Vidyard Reviews

4.53/5 (66 reviews)

Pros
  • Vidyard is a great tool for video prospecting.
  • easy to use- great features for the free trial.
  • - Very flexible - Full-featured - Strong analytics
  • great for hosting videos, adding forms to your videos.
Cons
  • Sometimes the notifications can be a little off.
  • So far everything has met or exceeded expectations.
  • - You have to add some custom CSS to get the video to be responsive
  • I don't like how you can not change the size of your face in the camera box.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Dustin Tysick

Incredibly flexible video platform

Reviewed 2016-12-14

We are looking to implement more video into our marketing but we needed the ability to fully customize the look and feel of everything in the video. Vidyard is very flexible and allows us to build custom CTAs, Annotations, forms etc. that completely match our brand.

Pros
- Very flexible - Full-featured - Strong analytics

Cons
- You have to add some custom CSS to get the video to be responsive

Response from Vidyard

Thanks Dustin! Great to hear.

Anonymous

Prospecting at the next level

Reviewed 2018-12-16

Pros
I like Vidyard as a new, fun way to engage prospects with video. Great visibility into when and how much prospects see.

Cons
Video isn't a surefire way to convert. The UI is nice, but the layout is also not helpful - I have a hard time navigating to my videos, and figuring out how to convert to a gif, etc.

Jordan Wright

Video prospecting

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
Vidyard is a great tool for video prospecting.

Cons
I don't like how you can not change the size of your face in the camera box.

Jason Sakowski

Good Stuff

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Pros
great for hosting videos, adding forms to your videos.

Cons
customer service is lacking, they could not help with an issue we were having.

Daniel Berry

Not sure why it's priced so high

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-03

Pros
It's a fairly easy tool to learn and it's now the go-to video tool for bigger brands like HubSpot. It also has a fair amount of marketing-friendly features, such as adding CTAs and whatnot.

Cons
The price is definitely not worth the features it delivers, in my opinion. What can you do in Vidyard that you can't do with some design skills and YouTube or Wistia? I'm not a fan.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Greg

Turn-key solution for all our video needs

Reviewed 2012-07-26

I run a educational non-profit and has had a wonderful experience using VidYard to host all of our educational videos for students studying for college exams. Their back-end interface is straightforward, their embedding capabilities makes it seems like I have my own video server service. The analytics VidYard captures is simply addictive (in a great way), providing great information about who, when, and their experience with the videos. Competitive price and fast customer service. It's a no-brainer for us.

Anonymous

Incredibly easy screen-cap software for creating training videos

Reviewed 2018-04-10

I am able to share best practices with remote users without having to schedule skype or zoom calls with each person. This saves me a lot of time.

Pros
I love how Vidyard is free. I use it to screen capture my actions to share with people outside of my office, so they can see how to do specific things. It's incredibly easy to use and it has been totally hassle-free.

Cons
I have no negative issues to report with Vidyard. As I use a free version and it does everything I want it to, I am totally satisfied.

Jeremiah Dickson

Putting a face (and voice) to a name

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-09-11

I really appreciate the ease of use and the ability to communicate more effectively.

Pros
There are so many tools and uses for Vidyard. If you want to take your communication to the next level - this is a must!

Cons
There's so much functionality that some times I forget what is possible and leave potential on the table.

Anonymous

A fresh new training video database

Reviewed 2018-03-21

It is nice on the pinch to send training materials to 20 or less people.

Pros
I like the fact that you can talk and interact with a crowd group or send a pre-recorded training or message to a group of people. Also love that you can send it by link so that you don't waste a lot of space sending out to multiple recipients.

Cons
There's so many platforms now and so it's not his greatest some of the Microsoft, Skype, WebEx, lync options we have to choose from

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Free version, easy to use, great way to stand out in email, friendly customer support.

Reviewed 2018-05-20

Increased lead generation. Easier to personalize emails. Simple video customer support.

Pros
Chrome plug-in makes it so there are just a few clicks to create a video, and it doesn't take you far out of your normal Chrome/Gmail routine. Free version is as good of a value as you'll get. Quality of screen recording is high.

Cons
Not many complaints. A few more robust annotation tools for the videos would be nice, but it doesn't need much more.

Robert Rider

A lot of Integration available with this software

Reviewed 2016-12-05

Vidyard live is a nice platform to live stream from. We have a lot of live events that we do and for years weren't able to adequately live stream. We do use Facebook live for some things, but for events that we want to have a higher quality video we use Vidyard. The other thing we really use it for is taking static presentations and turning them into videos. This is a nice function.

Pros
I like the live feed and the conversion from static presentations to video.

Cons
So far everything has met or exceeded expectations.

Great free video recording

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
I love being able to see how often a video had been viewed. I appreciate using links to email the video instead of a file.

Cons
I think it slows down Google chrome use. It takes a while to start up and is one of the last items to run on start up.

Amanda Reese

Already Have Recommended

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-06

I've worked with the trial, and I think it's a wonderful tool. I have recommended it to a friend already.

Pros
totally custom options engaging relevant to todays marketing

Cons
pricing is not listed, you have to talk to a sales person to even get an idea of pricing

solid product

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Overall it's a good product, however, I wouldn't recommend spending too much time on it.

Pros
Increases the response rate from prospects. It's easy to use and integrates well with our Salesloft environment

Cons
The time that it takes to create each video can get frustrating, especially if you mess up. Good to use for high priority prospects, but probably not something I'd spend a lot of time on.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

I am able to send videos easily through Gmail and sales automation. Track opens, views, etc.

Pros
Vidyard allows me to take personalized videos and send them to prospects or customers in an active deal cycle. It has a seamless integration with Gmail

Cons
I don't really have any problems with the software, they have done well integrating into Gmail and SalesLoft which is what I use

Lauren Mihalik

Everyone needs to try Video

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-27

great!

Pros
easy to use- great features for the free trial.

Cons
I think it is straight forward and get's the job done. There is definitely more when you pay for it.

Jonathan Teixeira

Easy Way to Send Videos

Reviewed 2019-01-15

I use Vidyard to send video to customers in a quick and easy way.

Pros
Click Click and I'm making a video. Click and it's in my email! It's REALLY EASY to record and send a video. It's connected to our HubSpot, which makes it simple to send videos without ever leaving that system.

Cons
I would really like to be able to add a CTA to my video pages (like Bonjoro)

Becca Taylor

Helps to put a face to the name

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-22

Pros
I love the personal touch this software is able to give outreach. It is also so simple to use.

Cons
Sometimes the notifications can be a little off.

Catherine Bunker

Short and Sweet

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Explaining concepts to my students is made easy and fun with Vidyard!

Pros
Vidyard is an awesome tool that helps me make quick, educational videos for my students. I can explain concepts to them through a personal video.

Cons
The home page of Vidyard is slightly confusing. I wish there was a feature that showed analytics on the people who viewed your video.

Daniel Chance

A very cool, intricate way to capture videos and share with your leads/customers on the go.

Reviewed 2018-01-16

Pros
I love that you don't have to open up a tab or launch a system to capture your videos. It takes a lot of steps out of the equation

Cons
I wish that it was a little simpler as far as sharing, editing, and capturing the videos. Getting to that point is easy, but they made the process for taking action with your video a little muddy.

Jennifer Bradley

Great way to differentiate

Reviewed 2019-09-11

Pros
This tool is a way for our sales team to differentiate themselves and get our message in front of clients and prospects. We have seen good response and love the analytics showing who watched what and for how long.

Cons
Sometimes clunky issues come up, but the support team is great and always available to help.

Aly Hajiani

Vidyard, a niche solution. Not exactly for everyone.

Reviewed 2019-02-06

Use this for sales and generating more traction. Hasn't really worked well for my team though.

Pros
Innovative. Great way to increase traction and get noticed.

Cons
Integration is bad. Attaching a video to an email doesn't show the email in the video itself, rather just a quick GIF, and the video opens in another tab. I find this very redundant.

Great tool for Sales

Reviewed 2018-12-28

Overall, great product that helps me stand out.

Pros
This is such a great tool to separate good salespeople from great salespeople! I love putting a personal touch in my emails with a video to my prospects.

Cons
While I know it helps set me apart, I hate seeing myself on video. Would love some retouch options!

Brendan McCrann

Overall best B2B Video Marketing Platform

Reviewed 2016-12-13

In terms of general functionality and usability, Vidyard is by far the best video marketing platform for business. Out of any VMP, it has the best integrations and data flowing through our Marketo and Salesforce.

Maria Clara

Great integration with HubSpot

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
We use HubSpot here at the university and the integration with Vidyard was great as today we can send, via email, videos with numerous explanations for questions our students have.

Cons
At first it was a little difficult to learn how to produce videos correctly, but now we're getting better.