Stripe Billing Reviews - Page 2

CL

Casey L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

The perfect payment processing platform

I switched to stripe from my previous payment processor and haven't looked back since. I thought there was going to be a ton of HTML coding involved, but the stripe client portal made onboarding new clients and transitioning my existing clients super simple.

Pros

Stripe does not have a user cost. The only fee's are the processing fees per transaction. I also really enjoy the dashboard- so much data for the average user.

Cons

The size of the stripe platform seems to scale for major corporations, as a one man business, I wish I could scale down the features to de-clutter my platform.

KP

Karen P.

Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With

It is like using software from the 1990s. This is great to use because you do not need a landline but they need to add functionality such as taking a credit card in the field or in the store without an internet connection.

Pros

I like that I can take payments via my ecommerce website.

Cons

I cannot input a custom note to the customer. I have to have too much info to run a credit card such as billing address. This is very cumbersome. I need to have a credit card swipe to bypass having to key in a lot more info. I have asked customer service about this and they say someone will call to discuss but that has never happened

as

adonay s.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best payment gateway

Mostly great, like I said, the learning curve isn't the shortest, but as they have lots of options (that, after going through that learning curve you'll find they're needed in order to give your customers the best options and support) you'll be able to offer a great service for your clients, no need to get in trouble with clients because of the payment gateway.

Pros

They take privacy in a very serious way. And they know their product is used mostly by developers, so their site has plenty of support, examples forums and every kind of resource that makes it easier for developers to implement payments on any platform. Also, they have options to manage clients and subscriptions that can be billed for in a fixed period of time, give them free trials, etc. Their commissions aren't the cheapest, but I consider they aren't also very expensive. Another thing that we liked is that they keep developing their offer, like accepting payments via convenience stores (currently in beta while i'm writing this review)

Cons

It has a big learning curve. At first it's difficult to get familiar with all the concepts they use for their different parts of the process, I wasn't able to find a simple tutorial on their site (found some in external sites).

MR

Maxime R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

une excellente passerelle de paiement

Une très bonne passerelle de paiement globalement avec de nombreuses fonctionnalités : De nombreuses options qui sont nécessaires pour offrir à vos clients les meilleures options. Le support est parfois long a répondre mais une réponse de qualité donc rien de grave . Tout est positif.

Pros

un respect de la vie privée ? Stripe est un des produits principalement utilisé par lez developpeurs, de sorte que leur site dispose de nombreux supports pour notre plus grand bonheur, il y a des forums et différentes ressources qui permettent aux développeurs de mettre en œuvre plus facilement des paiements sur n'importe quelle plate-forme. Point important il y a des options pour gérer les clients et les abonnements qui peuvent être facturés sur une période de temps fixe, leur donner des essais gratuits, tout est paramétrable selon ses besoins. Leurs commissions ne sont pas les moins chères, mais trés bon rapport qualité prix. Ils continuent à développer sans cesse leur offre.

Cons

Personnellement je n'ai rencontré aucun problème avec le support , mais parfois trés long à répondre quand on a des questions.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Matthew V.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Perfect for one time payments and recurring

Very satisfied. Definitely great for when you are starting out and even with an established business.

Pros

I like that I can use it directly as well as integrate it with my own point of sale system. I used to have to pay for a software that could do both one time payments and automatic recurring subscriptions but this beat them out. I work mostly from my computer and its easy to get into and if I can't remember how to do one functions I can easily get what I need from their support forums or support chat.

Cons

Only thing this won't do is notify me if a payment doesn't go through, but there is a quick fix for that. I just use zapier and now I receive an email notification if that happens. Oh and I had a chargeback once I'd like to see an option to upload multiple documents for disputes not just one. I get that there is only so much file size available in messages plus my contract took care of that issue.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Simply the Best Subscription Management

Stripe Billing was easy to use overall, simple enough to deploy, and has a wonderful support portal and team to solve any other issues you have!

Pros

I used Stripe to manage Saas recurring billing with a few unique models, and it handled each of them after some integration work. It is a very product/business friendly tool that makes it easy to spin up new SKUs/products, discount dynamically, and analyze your sales. Stripe also integrates masterfully well with other reporting tools. I appreciated the work they put into automatically handling security and authentication as well, as it eased the burden on development.

Cons

Stripe can be hard to implement without at least some domain expertise on the team, and if your model is non-traditional. Doing things like highwater billing or multi-SKU billing on software utilization (seats vs. instances) can be a real challenge, and require coding on your side to roll up the right numbers. However, these are edge cases, and the core product works exactly as described.

BN

Bolortuya N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Stripe review

Pros

Stripe Billing is an easy convenient way to invoice and track customers with or without having to create a subscription. Also, most of the fields are customizable which allows to add our company flare to it.

Cons

Subscriptions are much harder to manage than they make it seem to be, also if an invoice needs to be amended the due date cannot be kept the same which is a hassle.

Cristian F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

High fees, but worth it for your ecommerce

Pros

This is a must if you have an e-commerce store. The fees are high, in my opinion, but the software is something you cannot do without. You can add Paypal for example, but Stripe is fundamental for charging by credit card. The WordPress/WooCommerce plugin is great.

Cons

The fees are somewhat high in my opinion.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Mejora la experiencia de tus usuarios mientras pagan!

Un año aproximadamente llevo usando Stripe y estoy satisfecho de manera global con la plataforma de pago. También he recibido un soporte y atención muy eficiente e inmediato por correo con las distintas inquietudes y necesidades que me han surgido. El servicio ha sido excelente.

Pros

Finalmente he podido disfrutar de una pasarela de pago robusta, completa, que me ayuda a calcular VAT o IVA de cada país y que me permite crear diferentes precios a diferentes productos y suscripciones de mi negocio. Incluso me facilita mucho las ventas 1 a 1 con los enlaces de pago que me proporciona para cada producto creado. Esta es quizás la mejor característica para poder tener una estrategia de cierre venta de este tipo. Estoy muy contento de momento con Stripe!

Cons

Desafortunadamente por los tiempos que vivimos con la inflación y demás asuntos económicos, Stripe ha subido tarifas de comisión. Espero que puedan volver a los porcentajes anteriores para que vuelvana ser competitivos!

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

AW

Andrew W.

Best for SaaS Startups

Pros

Stripe's billing features, especially Checkout, make the platform a dream to use. Their ability to sign up immediately with no onboarding call removes such a barrier to entry for the platform. The best part is that Stripe's Checkout product will create a no-code checkout, absolving you from handwriting checkout flows for your customer, saving countless hours.

Cons

I personally have had no issues with Stripe's support, however, I have heard many stories of people being denied access to the platform for a multitude of reasons that don't make a ton of sense. Additionally, the chargeback fees are quite predatory, with a $15 **non-refundable** dispute fee which renders business losing $$ on chargebacks for products <$15

Arjun K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Fastest, easiest way to get set up on billing

I've had a great time with the product. It is incredibly convenient to work with through portal and API, and meets most of my business needs, though I wish I could manage some of my paper check payments with it, and that the subscription product wans't trying to upsell me constantly. That said, it's an easy recommendation.

Pros

- incredibly fast to set your business up - API is very direct and flexible for subscriptions, billing, invoices, you name it - very easy to attach metadata and connect back to other platforms - online portal is quite useful

Cons

- too many upsells on the subscription management service - poor at handling partial payments - cannot handle physical payments (check). lockbox feature has been in beta forever.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Nuestra solución favorita

Pros

En todos nuestros ecommerce usamos Stripe, y en especial Stripe billing lara la gestión de suscripciones, el proceso es muy sencillo, y la documentación para el onboarding muy detallada. Y sin duda, lo mejor que ofrece Stripe es la atención al cliente 24/7 a través del chat.

Cons

Contentos con la herramienta, aunque estaría muy bien que el fee sea un poco más bajo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Gustavo B.

The best in its class

Stripe Billing is the best way to start receiving payments from your customers via online. It does have a powerful dashboard full of features, a great customer service to guide you through any circumstance you need help with. The payouts are consistent, and I find them to be the best alternative in the market after trying different providers.

Pros

Powerful invoicing system Recurring Payments capabilities Great graphical dashboard Top-notch customer support

Cons

The fees might be any lower than they are. 2.9% plus $0.3 plus 0.5% per recurring payments, increase the prices considerable, without counting on the federal taxes.

PP

Pam P.

Construction, self-employed

Pretty much the service used by everyone for online courses

Difficult and time-consuming to figure out and set up. Took 2 days so far. I recommend that you use someone that already is set up with Stripe and does everything for you... Kajabi, Magento, etc. You will still have to set up the basic account, but hopefully these providers have step-by-step instructions specifically for their platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service, top notch! Detailed help (too difficult for me in most cases). Seems like the most reliable and security conscious, which is why I think all the course hosting platforms are using them.

Cons

They will process your customer's credit card, but you have to install a shopping cart. You can do this in multiple ways. I thought it was very very difficult to figure out which way is best. They have a shopping cart that has less features than competitors, and they also have another one that you have to be very technical to install. Stripe Checkout wouldn't install on my hosting provider for my website because their software is 7 years outdated. So I had to find someone else's checkout. No choice. Stripe has a list of checkout, carts, etc. But they are all mixed together. The one I chose from their list was not good, so I don't think they check them out very much.

CP

Chris P.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Must Have For Your Business

Awesome experience, and use it as much as I can when I can!

Pros

Very easy and simple to use interface. Easy to navigate and get a read on your business transactions.

Cons

Wish the software I use now would incorporate a stripe option!

LL

Liz L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Stripe for the win!

It is the industry leader for a reason. It is fairly seamless and issues arise more so because of the systems that integrate Stripe are unable to use it to its fullest capacity.

Pros

It is very easy to use. The interface is very clear.

Cons

Recurring billing didn't integrate through the platform we use Stripe for, RecDesk.

Dawn K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

"Streamlining Finances: A Quick Review of Stripe Billing"

The stripe platform intuitive interface

Pros

user-friendly interface, robust feature

Cons

I like everything about stripe billing.

OS

Omkar S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to integrate and use!!

Pros

Stripe first of all comes with compatibility with many crosss platforms to integrate with. I can simply integrate itss libraries and the app is ready to go for payments that too with easy steps and a number of tutorials availlable over internet.

Cons

Stripe charges a little more the some of its competitors.

MV

Megan V.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

You don't use Stripe Billing? I am about to make that change.

I am fairly new to Stripe Billing. However I find that this software has been the most user friendly meaning I have taken a massive liking to it. I use this software daily, I am obsessed. This has cut my time in half for tasks such as invoicing over multiple accounts and is now my go to software for tracking down payments. Stripe Billing is essentially my account diary. Even the way the website itself is presented, it is very plain but high quality and appealing to the eye.

Pros

My favourite part of Stripe Billing apart from the fact it is the most simple platform to navigate through is that you can search a guests name, amount they have paid, or through the traditional date method to find out when a transaction was deducted. You can save yourself much stress and time by using this process.Using Stripe Billing is a no brainer. Would you like to save yourself time and a headache over finding previous transactions? Start using Stripe Billing for a smoother process.

Cons

There isn't too much at this moment that I would change about Stripe Billing. Apart from I wish they Stripe Billing would include a BACS payment invoice, this is the only thing that I feel is lacking. However Stripe Billing are extremely responsive and takes customer feedback seriously. I would not be surprised that after my review is published, this idea was then turned into a reality by the Stripe Billing team.

MY

Mike Y.

Glowing Review - One Of The Best Payment Processors

Excellent. Highly recommend this over any other payment processing platforms.

Pros

Without a shadow of a doubt, Stripe is one of the best payment processors out there. From integrations with web platforms, the ease of use, creating invoices, and everything in between that's needed for a small business. I completely trust Stripe and use the payment processor.

Cons

I would prefer lower fees and faster transfers, but as it is - I'm still satisfied with their service.

SG

Sonya G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Stripe payments and billing

Very fast to get used to and amazing to simplify work.

Pros

It is very user-friendly, there are a lot of features that simplify and accelerate the working process. Payment exports can be done when needed with customizable data and timeframes.

Cons

No notifications exist for the automatically cancelled subscriptions, which is hard to follow when there are many customers to receive payments from and money may be lost that way.

DB

DeAnn B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Payment Feature

Pros

Stripe is easy to use and set-up in a variety of apps. I can easily intergrade Stripe on registration form or event.

Cons

Unless you pay for a plan, customers can register but can bypass payment; leaving the accounting to follow up with individuals who did not have a Stripe account to collet another form of payment.

NY

Nichole Y.

Retail, self-employed

Excellent App

I’ve been using Stripe for about a year with my small online clothing business. I send out weekly invoices in small increments of less than 100 invoices per week.

Pros

I love using this app for my small side business. It’s free to use and the only cost I’ve incurred is transferring my funds to my account. And it’s a small fee. Invoicing is super simple and can be done through the app. You can take payments yourself or customers can pay through their invoice. Reports are available.

Cons

Invoices aren’t very customizable. Not idea for large batches of invoices.

NL

Nick L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great solution for small business

Been using for 3 years in a small business setting

Pros

It is easy to use for collecting payments by debit and credit card. It is a platform our customers are confortable with and they dont encounter any problems making payment.

Cons

Not always easy to understand fee structure

GF

Gweh F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Stripe Billing, un système de paiement numérique

Stripe Billing facilite le cycle de facturation

Pros

Stripe Billing est un système de paiement, électronique universelle qui vous permet d'intégrer un système de paiement électronique à votre site e-commerce

Cons

Vos paiements ne vous sont pas virer le même jour, vous deviez attendre soit chaque fin de mois

Showing original review in French. See translation