Vector Magic Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

I like for about all this software, because i am designer and i have a client. This time is good choose for using vector magic, so magic and beautiful finishing work.
Fantastic software for tracing and creating logos and saving as vectors. Simple platform that is user friendly and easy to figure out.
It is a great tool, great software, can do all you could wish for.

Brock P.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Vector Magic is an absolute MUST if you are using a laser cutter

We are super thrilled with Vector Magic. It has really helped us improve the efficiency of our laser cutting jobs.

Pros

By comparison to the other design packages out there Vector Magic is VERY SIMPLE to use, the learning curve is low and you will be up and running in no time flat. It has excellent tracing tools and we can go from rough concept to cutting items on the laser in MINUTES.

Cons

We have no complaints about Vector Magic. We mostly use it for laser cutting applications and it does everything we ask it to.

GC

Geri C.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Economical Alternative for Vectors

It's easy to use, does what I need it to do and is cost effective. They do offer an alternate desktop edition but for now I have chosen to use the monthly subscription service.

Pros

This is used for my online retail business. I subscribe to the monthly service which is very inexpensive and since I only use it once or twice a month, this suits my business model. It's straightforward to use and produces good results. Vector Magic provides several export options for the finished image.

Cons

The only issue would be that the subscription model isn't as advanced as the desktop version, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me since I use it only a few times a month. Should I require more extensive editing in the future, I would definitely consider the desktop version.

Yulia P.

Design, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Wonderfull resource to vector work

I am a new user of the application but it has given me good results, it is a bit slow but have realized that using it more often I have managed to move faster. I have used the application both with the phone and with the PC and with the computer it is much faster and you can enlarge the image with the mobile is more difficult but I can work on some images if at the moment I do not have access to a computer, the final result of the vectorized image is amazing I really recommend it

Pros

is a wonderful resource to vectorize that has nothing to envy other design programs is easy to use , at first is a kind difficult because the artificially intelligent do many question , but is not a problem because the result is amazing and professional, the quality of the final image does not remain with the classic pixelated effect

Cons

I like least about as the app is kind slow to process and vectorize to images because the artificially intelligent also the questions do to the artificially intelligent are very several to ask something, the app is pay but have a free trial whit only two images to vectorized

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Software to make any vector

I think Vector Magic is perfect and easy to use for anyone that needs to turn an image into a vector.

Pros

This software is amazing it can turn any image into a vector using the simple steps. I has a simple userface which works and you are able to compare the original image to the vector image. Then export it in your desired format.

Cons

Their isn't anything I dislike about the software it is just perfect at what it does. Simple and effective.

NK

Nasim K.

Design, 11-50 employees

Awsome Software I Ever Found

Pros

This is really a magic. I am working on making children books and you know vector images are the soul of kidz books. I had great difficulty to find vector images on the internet. I blew up literally when I found this application to convert images into vectors. Every type of images can be converted to vector images thanks to Vector Magic.

Cons

I really did not find Ny difficulty using it until now.

Graphic Design, self-employed

A great solution

In general it is good. But if they improve every day their options could be better.

Pros

Sometimes as a designer I need resources to streamline and to be able to shape different projects. I am a user of this type of websites since I download many images, vectors and so I can also find inspiration.

Cons

Although there is a free version and it is logical that you have to pay to get more and better resources. I think the free version needs some options.

RR

Ricky R.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Perfect Addition To Every Designers Toolkit

Overall when I have project that needs something converted to a vector quickly, whether that be designing a T-shirt or trying to bring the resolution up on a old logo without pixelating it, Vector Magic is my go to tool of choice.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it’s ease of use and It’s simplistic interface. With just a few a button clicks in the software I can quickly convert old drawings or images into acceptable looking vector graphics and with just a few tweaks to those result I can get a end product that’s pretty decent compared to if I would have retraced the image myself in a full illustration program.

Cons

What I liked least about the software is its lack of advanced features to really polish the image you converted to a vector. Although it comes with enough editing tools to shape your end results to your liking, I would have love to seen more features that are common place in other vector/illustration packages.

Adam C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

AMAZING raster to vector convertor.

With few options out there for this type of software it has been the best tool to use. The built in feature in Adobe Illustrator lacks alot of the controls that Vector Magic has.

Pros

I love the ease and controls that you have for fine turning the conversion. The live previews give you a great look at what the result will be.

Cons

I don't like that the base layer of the image created is one solid block that is difficult to break down. I would love an option in the software to choose if I wanted it as a solid block of color or to break it down based on the other shapes.

Petr V.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Unmatched conversion of Bitmap graphics into Vectors

Vector Magic saves a graphic designer a lot of time if he has to typically convert logos delivered to clients in poor quality and prepare them for printing.

Pros

Super simple program to control and is incredibly accurate. Lets you convert poor-quality bitmap graphics to high quality vectors. Allows you to save a small image in multiple magnification while maintaining detail, including transparency. There are 3 levels of power conversion algorithm available. After conversion, you can remove individual parts, colors, or backgrounds from the image. The program is also available as a web application.

Cons

Only one thing, too expensive license for occasional use.

khadeza begum m.

Design, 1-10 employees

Image vectorizing software

I use it to design T shirts

Pros

Anybody who is a graphic designer needs vector file.So anybody eho needs vectorizing images can use to transfer his file format. It is very easy to use.You can also customize it.

Cons

Nothing much to say. If you download it then you can use it comfortably.

AL

Andrea L.

Design, 11-50 employees

Really magic

Pros

Facile da usare,in pochi minuti riesce ad estrapolare vettoriali da immagini raster risparmiando molto tempo

Cons

Alcuni crash e la scarsa gestione dei progetti

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

JM

Jeppe M.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Autotracing made easy

Even though I have access to more fully fledged vector editors I still turn to Vector Magic if I need something done quickly. I often use it to clear up compression artifacts and remove single color backgrounds from raster images. It is one of my favorite pieces of single-task software!

Pros

Sometimes you just need a simple piece of software to do a simple job. Vector Magic does just that! I doesn't sport the features of fully fledged editors, but it does autotracing very well! You just copy the raster image, pick the initial settings, and then you have your vector in no time!

Cons

What you sometimes miss are an option to designate a shape or to fine tune vectors even further. If your raster is a perfect circle, square or triangle Vector Magic does still approximate the shape. If you could designate a part of the image as a perfect shape it would increase the quality of the vectors. When images are complex it can be very difficult to adjust settings to eliminate auto-aliasing or other artifacts.

AC

Anil C.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

2D editing with Vector Magic

I used Vector Magic over 6 months and it helps me alot while editing images.

Pros

Vector Magic is powerful tool to use while you are editing. It helps 2D editing and works fine.

Cons

Vector Magic should have more feature to use while editing.

Benedetta C.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Semplice ed efficace

Veloce ed efficace per creare vettori da immagini semplici, più laborioso per lavori i maggior dettaglio.

Pros

Un software che mantiene quello che promette, ovvero convertire immagini raster in vettori. Molto semplice da usare, soprattutto se si usa la conversione automatica per cui basta un semplice click, ma la qualità migliore si ottiene con quella personalizzata. Questa risulta più complessa e richiede più esperienza, ma permette di modulare diversi parametri per ottenere risultati sicuramente migliori. Ottima la funzione di rimozione dello sfondo.

Cons

Nella conversione personalizzata l'effetto della modifica dei diversi parametri non viene visualizzato in tempo reale, ma bisogna attendere la finalizzazione della conversione che può richiedere parecchio tempo. Se il risultato non soddisfa bisogna ricominciare da capo.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

MY

Muhamad Yusman B.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Very good for designers

Nothing is perfect but this app is really helps and i am happy with the result. Just little adjustment needed for some output in third party apps.

Pros

As a part time designer, It is really help me to convert certain images to vector. This small size apps can do good job. The interface is user friendly and simplified tools make it even easier to use. Just drag and drop, you got yourself vector graphic you can integrate with third party apps like Ai, Corel draw and so on.

Cons

Image with tone color is not traced very good for conversion from image to vector.

SR

Shaikat R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent Image Tracing Tool

Excellent vector converter for all.

Pros

Vector Magic is my go-to tool when it comes to image tracing. It can automatically trace any complex images, and the batch tracing feature is super helpful. You can convert a raster image into a vector image within a few seconds, saving a lot of time. Whether you're a graphic designer or freelancer, this tool will benefit you greatly.

Cons

Sometimes it creates unwanted lines and paths which you need to edit and remove manually. I think the editor lacks some essential features and is not very intuitive to use.

DB

Donald B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Got a Vector file?

It vectorizes a bitmap better than my expensive sign software

Pros

Vectorizing a bitmap quickly and precisely

Cons

can't think of any, Copy and paste or import a picture an go, done! no cons in that

MM

Marianne M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Vector Magic

Good back up vector transition software for basic use.

Pros

Cons

Not free like similar programs that are able to perform the same functions. Offers a basic service without advanced functions.

jg

james g.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Easy vectors even for a novice like me.

All my marketing costs have dropped considerably now that I can provide clear crisp images to my print media guy!

Pros

Ease of use. I had no idea what a vector was till I needed one and Vector Magic is idiot proof!

Cons

Comes off a little expensive until you try to hire someone to do a vector for you. Paid for itself in one use of the auto feature.

Design, self-employed

vector magic

more 3 years i am using this software and i interested to always using this software for forever

Pros

i like for about all this software, because i am designer and i have a client. this time is good choose for using vector magic, so magic and beautiful finishing work

Cons

i like for about all tools this software,so magic and beautiful finishing work

LM

Leonard M.

Sports, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

very good tool for architects

It is a great tool, great software, can do all you could wish for .

Pros

I used it at a firm where I did an internship /architec bureau/ to draw a bill of quantities (German: Aufmaß). Easy to use but needed some explanation from my co workers.

Cons

it is not easy to figure it out quickly by yourself. You will have to put some time into that, but it is going to be worth it.

Faisal M.

Design, 1-10 employees

My favorite vector tracing software

Pros

Vector magic is my favorite vector tracing software. It is so easy to use .You can save your time to vectorify anythings using this software.I just love this

Cons

Nothing to say.It is just a awesome software.