ThingLink Logo

Suggested alternatives

jotform-4-0
alemira
livresq

It provides quality service and satisfaction. This amazing software always offer the best value of money.
Super easy for the youngest minds to use and interact with technology for classroom projects. I enjoyed the versatility of it and ease of use.
This product is extremely easy to use and is so much fun for the user that is interacting with the articles I write. I love how it can add so much to a picture or graphic.
There are times when the server is unstable, and sometimes it doesn't work well on other platforms. I'm not sure why, but sometimes uncomfortable cases occur during class.
I struggled at first with this method because I was not aware that I needed to check the "Hide ThingLink interface. If checked, media will take a whole viewport of a browser" box.
Permissions settings default to it being blocked, so I often have to go back and change them.

SH

Sven H.

Tech Integrationist

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Attach interactive content to plain documents or pictures

Transcript

Sven: Hello, my name is Sven. I'm a tech integrationist at our school here, and I review ThingLink with...

Melissa S.

Global Learning & Development Business Partner

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Interactivity for Collaboration

Transcript

Missy: Hi, I'm Missy. I'm the learning and development business partner. I gave Thinglink a four out...

LC

Len C.

Media Production, self-employed

Thinglink Thoughts

Thinglink helped me land a job. I teach courses in multimedia journalism at the university level. Recently, I interviewed for a job and discussed my professional work and the tools and software I use. I used a Thinkglink example. It is always interesting to see someone's facial reaction when they learn of the product for the first time. For example - What is this? Wow! Where did you get this? How do you use it? Wow!

Pros

Thinglink, to me, is an immersive software that enhances teaching and the relaying of information.

Cons

I don't see a downside as I have been with the software for quite some time and.

KS

Karsten S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Modern education software

I work a long time with ThingLink and have made some international project based on ThingLink but even in my daily classroom I let it use my students to work with in projects and summaries of work flows.

Pros

I like that students can use this product very easy and in a way that they can be proud of theirs work. It looks professional and give my students the one of the best software for to show what they learned and how they think. From the beginning through a own drawn/taken picture to the end when they can show their progress in the project.

Cons

The enrolment is quiet technical and gives my colleagues a huge step to overcome before they want really to use it in their classrooms.

AL

Ann L.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Thinglink: Making learning in the classroom meaningful, relevant, and exciting!

Being a creative teacher, I love offering this program to my students, however the price gets costly every year. I still continue to use it because of how excited my student get to share new learning.

Pros

What I love about Thinkglink is that it can be used as an educational platform that makes learning exciting for students. Instead of writing a book report on the Revolutionary War, students can use their research to create a dynamic visual and share their expertise with the class. This interactive platform allows students to be creative and explorative.

Cons

I love this platform, however I would love that the platform allow students to draw picture and create diagrams. For instance students could teach a math or science topic to the class. As students use their presentation skills to share their ideas, the program can switch to other images or picture with the tabs that pertain to each.

vp

valeria p.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

A fantastic tool

I have been using thinglink for many years and I find it a fundamental ally for my lessons and the training courses I organize.

Pros

Thinglink is a very versatile tool that allows you to create many types of projects based on your skills. It lends itself to simple and fast work, but also to structure very complex and rich paths.

Cons

I think the integration with other tools could still be integrated as already done with Canva. In addition, basic models could be structured to be reused for new users.

KR

Keith R.

ThingLink ROCKS!

Overall, ThingLink has been an answer to many of my questions as a teacher. It allows me to engage students in a creative and innovative way! Thanks!

Pros

ThingLink is a very user friendly program. I am a US History teacher, images are extremely important in understanding what has happened in our country. ThingLink allows me to have students directly interact with images from history by identifying them and making connections between them. I also like the fact that ThingLink allows me to purchase just the amount of subscriptions that I need for my students...it's not a one-size fits all program. Tech support has been awesome although I rarely have to use it. Keep up the great work!

Cons

So far...nothing! Uploading music could be easier but that's just an issue of getting the actual music to upload.

KP

Kristy P.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Transforming Workforce Education

I really like ThingLink. I love the capabilities of the content and the opportunity to change the way workforce education happens with this software. I'm excited to work with it even more.

Pros

This software is intuitive, easy to use and easy to deploy. I LOVE that the possibilities for content creation are endless.

Cons

I'd love to see more icon options, but with the option to design and upload your own, I don't really see the need. I've been working on the development side and have yet to roll out a finished product, but thus far, even sharing my work has been super simple.

TL

Trudy L.

Education Management, self-employed

Great Tool for Self Guided Learning

I love TL and would love to see its utility increase.

Pros

I love that you can create a tour for your participants to use as self-guided learning. It is interactive, and the features you have available make it easy for the end user.

Cons

I would like to see the possibility of in application browsing- My participants had to leave the browser of the ThingLink to view the hyperlinks and some were confused on how to get back. There are several steps that can get overwhelming to less tech-savvy participants.

SM

Sarah M.

Thinglink in the Classroom

I love how Thinglink continues to update and add features that both students and teachers will find useful! We LOVE the 360 and VR capabilities! I worked with an 8th grade ELA team recently and they took their students on a 360 experience of the Holocaust to support their reading in class.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, I love finding open-ended tools that can be versatile for teachers. In K-8 we use iPads and 9-12 we use Chromebooks. I love that Thinglink is a creative tool that can be accessed on both devices and can be used to create in any content area.

Cons

I have not come across any cons when using Thinglink with teachers and students. I have used the premium version in the past, but currently I use the free version.

EM

Erika M.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Engaging feature for our users

Pros

I love the 360-degree imagery software that ThingLink offers, which makes it easy for content creators to put hot spots of information and link back to our content. And the inclusion of Microsoft's Immersive Reader is absolutely key to this feature for our users - they love that aspect of it as well.

Cons

It does take a lot of thoughtful work to put in the hot spots with the information, but that is mostly on our end. The finished product is worth it.

MS

Matthew S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Interactive Creation Tool

Pros

Extremely fun and creative tool that is easy to use for interactive activities and projects! Embed audio, video and a ton of other options!

Cons

Had a few challenges with sharing and embedding on Google sites, but all working now!

YA

Yeyn A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Taking it to the next level with ThingLink

I love this software. It really helped my life and my student's lives become much easier.

Pros

My students are able to be more self-sufficient and personalize their learning.

Cons

This software requires a bit of training. You need to plan for such things, but it is well worth it.

SB

Stephane B.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Great for Education

I think the tool gives great possibly for Education and I would like to see the 360 videos to be economically more accessible to Education. I will continue developing further student activities around Thinglink

Pros

The ease of use and deployment to students, the endless possibilities for students to exploit graphics/photos to describe

Cons

The UI could be modernized and the possibility of the design platform to be accessible to all devices and touch screen compatible such as iPad

DT

Dan T.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great system

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and all the team are great and have a great product

Cons

Nothing really generally a great system.

VP

Vinutthaput P.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Useful technology tool for learning

I am school director and I learn to use it and share to my colleague . Train them , and motivate them to use in their classroom.

Pros

The product is easy to use ,makes annotating digital items super simple.

Cons

Need more area to pace my content. Free features : Image, video, 360°/VR image publishing. Secure sharing. Engagement statistics. Offline viewing.

kg

kelle g.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Student-Centered

Pros

I love that thing link allows students to create and explore content using multi-media.

Cons

Integration with Canvas is not intuitive.

mp

maja p.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Beautifully imagined needs improvements

our overall experience is correct, a bit slow customer service, app needs some improvements and updates.

Pros

The idea, when it was introduced several years ago, was magic...simple to use and with the benefits of introducing a lot of information without damaging the visual. we did ask a lot of our clients if they would like to use it.

Cons

Somehow it did not show its full potential in everyday use, we use it for one client for their website, but apart from that, it will be nice to use it on banners, Facebook cover, or posts (like it was before). it needs to be aplicable everywhere.

Pedro H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Simple and easy to use with fast deployment

It's great for product tours, makes it so easy.

Pros

It gives you a vast of possibilities for getting creative with your marketing assets.

Cons

It's very basic, but at least that's what I like, we don't need tons of features.

VR

Valezka R.

Thinglink Teacher

As a new teacher and in the middle of a pandemic, my school decided to online last year and I was seeking for new cool online resources that I can implement in my classroom. I used Thinglink for the free trial and I loved it. More importantly my students really enjoyed it and thought it was a cool way for them to express their learning. They really enjoyed how much creativity they have and they can relate. This source is a great 21th century resources to implement in your classroom. The kids will love it and so will you! Your lectures become more alive and entertaining to your students.

Pros

I like the horizon of freedom this software brings to be creative. I used it to give lectures and my students love it.

Cons

Its a bit time consuming to maneuver how to use it. However, if you dedicate yourself its easy.

MS

Mike S.

Great product creator

Nothing but positive from any class I have introduced it to or for use myself. Great customer service. Love the 360 view.

Pros

Love the ease of use to Thinglink. I introduced it to my 6th grade class and they had no problem creating great products.

Cons

Some students found that there were so many options that they got distracted. But something for everyone.

MH

Marina H.

Fine Art, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great product for college students as well

Overall, I would recommend ThinkLink to educators.

Pros

ThingLink is not only productive for younger students, but also for college-level projects. The pop-up annotations are intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Limited number of views publicly for free accounts. Video annotation features a bit glitchy.

ET

Eric T.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great for Virtual Tours!

Pros

We used this software to create some pretty good virtual tours highlighting Gentrification in Different American Cities. Software Worked out pretty well and was really easy to learn and pick up. Learning curve is very low and you can create some crisp looking tours with media very quickly.

Cons

Software is not very customizable. Export capabilities are extremely limited as well as a format of digital assets put into Virtual tours. Simplicity makes learning curve low but also limits what you can do with the software beyond very basic tours.

AL

Abigail L.

Higher Education, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Helpful for School Projects

Pros

I was able to create my project in a very interactive way that made it more enjoyable to present, as well as more engaging.

Cons

I think it could be much easier to use, sometimes the features were complicated.

GH

Gussy H.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for education

Pros

I like that it is intuitive and easy to use. My students need very little direction to figure out how to created annotated images.

Cons

I liked the old platform with the classes feature and assignments so it didn't matter if the kids shared their work with me I had access to it. I don't use it frequently enough to keep up with all the changes.

AS

Anthony S.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

ThingLink Helps

Pros

Easy to use and very effective to use with what I needed to accomplish.

Cons

I would like to have more options to add on some of my products

DT

Deb T.

Great for Classrooms and schools

We have done many class projects with the software and even created a virtual 8th grade parent night using ThingLink that we got lots of great feedback on from parents.

Pros

It's so easy to use and looks professional.

Cons

There wasn't really anything we couldn't figure out how to do.