite blog host to use. I have dabbled in Weebly, Wordpress, and Squarespace, and I finally settled on Squarespace because I loved the sleek, functional, easy-to-use sophistication of this host. I run an editing/writing blog and I loved how minimalist and straightforward the platform is. My customers can find the information they need quickly and the site looks professional and clean. Updating my information, tracking followers and comments and site traffic are all easy and quick to do with the layout Squarespace uses. I have not tried to utilize the commerce portion of Squarespace, but I would feel comfortable giving it a go considering the positive experience I have had with Squarespace already.

Pros

I love the look of Squarespace, and the easy-to-use features. I don't have to go clicking around forever to find what I need to update, review, or track anything about my blog. Squarespace is sleek and professional and I am confident I am receiving a great product for a great price.

Cons

There is not a lot to not enjoy about Squarespace--not much to say here.

Web Design without Technical Experience

Overall squarespace is I believe the best option for those who need a website in order to run their business or share their content but don't have the capital or the expertise to hire someone else

Pros

When I actually love most about squarespace is the restrictions that puts on me in terms of design. It prevents me from choosing random fonts throughout the website and protects the integrity of my look across various pages. Continuity is not something that I am good at as an amateur web designer. Squarespace protects me from inconsistency.

Cons

The web design site itself can sometimes bog down my computer greatly and prevent me from running other apps or tabs in the background.

Squarespace allows you to build and host a website all in one place!

Squarespace has allowed me to have a creative website presence on the web due to the incredible website templates along with the ease of application.

Pros

Squarespace is amazing. You can build a website and host the site all in one place. The platform is pre-loaded with creative templates to build your website. It is well equipt with insightful tutorials on how to build the site, with step-by-step instructions. The drop and drag format makes it easy to be creative and make the website stand out as your own creation.

Cons

Squarespace is constantly reaching their audience to understand user experience. Therefore, in the earlier versions of Squarespace, there were areas of advancement that would need to happen. However, the company and software have evolved to be the leader in website creation and hosting.

Not perfect - but a lot better than most other platforms for website building

We use SquareSpace for our business website, and I use it for two other websites which I maintain. I would recommend it overall to those who know what they want to create but can't afford or don't want to go to a designer.

Pros

It's super easy to get started, and they sensibly pre-populate templates with some common page structures and information - so much easier to edit than to stare at a blank screen! It's easy to connect the domains and G Suite emails/business emails. Security is all taken care of and there is enough scope to go 'out of the box', do a bit of tweaking in HTML/CSS or full developer mode.

Cons

The lack of proper support - the FAQs/guides are okay, but often you need a code injection to tweak something (like making your header stay in place, or adding a transparent box behind a section title). For this, SquareSpace answers is good, but not perfect. Also, adding non- G-suite emails (Zoho Mail) is tricky.

Great portfolio tool!

Overall I have had a positive experience.

Pros

I thought squarespace was a pretty good tool for building a portfolio to show your design work. I liked the customization you were able to do with each page and the relatively ease of use.

Cons

Sometime squarespace crashes when I use safari. I find this frustrating. I also get a lot of spam email from fake squarespace accounts trying to steal my credit card info. Not sure how I started getting these fake emails...