ThingLink Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Super easy for the youngest minds to use and interact with technology for classroom projects. I enjoyed the versatility of it and ease of use.
Best of all, you can create custom tags and design content that is perfectly suited for your goals.
This product is extremely easy to use and is so much fun for the user that is interacting with the articles I write. I love how it can add so much to a picture or graphic.
There are times when the server is unstable, and sometimes it doesn't work well on other platforms. I'm not sure why, but sometimes uncomfortable cases occur during class.
I struggled at first with this method because I was not aware that I needed to check the "Hide ThingLink interface. If checked, media will take a whole viewport of a browser" box.
Permissions settings default to it being blocked, so I often have to go back and change them.

Melissa S.

Global Learning & Development Business Partner

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Interactivity for Collaboration

Transcript

Missy: Hi, I'm Missy. I'm the learning and development business partner. I gave Thinglink a four out...

SH

Sven H.

Tech Integrationist

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Attach interactive content to plain documents or pictures

Transcript

Sven: Hello, my name is Sven. I'm a tech integrationist at our school here, and I review ThingLink with...

Angel L.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Making Education Relevant

Pros

ThingLink is such an engaging tool! It allows me to bring history to life while connecting with students across any distance. I thoroughly enjoy how quick and easy it is to create/set up while embedding interactive points and tools. I am able to add depth to my lessons by exposing students to multiple resources. It encourages independence and critical thinking while making each topic genuinely accessible.

Cons

Nothing! ThingLink is incredibly intuitive and the features were easy to implement.

KS

Karsten S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Modern education software

I work a long time with ThingLink and have made some international project based on ThingLink but even in my daily classroom I let it use my students to work with in projects and summaries of work flows.

Pros

I like that students can use this product very easy and in a way that they can be proud of theirs work. It looks professional and give my students the one of the best software for to show what they learned and how they think. From the beginning through a own drawn/taken picture to the end when they can show their progress in the project.

Cons

The enrolment is quiet technical and gives my colleagues a huge step to overcome before they want really to use it in their classrooms.

Ann L.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Thinglink: Making learning in the classroom meaningful, relevant, and exciting!

Being a creative teacher, I love offering this program to my students, however the price gets costly every year. I still continue to use it because of how excited my student get to share new learning.

Pros

What I love about Thinkglink is that it can be used as an educational platform that makes learning exciting for students. Instead of writing a book report on the Revolutionary War, students can use their research to create a dynamic visual and share their expertise with the class. This interactive platform allows students to be creative and explorative.

Cons

I love this platform, however I would love that the platform allow students to draw picture and create diagrams. For instance students could teach a math or science topic to the class. As students use their presentation skills to share their ideas, the program can switch to other images or picture with the tabs that pertain to each.

LC

Len C.

Media Production, self-employed

Thinglink Thoughts

Thinglink helped me land a job. I teach courses in multimedia journalism at the university level. Recently, I interviewed for a job and discussed my professional work and the tools and software I use. I used a Thinkglink example. It is always interesting to see someone's facial reaction when they learn of the product for the first time. For example - What is this? Wow! Where did you get this? How do you use it? Wow!

Pros

Thinglink, to me, is an immersive software that enhances teaching and the relaying of information.

Cons

I don't see a downside as I have been with the software for quite some time and.

vp

valeria p.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

A fantastic tool

I have been using thinglink for many years and I find it a fundamental ally for my lessons and the training courses I organize.

Pros

Thinglink is a very versatile tool that allows you to create many types of projects based on your skills. It lends itself to simple and fast work, but also to structure very complex and rich paths.

Cons

I think the integration with other tools could still be integrated as already done with Canva. In addition, basic models could be structured to be reused for new users.

KR

Keith R.

ThingLink ROCKS!

Overall, ThingLink has been an answer to many of my questions as a teacher. It allows me to engage students in a creative and innovative way! Thanks!

Pros

ThingLink is a very user friendly program. I am a US History teacher, images are extremely important in understanding what has happened in our country. ThingLink allows me to have students directly interact with images from history by identifying them and making connections between them. I also like the fact that ThingLink allows me to purchase just the amount of subscriptions that I need for my students...it's not a one-size fits all program. Tech support has been awesome although I rarely have to use it. Keep up the great work!

Cons

So far...nothing! Uploading music could be easier but that's just an issue of getting the actual music to upload.

DM

Deborah M.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

This is an AMAZING resource

The benefits are untold. We haven't been using this long but students love it. It is easy to use, and, once I've put it together--it is a permanent resource. Students are engaged, the learning is targeted and individualized, and I am building an awesome resource bank.

Pros

Seldom have I been so impressed with the potential of a program for math or foreign language! This is amazing; the procedure can be laid out on cards with a brief video clip (from a source or a voice over) on each step. My students love this resource.

Cons

It is complete in every way; there is nothing I like least.

KP

Kristy P.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Transforming Workforce Education

I really like ThingLink. I love the capabilities of the content and the opportunity to change the way workforce education happens with this software. I'm excited to work with it even more.

Pros

This software is intuitive, easy to use and easy to deploy. I LOVE that the possibilities for content creation are endless.

Cons

I'd love to see more icon options, but with the option to design and upload your own, I don't really see the need. I've been working on the development side and have yet to roll out a finished product, but thus far, even sharing my work has been super simple.

TL

Trudy L.

Education Management, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Great Tool for Self Guided Learning

I love TL and would love to see its utility increase.

Pros

I love that you can create a tour for your participants to use as self-guided learning. It is interactive, and the features you have available make it easy for the end user.

Cons

I would like to see the possibility of in application browsing- My participants had to leave the browser of the ThingLink to view the hyperlinks and some were confused on how to get back. There are several steps that can get overwhelming to less tech-savvy participants.

MS

Matthew S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Interactive Creation Tool

Pros

Extremely fun and creative tool that is easy to use for interactive activities and projects! Embed audio, video and a ton of other options!

Cons

Had a few challenges with sharing and embedding on Google sites, but all working now!

ED

Emmenegger D.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

ThingLink for eLearnig

It is possible for me to present very good 360 VR solutions at a good price-performance ratio.

Pros

The various possible combinations of the different tools leave a lot of room for maneuver in the design of the e-learning offerings.

Cons

The offer is very good. However, one could have even more options for customization.

AB

Anna B.

Great product for schools/students

Great! One time the site would not accept my card payment and customer service was kind and responsive.

Pros

Very flexible in its many applications for my classes/content.

Cons

None, I think the product is great. Could be a tad cheaper but I think it's still affordable for schools that have the budget.

SB

Stephane B.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great for Education

I think the tool gives great possibly for Education and I would like to see the 360 videos to be economically more accessible to Education. I will continue developing further student activities around Thinglink

Pros

The ease of use and deployment to students, the endless possibilities for students to exploit graphics/photos to describe

Cons

The UI could be modernized and the possibility of the design platform to be accessible to all devices and touch screen compatible such as iPad

NA

Nikki A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent digital tool for educators

Excellent!

Pros

Easy to upload background images. Intuitive in nature, tutorials are also available. Creates eye-catching user-friendly a-synchronous study units containing a variety of media and tasks.

Cons

I would love a checklist at the end of the ThingLink for users to check that they haven't missed anything.

VP

Vinutthaput P.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Useful technology tool for learning

I am school director and I learn to use it and share to my colleague . Train them , and motivate them to use in their classroom.

Pros

The product is easy to use ,makes annotating digital items super simple.

Cons

Need more area to pace my content. Free features : Image, video, 360°/VR image publishing. Secure sharing. Engagement statistics. Offline viewing.

kg

kelle g.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Student-Centered

Pros

I love that thing link allows students to create and explore content using multi-media.

Cons

Integration with Canvas is not intuitive.

mp

maja p.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Beautifully imagined needs improvements

our overall experience is correct, a bit slow customer service, app needs some improvements and updates.

Pros

The idea, when it was introduced several years ago, was magic...simple to use and with the benefits of introducing a lot of information without damaging the visual. we did ask a lot of our clients if they would like to use it.

Cons

Somehow it did not show its full potential in everyday use, we use it for one client for their website, but apart from that, it will be nice to use it on banners, Facebook cover, or posts (like it was before). it needs to be aplicable everywhere.

IT

Itza T.

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

ThingLink for Teachers

The students really enjoyed this feature (of listening to my voice and hearing my instructions).

Pros

I enjoyed being able to use thing link in collaboration with Canva or other programs such as Blend to incorporate audio for my Emerging Language Learners and Special Education Students. This helped make my website more engaging and interactive.

Cons

As a teacher when I paid the membership once my website was viewed a certain number of times the students were not able to view on the original website, they had to be directed to thingklink. But once I contacted customer service they were able to fix the issue for me. There should be no view limit for teachers as students will view my pages multiple times for educational purposes.

GS

Georgia S.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Thinglink is a useful tool for teachers

I have all the parts of my lesson in one presentation

Pros

The practical presentation and the moving parts

Cons

More tools like pdf accessibility, voice recorder, avatar accessibility, gdpr services in pictures...

JM

Jeppe M.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Virtual teaching with ThingLink

It is easy to get started with ThingLink. And it is very useful for repeted learning sessions.

Pros

It is easy to start use ThingLink. I can mix text, pictures, video and voice-over in a meaningful learning situation.

Cons

I takes some time to produce nice learning activities in ThingLink the first few times.

CE

Cody E.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

ThingLink Brings Learning to Life

Pros

ThingLink is so easy to use and produces an incredible product. They have done a great job of adding new features and expanding the tools.

Cons

Nothing really I see as a con as anything I wished they would have changed or improved they have with recent updates.

Abigail L.

Higher Education, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Helpful for School Projects

Pros

I was able to create my project in a very interactive way that made it more enjoyable to present, as well as more engaging.

Cons

I think it could be much easier to use, sometimes the features were complicated.

Ty

Tzu yu C.

Used monthly for 2+ years

I really like thinglink! It is easy for kids to learn digital expression.

Pros

Embed the video, audio and website. The layout and color Thinglink connection The icon’s graphic and color

Cons

The size of icon Two or more people do together

AS

Anthony S.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

ThingLink Helps

Pros

Easy to use and very effective to use with what I needed to accomplish.

Cons

I would like to have more options to add on some of my products

BV

Beth V.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Awesome Product!

Pros

I love using ThingLink with my students. They are able to create posters and presentations with uniqueness. It far beats paper and pencils.

Cons

The only thing..it can be a little wonky sometimes but that's all digital technology.